Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

etalian posted:

She will run again in 2020.

If she does she will get utterly embarrassed.

But hell, when has that stopped her in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

If she does she will get utterly embarrassed.

But hell, when has that stopped her in the past.

not only will she run, she will get crowned, this time extremely blatantly then get sup 3rd party numbers in the general while the media acts like she has a chance the whole time.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Agean90 posted:

not only will she run, she will get crowned, this time extremely blatantly then get sup 3rd party numbers in the general while the media acts like she has a chance the whole time.

She'll get clowned not crowned, donors aren't betting on that horse again. Some other centrist will eat her $ and take her lane.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

etalian posted:

She will run again in 2020.

toxx for it

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Wow gonna be a tough decision for the Neolibs to cheer this or not.

https://twitter.com/ZeroPointNow/status/903385953246502912

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Gays VS brutal dictators, drat what a tough decision.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/903294083900342273

Lol between Hillary fleecing everyone and Obama sitting down and shutting up while Trump dismantled everything Obama accomplished the dems are good.

I'm the leftist quoting the washington examiner

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

MaxxBot posted:

easy solution give the PKK a ton of explosives so they can blow them both up

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

zegermans posted:

Lol it was in my Twitter feed retweeted by some random journo I followed. Have to keep tabs on what the enemies are saying.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

guys i googled "Jamaican" and I think the thread title checks out

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

MaxxBot posted:

Isn't this from like 2007 or somehing?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

MaxxBot posted:

At least it's not Constantinople

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
every day its the same poo poo about how liberals are better than rednecks because liberals will run the carceral state without bigotry in their hearts

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

deadgoon posted:

every day its the same poo poo about how liberals are better than rednecks because liberals will run the carceral state without bigotry in their hearts

We are all the same when dead.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

guys i googled "Jamaican" and I think the thread title checks out

Is that Adrien Brody?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
cory booker will co-sponsor bernie's medicare-for-all bill

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Also if you are an "anti-fascist" you are just upset that you aren't on the right side of the current fascism trend.

Lmbo okay

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The default human state is to want to be ruled by genocidal shitheada

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The default human state is to want to be ruled by genocidal shitheada

and im glad of it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zegermans posted:

what even is the examiner anyway, the times is the moonie paper

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

loquacius posted:

Is that Adrien Brody?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDXyaoL11UA

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
loving god drat lol the nyt is absolute fuckin shite

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/903259135193571328

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
suxk zone: three cheers for cultural appropriation

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ex post facho posted:

quote:

Consider the simple act of eating a meal in an era of cultural purity. This weekend I had dinner in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, cooked by a Palestinian who was raised in Israel where her brother served in Parliament. Yet her restaurant is billed as Lebanese. And she accents her traditional dishes with herbs — cilantro, basil — that would never be found on a plate in the Levant. But if proponents of cultural purity had their way, I’d have spent the evening cordoned on the Upper West Side watching “Yentl” and eating gefilte fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn4jIlFwuLU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what even is the examiner anyway, the times is the moonie paper

it's the right wing alternative to the moonie times.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

ex post facho posted:

Jesus Christ. I thought they just got rid of their copy editors, instead they outsourced the whole opinion pages to Breitbart.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

comedyblissoption posted:

just a reminder that obama campaigned on at least a public option, but when it came time for major healthcare legislation, obama literally went to kucinich's district and campaigned against the public option

Didn't he also browbeat Kucinich aboard Air Force One?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's important that the readers of the NYT get exposed to a broad range of opinion, even the most toxic and reactionary ones.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Inteecept response is good

https://theintercept.com/2017/08/31/nyts-newest-op-ed-hire-bari-weiss-embodies-its-worst-failings-and-its-lack-of-viewpoint-diversity/

quote:

In her short tenure, Weiss (pictured, right) has given the paper exactly what it apparently wanted when it hired her. She has churned out a series of trite, shallow, cheap attacks on already-marginalized left-wing targets that have made her a heroine in the insular neocon and right-wing intelligentsia precincts in which she, Stephens, and so many other NYT op-ed writers reside.

Exactly as she was doing a decade ago as a “pro-Israel” activist at Columbia and thereafter at various neocon media perches, her formula is as simple as it is predictable: She channels whatever prevailing right-wing grievance exists about colleges, Arabs or Israel critics (ideally, all of those) into a column that’s supposed to be “provocative” because it maligns minority activists or fringe positions that are rarely given platforms on the New York Times op-ed page.

She was first cheered for using this highly valuable journalistic real estate to attack organizers of the Chicago Dyke March for excluding flags that contained the Star of David on the grounds of similarity to the Israeli flag, followed by a crude guilt-by-association attack on the minority women who organized the Woman’s March based on their praise of various Muslims we’re all expected to hate, and then yesterday mocked campus critics of “cultural appropriation,” taking time — in advance — to celebrate her own courage and martyrdom by including this line: “I will inevitably get called a racist for cheering cultural miscegenation.” (Weiss loves to declare her own brave martyrdom in advance of reactions to what she writes; “I’ll be accused of siding with the alt-right or tarred as Islamophobic,” she proclaimed in her column attacking the Women’s March organizers, concluding: “If that puts me beyond the pale of the progressive feminist movement in America right now, so be it”).

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
wasn't nyt one of those papers people were subbing to back in january because they did a big anti trump thing lol

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Lessail posted:

wasn't nyt one of those papers people were subbing to back in january because they did a big anti trump thing lol

Much like CBS' amazing viewing figures wrt Megyn Kelly, if you scoop up the "moderate" racists you'll pull in both sides!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lessail posted:

welcome to #theresistance

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
god january was so long ago

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Lessail posted:

trump kept calling them "the failing new york times" and liberals decided they had to prove him wrong with a $800 per year subscription

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i hope trump calls blue apron or whatever that stupid meal ingrediants mailed to you service was a pile of poo poo next

maybe these fuckers will finally care about single payer once they spite spend themselves into bankruptcy

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ex post facho posted:

suxk zone: three cheers for cultural appropriation

It's pretty great.

Lessail posted:

Liberals are morally shallow and myopic.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

they gave op-ed space to Jamie loving Kirchik to slander Chelsea Manning

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i think it's time to finally cancel my nyt subscription, this week's pushed me over the edge

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

they gave op-ed space to Jamie loving Kirchik to slander Chelsea Manning

their lib subscriber base is actually probably pretty fine with this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trump is gonna open up a chain of drumpf hotels then post on twitter about the failing drumpf hotels and make five billion dollars from liberals staying there to spite him

• Locked thread