Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Gear I will miss from D1:

Fatebringer
Bolt Caster
Y1 IB Armors
Rangefinder/RB/LitC Luna
BTRD
Cross mapping a dude with a wombo combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

This and I'm known as the sperg with Glass Prom. I'll miss both dearly.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Y'all are kinda rude tbh. I'm not whining about not having friends and blaming Bungie or something. I just don't play mp games with groups or mic up. I have tons of fun playing these kinds of games solo. The only grouped stuff I enjoy with other people is couch coop :shrug: I hope you guys enjoy yourselves on Wednesday. I'm sure I will too. Sorry if I came off whiny or bitchy.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I'll miss this LMG

http://xboxclips.com/MeatBishop/034d62fe-65da-4836-8669-3bf13cb6ab62

But as long as there is still sick fusion rifle kills

http://xboxclips.com/MeatBishop/a3776467-431b-4647-939e-a68e0d8c0aa5

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 1, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

Cross mapping a dude with a wombo combo

you think you know about cross-mapping?

http://i.imgur.com/2vmOmZQ.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Y'all are kinda rude tbh. I'm not whining about not having friends and blaming Bungie or something. I just don't play mp games with groups or mic up. I have tons of fun playing these kinds of games solo. The only grouped stuff I enjoy with other people is couch coop :shrug: I hope you guys enjoy yourselves on Wednesday. I'm sure I will too. Sorry if I came off whiny or bitchy.

It's a multiplayer game. You're trying to buy a car with two tires because you want it to be a motorcycle. Buy a goddamn motorcycle if you want one.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

It's a multiplayer game. You're trying to buy a car with two tires because you want it to be a motorcycle. Buy a goddamn motorcycle if you want one.

Show me a motorcycle (single player game) which has the same gunplay as Destiny.
Nothing loving compares and everybody here knows that.

(On the other hand the EDZ and Nessus gameplay video show that patrols will be infinitely better than D1, distilling and remixing the best parts of soloable content)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

limaCAT posted:

Show me a motorcycle (single player game) which has the same gunplay as Destiny.
Nothing loving compares and everybody here knows that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Halo_(series)

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Hot take. Destiny is fun and playing with goons rocks and it's some of the most drunken fun I've had on the Xbox shooting oryx with Sucu and Gogo while battling Rasheed noises and I can't wait to do it all over again. To jump into whatever maw at the beginning of a raid awaits us all. To fill eyes with the starlight glitter of our c-beams. To rejoice in a night well made among friends.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Kilometers Davis posted:

If you think people are rude now you should try playing multiplayer with them!!!!!!!!!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

xzzy posted:

I don't see your point. I like multiplayer games. A lot. I love Destiny multiplayer. I just dumped far too many hours into Overwatch for shiny new skins. I don't like planning groups or doing voice coordination. I enjoy solo queueing and so on. I don't know why that's the most triggering thing in the universe for you. Nice car metaphor though.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Good catch, is new content coming up in September?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don't see your point. I like multiplayer games. A lot. I love Destiny multiplayer. I just dumped far too many hours into Overwatch for shiny new skins. I don't like planning groups or doing voice coordination. I enjoy solo queueing and so on. I don't know why that's the most triggering thing in the universe for you. Nice car metaphor though.

I've managed all of Destiny 1 never having to form the group myself so unless just using VOIP is what is unacceptable then I don't know what to say.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ularg posted:

I've managed all of Destiny 1 never having to form the group myself so unless just using VOIP is what is unacceptable then I don't know what to say.

I'm not good at getting my point across sorry. I have no interest in mic'd up group play. The rest of it doesn't bother me even though I highly prefer matchmaking. The difficulty of raids implies voice coordination and that's why I don't bother with it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
can you articulate why the idea of five dudes hearing your voice apparently fills you with enough dread to avoid like 75 percent of the reason people play destiny

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
seriously though just leave him alone about it, some people have anxiety or discomfort or just don't wanna do it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm not good at getting my point across sorry. I have no interest in mic'd up group play. The rest of it doesn't bother me even though I highly prefer matchmaking. The difficulty of raids implies voice coordination and that's why I don't bother with it.

