Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

chief this case goes deeper than we thought

the boys at the lab say these arent normal joints—jazz cigarillos—that we're dealing w here. theyre telling me that, hold on, gonna check my notes, theyre saying it looks like someone managed to breed a kind of crabapple tree where the crabapples are packed w thc

thats thc sir, the most dangerous "high" chemical of the cannabis leaf

they dont know for sure, but from what they do know, we think this is coming from one of the gangs w some smarter panda hooligans

yes sir, im saying this is

punchymcpunch posted:

the weed of crime bears bitter fruit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

got any sevens posted:

makes sex better

check out the sexhaver over here :toot:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Schnorkles posted:

my gut is they have the votes for a clean increase to the debt ceiling, but there's some serious grumblings that may cause ryan to lose his head over it.

I would laugh, but idk who the HFC thinks they're going to get to take his place.

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
mice

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

:godwinning: :sherman: :riker:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Chokes McGee posted:

would you say they should

:cool:

give you some more?

do not discuss my traumatic head injury i sustained in my youth in this thread, please

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
we need a donald j trump tweet right now

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

everything's thunker:thunk: down where we're drunker
under the cspam

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

quote:

A cat tries to find dry ground around an apartment complex after it was inundated with water following Hurricane Harvey on August 30, 2017, in Houston, Texas.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I would laugh, but idk who the HFC thinks they're going to get to take his place.

HFC?

Thinking???

:thunk:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

wanna rescue that cat

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

is that firkraag

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Sperry Chalet in Glacier NP burned down :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Unperson_47 posted:

everything's thunker:thunk: down where we're drunker
under the cspam

Sobers are dumb and suck

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

probably posted already but whatever

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/903398283984470016

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

the unhappy cat and dog pics from houston make me grump

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

a photographer lets a cat drown in an apartment complex

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
if he ends daca i hope he at least does right

with a weird multi part idiot tweet and no prior warning to anybody involved in the admin or government

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

Each morning I wake up, strip NAKED, cover myself in BOLOGNESE, sit on the FRONT LAWN, and yell TRUMP at people passing by

a powerful lesbian custom

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the funny thing about the gimmicks as an interviewee is that for some positions where you know they're interviewing like 24+ people, standing out is actually quite good because everybody else tends to just blur together.

That said, I'm thinking about "gimmicks" as like, being casually informal while using very respectful language to their authority, or writing down everything they tell you. I am not thinking about pouring water all over their desk or wearing a horse head or (as one of my interviewees chose to do) chewing and spitting tobacco throughout.

Although who the gently caress knows what works in silicon valley. Maybe you could come in on a hoverboard with a clown suit and play it totally straight and instantly be made CEO

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

the boys at the lab say these arent normal joints—jazz cigarillos—that we're dealing w here. theyre telling me that, hold on, gonna check my notes, theyre saying it looks like someone managed to breed a kind of crabapple tree where the crabapples are packed w thc

they dont know for sure, but from what they do know, we think this is coming from one of the gangs w some smarter panda hooligans

the sun is shining

but the ice is slippery

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Hot take here gang

But in my opinion

the BEST Greek god

IS DIONYSUS

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i strongly dislike gimmicks when i interview but hey i'm just trying to make sure that you're cool and really the giant fuckoff skills test is what matters

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Epic High Five posted:

the funny thing about the gimmicks as an interviewee is that for some positions where you know they're interviewing like 24+ people, standing out is actually quite good because everybody else tends to just blur together.

That said, I'm thinking about "gimmicks" as like, being casually informal while using very respectful language to their authority, or writing down everything they tell you. I am not thinking about pouring water all over their desk or wearing a horse head or (as one of my interviewees chose to do) chewing and spitting tobacco throughout.

Although who the gently caress knows what works in silicon valley. Maybe you could come in on a hoverboard with a clown suit and play it totally straight and instantly be made CEO

Maybe for the startup Clwn, which is entirely about a cleaning company but the employees all dress up as clowns while they're cleaning.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

brugroffil posted:

Sperry Chalet in Glacier NP burned down :(

oh god climate change is causing the glaciers to sublimate directly into fire

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

din dins d'snooza is at it again

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

rear end cobra posted:

if he ends daca i hope he at least does right

with a weird multi part idiot tweet and no prior warning to anybody involved in the admin or government

why settle for a tweet when we could have a press conference where he flies off the handle again?

2 minutes of DACA talk. Then a reporter questions his response to Harvey and he just goes wonko.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Al! posted:

a photographer lets a cat drown in an apartment complex

cant make an artmlette without breakin a few eggs

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

MAGA Warlord posted:

Hockey is insanely fun to play but expensive and inconvenient as poo poo

Yeah mos def, I'm finally inching back to playing on ice again, I've got some decent pads, helmet, etc, my stick from college is still in great shape (for 200 fuckin dollars it better be), but I still need skates and I'm putting aside stuff for registration too

I've still got my old roller hockey stuff and there is an outdoor rink but it's about 40 minutes north of Houston, so I usually get in some time with a few neighborhood dudes and their youngsters :v:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

mods please change my name to New Deal Jazz Saxophone

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

I am not thinking about pouring water all over their desk or wearing a horse head or (as one of my interviewees chose to do) chewing and spitting tobacco throughout.

but do do that if u wanna be a baseballs man

write that down tayne

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Apparently that guy who got elected mayor of Hell, MI because he wanted to be a mayor and just wrote a bunch of towns until someone would let him be theirs just got impeached for banning all straight people from town

quote:

“Growing up, I was always told that homosexuals would go to Hell. Now the heterosexuals are trying to take this from us too,” he wrote in a official declaration.

http://www.newnownext.com/elijah-daniel-mayor-hell-bans-straight-people/08/2017/?xrs=synd_facebook_logo

this is a short but quality read and is 2017 as gently caress

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

Hot take here gang

But in my opinion

the BEST Greek god

IS DIONYSUS

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

rear end cobra posted:

we need a donald j trump tweet right now

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/539529416037384192

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

Apparently that guy who got elected mayor of Hell, MI because he wanted to be a mayor and just wrote a bunch of towns until someone would let him be theirs just got impeached for banning all straight people from town

http://www.newnownext.com/elijah-daniel-mayor-hell-bans-straight-people/08/2017/?xrs=synd_facebook_logo

this is a short but quality read and is 2017 as gently caress

this is amazing

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Tom Gorman posted:

Hot take here gang

But in my opinion

the BEST Greek god

IS DIONYSUS

wrong you dope its orpheus

wtf smhd

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

brugroffil posted:

mods please change my name to New Deal Jazz Saxophone

strong move imo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

“Although I enjoyed my time as mayor, I’ve been informed that I’ve been impeached as mayor of Hell,” he tweeted. “This will not affect my presidential run.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

unComplicate

• Locked thread