Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

listen, you gotta do the warcry near enemies to get a bonus anyway, so just do the thing before every pack or every two-three packs of you are going fast enough this isn't hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Ciaphas posted:

You think I'd be far behind in DPS terms if I went Chieftain instead for facebreakin'? The taunting and more durable totems and free leech sound nice.

The totem taunt is actually more useful than the leech a lot of the time and honestly Chieftan isn't far behind Zerker for dps due to the monsters near totem take 16% increased damage node.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Does that damage increase work different from other ones like on a jewel or something? 16 increase sounds like way less than 40 more from what I understand.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

Does that damage increase work different from other ones like on a jewel or something? 16 increase sounds like way less than 40 more from what I understand.

Increased on targets (like via Intimidation, or the Inquisitor elemental one) effectively are more multipliers.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

NecroMonster posted:

listen, you gotta do the warcry near enemies to get a bonus anyway, so just do the thing before every pack or every two-three packs of you are going fast enough this isn't hard

I get endurance via Gladiator passives so it's not needed. Just a wasted click when I could be blade flurrying or laying an ancestral protector.

Edit: Any other blade flurry bleeders around? I'm curious why guides suggest taking Dirty Techniques over Blade Master. On balance I feel like the attack damage + ASP + ailment damage > pure bleed damage.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I get endurance via Gladiator passives so it's not needed. Just a wasted click when I could be blade flurrying or laying an ancestral protector.

Edit: Any other blade flurry bleeders around? I'm curious why guides suggest taking Dirty Techniques over Blade Master. On balance I feel like the attack damage + ASP + ailment damage > pure bleed damage.

Adding poison stacks really helped my build. I'm new myself, but I changed spec to get 100% on both bleed and poison. I also took Crimson Dance and Resolute Technique to try and make the Blade Flurries count. It really hit its stride when I got the Gladiator passive that blows up bleeding enemies.

Its a fun build, for sure.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

that's fine then, i just hate when people act like keeping up short duration buffs is impossible is all. why yes i did play a lot of barbarian in d2

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Is anyone online now that can run me through poorjoys asylum? Will bribe with chaos. Character is DonSlappy

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I can totally do Tier 11 maps with nary a death, but Tier 12 is horrifying. Underground Sea? Easy. Vault? Lord help me, the Golems and Weapons are eating my soul! I guess this is the scary breakpoint.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Mr. Despair posted:

You won't see them either unless you use remnants of corruption on the top tier essences that spawn naturally.

Can you post a link to your character? I'm leveling a starforge lacerate right now, would be interested to see how your build compares to the guide I was following.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/pokchu/characters

po_d is the guy; like i said, everything is exactly the way it was in 2.6 and still stomped everything

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

zana dropped me in a poorjoys asylum for a quest one day and it was like, well, i guess i dont get a daily today and lose all my xp learning what the deal with this place is. gently caress RF mobs.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Indecisive posted:

zana dropped me in a poorjoys asylum for a quest one day and it was like, well, i guess i dont get a daily today and lose all my xp learning what the deal with this place is. gently caress RF mobs.

RF mobs?

well I guess Igna is kinda frightening in poorjoys, but then again all exiles are imo

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

new mtx https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1985001

the determination one looks super cool but im not sure ive ever actually run determination in a build. only grace + iron reflexes.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I'm real bad at poe.trade searches, anyone wanna tell me what these guys are worth, or if they're at least worth my time to figure out?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

CubeTheory posted:

I'm real bad at poe.trade searches, anyone wanna tell me what these guys are worth, or if they're at least worth my time to figure out?

they're a decent base, have an open suffix & prefix and have decent rolls

should be pretty easy to search for, but i'm guessing 4-8c

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
Does anyone remember 6 Link Lottery's?

I'm thinking of a very special, goon only, +2 barrage DBK's Tempest Helm. I'm willing to go as high as 3.5 Necropolis Payout

10bux fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Sep 1, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Think I should sell my Taste of Hate and get a Bisco's (and maybe some Divines)? for my SR MoM Trickster? I can't make up my mind, it's such a valuable flask.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ciaphas posted:

Think I should sell my Taste of Hate and get a Bisco's (and maybe some Divines)? for my SR MoM Trickster? I can't make up my mind, it's such a valuable flask.

Biscos is worth every chaos. It is the 2nd best item in the game. If your build can wear biscos and isn't doing so then wtf are you doing. If it can't wear biscos then it's a bad build.

Especially with how many alts you roll, this will maximize your gains.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I ended up selling some other random crap, buying a cheap 56% for 85c, then divining it in one go to 95% so now I am the bread winner :smug:

Now for now I just really really hope that it doesn't turn out that my current jam, SR MoM Trickster, needs the amulet slot. :v:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 1, 2017

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Ciaphas posted:

I ended up selling some other random crap, buying a cheap 56% for 85c, then divining it in one go to 95% so now I am the bread winner :smug:

Now for now I just really really hope that it doesn't turn out that my current jam, SR MoM Trickster, needs the amulet slot. :v:

I stuck a bisco's on my SR MoM Inquisitor and haven't looked back yet.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Apparently I missed the last purge. Can someone save me a guild slot on the next purge or somethin:sweatdrop:

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

Apparently I missed the last purge. Can someone save me a guild slot on the next purge or somethin:sweatdrop:

Not sure what you mean by "missed the purge" but there's currently spots open.