It's really weird yo. Like, you don't have to raid all the time but it's totally worth it to make the effort at least once or twice because it's really neat content.

Like bro if your vocal cords were damaged in a childhood accident just say so but being so 100% resistant to the idea of talking to other people in a game is a bit off.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

can you articulate why the idea of five dudes hearing your voice apparently fills you with enough dread to avoid like 75 percent of the reason people play destiny

It doesn't. I used to have really bad anxiety about voice chat, got over it, and now I don't like it at all. It's distracting to me when I'd rather but chilling out listening to the game sounds and not talking. I don't find voice coordination/bullshitting with bros fun while gaming. It's a solitary hobby for me outside of playing with randoms. Micing up for the social aspect does nothing for me other than irritate me.

I don't know why there's this concept of the game being ruined for me because of social anxiety or something. It's likely part of it but I loved Destiny 1, played it a ton 100% solo/matchmaking and will do the same with 2. I'm not trying to say the game is busted or something, only that I would like to see LFR style easy babby modes to see the content solo or whatever. It doesn't need to be a big derail because of differing preferences. I'm hyped for Destiny 2 who cares.

Legs Benedict posted:

seriously though just leave him alone about it, some people have anxiety or discomfort or just don't wanna do it

:hfive:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's totally fine to wanna roll solo and not have to deal with other people, solo gaming owns and is fun.

It's just that destiny raids are explicitly social and Bungie doesn't need to be wasting effort making dumb bad versions of explicitly social content. Their efforts would better be spent making proper solo content.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's totally fine to wanna roll solo and not have to deal with other people, solo gaming owns and is fun.

It's just that destiny raids are explicitly social and Bungie doesn't need to be wasting effort making dumb bad versions of explicitly social content. Their efforts would better be spent making proper solo content.

Even though I want my dumb matchmaking raids I am 100% down with this. Hopefully they pump out quite a bit. I don't know how I did the same patrol bullshit over and over in the first game but I did and it was stupid fun. As long as they support every branch of the game I'm sure anyone who likes the core gameplay will be fine.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
So many spoliers on out right now. Like... most of the exotics.

One of the Titan boot exotics seems like its gonna help you Titan skate :getin:

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

No Ruin Wings makes me want to cry.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

CheeseFactory posted:

Relationship ended with Dunemarchers. Now Lion Rampant is my best friend.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
I feel you Kilometers. I'm the same way. I loved playing through all the Halo campaigns solo. When I get home from work and kick back I want to relax and isolate, maybe chat with the wife, not have to coordinate with a bunch of dudes over the internet. Putting on the mic and talking to strangers is just a bit of a chore. Which is why I missed a lot of content in Destiny 1, despite Bungie claiming that players could go lone wolf.

It's a very different kind of campaign that can mostly be enjoyed alone but not entirely since part of the narrative is locked behind the raids. Now I know better at least. Gotta get in on that D2 raid action.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The majority of my playtime is solo in patrols, strikes, story missions and Crucible. So being able to socialize in raids is a blessing for me. I've even had groups in the past okay with my disconnecting my headset between bosses because of my headaches. Just got to get the right group of understanding people.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!

Skeletron posted:

I feel you Kilometers. I'm the same way. I loved playing through all the Halo campaigns solo. When I get home from work and kick back I want to relax and isolate, maybe chat with the wife, not have to coordinate with a bunch of dudes over the internet. Putting on the mic and talking to strangers is just a bit of a chore. Which is why I missed a lot of content in Destiny 1, despite Bungie claiming that players could go lone wolf.

It's a very different kind of campaign that can mostly be enjoyed alone but not entirely since part of the narrative is locked behind the raids. Now I know better at least. Gotta get in on that D2 raid action.

I didn't do any D1 raids until just before TTK really. I got max level by grinding out Iron Banner gear as I could do that solo or get a goon group when there was one. When I raided, I remember the PvE preteens baffled by how I got all IB gear. I'm not even good at PvP.

