Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still going with Live for PS4, but if I do ever get round to buying a Switch I'll definitely get 2k18 for it.

e: unless, of course, EA release a Switch version of Live. It'd probably be a cut down version (see Switch FIFA) but on the plus side there'd be no walk around the city to play a game cut-scene bs like in 2k.

Cultural Marxist fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I play so much my league that I accumulate hundreds of thousands of VC each year and have nothing to spend it on. MyTeam is so poo poo that I won't even waste it on packs and MyCareer involves so much badge grinding that even if you 88-out a new character your guy sucks

I only watched the trailer for MyCareer, did they mention anything in the hour long cast that wasn't obvious from the reel?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Duggler posted:

I play so much my league that I accumulate hundreds of thousands of VC each year and have nothing to spend it on. MyTeam is so poo poo that I won't even waste it on packs and MyCareer involves so much badge grinding that even if you 88-out a new character your guy sucks

I only watched the trailer for MyCareer, did they mention anything in the hour long cast that wasn't obvious from the reel?

No the hour long broadcast was basically the trailer and then stupid interviews with assholes and nba players walking a generic myplayer guy around the stupid neighborhood while they sucked each other off.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Lockback posted:

Just doing the daily mobile app thing gave me enough vc that I mostly didn't care. I didn't want my mycareer guy to get too good too fast, and myTeam just worked better using it's own currency. I didn't play online though.

Same and honestly if MyPlayer is in the mid to high 70s im already dominating "realistically". I never got the appeal of wanting a 99 avatar I cant imagine the game not being terribly boring

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

so instead of streamlining the interface and dumbass poo poo in between actually playing now they've expanded all of that poo poo to an entire city you have to deal with just to play basketball? Jesus loving christ

Not to mention they've yet to produce an online experience that works correctly without a poo poo-ton of input lag and disconnects even with the meager demands of just playing a loving basketball game with two players. MyPark has never worked right and that was just some courts floating in a void, now they're trying to do a city? God almighty

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah it's going to be poo poo on PlayStation and Xbox where everyone is but the switch is going to be good as hell

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

It's going to be so good on God's console, the Nintendo Switch

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Maybe we should all get it on PC this time :D

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

AggressivelyStupid posted:

It's going to be so good on God's console, the Nintendo Switch

I can't wait to play a few games after my weekly scheduled Midnight Basketball Under the Highway

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Most Authentic version of the game ever.

https://twitter.com/2kleaks/status/903707888643801088

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I wonder if the NBA Injury R3port guy is writing for the game this year. He's liked inquiring tweets but no confirmation or denial yet

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Really excited to play fetch quests in a basketball game. Good job 2K

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Hey its a full game of 2k18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKAnBtsbNMo

5:18 :aaa:

The Duggler fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 1, 2017

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

The Duggler posted:

Maybe we should all get it on PC this time :D

As long as you don't mind not playing Park/Pro-Am without playing against body horror monstrosities that have 99 to all stats, it's not bad on PC.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

So it seems like 2k18 isn't digital only for the switch, it's just the early edition is digital only. Make sure you've got an SD card, it's apparently 25gigs~

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Make sure to have like another 5 or 6 gigs for saves and content + ? For patches

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Sep 2, 2017

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
full archetype list:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Seltzer posted:

bike past the haters on your Schwinn.

New thread subtitle, please.

Unless the 2k18 prelude blows away my expectations, I think I'm gonna keep my Live 18 pre-order. The more Live sells, the better (hopefully) both games will get in the future.

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer
So again with the cheesy back story? I have to be an Ex-DJ? And then come is an undrafted free agent which will mess up the first year stats no doubt. And am i right that you get to pick which team you play on?? This is the worst.. I like being drafted as a rookie and then having to spend some time playing for a scrub team, otherwise i will just pick one of my favourite teams.

I have been looking through the gameplay stuff so far and am yet to determine whether we it still includes unskippable speeches from the coach every timeout. That is honestly my biggest gripe, i know it only takes a few seconds but if i have to hear that fuckwit say one of the same 5 things on repeat again I am gonna lose my poo poo.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Counterpoint gently caress getting drafted by the kings et al

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah undrafted free agency is the route to go

I like the idea of a player going undrafted then needing to prove worth in summer league. games to get a contract.

As there's sill a bug as I've been drafted by a team while the pick that was normally made is also on the team

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
From the little bits I've seen I kinda like this story.

