Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Not familiar with this Glass Reflections' guy, but if he's Digibro's complete opposite, I'm betting he posted an hour-long video about how much Sword Art Online rules, and that sounds about as enticing as a chipotle enema.
id rather watch an hour long video on why sword art online rules than an hour long video on how much sword art online sucks

passion and enthusiasm are inherently more interesting than lazy cynicism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
^Agreed 100%

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Wark Say posted:

Look at this lazy-butt. :toughguy:

Canipa Effect for animation, Super Eyepatch Wolf for the more personal stuff (though he does include information on things about the industry). Mother's Basement is good for his OP / ED analysis. Gigguk for the more joke-y stuff. Digibro is kind of weird. I personally find him to be an unlikeable fucknugget, even if some of his earlier stuff (like the videos he's done from Gurren Lagann and the one from Kill la Kill) was okay-ish.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Endorph posted:

id rather watch an hour long video on why sword art online rules than an hour long video on how much sword art online sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAFzen4F7VM

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

theres nothing duller than endless positivity

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

endless negativity with no basis in actual criticism

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think saying stupid poo poo that gives his entire fanbase the idea an entire studio or specific staff are automatically untalented and ruining the industry is interesting

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

Agreed on the passion and enthusiasm. I'd rather not watch more stuff relating to Sword Art Online, though!

You're welcome :)

I absolutely love how Aoi Yuuki often does goofy stuff with her voice. :3:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Davincie posted:

literally the most false thing you coulda said

i'll take someone talking about a piece of media they truly and deeply love and care about for an hour than listen to someone talk about how much a piece of media is bad for ten minutes every day until i die

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Why would you watch a half hour video about anime when you could just watch anime instead.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

an actual dog posted:

Why would you watch a half hour video about anime when you could just watch anime instead.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

You could finish an entire season of teekyu in that time.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Youtube's discovery algorithm treats dislikes the same as likes and the advertising revenue share favors longer videos, which makes sense for building a collection of tedious videos that everyone hates.

an actual dog fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 1, 2017

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Hell, with an hour you could probably finish two and have time for wakako-zake.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Davincie posted:

that certainly won't be a concern on the internet anytime in the foreseeable future

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
canipa does cool staff highlights and looks at how the industry works instead of just making a video on why [popular show] is [the best/the worst] thing ever made so those are pretty worth watching if you have interest

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

i don't think saying stupid poo poo that gives his entire fanbase the idea an entire studio or specific staff are automatically untalented and ruining the industry is interesting
Oh come on, did he do a video making GBS threads on A-1 pictures or Tomohiko Ito? Because that's loving idiotic.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Oh come on, did he do a video making GBS threads on A-1 pictures or Tomohiko Ito? Because that's loving idiotic.

digibro did end up sending his stupid fans on a hate spree against A-1, yes. same for Asterisk War and more recently SAO (why only recently, i dunno)

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Endorph posted:

I dunno man, I'd rather watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

Than someone gushing over episode 1 for an hour.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i'd rather have aids

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
^^^^ Turn on your monitor ^^^^

dogsicle posted:

digibro did end up sending his stupid fans on a hate spree against A-1, yes. same for Asterisk War and more recently SAO (why only recently, i dunno)
My mom has a punishment she mostly performs when someone's being dumb she based around her love of NCIS that she calls "Gibbseando", only instead of smacking people upside the head, my mom smacks them in the back of the neck. Digibro probably deserves getting one of those once per hour or something.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I don't like this topic because it reminded me that Asterisk War got a second season.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nalin posted:

I don't like this topic because it reminded me that Asterisk War got a second season.

oh no, a mediocre LN anime got a second season

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Man, stuff always gets off-path once we start mentioning silly youtubers and the dumb stuff they talk about.

Wasn't there a show that was like Magical Girls / Super Heroes but that they were kinda managed like idols? Like a weird mix of Locodol and Tiger & Bunny?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Man, stuff always gets off-path once we start mentioning silly youtubers and the dumb stuff they talk about.

Wasn't there a show that was like Magical Girls / Super Heroes but that they were kinda managed like idols? Like a weird mix of Locodol and Tiger & Bunny?

Cheer Fruits, I think.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The animation leaves a lot to be desired but the story so far and the character interactions have been very cute.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

cheer fruits is like locodol bit with sentai stage shows, yeah

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The animation leaves a lot to be desired but the story so far and the character interactions have been very cute.

dogsicle posted:

cheer fruits is like locodol bit with sentai stage shows, yeah
That sounds rad! I might check it out.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

an actual dog posted:

Because modern anime is a multi-media experience. It's fun to hear what others have to say. It's fun to watch fan-made music videos, or see the neat artwork, or laugh at the video memes.

And we all get to choose to enjoy the extra content or not.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

Your posts

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Crunchy roll sub worth it for the EU?
are most content in the us blocked off for EU, like Netflix?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Sefal posted:

Crunchy roll sub worth it for the EU?
are most content in the us blocked off for EU, like Netflix?

Depends on country, really. I think it's worth it for Denmark. I think France and Germany have some other large streaming providers that take some licenses over CR, so they may actually have less.
If you browse the site while logged out you will still only see the contents available to you, same for the Lineup page of simulcasts for the current season, so just check it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I generally get my £40 a years worth. Biggest problem is CR getting less stuff in general with Netflix and Amazon trying to muscle in.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

nielsm posted:

Depends on country, really. I think it's worth it for Denmark. I think France and Germany have some other large streaming providers that take some licenses over CR, so they may actually have less.
If you browse the site while logged out you will still only see the contents available to you, same for the Lineup page of simulcasts for the current season, so just check it?

Aight. I'll take a look.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Davincie posted:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
First PV of the Citrus anime has been released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9XAwlP5V8

Studio: Passione (Hinako Note)
Director: Takahashi Takeo (Hinako Note)
Series Composition: Hayashi Naoki (Flip Flappers)
Character Design/Animation Direction: Ishuuin Izuro

First anime series I'm looking forward since Valkyrie Drive, two years ago.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I haven't gotten around to reading it, I can't remember if Citrus is supposed to be Good Yuri or Bad Yuri

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

StandardVC10 posted:

I haven't gotten around to reading it, I can't remember if Citrus is supposed to be Good Yuri or Bad Yuri

Closer to the latter than the former.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

StandardVC10 posted:

it's incredibly mediocre with some really weird bits

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

StandardVC10 posted:

In a lot of senses is pretty much a soap opera and that didn't sit well with a lot of people but the general consensus is that the series improved significantly on later chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

StandardVC10 posted:

As I understand it, the lead couple involves Girl A abusing and emotionally manipulating GIrl B, so Bad Yuri.

• Locked thread