Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

skylined! posted:

shobdob is a pro ignore

i try to not ignore people but i gotta admit some folks make that hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

radical centrism

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Shbobdb posted:

I'm more conspiratorially minded, but I still think dude is HIV+. Even if you are rich and have the CCR5 mutation(s) that make the disease progress more slowly you've still got to be on point about hygiene. Your average McDonald's may be super dirty. But the microwaved burgers they serve? Super clean.

Did you teleport here from 1992? Do you have any other really super dumb ideas how hiv works? And/or how hygiene works.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I'm in San Diego, it's 95 today and 101 tomorrow. We do get heat waves here.

https://twitter.com/Weather_West/status/903316640103776256

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Here's some :tinfoil: for the day

https://narativ.org/2017/08/31/mike-pence-dark-shadows/

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

It's snowing in parts of Maine right now in august if you want some more end times weather

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It's snowing in parts of Maine right now in august if you want some more end times weather

No it's not wtf

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

theflyingorc posted:

i try to not ignore people but i gotta admit some folks make that hard

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

SocketWrench posted:

hahaha, oh you sweet summer child

It's not like I put a shitload of thought into this. What are the downsides though seriously? Lots of fresh drinking water from Lake Michigan and we don't get hurricanes. I could use some hope for my daughters future.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
why are you dense fuckers not planning a goon migration. if every american goon with family to protect threw in a thousand bucks the forum could easily afford a few hundred acres of land in alaska or somewhere. you still have a few years left to figure out how to get a subsistence living off that, it shouldn't be that hard, heaps of goons know how to hunt - and then you all move there when poo poo hits the fan and that will be your new home. you absolute morons. you ship of fools

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Why is Malachi Z. York patting Ben Carson on the back?

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

the old ceremony posted:

if every american goon with family to protect threw in a thousand bucks the forum could easily afford a few hundred acres of land in alaska or somewhere.
What's the broadband situation like out there?
I mean, survival is a high priority for me, but not the top priority.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

the old ceremony posted:

why are you dense fuckers not planning a goon migration. if every american goon with family to protect threw in a thousand bucks the forum could easily afford a few hundred acres of land in alaska or somewhere. you still have a few years left to figure out how to get a subsistence living off that, it shouldn't be that hard, heaps of goons know how to hunt - and then you all move there when poo poo hits the fan and that will be your new home. you absolute morons. you ship of fools

lol if you don't think i want to die

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
It's supposed to be an island not some goddamn pasture.

:colbert:

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

the old ceremony posted:

certain death > surrounded by goonie goon goon goons

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Oxxidation posted:

lol if you don't think i want to die
once i wanted to die but i was saved by goats

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

"You haven't read the Bible until you've read it in the original Klingon!"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Alaska is a pretty pro choice to move to if you want your grand children to not suffer from global warming. It will maintain normal range temperatures till 2080 with minimal coastal loss from what I understand.

Not a bad idea.

If Alaska legalizes weed then you can just be a weed farmer and raise cows, and chickens and poo poo

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/903259135193571328

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

God the NYT has had the week from Hell in awful op-eds

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

the old ceremony posted:

Because then I'd be surrounded by all you crazy fuckholes

If I wanted to meet goons in real life I'd just hang out at the Burger King drive through

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I'm at a Giants game and don't even need a coat wtf

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FlamingLiberal posted:

God the NYT has had the week from Hell in awful op-eds

This one is pretty impressively bad.

Equating hot takes about lazy stunt pieces at the VMAs to MLK speaking English when he talked about the Israelites.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Has the NYT's Opinion editor been sniffing glue? Or are they in some weird competition with the WaPo to see who can feign alarm over silly bullshit?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's 2017 and there is a NYT Opinion piece saying that 'the left' is as bad as Neo Nazis because 'like White Nationalists the left is forcing people to stay in their racial and ethnic lanes'. Jesus loving Christ.

Funkysock
Aug 8, 2011

Clapping Larry

Hollismason posted:

If Alaska legalizes weed then you can just be a weed farmer and raise cows, and chickens and poo poo

What do you mean "if"? We did that 2 years ago. :420:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's 2017 and there is a NYT Opinion piece saying that 'the left' is as bad as Neo Nazis because 'like White Nationalists the left is forcing people to stay in their racial and ethnic lanes'. Jesus loving Christ.

Thinkpieces are a cancer.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Thinkpieces are a cancer.
I would say it's more of a cancer of the 'both sides' crap that certain people just have to push

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I was hoping 2017 would kill the hot take but it just moved to mainstream oped pages

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Lightning Lord posted:

I was hoping 2017 would kill the hot take but it just moved to mainstream oped pages
It's worse than ever considering we elected the Hot Take President

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the old ceremony posted:

This sounds like the worse cult ever. That cool aide sounds good if I was there.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

White people never cease to amaze me. There is a big difference between a cultural exchange and appropriation.

Culture vultures should be stopped. They never look as good as they think anyway lol.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

the old ceremony posted:

I personally can't wait to add to the long, storied list of successful goon projects.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmpqnxpYUqA

In which Trevor Noah engages in roughly seven minutes of 'but antifa and violence and property damage'. It's a predictable response and every liberal seems dead set on making it the new reason for their existence, but you have to wonder where you went wrong to deploy this spew as a survivor of South African apartheid. He's been garbage for a while, but this is absolutely noxious.

edited for syntactical fuckery

ded redd fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 1, 2017

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Koalas March posted:

White people never cease to amaze me. There is a big difference between a cultural exchange and appropriation.
The whole thing is disgusting. She's seriously equating making people aware of cultural appropriation and White Nationalism.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Did you teleport here from 1992? Do you have any other really super dumb ideas how hiv works? And/or how hygiene works.

CCR5-Δ32 hetero- and homozygosity are a thing and they are real.

Pre-HAART "don't expose yourself to vectors of infection" was the best way to extend your life.

Trump doesn't look like he's taking HAART or any other antiretrovirals.

So, if he is HIV+, then it follows that avoidance and genetic legacy are his best bet. This could also help explain why he's a late bloomer when it comes to white pride.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Yakub acquired the nickname "big head", because of his unusually large head and his arrogance.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Koalas March posted:

Culture vultures should be stopped. They never look as good as they think anyway lol.

I mean, I'd say you're wrong, but the more I type the less I can eat this sushi burrito.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

yeah... how exactly could trump, a reptilian, get HUMAN immunodeficiency virus exactly???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Office Pig posted:

In which Trevor Noah engages in roughly seven minutes of 'but antifa and violence and property damage'. It's a predictable response and every liberal seems dead set on dead set on making it the new reason for their existence, but you have to wonder where you went wrong to deploy this spew as a survivor of South African apartheid. He's been garbage for a while, but this is absolutely noxious.

This is disgusting.

The clip, not you, Office Pig, in case that wasn't clear.

• Locked thread