Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

uXs posted:

849€? Wtf lego gently caress you

899,95 €

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm the limit of 5 per person

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
As someone who is not a big Star Wars fan, that Falcon looks loving incredible. Just not $800 incredible.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
8500,- in my currency which is ~$1100...

Thats just a tad less than what i paid for the original in mid 2015.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow, so it really is $800. Holy guacamole. It's soooo good though...I still don't think I'd ever drop that much on a Lego set. I'll be watching like a hawk for deals while it's in production.

That's like, a new computer or a down payment on a car goddamn. I'm going to lego tomorrow to get the Snowspeeder. and I know seeing that thing in person is going to torture me lol.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-USC-Millennium-Falcon-75192-Preorder-/322700073424?hash=item4b226c59d0:g:5W4AAOSwJx1ZqFFD

I'm surprised it took so long for these to show up. I considered doing one myself but I like to think that Ebay buyers are dumb, just not this dumb.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
I was looking through my old stuff and I half-remembered that, as a kid, I had a t-shirt with the same design as one of the pirate minifigures (sorta like a tuxedo t-shirt but piratey). Was this a thing Lego did or have I imagined it? Google Image search isn't giving me any joy. Think it might've been the same as this guy's jacket / striped combo:

Maybe got it through the Lego Club?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-USC-Millennium-Falcon-75192-Preorder-/322700073424?hash=item4b226c59d0:g:5W4AAOSwJx1ZqFFD

I'm surprised it took so long for these to show up. I considered doing one myself but I like to think that Ebay buyers are dumb, just not this dumb.

Never underestimate the stupidity of eBay buyers after a hot ticket item.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

$899 CAD

Yeah. Nope. GF would kill me anyways.

Tempting tho...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Sorry just gonna ask once more as it may have gotten lost in the UCS shuffle...

What time does the store update for orders? Midnight EST or Midnight PST?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It might be midnight EST. I got my saturn V receipt at 12:17 central time and I spent about an hour mashing on their website trying to get an order in.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm...~3 months of car payments or MF lego...hard choices.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wishlisted already? So that means preorders sold out?

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
gently caress car payment, that's pretty close to my drat mortgage payment.

Want it anyways, but 1) no place to put it and 2) wife would murder me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lego presents: the widowmaker

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
It's funny that the only time I will be at a lego store for the past 2 years will be October 1. And I planned that about 6 months ago (There are none near me). Pity I won't be there until late afternoon and this will be sold out by then. Not sure how I would get that thing on a plane home though!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Vintersorg posted:

Wishlisted already? So that means preorders sold out?

Goes on sale 9/15.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Couple of questions since I rarely shop at the Lego Store for more than PAB, and rarely use my VIP card. I want to go in tomorrow and buy the Snowspeeder, Can I use my 2x points right then and there to grab another set or is there a wait time? Also, are Lego Stores cool about holding sets for customers? It's an hour drive and I don't want to go there and find they are sold out.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
$1300 Australian (about $1030 US) . Get hosed you crooks

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

$899 CAD

Yeah. Nope. GF would kill me anyways.

Tempting tho...
I've been hoping they would come out with another UCS Falcon. Then I saw the price tag. No.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

veni veni veni posted:

Couple of questions since I rarely shop at the Lego Store for more than PAB, and rarely use my VIP card. I want to go in tomorrow and buy the Snowspeeder, Can I use my 2x points right then and there to grab another set or is there a wait time? Also, are Lego Stores cool about holding sets for customers? It's an hour drive and I don't want to go there and find they are sold out.

As long as their system isn't down, you should be able to use them immediately after.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Lizard Combatant posted:

$1300 Australian (about $1030 US) . Get hosed you crooks

They have to charge more to make sure no spiders get into the box. Do you want to open it up and get attacked by spiders?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

duz posted:

As long as their system isn't down, you should be able to use them immediately after.

Yep. Just has to be a separate order.

Also, The $800 MF gives an immediate $40 in credit. Not bad. But better to wait for 2x and get $80.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Cojawfee posted:

They have to charge more to make sure no spiders get into the box. Do you want to open it up and get attacked by spiders?

Might take my chances with the Chinese jumping spiders.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Yep. Just has to be a separate order.

Also, The $800 MF gives an immediate $40 in credit. Not bad. But better to wait for 2x and get $80.

Isn't it double point on Star Wars sets for the Force Friday promotion?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DrChud posted:

Isn't it double point on Star Wars sets for the Force Friday promotion?

Yeah but the Falcon doesn't come out until October.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

So, if I want Ninjago city, should I just show up at the Lego store closest to me at opening, or buy online? I signed up for VIP like a week ago, but couldn't get to a store and would rather go get it in person.

Thoughts?

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a Ninjago City at an official Lego store right now

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I guess we know why Leia wasn't included in UCS Hoth now. Bastards.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

pzy posted:

I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a Ninjago City at an official Lego store right now

Right. But I can't get to one until tomorrow. Which has me nervous.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well, it comes out tomorrow so I'm guessing they aren't selling out today?

I called them today about the speeder and they said they'll hold sets until the end of the business day. So just call them. not sure if there are restrictions on sets that came out that day though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ultimate Mango posted:

Right. But I can't get to one until tomorrow. Which has me nervous.

Anyone who wants it day one is VIP and already has it.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah but the Falcon doesn't come out until October.

Some reason I thought I was going on sale at midnight tonight. I just noticed you get a limited edition VIP card when you buy it though.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone who wants it day one is VIP and already has it.

Right, meaning I now have to compete with non VIPs for it since I haven't been able to get it before tomorrow.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ultimate Mango posted:

Right, meaning I now have to compete with non VIPs for it since I haven't been able to get it before tomorrow.

Yes but I think his point was since VIP is awesome and free, anyone who had ANY interest in rushing out to get the Ninjago City would have likely signed up for VIP to get it like, 2 weeks ago. Meaning tomorrow, they open up, and likely not many people care.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

And once again, it comes out tomorrow so why would you be at a disadvantage by not being able to go there until tomorrow morning?

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying it seems like you think it came out today?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ultimate Mango posted:

It's a $300 low demand set. I doubt they will be sold out. The rocket sells out but it isn't expensive. The last set that sold out consistently was the Disney castle. This is not the disney castle. It's a ninjago set.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

It's a $300 low demand set. I doubt they will be sold out. The rocket sells out but it isn't expensive. The last set that sold out consistently was the Disney castle. This is not the disney castle. It's a ninjago set.

The Disney castle was that popular? I say them for sale at Disney, but I guess you would not want to carry that giant box around with you at a theme park?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ultimate Mango posted:

The Disney castle was that popular? I say them for sale at Disney, but I guess you would not want to carry that giant box around with you at a theme park?

It took a couple months for it to become readily available. My point is that the ninjago city isn't the disney castle. It's not the Saturn V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just ordered Old Fishing Store. :)