Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

I'm dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm gonna take the plunge. I got into Destiny 1 right around when I got married and now I'm gonna buy loving D2 right before I have my first child. Reserve a slot for me in the PS4 Rad Dad Crew and I'll figure out how to join later.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mr. Unlucky posted:

why did they have to get so loving safe with exotics? are the only fun exotics going to be those first few in destiny year 1 that slipped under the radar and were actually good and that's it for the rest of the series? the standout in D2 is mida which was always just "generic good scout rifle" and it gets substantially duller from there. there isn't a single interesting perk on any of these loving things, this is retarded, why even bother playing if there's nothing to aim for?

oh boy handcannon readies slightly faster, HOW loving EXOTIC MY GAMEPLAY IS CHANGING SO MUCH THIS IS SO FUN. arc ability kills charge arc abilities slightly faster woah hold the loving phone I've never seen anything like that on dozens of generic purples no one ever gave a poo poo about. this is safe and boring as gently caress and just another wrong direction they're taking with the series. anything that can make their jobs easier they do, and most of it makes the game worse but who cares. there's no balance problem if everything is lovely and boring, smart work guys!

oh wait this isnt a dark souls style loot game anymore it's some whacky CoD bro poo poo where everything has the same stats so you dont need to do no complicated figurin' the only thing we like more than cayde is walls of lovely gifs from the human being krew.

I think you'll find that they are superior .gifv my friend

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

6/10 meltdown merely legendary

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Mr. Unlucky posted:

why did they have to get so loving safe with exotics? are the only fun exotics going to be those first few in destiny year 1 that slipped under the radar and were actually good and that's it for the rest of the series? the standout in D2 is mida which was always just "generic good scout rifle" and it gets substantially duller from there. there isn't a single interesting perk on any of these loving things, this is retarded, why even bother playing if there's nothing to aim for?

oh boy handcannon readies slightly faster, HOW loving EXOTIC MY GAMEPLAY IS CHANGING SO MUCH THIS IS SO FUN. arc ability kills charge arc abilities slightly faster woah hold the loving phone I've never seen anything like that on dozens of generic purples no one ever gave a poo poo about. this is safe and boring as gently caress and just another wrong direction they're taking with the series. anything that can make their jobs easier they do, and most of it makes the game worse but who cares. there's no balance problem if everything is lovely and boring, smart work guys!

oh wait this isnt a dark souls style loot game anymore it's some whacky CoD bro poo poo where everything has the same stats so you dont need to do no complicated figurin' the only thing we like more than cayde is walls of lovely gifs from the human being krew.

are you the dark souls of posters

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

because its hard to balance Interesting and Fun with avoiding a situation where certain guns become mandatory. you know in your heart that if a gun is demonstrably better than others in a situation or gives some kind of advantage you cant get from elsewhere (touch & spindle for example) then moon wizard autists start drawing up excel spreadsheets and using words like 'throughput' to justify why lazer gun X is a must-have and dont even try to get into my raid without it you goddamn nerd

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Real exotics should offer bottle service.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mr. Unlucky posted:

human being

You seam very upset about how other people have sexual intercourse.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Source your quote

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

deadwing posted:

Source your quote

his quote is himself my man

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Sir would you like to try a Vanilla fr0st-EE

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

AAB posted:

this emote is gonna get some decent mileage

Oh my god lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The salt emote is good but the one where your guardian puts on a t shirt that says "Real Men Eat rear end" is slightly better

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
IMO when you get an exotic, it should email you a coupon for free MTN DEW and Doritos.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
hey so nothing you have or do in D1 will matter for D2 unless you like 100% all content or whatever, right?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SniperWoreConverse posted:

hey so nothing you have or do in D1 will matter for D2 unless you like 100% all content or whatever, right?

Partial completion and full completion of three Record Books will give you some emblems in D2.