Whisper me in game: dbk

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
I have an 80% biscos on HC but I wonder if I should sell it. Demand seems high and I'm fairly poor. I use it on my Prism archer, but 4.6k life evasion is a rip waiting to happen.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

RF mobs?

well I guess Igna is kinda frightening in poorjoys, but then again all exiles are imo

well I assumed it was RF mobs, it was some poo poo that had some kinda magic aura and when they got near me my hp loving MELTED but it didn't have the glowing circle like RF usually does so IDK. maybe if this game had a goddamn kill log that showed what killed you this wouldnt be a problem

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008
Please invite CreepyGreenLight to the guild

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

10bux posted:

Not sure what you mean by "missed the purge" but there's currently spots open.

Whisper me in game: dbk

Can't get online right now, could you invite gayosorb

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Indecisive posted:

well I assumed it was RF mobs, it was some poo poo that had some kinda magic aura and when they got near me my hp loving MELTED but it didn't have the glowing circle like RF usually does so IDK. maybe if this game had a goddamn kill log that showed what killed you this wouldnt be a problem

it's unrighteous fire or w/e the bad guy version is

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

can anyone think of a situation where this is actually a DPS loss or is this build planner just incredibly bad?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Control Volume posted:

can anyone think of a situation where this is actually a DPS loss or is this build planner just incredibly bad?

Does penetration go negative? e.g. Lighting Penetration support would push an enemy's resist to -20%, so ignoring the enemy's resist would reduce your damage because -20% with pen is better than 0% with that node allocated

Actual field results would depend on resist of the enemy, that calc might make a poor assumption to where the node would still be a net benefit because enemies would have more resists than it thinks

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yep, inevitable judgement can be a dps loss if you have a high crit rate and are already reducing the enemies resistances below zero. Crits with inevitable judgement are calculated as if the target has exactly 0 resist, so you may actually be increasing their resists with a crit.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ah yeah the build has 25% fire penetration total, but I guess it's just treating everything like it has low resists?

e: Missed the fire penetration gem too

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 1, 2017

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Try setting it to bosses and shaper in the config and it should be adps gain I think

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Control Volume posted:

Ah yeah the build has 25% fire penetration total, but I guess it's just treating everything like it has low resists?

change the calculation to boss or shaper, should show you the dps increase (and again, bosses are what matter, calculations honestly should always be set to that at least)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I have found that the answer to "why is POB telling me something that makes no sense" is always "because I am extremely stupid and I configured it wrong"

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Anyone have a link to a solid Maurader build that has decent clear speed and can do bosses. I've been looking into Sunder a bit but I'd like to get opinions before committing.

I also "finished" my Vaal Fireball / Spark speed farmer but I am having trouble actually killing poo poo. I am currently level 74 with 3/4 Labyrinth's completed. poo poo does doesn't seem to want to die and I think I might be roughly 10 levels/skill points away from actually completing this build but the guide I was looking into said I should be able to swap into it around level 70. Anyone have experience with this build and about what level you were able to get it online?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Anyone have a link to a solid Maurader build that has decent clear speed and can do bosses. I've been looking into Sunder a bit but I'd like to get opinions before committing.

I also "finished" my Vaal Fireball / Spark speed farmer but I am having trouble actually killing poo poo. I am currently level 74 with 3/4 Labyrinth's completed. poo poo does doesn't seem to want to die and I think I might be roughly 10 levels/skill points away from actually completing this build but the guide I was looking into said I should be able to swap into it around level 70. Anyone have experience with this build and about what level you were able to get it online?

Sunder is a really really fun clear skill, and I love leveling with it, but the single target DPS on bosses just doesn't keep up compared to other skills. Doesn't mean you can't brute force it, but it isn't one of the optimal ways to get bosses dead, compared to other skills that can still clear adequately.

I was playing around a bit with a Berserker Blade Flurry using daggers or claws, and ended up keeping on using axe / claw so that I could Sunder with one hand, and Blade Flurry with the other, was pretty fun enough. With more money spent I might have been able to get the Sunder DPS to keep up enough with only being able to 4-link it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Control Volume posted:

e: Missed the fire penetration gem too

You gotta remove any pen gems and stuff and also set the mob to a boss or shaper.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Devor posted:

Sunder is a really really fun clear skill, and I love leveling with it, but the single target DPS on bosses just doesn't keep up compared to other skills. Doesn't mean you can't brute force it, but it isn't one of the optimal ways to get bosses dead, compared to other skills that can still clear adequately.

I was playing around a bit with a Berserker Blade Flurry using daggers or claws, and ended up keeping on using axe / claw so that I could Sunder with one hand, and Blade Flurry with the other, was pretty fun enough. With more money spent I might have been able to get the Sunder DPS to keep up enough with only being able to 4-link it.

Is there a generally settled on way to build Sunder. I see a lot of builds are either 2H or Totem. Anyone know which of these is generally settled on as the go to?

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Got a link for the tree? I'm using Terminus Flicker right now and I'm wondering how far off Oro's is

I don't think my character is worth following, but it is really straight forward;
- Get Resolute Technique
- Get every life node, including Scion Wheel
- Get every fire damage node, including chance to ignite / burn damage
- Get some jewel slots (and endurance charges if Chieftain)
- I took Blood Magic

This makes it a very dense build; everything is located near eachother.
I should probably make the trip for EE if there is a different damage node on jewellery.

I want to test my exact same setup with Molten Strike, to see if it kills bosses.
Perhaps change my weapon to Pledge of Hands. Hmm, could be a good weapon swap for bosses now that I think about it.

edit:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/BobsBestFriend/characters
(ManagerIRL)

Acht fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

It's always some stupid rng poo poo that I'll miss