Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Lol someone in the chat asked if Japanese people understood that motion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Amiibo of King Knight, Spector Knight and Plague Knight :swoon:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Macaluso posted:

welp, time to buy more ammiboes

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is that weird ffxv game for mobile going to switch? Still confused about that

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Macaluso posted:

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/903480243607834624

Now I'm really hoping for a Travis amiibo.

The only thing it will unlock in TSA is a an in-game Travis amiibo statuette to decorate your trailer with.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
If you're not using this sketchy mayflash dongle to pair wiiu/ps3/ps4/360/bone/bluetooth controllers with your switch seamlessly then you're missing out. It's even showing an accurate battery readout on my switch for the battery of my Wii U Pro controller. Goddamn.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Louisgod posted:

Sooo I went to ShopKo with a friend as he needed to fill up a prescription and checked the electronics section for a Switch as a co-worker was looking for one. They had a tag so I brought it to cashier and during the checkout process it knocked the price by 20% down to $240.

Didn't question it and looked at the receipt afterward and saw they have the Switch marked as a clearance item so it automatically took 20% off. Anyway, worth checking ShopKo for Switches if you want a deal.
Switch is on clearance, it's obviously dead. RIP Switch, Nintendo is doomed.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

Millions posted:

I just got the green/pink Joy-Con shells from Aliexpress, and they look like they're OEM. Am I going to be able to find the tri-wing screwdriver at a hardware store, or is it a specialty item?

Can you post the link to the ones you got, please?

tya

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

rogue wave posted:

As to the adapter for the controllers, does that one let you go in the reverse with using your Pro controller or Joycons with other systems (or does that work out the box already with bluetooth?) I know Joycons can be used even with the Wii and Wii-U. What about other consoles and PCs?

If it does require the adapter, is the lag showing up there too? Is there any calibration you have to do after working with the firmware update? Try calibration.

Nope, let me give another link to the Super Converter I have and have been talking about. It's pretty narrow and specific: the new Switch edition only works with Switch (unless you flash it with Wii U firmware to work with Wii U), and only takes inputs from PS3/PS4 controllers and fight sticks. And yeah, wired connection through the adapter is required at all times. There's no calibration option I've seen documented. I'd guess if it did something like that, it'd do it as part of the verification/pairing step, and I did have to re-verify etc after the firmware update.

I'm going to have to contact FocusAttack about their product page for this Switch super converter, there's some bad misinformation there.

Fruit Chewy posted:

If you're not using this sketchy mayflash dongle to pair wiiu/ps3/ps4/360/bone/bluetooth controllers with your switch seamlessly then you're missing out. It's even showing an accurate battery readout on my switch for the battery of my Wii U Pro controller. Goddamn.

I was looking at that Mayflash dongle as well and it does sound better. Only thing it doesn't do is the motion control conversion for PS4 controllers but the pros of "better compatibility," "wireless connectivity," and "usable" probably balance out! Good tip.

Manky fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 1, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
guys.

NEXT MONTH

MARIO ODYSSEY

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kurtofan posted:

guys.

NEXT MONTH

MARIO ODYSSEY

Yes-ey! :peanut:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
They got egoraptor to do a commercial of the new shovel Knight amiibos, parodying perfume commercials. Wasn't expecting that.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
He did the original shovel knight amiibo reveal

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sprite141 posted:

They got egoraptor to do a commercial of the new shovel Knight amiibos, parodying perfume commercials. Wasn't expecting that.

Looked like he's lost some weight too. He was getting up there. He looked about 30 pounds less than the YouTube red show he's currently in.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

guys.

NEXT MONTH

MARIO ODYSSEY

kinda two months

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

For those who missed it: Shovel Knight is the second game in Travis Strikes Again.

Not at all surprised that the indie game that appears in every other indie game is here but hey maybe it'll be fun.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

guys.

NEXT MONTH

MARIO ODYSSEY

But will it be as good as the best Mario game, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Looked like he's lost some weight too. He was getting up there. He looked about 30 pounds less than the YouTube red show he's currently in.

:chloe:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

By the way, the show isn't very good but Ego and Arin are both great in it. Arin cold be a legit tv star

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Sprite141 posted:

I get it was supposed to be a parody, but I didn't find it funny and it ended up being more awkward to watch than it should've been.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/903480243607834624

Now I'm really hoping for a Travis amiibo.

The only thing it will unlock in TSA is a an in-game Travis amiibo statuette to decorate your trailer with.

It should have support for all of the amiibo and all they do is unlock that amiibo for Travis' amiibo collection

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

welp, time to steal more ammiboes

:eyepop:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Policenaut posted:

For those who missed it: Shovel Knight is the second game in Travis Strikes Again.

Not at all surprised that the indie game that appears in every other indie game is here but hey maybe it'll be fun.

So is this an indie game bundle or No More Heroes gameplay with Kingdom Hearts style themed levels or are those both guesses. I don't know if there was an official gameplay reveal yet

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ventana posted:

I get it was supposed to be a parody, but I didn't find it funny and it ended up being more awkward to watch than it should've been.

I think that was the whole point. It was pretty inspired by a Tim & Eric sketch. :nws: :nms: :nws:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lakbay posted:

So is this an indie game bundle or No More Heroes gameplay with Kingdom Hearts style themed levels or are those both guesses. I don't know if there was an official gameplay reveal yet

I believe the idea is Travis and the other dude get trapped in the Death Drive 2 console and have to play through 6 levels based on other games to get out.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nintendo is calling it a 3D action game so I assume that it's a No More Heroes game with no open world component.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

tinkerballz posted:

Can you post the link to the ones you got, please?

tya

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?spm=a2g0s.9042647.6.2.Telo0k&orderId=85906659213718&productId=32826817867

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Seems to be a link to your order.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They're going to be pushing this game pretty hard I think

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/903609569838067714

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That Switch sweepstakes will be the only new inventory for the next three months

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Can we lick those?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Weird that they're doing Odyssey branding on cereal but Mario Kart branding on the SanDisk SD cards coming out next month

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

EVGA Longoria posted:

Seems to be a link to your order.

Oops, try this one:
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/328...sing-Shell-Skin

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That Switch sweepstakes will be the only new inventory for the next three months

Chance to win a ticket for a chance to stand in line for a chance to pre-order a switch

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

Nintendo is calling it a 3D action game so I assume that it's a No More Heroes game with no open world component.

No More Heroes 2 ditched the (admittedly pointless) open world of the original in favour of selecting locations from a map, so that's not a new thing. By all accounts it sounds like it's a Kingdom Hearts-esque thing where each world is based on an indie game.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

mommy I want mario grape nuts.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

berry fruity

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Detective No. 27 posted:

mommy I want mario grape nuts.

somebody must like grape nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The price gouging on the Nintemdo machine is upsetting me. Nobody is actually offering it at the $299 price that Nintendo advertises it for.

nobody has one at all

• Locked thread