Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

At least they don't need batteries or to be recharged. Wireless headphones are such a pain in the rear end.

You're using them wrong :downsrim:

Anyway I (would) only use earphones on the bus going to work and coming from work, which means they would always be at full charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am a psycho so I insist on wired stuff because I don't like the idea of someone being able to steal the information I send through the air :tinfoil:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

What if I told you you could amplify soundwaves :tinfoil:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I love my wireless headset but I can turn it into a wired headset when it needs to charge and it uses a proprietary wireless dongle so ???

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

strangehamster posted:

Has anyone found some good-enough earbuds for $5-10?

Not from AliExpress but I have these Sony earbuds. I paid :10bux: for them maybe 2 years ago. I use them everyday at work for 8 hours a day and they work fine. They are comfortable, sound good, don't bleed sound unless you turn the volume way up and are generally the least-bad pair of headphones I've ever owned. I spent years using expensive brands like Klipsch and Sennheiser and the products always fell apart just from using them at my desk while these cheap Sonys soldier on, indestructible.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
http://s.aliexpress.com/y6RviqMf

Got these for $1.85 back in March, they've been fine so far.

http://s.aliexpress.com/IbIRZzyq

These were $14 when I bought them, I got the safety orange color and wear them when I'm mowing the lawn. No problems so far (I believe they're a Sony knockoff).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Im going to buy 500 stickers and make my girlfriend very mad, somehow.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I just got this magnet on a stick. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Por...2311.0.0.1eSr8X

Seems pretty good so far. When fully extended it is strong enough to lift my nail clippers (the only metal thing I had at my desk) from the floor to the desk. Seems like it will be real handy the next time I'm trying to put up a shelf or something and keep dropping screws behind the furniture.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Craft a reverse tampon, she'll never see it coming

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Squish posted:

I got a Blue laser pointer

Surprisingly:
It works
It's actually blue
It was $3.

They also have Green and 3 packs (red, greed and blue)

Just a warning for anyone buying these and others from China: they are listed as 5 mW but all the ones I've tested have been way over that. The green one we got from a 3 pack was > 80 mW. They will gently caress up your eyesight and others really fast.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

So the purpose is to blind roundeyes?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Just a warning for anyone buying these and others from China: they are listed as 5 mW but all the ones I've tested have been way over that. The green one we got from a 3 pack was > 80 mW. They will gently caress up your eyesight and others really fast.

An extra warning for Australians - you'll get a mean letter from customs if you try to bring in anything >1mW

Edit. Not saying they catch them all but they certainly got mine years ago and I was out like $30

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Minnesota Mixup posted:

How are you testing them and is it something that can be done at home?

I bought a 3 pack when there was mutterings that they might be outlawed in the UK, but I'd hate to blind anyone watching one of my presentations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

spog posted:

Just look into the laser with your least favorite eye

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mar...sAbTest=ae803_3

Just got my grow tent. Because Mars Hydro warehouses in Canada, I paid for the order last Monday and got it yesterday. I suggest looking for sellers who have multiple warehouses since I generally get everything in a week at most.

As for the tent everything is pretty solid and the whole package had good weight to it. The cover looks okay so far but I have to wait a bit before I can properly assemble it. Then I'll hook the light up and give it a whirl.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You must be seriously into heirloom tomatoes.:eyepop:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Facebook Aunt posted:

At least they don't need batteries or to be recharged.

This is why I hate wireless poo poo and try to avoid it when possible. I only have a wireless mouse for when I switch my PC over to my television so I can pick the next video on my media player to watch. Everything else is wired.

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
Seconding the earlier post on not buying lasers from Ali. My green laser was too bright to safely use for any household / business purpose.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Use them for star wars battle reenactments

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

You must be seriously into heirloom tomatoes.:eyepop:

You joke but this is the reason I got into indoor growing. It's a hobby not an economical way to grow produce. Oh and normal grocery tomatoes are crap.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I know, I was only half joking.

I still got some good sunny months to get started on tomatoes, can I just move the planters indoors and add a growlight, or is it not worth it for the 2-3 months of cool weather I get a year?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

spog posted:

I bought a 3 pack when there was mutterings that they might be outlawed in the UK, but I'd hate to blind anyone watching one of my presentations.

This was done in the lab I worked in using a laser power meter. Decent ones are pretty expensive (hundreds to thousands of dollars). Not sure about cheaper options sorry.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

300 bucks on ali!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Duck and Cover posted:

You joke but this is the reason I got into indoor growing. It's a hobby not an economical way to grow produce. Oh and normal grocery tomatoes are crap.

