Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Inanimate carbon rod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jono C posted:

The only positive from that shitshow is that Kearney is that much closer to getting fired.

Fire the entire loving team.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Inanimate carbon rod?

I think George Brandis is still occupied.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Enjoying this game, both teams showing some nice desperation, if not any real quality play

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Macklemore.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Since I never watch the pre/mid-game shows I honestly have no opinion of this development

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Since I never watch the pre/mid-game shows I honestly have no opinion of this development
Yeah, never watched the footy for the pre/mid game entertainment

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

Yeah, never watched the footy for the pre/mid game entertainment

And most of the time the Tigers have poo poo the bed by then so I don't need to worry about the second half entertainment either

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lid posted:

Macklemore.

this is loving awesome

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

I honestly expected "The Voice of NRL" - Delta Goodrem to be chosen under contractual obligation from Nine.

Macklemore is better and only slightly dated.

I hold my breath every year for a modern Australian group like Cloud Control or even Violent Soho to play but it'll never happen.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

iajanus posted:

Surely you tuned in when James Blunt and Jessica Mauboy were performing. :cheeky:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Fanatic posted:

Surely you tuned in when James Blunt and Jessica Mauboy were performing. :cheeky:

Oh for sure

Mostly to make sure the mute button on my TV was working so I could get Roy & HG commentary to line up correctly

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Are Roy and HG still doing it? It's the only thing which will make the inevitable Storm victory even remotely bearable.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Not sure about this year but they did last year so I expect so

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Reminder of last year's standard:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVVLSvt3vT8

Literally worse than going down to the local Karaoke bar.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Holy poo poo, he literally can't sing for more than five minutes.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Tigers have signed Robbie Rochow for some strange reason.

Coming in the same week as we resigned Naqaima, Eisenhuth, and Taylor I think we're just literally addicted to signing contracts with anybody who owns a pen.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Tigers have signed Robbie Rochow for some strange reason.

Coming in the same week as we resigned Naqaima, Eisenhuth, an Taylor I think we're just literally addicted to signing contracts with anybody who owns a pen.
Rochow is a decent forward when he isn't battling injury, you probably got him for a bargain price too

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

Rochow is a decent forward when he isn't battling injury, you probably got him for a bargain price too

At his peak he was a decent rotation forward, his peak was 3-4 years ago however.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

murdoch poo posted:

Des Hasler fails to appear at Bulldogs press conference, assistant Jim Dymock spruiks ambitions

Des to be moved on?

THE drums continue to beat at Belmore around the coaching future of Des Hasler, with Saturday bringing a no-show followed by a surprise job audition from his assistant Jim Dymock.

Speculation has surrounded the coaching future of Canterbury coach Hasler, after a disappointing season from the club.

The Bulldogs will not play finals footy for the first time since 2011, and the first time under Hasler.

Now, Hasler has added weight to rumours regarding his sacking, after not attending the Bulldogs’ final media conference for the season. The apparent reason was that the coach was sick, after a run of illness in the family.

Canterbury round out their 2017 campaign when they face St George-Illawarra at ANZ Stadium on Sunday. The proud club sit 12th on the table but have been as low as 15th this season.

Hasler, sent assistant coach Dymock in his place to fufill the media obligation on Saturday. Dymock and fellow club legend Dean Pay are the two names most heavily linked to the Bulldogs’ job should they part company with Hasler.

Dymock, surprisingly, failed to comprehensively throw his support behind Hasler and instead outlined his coaching ambition when asked by the media.

“Definitely. I have had aspirations of being a head coach,” Dymock said.

“To be head coach of a side I spilt blood for would be an honour for me, I’d definitely put my hand up.

“If the opportunity comes, I think I’m ready. I’ve been coaching now for 13 years. I think I’ve put my time in. I think we’re getting a bit ahead of ourselves though.

“It’s hard for some people, the speculation and the uncertainty, but that’s just the way of the jungle and the world we live in.”

Dymock said he hadn’t seen Hasler take a sick day before.

“Six years I’ve been working with Des and I can honestly say he’s had the sniffles every now and then but it’s the first time he hasn’t turned up for a training session,” Dymock said.

“I don’t think it’s strange, he’s had a few family commitments as well, someone has been sick in the family as well. I don’t think it’s strange, it is what it is.

“Definitely [he will coach against the Dragons on Sunday], even if he has no voice he will be miming away, we’ll understand what he’s saying. All the work has been done and the boys know what we need to do tomorrow.”

