Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Curtis Perfect is better.

" He calls himself 'The Perfect' Curt Perfect "

"Ah Love IT!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Kurt IS perfect

Except for the drug use and stalking

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

With Golddust they never really acknowledged that during his 90's run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLrHeRYuXw0

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I really liked it, because i'm a big dumb idiot, where JR would talk about how into Brian Christopher Lawler was and Lawler would make dumb excuses about it.

In hindsight, it was probably some dumb loving Russo Smart Mark bullshit, but I thought it was funny.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Let's put a mask on him and call him SENIOR PERFECTO II

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Let's put a mask on him and call him SENIOR PERFECTO II

El Hijo del Perfecto

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

algebra testes posted:

I really liked it, because i'm a big dumb idiot, where JR would talk about how into Brian Christopher Lawler was and Lawler would make dumb excuses about it.

In hindsight, it was probably some dumb loving Russo Smart Mark bullshit, but I thought it was funny.

Nah, it was a joke going back to when they were both in USWA.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Video of Dave and Bryan discussing the Owens referee thing in SMACKDOWN LIVE

https://youtu.be/YU1mkIx-Zeg

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's comical how a bad name ruined Axel. He was pretty decent as a tribute to his dad but then they gave him an awful name and had him be not his dad and he was just awful. Sad!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

algebra testes posted:

some smart mark stuff is okay if it's just kept to jokes that make sense even if you don't get them. if you aren't in on the joke you probably just think of it as JR making fun of Lawler for being into a guy named Grand Master Sexay, so it's not really as dumb as the WCW stuff where they made no sense without very specific insider knowledge.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grand Master Lawler

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I always loved the heat Jesse Ventura would give Gorilla Monsoons ref son during matches, so it can work.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Fluffdaddy posted:

I always loved the heat Jesse Ventura would give Gorilla Monsoons ref son during matches, so it can work.

Well I mean he also called gorilla "gino" all the time so it's not like they were exactly secretive.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

It's comical how a bad name ruined Axel. He was pretty decent as a tribute to his dad but then they gave him an awful name and had him be not his dad and he was just awful. Sad!

He was never as good as his dad and being a jobber or a lacky is the perfect spot for him, but I mean the name is still kind of dumb if they're going to acknowledge the relationship

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

He was never as good as his dad and being a jobber or a lacky is the perfect spot for him, but I mean the name is still kind of dumb if they're going to acknowledge the relationship

Except he was capable of more than that. He was good enough to be a midcarder when he came up and they blew it because they needed to own everything.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l688Cw3pMnM

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tama Tonga's interview on WOR is remarkably profanity free so far (only one curse!)

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Except he was capable of more than that. He was good enough to be a midcarder when he came up and they blew it because they needed to own everything.

I should probably go back and watch his run in 2013 again

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Endorph posted:

some smart mark stuff is okay if it's just kept to jokes that make sense even if you don't get them. if you aren't in on the joke you probably just think of it as JR making fun of Lawler for being into a guy named Grand Master Sexay, so it's not really as dumb as the WCW stuff where they made no sense without very specific insider knowledge.
JR's pronunciation of Grand Master Sexay was comedy enough without any context

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Curtis Axel received and continues to be at precisely the level of fame that he deserves.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

JR's pronunciation of Grand Master Sexay was comedy enough without any context

Rah key she

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
https://twitter.com/HighspotsWN/status/904167720580550657

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Big Dave is jacked and tan... Vince is going to try and sign him

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It's very hot in here but big Dave ain't sweating a drip

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Big Dave is jacked and tan... Vince is going to try and sign him

Man, people always overstate his physique I'm sure he isn't.......

OMG that Bicep!

What's the chance of the young bucks at some point training Dave to do the part of the Meltzer driver where he does the tombstone? Because I'd be interested in reading a story of an armoury building collapsing due to the explosive cheering.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Wazzu posted:

OMG that Bicep!

No kidding, isn't he almost 60 too?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave works out during the breaks/whenever something boring is happening on Raw. I'm surprised he isn't Mr. Olympia at this point.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Wazzu posted:

OMG that Bicep!

What's the chance of the young bucks at some point training Dave to do the part of the Meltzer driver where he does the tombstone? Because I'd be interested in reading a story of an armoury building collapsing due to the explosive cheering.
this gets brought up in the mailbag from time to time and Dave has said he'd never take part in a wrestling show like that

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

St Evan Echoes posted:

this gets brought up in the mailbag from time to time and Dave has said he'd never take part in a wrestling show like that

Dave has also said never say never in pro wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave says he hasn't been lifting lately.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

MassRafTer posted:

Dave says he hasn't been lifting lately.

Don't do roids, Dave... :(

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
dave tweeted out the link to the realhero archive :doh:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

dave tweeted out the link to the realhero archive :doh:

Oh no this secret thing everyone knows about won't be secret anymore.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
What?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I assume they're talking about this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/4r8h88/the_realhero_archive_is_online_a_work_in_progress/

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Thanks for sharing the secret with me you freaking assholes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

*Ryback rushes in* "Speaking of sharing The Secret,"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i put that web Site on internet .com so you can expect all the losers to flood in from out of town and destroy it. Don't gently caress with me or I will crumple your house down

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Chris James 2 posted:

*Ryback rushes in* "Speaking of sharing The Secret,"

Granted I've only been watching since 2014 but Ryback earnestly talking about the merits of The Secret is still the most bizarre promo I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

MassRafTer posted:

Oh no this secret thing everyone knows about won't be secret anymore.

don't be dense

• Locked thread