I resorted to destinylfg which was about a 70% good experience when actually getting in a group. I could only raid one day a week at most but it was fun when it worked out.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I used to raid with goons all the time and don't really say much, unless it was important (raid boss stuff) you'd be surprised at how chill they are
Fair play if you don't wanna, there are more than plenty of things to do asides from the raids. It's just that the raids are really really quite good and that's why so many posters are pushing that particular point. It's an experience and it's a shame to miss out on it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Yeah the only reason I said anything at all was because I was a 99% solo patrol/story/strike player and I only grouped up with goons for the occasional raid and nightfall. But those things were always a lot of fun because it was great content and most of the destiny ps4 goons were just chillax as gently caress (except Jackson but he's good and was still fine to raid with so whatever).

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the best thing was back in the day when vanguard strikes would give you like 12 rep a completion so you would have to grind patrol missions for vanguard rep. it was awful and between that and the hosed up planetary mat economy at launch i assume anyone who enjoys patrols didn't play the game for the first year it was out.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the best thing was back in the day when vanguard strikes would give you like 12 rep a completion so you would have to grind patrol missions for vanguard rep. it was awful and between that and the hosed up planetary mat economy at launch i assume anyone who enjoys patrols didn't play the game for the first year it was out.

There is a sick and twisted part of me that enjoyed that grindy as gently caress first few months :allears:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

CheeseFactory posted:

There is a sick and twisted part of me that enjoyed that grindy as gently caress first few months :allears:

Relic Iron routes were chill af

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Nah I played a poo poo ton of Patrol even then. It was really relaxing to start a podcast and just shoot aliens.

I remember like 50 hours spent in the beta and by the end I memorized the fastest most lucrative route to collect spin metal and chests in the Rocket Yards. Too bad I can't find any concrete stats on my time spent on Patrol in total. But I did find I am apparently really good at strikes, holding the #1 or top 10 spots for PS4 on some strikes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There was definitely a crumb of enjoyment chilling with your bros popping chests to get upgrade materials, but let's not kid ourselves that it would have been wayyyy better to chill with your bros in strikes.

Plus the bullshit three man limit on patrols. The game could clearly handle six man teams just fine because it's not like Venus blew up when people patrolled on a vog raid.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh yea I still hate the CURRENT material grind back before I managed to stockpile thousand of each material, I wouldn't want to go back to that. Which is why I'm glad I haven't seen a single planetary mat in any of the EDZ footage.

I still have no idea if you have to level up gear you get or not. If the EDZ tokens take place of Spinmetal or it's just for vendor currency.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I cried

https://youtu.be/v4q5SmANkLg

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Ularg posted:

Oh yea I still hate the CURRENT material grind back before I managed to stockpile thousand of each material, I wouldn't want to go back to that. Which is why I'm glad I haven't seen a single planetary mat in any of the EDZ footage.

I still have no idea if you have to level up gear you get or not. If the EDZ tokens take place of Spinmetal or it's just for vendor currency.

I think I saw a harvesteable material in one of the released patrol videos (some sort of crystal shard). Tokens seems to acquire gear.... or I am wrong?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Tei posted:

I think I saw a harvesteable material in one of the released patrol videos (some sort of crystal shard). Tokens seems to acquire gear.... or I am wrong?

Was it purple? Cause that could be what is used to unlock the Subclass Ways/Nodes.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Tei posted:

You hand in tokens to the zone's relevant NPC (in EDZ's case that's Devrim Kay) to increase your reputation with him/her. When you've filled the reputation bar up, you get a couple of pieces of gear for it. The gear you get in this way seems to be zone-themed too. Ghilly-like EDZ armor for the titan, guns made by Devrim Kay etc.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Skeletron posted:

Yup yup yup. Sounds exactly like me. Playing games while hanging out with the lady are my peak social gaming moments. I know I'm missing out in some capacity but I'm not stressed about it.

Tbh if they seem cool enough and I feel like it I'll consider giving raids a go anyway but realistically I'll watch them on YouTube and go back to mindlessly murdering ai like a boss.

e: vvvvv yes this intensely

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Sep 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Social interactions are stressing for many people. Introverts lose energy from social interactions, where extroverts gain energy from the same interactions.

A introvert in a party will feel exhausted and maybe even go home after a hour, while a extrovert will feel energized by the same experience.

Videogames are somewhat a safe space where introverts can both have social interactions, and limit them so they are not life draining experiences. They also are a safe space for extroverts, when they want to have "me time" alone.