Dymock was installed as the Bulldogs’ interim head coach in 2011, after the club parted way with former boss Kevin Moore.

The former Australian and New South Wales representative was in charge for the last eight games of that season, before Hasler arrived at Belmore to start the 2012 campaign.

Hasler only recently signed a two-year extension at the club but the Canterbury board will meet on Tuesday night, where they could decide the future of the former NRL premiership winner.

“That’s a tough thing for a lot of the staff and a few of the players, the uncertainty of next year, what’s going on,” Dymock said.

“I think the board has got a meeting next Tuesday or something like that. Hopefully they can sort something out and we can just get on with it.”

Former Bulldogs’ winger Steve Turner, who works with the club in media content production, told Fox Sports News that there was an easy explanation for Hasler’s absence from his media duties and no conspiracy at play.

“No, Des has been sick the last few days,” Turner revealed. “He has had family members that have been sick over the last few weeks as well.

“Des doesn’t miss too many media sessions, doesn’t miss too many training sessions as well.

“Jimmy put his hand up and took his spot this morning.”

Turner did concede that the constant talk surrounding Hasler has unsettled the club, and he did not know whether Hasler would remain at Belmore.

“I don’t know what is going to happen to be honest with you,” Turner said.

“It’s been a very tough year on-field. There’s been so much speculation, so much rumour.

“It’s not ideal that the club isn’t going to be playing finals footy, we’re a club that set high expectations for ourselves.

“To not be playing finals football for the first time since 2011, it is disappointing. But it is all just rumours and speculation at the moment.”

The Bulldogs’ board met a fortnight ago and reports emerged that they had made a decision regarding Hasler’s role at the club, but would release it at the conclusion of the NRL season.

Canterbury have won its last two games against Manly and the Gold Coast, which could almost be enough to save Hasler, just as the board prepares to meet once more.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It feels nice not to be the club in the rumour pages for once. I mean I'm sure we'll do something like stab someone or similar soon but it is a nice break.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Apparently James Graham to the Dragons is done, Dogs will be no better next season. Crushing signing for the Warriors and Knights, both of them desperately needed Graham.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

Apparently James Graham to the Dragons is done, Dogs will be no better next season. Crushing signing for the Warriors and Knights, both of them desperately needed Graham.
Yep...apparently you guys are getting Blair though

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Roosters clearly took the line bet for the titans and are keeping it close.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

bowmore posted:

Knowing how we work, we'll turn him into Wests Tigers Blair in around five minutes.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

No no I insist, you guys have him

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

As long as we don't have him I'm cool wherever he goes

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

This game is loving hilarious

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

This game is loving hilarious

I'm so glad we don't have Hayne.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Bad luck Titans. Too many injuries to overcome in the last ten minutes.

MiniSune posted:

I'm so glad we don't have Hayne.

His kickoff fuckups were very amusing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

Knowing how we work, we'll turn him into Wests Tigers Blair in around five minutes.
If you sign him I hope for your sake he plays like he has at the Broncos

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Loss notwithstanding, iajwife is buzzing since she was flying back this afternoon from Townsville and ended up spending the entire time in the lounge and on the flight sitting next to Scott Prince and chatting to him. Super nice guy and they got to watch and discuss the titans game together since their flight was delayed which would have been awesome fun.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Manly into finals :toot:

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
So Cows now on death watch if the Dragons win?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

MiniSune posted:

So Cows now on death watch if the Dragons win?

If Dragons beat Bulldogs (which is likely) then they get 7th, Panthers 8th, Cowboys 9th on +/-, I think.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Hopefully we get a good old fashioned Ricky melt down after this match, to see us through.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

Loss notwithstanding, iajwife is buzzing since she was flying back this afternoon from Townsville and ended up spending the entire time in the lounge and on the flight sitting next to Scott Prince and chatting to him. Super nice guy and they got to watch and discuss the titans game together since their flight was delayed which would have been awesome fun.

Sample of the analysis on offer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsOSQXLDiqw

ili
Jul 26, 2003

It's hard to pick who are more cunty. I mean Melbourne have years of form but bj, Rapana and Tapine are no slouches either.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

There's some hilarious irony in giving up an eight point try by sliding in feet first on a Melbourne player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

There's some hilarious irony in giving up an eight point try by sliding in feet first on a Melbourne player

Yeah I thought that too.

It's Melbourne's to lose this year.

• Locked thread