Year 1, year 2, and Age of Triumph. (6 emblems possible)

Also if you got grimoire over 5,000 you get an emblem that says you're probably bad at PvP

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Straight from reddit guy who translate for french canadian guy (lots of spoilers on amount of content):

There are 51 exotic items total, this excludes possibly hidden exotics. For example, ones from the raid and those like the Black Spindle etc.
18 exotic weapons, including 16 new and 2 old ones (modified)
11 exotic armors per class for a total of 33, so 7-8 new and 3-4 old ones per class
and of course no "3 of coins" (not sure what he means there?)
6 strikes. One is exclusive to PS4 so 5+1, each of the strike contains exclusive strike loot + normal loot
Armor mods are obtained in "bright" engrams and through trading with Banshee-44
There are over a hundred legendary weapons to loot, not including the armors, of course
And he also adds in another comment:
In the guide it says 6 available (note: he's still talking about strikes) on the 6th of September but more to come, so I imagine that they're gonna add more with updates. If I'm not mistaken, Deej had already talked about ten-ish.
Regarding the missions/quests:
17 main missions with a lot of plot and many cutscenes. It's way better than D1 with its 7-8 main missions and 2-3 lovely cutscenes.
Skipping some of his rambling, the post continues with:
30-ish secondary missions + world quest. Seriously it's way more than D1
Regarding World Quests:
There are 4 world quests, each split into 4 missions for a total of 16 missions (this is not including the main PvE missions btw)
More stuff here, regarding "hidden missions":
you should know that hidden/secret missions are not listed. What I do know is there is something hidden and players must find 2 keys. It doesn't say where or what it unlocks.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The salt emote is good but the one where your guardian puts on a t shirt that says "Real Men Eat rear end" is slightly better

gently caress I should have preordered the deluxe edition

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Partial completion and full completion of three Record Books will give you some emblems in D2.

Year 1, year 2, and Age of Triumph. (6 emblems possible)

Also if you got grimoire over 5,000 you get an emblem that says you're probably bad at PvP

Smith said there would be "something else" for returning players on top of the emblems but hasn't spoken any more as to what that is

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'll never love any of these exotics as much as frostees

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Kinda weird how the destiny community is treating 'amount of content in the game' as a spoiler.

Javes fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 1, 2017

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Okay, so there is no Rad Raid Brigade. How do I join the Big Dum Space Mans clan? I can find it on the website but not in the companion app, and there's no option to join. Do I need to leave my current clan first?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Javes posted:

Kinda weird how the destiny community is treating 'amount of content in the gane' as a spoiler.

Check out this game's AOCING, it's insane!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

LawfulWaffle posted:

Okay, so there is no Rad Raid Brigade. How do I join the Big Dum Space Mans clan? I can find it on the website but not in the companion app, and there's no option to join. Do I need to leave my current clan first?

you can only be in one clan at a time and the website is broken. also, Big Dum is full so now you'll need to join Bigger Dumber because this idiot trash system has member limits

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

Mr. Unlucky posted:

triggered much?

http://i.imgur.com/UYE0PcM.gifv

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

borat movie

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

hell yeah the weed number

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Quit gettin' mad at video games.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/K5L4lyh.gifv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lol he's using human being as a pejorative in 2017, not realizing it's actually a compliment now

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol he's using human being as a pejorative in 2017, not realizing it's actually a compliment now

being this socially clueless means you miss out crackin a few beers with the boys

http://i.imgur.com/lxNjfON.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/CkqJCcY.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/kbNBG3L.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/u44gexy.gifv

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

xzzy posted:

Quit gettin' mad at video games.

And when the hell was it ever like dark souls? :psyduck:

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

LawfulWaffle posted:

OP, can we get the Dad thing removed from the first post and have the Bigger, Dumber Space Mans added? This will help reduce confusion.

Thanks!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DrNutt posted:

And when the hell was it ever like dark souls? :psyduck:

[Pc thread voice] yeah it's way more like diablo

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/P2qYgx2.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/ATwfAA5.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Insane Totoro posted:

OP, can we get the Dad thing removed from the first post and have the Bigger, Dumber Space Mans added? This will help reduce confusion.

Thanks!

im not searching through this poo poo to find it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Pc thread voice] yeah it's way more like diablo

[extremely PC voice] Can't wait until there's mods that let me bypass all of the fun game stuff as well as interacting with other people.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

Insane Totoro posted:

Thanks!

this will help reduce confusion

http://i.imgur.com/UFN6oiw.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gentleman Blogger
Sep 19, 2003

directions make no sense in the grand scheme of things.
Filled out all the BONE KREW stuff, because I want to meet hot dudes in swimsuits and play SPAHSS BARBEEES (which is like SPAHSS MAHREEENS but less nerdy and way more gay) with them. Can't wait to get down. I was in GoTC last time, but it didn't do me any good, as no one ever wanted to play. Or at least weren't hot dudes.