Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

zegermans posted:

ESDF is the superior movement key configuration.

Do you like not bind anything to ctrl? Or do I just have small baby hands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

hawowanlawow posted:

I hate the flooded town

Way to poo poo on Houston.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah, though I'd really like that on my mousewheel. Estimating the distances is pretty hard, it'd be nice if the scope body markers were the right widths. I'd kinda rather use the scope lines than move my hand over to pgup/pgdn as is.

I did this

Just edit this file: C:\Users\fletcher\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

code:
(ActionName="IncreaseZeroing",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollUp))),(ActionName="DecreaseZeroing",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollDown)))
Prob need to rebind the existing MouseScrollUp & MouseScrollDown binds as well

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i wondered why the zeroing distance never changed from 100m :downs:

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Stealthgerbil posted:

Do you like not bind anything to ctrl? Or do I just have small baby hands?
Left-Ctrl is just walk by default, and only pussies walk. Are you a pussy?

First thing I do when I enter a match is toggle run, and I turn it off only to sit down for my chicken dinner.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I just heard my first pubbie teammates using voice chat and it was an incredibly angry turkish guy talking most of the time, we bumped into people who saw us first and fired on us so we took a couple of hits and he started screaming "lovely TEAM loving lovely TEAM", and then he and someone else got downed and he screamed the same thing again, and then very angrily said "YES VERY GOOD PICKUP" after me and the other guy saved the day.

Later on we sort of got circlefucked but he started screaming "loving lovely TEAM" again after he tried to hide in a shitshack that was outside the blue zone and got downed by it.

Surprisingly not entirely turned off the idea of playing with pubbies and voice comms.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

turning off voice is dumb as hell. it owns having someone scream MERCY as they crawl around on the floor as you raise your shotgun to blow their brains out.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Back to back chicken dinners today in duo 4 kills each & duo-fpp 2 kills each.

Had to check if the stats were reset or something but it seemed normal.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

lohli posted:

I just heard my first pubbie teammates using voice chat and it was an incredibly angry turkish guy talking most of the time, we bumped into people who saw us first and fired on us so we took a couple of hits and he started screaming "lovely TEAM loving lovely TEAM", and then he and someone else got downed and he screamed the same thing again, and then very angrily said "YES VERY GOOD PICKUP" after me and the other guy saved the day.

Later on we sort of got circlefucked but he started screaming "loving lovely TEAM" again after he tried to hide in a shitshack that was outside the blue zone and got downed by it.

Surprisingly not entirely turned off the idea of playing with pubbies and voice comms.

oh yea, definitely gonna say "YES VERY GOOD PICKUP" every time someone brings me back now with no frame of reference for them at all

revolther posted:

Back to back chicken dinners today in duo 4 kills each & duo-fpp 2 kills each.

Had to check if the stats were reset or something but it seemed normal.

Wasn't today no mmr no stat reset day?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

turning off voice is dumb as hell. it owns having someone scream MERCY as they crawl around on the floor as you raise your shotgun to blow their brains out.

I'll have to get my poo poo set up to broadcast it in a dalek voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNOFxMpgjXI&t=26s

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

fletcher posted:

I did this

Just edit this file: C:\Users\fletcher\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

code:
(ActionName="IncreaseZeroing",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollUp))),(ActionName="DecreaseZeroing",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollDown)))
Prob need to rebind the existing MouseScrollUp & MouseScrollDown binds as well

Just a warning, if you bind zeroing to mousewheel and also zoom in and out with mousewheel in the map, you will adjust your zeroing every time you adjust your map zoom level.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Ugh. I just bound my zeroing to the mouse because it's a drat good idea and then that. It's gonna get me killed.

Also, you don't need to edit the ini. You can just go into the menu, click what you want, and then scroll. Seems to work fine.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

(ActionName="IncreaseZeroing",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollUp,bCtrl=True))),(ActionName="DecreaseZeroing",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollDown,bCtrl=True)))

fucken noobs

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

hawowanlawow posted:

I hate the flooded town

I used to until I learned it is a safespace for those of us who main shotguns, you can bounce around it like sonic and blast people and everyone just dies all the time and it's good, better than the miles and miles of empty fields people seem to fuckin love for no reason

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
Since assault rifles are always zero'd for 100 meters, do you aim down a little when you're taking shots at 25-50, or not?

Groovelord Neato posted:

I was playing squad FPP as a solo. As I was cleaning out a house, I heard someone on voice. He was dumping on his squaddies, teasing them, telling them they were poo poo. "I could die right now and I'd still have more kills than either of you." Guess who got shotgunned as he came into my house? :omarcomin:

Local voice chat is amazing sometimes.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Since assault rifles are always zero'd for 100 meters, do you aim down a little when you're taking shots at 25-50, or not?
I assume there's not going to be enough fall off by 100m, such that 10 25 50 and 100m are all shorthand for "a straight line extending from the barrel", so that's a long way of saying no

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the 100 m zero can make you miss some shots but mostly only in situations that involve a lot of varied elevations.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

(ActionName="IncreaseZeroing",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollUp,bCtrl=True))),(ActionName="DecreaseZeroing",Keys=((Key=MouseScrollDown,bCtrl=True)))

fucken noobs

Oh sick! This makes it so it's ctrl+mousewheel right?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hi guys!

My buildings didn't render in George, so I had no idea what was what.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hockles posted:

Hi guys!

