Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

the panacea posted:

Just coming in to say this game owns. Just made it to 2-1 last night and can't wait to play more.
Can I go and do the unlocked challenges right away or do I need "endgame" gear or something?

The challenges feel tuned in a way that I think they are meant to be done after you complete the world, coming back later when you have stronger weapons and more skills would trivialize some of them, for better or worse.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m missing 2 collectible chests in world 1 and I have no idea where they could be.

One of them is almost certainly the dock with the 3 movable blocks, you have to position them in a certain way... that I never figured out, didn't make sense to me and had to watch a video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

katkillad2 posted:

One of them is almost certainly the dock with the 3 movable blocks, you have to position them in a certain way... that I never figured out, didn't make sense to me and had to watch a video.

You need to match it with the blocks on the platform before the one you're on. It's tricky because the platforms are oriented at different angles.

I'm thinking the last box in world one is before you even jump in the big cannon, there a push block and some kind of spin context action I've yet to unlock. I only have one box left so that had to be it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I am glad this game is good, because games being good is much preferable to them being bad most of the time, but I still wish this was Mario + Servbots.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's probably obvious and I am just missing it but how do you replay a battle? I'm guessing that getting perfects matters, right? Mid boss world 1 I didn't perfect.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

When you finish the chapter, you can play the past battles again using the rabbid washing machine time machine

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dude how the gently caress do they think the 3rd boss is okay

Like literally nothing else in this game can hope to top it, it's a super super fun fight and it's gimmick is outstanding.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

numerrik posted:

When you finish the chapter, you can play the past battles again using the rabbid washing machine time machine

Oh duh...I was pretty tired when I finished world 1. So today I just go wandering around the actual world and skipped the machine.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Oh my god Luigi just double shot his Steely Eyes through a perfectly straight tube that a rabbid had just escaped through.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Been playing on and off all day and just finished 1-7. Yeah, I get what people are saying about the movement being important, seeing how dashes and jumps and pipes can let you travel far beyond what your initial movement radius looks like has me thinking about the battlefield differently compared to XCOM. Also the lack of distance penalties and the shot chances always being 0/50/100. It definitely feels streamlined compared to XCOM but it doesn't feel simplistic, and I have a feeling it will get even more robust down the line. I'm having a lot of fun!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This is my favorite not xcom xcom game

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
There are other percentages but it relates to weapon procs.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Honey, Ink, vampire, fire, ice, bounce.

Do weapons get any other elements?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Stone

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Vamp damage lets me heal some if I hit the afflicted enemy again during that turn, yeah? Is this for movement damage only?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

All damage will heal

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Cool, thanks. Ever since I got Luigi I stopped using fake luigi, so I started using him again a few times in world 2 and somehow didn't know that vamp also heals until I stomped someone with Mario. For some reason I thought maybe it was poison damage because it's purple??

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah vamping enemies and letting your whole team top off by shooting and dashing is great and maybe better than a dedicated heal

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Gotta say I like how they made every character useful. I'm always switching out characters for certain maps and it's still good.

I think my least used character so far is Rabbid Peach and I haven't even unlocked the Yoshi duo

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I just got Real Peach and I think I am in love.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rabbid Luigi is my MVP. maxing out his vamp dash and damage means I can just use him as bait then sweep the whole map dashing fools and healing myself back up then using the rocket launcher to blow whatever cover the enemies have so mario and Luigi can finish them off.

I’ve had to change my team and tactics for world 3 but the game continues to be super loving fun.

Oh and I had an enemy crit Mario so hard the app crashed. Second time I’ve seen the title screen for the game since it’s all I’ve been playing.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
2-8-1 is the first level I had to ditch Rabbid Luigi and Luigi for. I really got thrown for a loop when it spawned those two smashers in the middle and they can immediately range 75% of the map because all of the cover has been decimated.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I just got Rabbid Mario and he doesn't seem that good? Like his movement is pretty low and he doesn't get multi-people bounce like Luigi, and his weapons are gently caress you close range.

I dunno, I feel like I'd rather have either Luigi instead

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Zore posted:

I just got Rabbid Mario and he doesn't seem that good? Like his movement is pretty low and he doesn't get multi-people bounce like Luigi, and his weapons are gently caress you close range.