And yea, gently caress the draft, it always just results in a season where I'm just wondering when I'll get to request a trade.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If I can still have the game decide a team for me based on whatever metrics they decide to use in the story, I'm okay with the UDFA path as long as it's told properly.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Next year's story mode should be an adaptation of Thunderstruck

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
The previous years where you were a UDFA always made more sense to me than being a high school phenomenon who is highly recruited, dominates in college, gets picked top 5 only to be rated in the 50s and playing four minutes a game for the first two months.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Camping.. Intense! posted:

That is honestly my biggest gripe, i know it only takes a few seconds but if i have to hear that fuckwit say one of the same 5 things on repeat again I am gonna lose my poo poo.

THERE IS ONE GUY DOING ALL THE WORK OUT THERE

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

tanglewood1420 posted:

The previous years where you were a UDFA always made more sense to me than being a high school phenomenon who is highly recruited, dominates in college, gets picked top 5 only to be rated in the 50s and playing four minutes a game for the first two months.

Yea it helps MY IMMERSION plus I'm not weirdly pushing out an established star because a team that doesn't need me inexplicably takes me

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Ordered my Switch pro controller and microsd card. Now I just need to figure out if I want to spring for the $100 version over the $60. I want to get into MyTeam his year and support gumslinger

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

zelah posted:

Ordered my Switch pro controller and microsd card. Now I just need to figure out if I want to spring for the $100 version over the $60. I want to get into MyTeam his year and support gumslinger

What micro sd card did you get?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

tanglewood1420 posted:

Yea going from "THIS KID IS THE RISING STAR TO WATCH HE'S GONNA BE THE NEW GOAT" to "You get five minutes, if you're lucky, and get ready for all your poo poo to get destroyed" is way more weird than 'alright you're kinda a risky pick let's see how you do in small doses'.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Spacebump posted:

What micro sd card did you get?

Samsung 64GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME64GA/AM) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XX29S9Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_wlfRzbTVJ8EVR

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Camping.. Intense! posted:

So again with the cheesy back story? I have to be an Ex-DJ? And then come is an undrafted free agent which will mess up the first year stats no doubt. And am i right that you get to pick which team you play on?? This is the worst.. I like being drafted as a rookie and then having to spend some time playing for a scrub team, otherwise i will just pick one of my favourite teams.

I have been looking through the gameplay stuff so far and am yet to determine whether we it still includes unskippable speeches from the coach every timeout. That is honestly my biggest gripe, i know it only takes a few seconds but if i have to hear that fuckwit say one of the same 5 things on repeat again I am gonna lose my poo poo.

The last time they did this it was really good. You didn't pick your team, you'd get 10-day contract offers from a handful of teams with varying interest in signing you long term. You could also not take the first 1-year deal you might get offered (usually after a couple 10-day deals) if you want to hold out for a better team. Plus then you get true free agency after the first year, which is fun.

Your rookie stats get messed up but oh well. It's better than the alternative.

Ideally I wish the backstory was lighter and they offered multiple scenarios for mycareer, like blue Chip prospect, fringe draft guy, etc.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
This is like the 2k15 story, right? I heard that was probably the best of the last 3 years.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

So how do I buy the early tip off digital switch version? The 2k store only has PC download and their switch version comes out several days after the other platforms.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Asked on twitter and this is not the response I was expecting

https://twitter.com/2ksupport/status/904870391595794433

Aren't companies usually disproportionately interested in preorders? Seems like a weird thing to not know anything about this close to launch.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A lot of american companies are incredibly wary of the Switch despite the success.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The Wii had massive success, and then no one bought software besides Mario Kart, Zelda, and Mario games.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Wasn't that more because the Wii was horrifically underpowered/gimmicky compared to the other consoles? Switch has basically the same buttons and is at least closer on hardware.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I'm not sure if this article has been posted yet, but there's some interesting info about the Switch version. The most notable piece of information is that the physical copy of the game doesn't release on Switch until October 17th, almost a full month later than the digital version.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/n...campaign=buffer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dexo posted:

The Wii had massive success, and then no one bought software besides Mario Kart, Zelda, and Mario games.

Who would have guessed people wouldn't be lining up for all the shovel ware that was launched on the Wii?

ihatepants posted:

I'm not sure if this article has been posted yet, but there's some interesting info about the Switch version. The most notable piece of information is that the physical copy of the game doesn't release on Switch until October 17th, almost a full month later than the digital version.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/n...campaign=buffer

Tempted to wait because of school and not wanting to buy an SD card. Worried they might cancel it if it doesn't sell enough digitally. Doesn't it require you to use SD cards even if you have the cart version? Or was wherever I read that misinformed?

"No Amiibo Support
Don't expect Mario and Yoshi to take the court with Kyrie Irving and Steph Curry. Visual Concepts told me they don't have Amiibo functionality in the game at this time. However, this can always be added later in a game update should they choose."
Makes sense but sad.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 5, 2017

• Locked thread