My buildings didn't render in George, so I had no idea what was what.

It's okay, you were up against the Discord A-Team, you had no chance anyway.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

fletcher posted:

Oh sick! This makes it so it's ctrl+mousewheel right?
ye

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Getting people to waste their time zeroing, the ultimate troll...

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I assume there's not going to be enough fall off by 100m, such that 10 25 50 and 100m are all shorthand for "a straight line extending from the barrel", so that's a long way of saying no

He's asking about the fall-up from the bullet's arc which causes the bullet to be higher up until it crosses the zero mark at which point it'll be dropping, but I'm still not entirely convinced the game models that, and even if it did I doubt it's enough that your bullet would sail over someone's head unless you were lining up with the very crown to give them a monk haircut.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Been playing a couple of days and the game is good. Best solo finish so far is 2nd so guess I'm getting the hang of it.

A large number of my kills come from accidentally running people over as I zoom around wildly trying to get to the next circle, is this normal?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Shima Honnou posted:

He's asking about the fall-up from the bullet's arc which causes the bullet to be higher up until it crosses the zero mark at which point it'll be dropping, but I'm still not entirely convinced the game models that, and even if it did I doubt it's enough that your bullet would sail over someone's head unless you were lining up with the very crown to give them a monk haircut.

this has come up before. it is modeled, very clearly. try zeroing to 400m and shooting something at 50-100m. you shoot way over.

the post you quoted is also correct that if you zero at 100m, the distance is so short that the bullet is actually slightly traveling upwards the entire time (from barrel height to scope height) so you don't need to compensate for anything in that range.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
here's a better visual indicator than what we had when the topic came up last time:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

A lot of my fall-up is the difference between standing/crouching/prone and head height. At 25m-50m, the natural "aim up to the head" leads to an overshot, because the scopes zero at 100m. There's a real sweet spot at about 30 or 40 where it's incredibly noticeable; it's made me miss way too often, but I still forget to lower my aim :downsgun:

Any time you're <50m and you're using an AR, you're better off just aiming center mass. Better chance to hit, and recoil might put the center grouping on the head. Plus, no penalty to range, so you're doing full damage.

Zo posted:

here's a better visual indicator than what we had when the topic came up last time:

A good graph, is there one from crouch/prone angle?

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Shima Honnou posted:

I think it is--I've had it happen where I was at the top of a steep cliff with a VSS shooting at a guy at the bottom of the cliff and had to aim below him to hit him.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

KM Scorchio posted:

Been playing a couple of days and the game is good. Best solo finish so far is 2nd so guess I'm getting the hang of it.

A large number of my kills come from accidentally running people over as I zoom around wildly trying to get to the next circle, is this normal?

Pro strats dude, pro strats.

LE
Oct 19, 2002

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Some vehicles have a fifth seat and it's also missing q/e as left/right motorcycle air control in addition to forward/back.

EDIT: I assumed you made this but I don't know why, this was supposed to be genuine feedback not a nitpick of some image you found.

I didn't make it, and I don't really give a poo poo.

hope this helps

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

Shima Honnou posted:

He's asking about the fall-up from the bullet's arc which causes the bullet to be higher up until it crosses the zero mark at which point it'll be dropping, but I'm still not entirely convinced the game models that

If it models drop and zeroing, how would it not model this part?

Personally I'm loving trash at distance shots (as well as all types of shots really), but I noticed since I messed with gfx settings/maybe the patch, I'm not seeing tracer/puff of dirt from misses that were useful to train shots with. Is this tied to 'effects' in gfx settings? Or are certain ARs/rifles just better for this? I found VSS seemed to have a really obvious tracer to help, nothing else compared so far, I never really touch the bolt actions due to my terribleness.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Also keep in mind with everyone wearing bullet proof vests, them legs aren't protected, go for the crotch shots.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood
The dangers of listening to chat.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RacyTransparentChickenTBTacoRight

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

tote up a bags posted:

I used to until I learned it is a safespace for those of us who main shotguns, you can bounce around it like sonic and blast people and everyone just dies all the time and it's good, better than the miles and miles of empty fields people seem to fuckin love for no reason

the sunken city is love. the sunken city is life.

do people actually zero the sights? i figured they just readjusted aiming if they missed.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

fucken noobs

Speaking of setting non standard keybinds, is there a line that will make ADS hold RMB instead of toggle?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

the sunken city is love. the sunken city is life.

do people actually zero the sights? i figured they just readjusted aiming if they missed.

Yes, zeroing is incredibly useful once you get used to estimating distances. Mostly though it is switching from 100m >200m to hit guys slightly farther away.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

but the 4x already has the zeroing.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Cage Kicker posted:

Yes, zeroing is incredibly useful once you get used to estimating distances. Mostly though it is switching from 100m >200m to hit guys slightly farther away.

Switching 100-200m is pretty pointless, I wouldn't recommend it unless someone is 400m+ away and even then I probably wouldn't because you can generally eyeball it and adjust if you need to.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Zo posted:

Can someone explain to me how all that relates to the 'range' on each gun referred to here:

Because i still don't loving understand that bit. I assume each marker is 100m? Do bullets just disappear after they hit their effective range, lose damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Zeroing is great at any distance, what are you talking about? The only requirement zeroing has is that you need to be good at estimating distances. If you are, there's literally no downside to using it constantly.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 1, 2017

• Locked thread