Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's not on PC yet, but I have a feeling the PC version is just lagging behind or something. It would be insane of them to not give this to PC players, there's nothing else for long-term players to do

Don't know why the Omega Prestige cap is 70, though

should have stopped at 69, brah

edit for new page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5LQfV8VQ3Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
X up for Red Muscle Heiny must be Omega level 20+ or kick

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lmao that you will now have to shovel splinters into in-game Asros in order to have "content".

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

So full omega prestige is only ~125x the normal 0-60 XP? How long would that take on console, it doesn't seem that high!?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

quote:

Rank 4: ... Attach Speed ...

Redheaded will tell you no one has a faster attach speed than me.

If PC's omega prestige is like that, I might play again.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i mostly like omega prestige and it is neat and i will probably actually play spider-man a ton now

but lol 10 defense and dodge per prestige rank HOW ARE THEY SO BAD AT NUMBERS

it could be 10% and not really be overpowered

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
unlocking omega prestige for a character costs as much as unlocking a new character

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Which is prefectly fine for Davebo once Wolverine's hits.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Honestly the only characters I'd ever want to play anymore are Spidey and Squirrel Girl, so it's not like I need the splinters for anything else

Unless they start adding Runaways or make Doc Ock playable I ain't interested

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

They said it is coming to PC, just later with the "Omega" patch, which I guess is when they will update some of the content to match the new name.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Still no random hero boxes on console?

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

cams posted:

i mostly like omega prestige and it is neat and i will probably actually play spider-man a ton now

but lol 10 defense and dodge per prestige rank HOW ARE THEY SO BAD AT NUMBERS

it could be 10% and not really be overpowered

This guy knows what's up. Agree wholeheartedly.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Here's hoping they just move over wholesale to the Console prestige system, eliminate colours, eliminate cosmic and install the costume closet.

vuorikissa
May 1, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

lmao that you will now have to shovel splinters into in-game Asros in order to have "content".

For some reason I'm curious what in-game Asros looks like. Any console player have a pic?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Open Marriage Night posted:

Still no random hero boxes on console?

They said that Random Hero Boxes were a mistake, so they'll never show up on console, until whoever's against them being on console leaves, and someone else takes over.

vuorikissa posted:

For some reason I'm curious what in-game Asros looks like. Any console player have a pic?

They just use a Generic S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent for him.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
So each time you Omeggel you can redo the story? Cause that might actually make it easier than cosmicing.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

I'm not opposed to the idea of doing story 70 times

Except for the fact I already did it 400 times before across all characters

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Lux Aeterna posted:

I'm not opposed to the idea of doing story 70 times

Except for the fact I already did it 400 times before across all characters

It's not even 25% more

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i am probably the only weirdo who has played on ps4 enough that he should be able to answer this, but i have had a very difficult time understanding the prestige/omega prestige system on consoles.

does anyone know or can link me to something that explains how experience required to level increases through prestiges/omega prestige? i keep finding different pages that seem to say different things.

it LOOKS like omega prestige functions through a "scalling" manner, where 1-9 is standard rate, 10-19 is 20% more, 20-29 is 30% more, something like that, but even that isn't clearly spelled out.

gaz is not as bad as the hyperbole implies, but they do not understand their own numbers and are incapable of explaining things properly.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

As far as I can tell when Asros says "level" here he means the Omega Rank

MMAgCh posted:

And because in this brave new world some fairly important information is relegated to third-party web sites:

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/902654726377955330
So it's:
1-9 : x1
10-19: x1.25
20-29: x1.5
30-39: x1.75
40-49: x2
50-59: x2.25
60-69: x2.5
70: x2.75

As you say, they're bad at math, so it's hard to tell if that's actually 25% more XP required to level, or a compounding cosmic where it's actually 25 times xp required to level because of the way the question he's responding to is asked. The reality is nobody will actually know until it's in game and someone posts the first forum post of "holy poo poo do not omega"

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I cannot process the warped mind that thinks leveling a character to max, seventy times is anything any player would endeavor to do. The sad part is that there are people who'll actually do it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ghostpilot posted:

I cannot process the warped mind that thinks leveling a character to max, seventy times is anything any player would endeavor to do. The sad part is that there are people who'll actually do it.

once they add it for squirrel girl ill probably do it

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm not a complete idiot, but 700 defense is 700 defense.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ghostpilot posted:

Have you met davebo, the guy who has Cosmic'd Wolverine at least 3 times?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ghostpilot posted:

i doubt i'd ever get to 70 on a character, but i am probably gonna go omega spidey and just play him as my "main" while unlocking characters and leveling them to 60. i don't play a ton but i play semi regularly enough and leveling is so fast, even unboosted, that i'll probably get to omega 10 relatively quick.

but yeah davebo better omega 70 wolverine

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I have like 15 cosmics or something, and each cosmic is essentially 31 times a piece.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Pretty sure Asros posted somewhere on the forums that he misspoke when he said 25% and meant to say 20% in that tweet.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

leveling characters is a lot more fun than grinding for endgame loot, also. theres a lot more viable stuff to do than just running the same thing over and over. its not new content but it feels less stale.

doing it 70 times is a little nuts but its an ok long-term goal

the biggest problem is they're doing it for like one hero at a time and there's a chance with stuff like this (especially for gaz) that they'll get like 5 characters deep into implementing this and give up on the concept and never do the whole roster

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah, you all know I love leveling, but this game made it fun with the absurdity that was leveling fast, getting into a good routine and developing your system. It pains me to see Omega get released now when there were plenty of guys and gal who wanted this.

It's crazy to see their stance change on the prestiging earns you rewards stuff. I remember them being very adamant that they would never reward for prestiging. Now with omega, I guess that changed. Boy, I would have loved it when all of us were super active. Nameis, I bet you would have went cosmic!!!