Same, I grow herbs all year. Herbs, not "herb".

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
EFB! :argh:

Looks like they're about that price from China.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VLP-2000-laser-power-meter-for-0-2W-CW-lasers-with-stand-and-digital-screen-monitor/32668343988.html

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Minnesota Mixup posted:

This was done in the lab I worked in using a laser power meter. Decent ones are pretty expensive (hundreds to thousands of dollars). Not sure about cheaper options sorry.

Oh well, guess I better see which one of my cats goes blind.

(I don't have any cats)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Buy some mice and experiment, it's science!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Re: That charcoal face peel, I ordered this and was very happy with it. Most of the horror stories are from people who tried to DIY it by mixing charcoal and glue and got it stuck on their face, this stuff is very gentle and practically falls off on its own.

Also I ordered this flip clock and it's great. At Techmoan's advice I avoided the one that counts seconds since the second and minute mechanism don't sync up but it's a very fun novelty and whisper-quiet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ0HIcR6PtQ

Inzombiac posted:

Those stickers are what got all my friends and family interested in AE. The ones that were too NSFW to use on my car I gave out at a party and everyone got a huge kick out of the six-titted cartoon cats and Batman making out with Superman.

Facebook Aunt posted:

I just got this magnet on a stick. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Por...2311.0.0.1eSr8X

Seems pretty good so far. When fully extended it is strong enough to lift my nail clippers (the only metal thing I had at my desk) from the floor to the desk. Seems like it will be real handy the next time I'm trying to put up a shelf or something and keep dropping screws behind the furniture.

I got the same thing and it's strong enough to lift up a screwdriver or a pair of nail clippers which is super useful. Harbor Freight sells a larger, more heavy-duty one but I'm too lazy to find the AE equivalent. I also got one of their grabbing tools for free from one of their weekly flyers and it's super useful.

King Vidiot posted:

This is why I hate wireless poo poo and try to avoid it when possible. I only have a wireless mouse for when I switch my PC over to my television so I can pick the next video on my media player to watch. Everything else is wired.

I use a wireless Logitech gaming headset and I picked it out almost entirely because you can still use it while it's charging and it uses a basic MicroUSB port. The only downside is that it uses a proprietary USB dongle instead of Bluetooth but the connection is almost flawless so I can't complain.

Pick posted:

Same, I grow herbs all year. Herbs, not "herb".

I ordered some seeds from Ali and they seem OK. None of the bamboo seeds took but that's understandable since it's notoriously difficult to grow from seed, my okra and vietnamese mint and catnip are all going strong.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh yeah, my tomatoes and cucumbers went gangbusters. They're great.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

Re: That charcoal face peel, I ordered this and was very happy with it. Most of the horror stories are from people who tried to DIY it by mixing charcoal and glue and got it stuck on their face, this stuff is very gentle and practically falls off on its own.

Also I ordered this flip clock and it's great. At Techmoan's advice I avoided the one that counts seconds since the second and minute mechanism don't sync up but it's a very fun novelty and whisper-quiet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ0HIcR6PtQ

Flip clocks are cool but I maintain the majority of designs you see everywhere (there's like 2 , that's one of them) are ugly. If your willing to spend more get yourself a vintage one, there are some really rad looking ones. I got a Sunbeam one in green (as well as a modern Twemco quartz one but I don't like it as much).

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 2, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
aliexpress gave me a tomato thicket for like 44 cents

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
lmao

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

vaporwave as gently caress

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Fuuuuck might have to buy

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I like the concept but it would be better if it was a design that covered the entire shirt like this guy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lol

also

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 2, 2017

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

whoah...

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Bought this flashlight a couple weeks ago and it finally came in yesterday -
http://s.aliexpress.com/MFFNBfQZ

I didn't read close enough and didn't realize batteries weren't included. It uses a rechargeable lithium 18650 battery. It's really loving bright. I'm like 25 ft away from these bushes and you can see how bright it lights them up.

You can select the color emitted by the flashlight. I probably should have gone with the white but this color is fine and works. I really just needed something bright.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Guy Mann posted:

Re: That charcoal face peel, I ordered this and was very happy with it.

"Instructions for use:
Cleansing products clean nose and around with a hot towel over his T-zone so that the pores expansion onto Blackhead export water for 3-5 minutes, then wipe clean, then take appropriate suction the Blackhead Mask smear at the blackheads skin until dry after 10-15 minutes, top-down mortgage in addition to the mask, clean the nose and surrounding clean with water, after dried, smear PILATEN pore essence. "

Instructions unclear, to say the least. Fortunately it's fairly obvious how to use the product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I'm the appropriate suction