I really like him and use him alternating with Luigi depending on the map. rMario is great in terms of AoE Damage and crowd control. His dash does wide AoE damage and he can dash attack more than one enemy in a turn. His second skill (Magnet) draws enemies closer to him so that he can use his shotgun or hammer for large damage on a group. He also has a bunch of vamp shotguns as well to add even more vamp debuffs so you can heal any damage he takes because he always has to be up close.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Zore posted:

Did you do some of the challenges where you just have to quickly kill things? He's really good at stuff like that, among other things.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

CrashCat posted:

It appears only through the headset in the intro so presumably the former. Though we know what it actually is, it's just a cursor that they decided to make into a character so they can give it dialogue.
HEY! LISTEN!

Beastie posted:

Honestly I'd rather them unlock different outfits like Tanooki Mario or Flower Power Mario or put the Poltergeist 5000 on Luigi's back.
wtf man, it's polterGUST.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Maybe picking this up before I start moving and am without internet for awhile. What's the length/replayability of this like?

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Zore posted:

How to Rabbid Mario:
1) Buy a vamp shotgun and vamp hammer.
2) Focus his skill points on his explosive dash, movement range, Magnet Dance Cooldown, and Magnet Dance Range abilities. He maxes out at 9 cell movement.
3) Dash right into the middle of entire enemy groups, exploding all of them with each dash attack.
4) Use Magnet Dance.
5) :black101:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Do levels get longer than two battles?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I like this game a lot! Just curious tho, by doing the challenges as soon as they're unlocked, I'm not screwing future party members out of skill orbs, am I?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

I like this game a lot! Just curious tho, by doing the challenges as soon as they're unlocked, I'm not screwing future party members out of skill orbs, am I?

Nope, they're unlocked for everyone. If you're going to do the challenges you should do them in real time because they generally assume you have the characters available at that point and roughly the gear that unlocks at the end of the chapter - going back later lets you cakewalk anything combat based.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

New party members get access to the full orb count you've accumulated.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Sweet, I especially love how whoever the last party member is is gonna have like 600 skill orbs I assume

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm not obsessively trying to get Perfect on each battle, should I be pickier with my weapon purchases or do you get more coins as the game goes on? I just finished world 1

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
When do you get Challenges? I think I'm on part 7 of Act 1.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am not sure like I burn as a status effect, 2 out of 3 times the burning enemy runs into me and then I get burned :doh:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lakbay posted:

I'm not obsessively trying to get Perfect on each battle, should I be pickier with my weapon purchases or do you get more coins as the game goes on? I just finished world 1

After beating World 1, I had enough coins to buy a few upgrades, I perfected about 80% of the battles but the bonus is only like, 100 coins so I assume it's not that influential

Jables88 posted:

right after you beat the boss of the Act (which I assume is consistent across all worlds)

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Does this game have any kind of post-game endless mode, or once you've perfected every level is that basically the end of the content until DLC comes out?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Any tips on using Peach or Luigi?

Luigi does a massive amount of damage and I love his sentry but I have no idea how to keep that boy alive. He's just in a constant state of eating poo poo no matter how far away from the action I put him. Either enemies find ways to navigate across the entire field and hit him that way or it's the dumb Peek-a-Boo's teleporting right on over and capping him. He just dies so fast that I'm afraid to do much with him. Which sucks as Luigi is my favorite bro :smith:

Peach I just don't understand what I'm supposed to be doing with her at all. I thought her shield was amazing until I noticed she's sharing the damage everyone takes and it's not just a damage reduction. Her overwatch also seems hilariously worthless given the absurdly short range of her shotgun. I'm just not sure what roll she's supposed to fill.

I'm currenly just using Rabbid Luigi (of course) and whoever else I want to spice things up.

Jables88 posted:

You get them after defeating the world boss.

Lakbay posted:

Be really picky and aim for perfects. The reward for a perfect battle gets dramatic and you can really hurt yourself if you don't go for them. Chapter 3 for example has 400 coins for a bronze, 800 for silver and 1200 for gold. Weapons start costing about 1400 at this point so it's kind of expecting you to fit your favorites.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 1, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Be really picky and aim for perfects. The reward for a perfect battle gets dramatic and you can really hurt yourself if you don't go for them. Chapter 3 for example has 400 coins for a bronze, 800 for silver and 1200 for gold. Weapons start costing about 1400 at this point so it's kind of expecting you to fit your favorites.

Thanks, I'll start being more picky with my weapon purchases. I'm not too good so I don't think I have the skill to get perfects on harder battles so I'll just turn on easy mode if the going gets rough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Right now I am planning to get one weapon each time the damage tier bumps up

• Locked thread