Shameless shill: we got about 45 marvel goons in our Density 2 PC Clan. If you plan on playing at all or even in the future, you can join. Me, Greywords and Skrybbles are handling recruitment right now to get to 100 before game launches. As always, I would love to play with you all:

Share Clan
https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2073935

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

700 defense is goofy but 140 main stat points is the equivalent of grinding out 3500 omega points

How in the gently caress is this even close to balanced

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's no competitive content.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

There's no content.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

how in the absolute hell can you defend gazillion's money plan on this??? OMFG

your loyalty to defend gaz's completely unethical money making business plan despite having gaz's "fist of doom" rammed up your rectum is impressive...almost as if you arent just some PC transfer fanboy and have a vested interest in hugging gaz's nuts.

you speak like a total PC cuck, who, like gaz, has a total disconnect with console gamers...and as such, you should probably shut your cake hole when defending gaz's "fair" money grabbing tactics, especially at this crucial exposing juncture...youve exposed your bias, and you are on the losing side, no matter how many paid sheil "awesomes" you get on your dog vomit post.......if theres anyone i hate more than an abusive thief that manipulates through poorly executed occult practices, its some brainless cuck that will nut hug that abuser for personal gain in an attempt to defend and enable the abuser to continue on the path of abuse...meawhile i payed real cash and wasted real time as a consequence, and having suckass morons like you defend gaz in an attempt to enable EVERYONE to be taken advantage of....you care about yourself, and your opinions are bias, and you are disrespecting a butt ton of people that gazillion has straight up ripped off. if you werent out for gaz, you wouldnt even mention the "money" plan, what the hell is it of interest for you to bring up and defend in this issue? monetized fairly? based on what? other games? other games without spelling errors and items from the PC version that cant be used that drop on PS4? you must be talking about one of those games that was completed before release wasnt slapped together by an incompetent company. there is no other reason for you to, other than to suckass to gaz and make it look as if you are vying for them to continue to scam people...scumbag...to even bring up "fair money". F you dude, personally, F you for everyone who has invested one red cent in this games sake, and F every other scumbag on this forum spewing the same sellout nonsense. cuck idiot.

im gonna have to get banned, im having a hard time refraining from responding to narrow minded, self satisfying morons telling people that they should be fine with being completely scammed of their money and time....this game and company has absolutely been exposed for the massive turd that it is, anyone still on the gaz bandwagon at this point should be labeled naive, or ousted and mocked as "plants" for gaz, chiming in, in order to keep you herd of sheep grazing quietly on the same mundane BS, and being told that whatever knew overpriced complete ripoff content out is such a "great deal!" and should be purchased, and that you like it.

F2P = FORCED 2 PAY

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Kelp Plankton posted:

the biggest problem is they're doing it for like one hero at a time and there's a chance with stuff like this (especially for gaz) that they'll get like 5 characters deep into implementing this and give up on the concept and never do the whole roster

Asros posted:

We dont plan to only release one at a time. This is the first and we plan to ramp up releases going forward. The next set(yes i said set) will be a larger group. There may be times we only have one at a time, but others where we feel like it makes sense to release a few at once.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sounds like this is the new 52 review/character rework type of thing where anyone with a movie or show or big comic thing coming up gets some updates.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

cams posted:

your loyalty to defend gaz's completely unethical money making business plan despite having gaz's "fist of doom" rammed up your rectum is impressive...almost as if you arent just some PC transfer fanboy and have a vested interest in hugging gaz's nuts.

you speak like a total PC cuck, who, like gaz, has a total disconnect with console gamers...and as such, you should probably shut your cake hole when defending gaz's "fair" money grabbing tactics, especially at this crucial exposing juncture...youve exposed your bias, and you are on the losing side, no matter how many paid sheil "awesomes" you get on your dog vomit post.......if theres anyone i hate more than an abusive thief that manipulates through poorly executed occult practices, its some brainless cuck that will nut hug that abuser for personal gain in an attempt to defend and enable the abuser to continue on the path of abuse...meawhile i payed real cash and wasted real time as a consequence, and having suckass morons like you defend gaz in an attempt to enable EVERYONE to be taken advantage of....you care about yourself, and your opinions are bias, and you are disrespecting a butt ton of people that gazillion has straight up ripped off. if you werent out for gaz, you wouldnt even mention the "money" plan, what the hell is it of interest for you to bring up and defend in this issue? monetized fairly? based on what? other games? other games without spelling errors and items from the PC version that cant be used that drop on PS4? you must be talking about one of those games that was completed before release wasnt slapped together by an incompetent company. there is no other reason for you to, other than to suckass to gaz and make it look as if you are vying for them to continue to scam people...scumbag...to even bring up "fair money". F you dude, personally, F you for everyone who has invested one red cent in this games sake, and F every other scumbag on this forum spewing the same sellout nonsense. cuck idiot.

im gonna have to get banned, im having a hard time refraining from responding to narrow minded, self satisfying morons telling people that they should be fine with being completely scammed of their money and time....this game and company has absolutely been exposed for the massive turd that it is, anyone still on the gaz bandwagon at this point should be labeled naive, or ousted and mocked as "plants" for gaz, chiming in, in order to keep you herd of sheep grazing quietly on the same mundane BS, and being told that whatever knew overpriced complete ripoff content out is such a "great deal!" and should be purchased, and that you like it.

F2P = FORCED 2 PAY

source your quotes you scumbag nut-hugging cuck

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So bump my guess of "5 and then give up" to "15 and then give up" I guess? I'm just not confident that they're going to see enough player interest in this to keep doing the whole roster

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cams posted:

F2P = FORCED 2 PAY

same

all of this

same

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
is it time to log in yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rufio posted:

is it time to log in yet?

we never logged out