Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Chilichimp posted:

If you're in SM, I strongly insist that you farm cold Han.

There's not a lot of times in this game where your actions lead directly to rewards for your guild-mates, but this is one of those times. Everyone should be switching their Cantina farm to cold Han, unless you're within a few days of finishing off a project.

Basically, the more people who have him, the more ROLO shards everyone gets as we start completing that mission.

Man, I bought that stupid $10 pack for him without realizing it doesn't even give you enough shards to unlock him. Oh well, halfway there I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

RC Cola posted:

QGJ folk. Vets should wait a few hours before throwing anything into platoon. If you play frequently, maybe wait until there's a few hours left to throw guys in platoon. It also lets newbies feel like they're contributing more/their clone wars chewie is probably weaker than yours. Aka yours is worth more to deploy.

Quoting this for the next page.

I have a lovely Chirrut, for example. Let me burn him on the platoon instead of someone using theirs whom they might need.

This will get a lot harder the farther along we go but, on the early phases, vets definitely would be helping everybody if they hold off to deploy platoons.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

tadashi posted:

Quoting this for the next page.

I have a lovely Chirrut, for example. Let me burn him on the platoon instead of someone using theirs whom they might need.

This will get a lot harder the farther along we go but, on the early phases, vets definitely would be helping everybody if they hold off to deploy platoons.

You can put a dude in a platoon and still use him for missions, the restriction is that a single player can only put 10 guys in platoons and there seems to be at most 1 slot per hero. If veterans "waste" their slots on clone wars chewie and lando then we are less likely to fill in obscure slots.

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?
Everyone laughed at me when I 7* coruscant underworld police and ughnaut, well who's laughing now?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DotyManX posted:

Everyone laughed at me when I 7* coruscant underworld police and ughnaut, well who's laughing now?

It's still us, bro. So hard.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Ineptitude posted:

You can put a dude in a platoon and still use him for missions

I've read the opposite. I'm going to need to confirm that tomorrow.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I am quite sure I was not able to put characters in platoons that I used for the missions.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Should I use my strongest team in the mission now or wait? Also after the missions, I assume I should dump everyone into the platoon, is that right?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

MichiganCubbie posted:

Should I use my strongest team in the mission now or wait? Also after the missions, I assume I should dump everyone into the platoon, is that right?

I think the idea is to use the most commonly owned characters that are also strong enough to finish the mission in the missions. So if you have a g12 7* hrsoldier... Maybe don't use that since that may be needed for platoons and almost no one has it.

Similarly, (guessing here) if you're in Maulful then you can probably use CLS in missions since I think a lot of Maulful has CLS, but qgs goons may want to hold him for platoon.

Or I'm totally wrong.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
In P1, just use your two strongest light-side teams.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

:discourse:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

did you make this? it's amazing

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
It started off as a conversation I had with a friend but set it to pictures.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
So, it appears that the ROLO special mission requires 7* Cold solo and 7* Hoth Rebel Soldier.

So many people threw money at this game to have them at 5* and eligible day one of phase 3. Guess that's not happening. Bait and switch debacle lol.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mister Blueberry posted:

So, it appears that the ROLO special mission requires 7* Cold solo and 7* Hoth Rebel Soldier.

So many people threw money at this game to have them at 5* and eligible day one of phase 3. Guess that's not happening. Bait and switch debacle lol.

These devs are loving stupid.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Chilichimp posted:

These devs are loving stupid.

Worst of all, is them trying to put the blame on the gamechangers, even though devs appeared on the videos, and they never corrected even once the assumption of the 5* requirement.

Arena has been crashing regularly for me after the update, with the attempt lost. Got sniped out of top 50 yesterday because of that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hey Cactus, kick chilialt outta The Roccinante, I'm done with that test.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Whoa, TB Combat Missions got difficult quick. Can't get past 4/6 in wave 2.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I only beat one today.

Also, a jedi team with high tenacity would be pretty sweet.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Chilichimp posted:

Also, a jedi team with high tenacity would be pretty sweet.
Im gonna try this. Just need to unshit my jedi toons

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

QGJ really needs to start heroic tank raids soon. If you don't have Kenobi you might as well not even bother with GW.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
They've been doing it faster and faster, so my guess it they're getting close to being able to move on to Heroic.

Also, yes, GW loving blows these days. My node 11 usually contains a CLS, and my node 12 is almost always CLS + Thrawn + R2 + Nihilus + Kenobi.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I auto GW to node 10 then reset. Miss out on 400 get bucks a day but its worth it. It's weird cause GW was the funnest part of the game when I started playing but now it's either too easy or impossibly hard. No middle ground.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

gently caress thrawn

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Tom Smykowski posted:

gently caress thrawn

:(

UmOk posted:

I auto GW to node 10 then reset. Miss out on 400 get bucks a day but its worth it. It's weird cause GW was the funnest part of the game when I started playing but now it's either too easy or impossibly hard. No middle ground.

Yeah, same here. Used to be my favorite part, now it's zero fun. Some days I just do the one needed for Daily Activities, and can't be bother to do more. I try not to let that happen, but it's not worth the haul some times.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

:(

Yeah, same here. Used to be my favorite part, now it's zero fun. Some days I just do the one needed for Daily Activities, and can't be bother to do more. I try not to let that happen, but it's not worth the haul some times.

Pro tip: you don't even have to do one. Just start it and retreat.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Phoenix team is good for Combat mission. Wiggs too, with K2SO and Scarif as tanks. If you have "Not-Kyle-Katarn" he works well with K2SO, although there are probably even better options out there.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

Only Thrawn 1. 2 to 527 are cool :3:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Tom Smykowski posted:

Only Thrawn 1. 2 to 527 are cool :3:

Whew. :hfive:

Anders posted:

Phoenix team is good for Combat mission. Wiggs too, with K2SO and Scarif as tanks. If you have "Not-Kyle-Katarn" he works well with K2SO, although there are probably even better options out there.

Who's "Not-Kyle-Katarn"? Cassian?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Yeah, I kinda want to know who not Kyle Katarn is too.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
He's talking about Cassian, you guys.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Can I get some help figuring out my Rebel teams for TB missions? I can do CLS/R2/Wiggs/Leia and I guess the next best thing I have is some combination of AA/STH/Old Ben/Farm boy and Raid Han? Is Kanan better than Old Ben outside of a Phoenix squad?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 1, 2017

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful guildies: please focus your deploys on the upper region (Ion Cannon). Also, don't slack off doing your fights, this isn't like the rancor or tank, we need everyone to participate.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

thrawn527 posted:

Whew. :hfive:

Who's "Not-Kyle-Katarn"? Cassian?

Han Solo. :colbert:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Yhea, Cassian. I couldn't remember his name and didn't bother to check either. K2SO is "not-HK-47" for future reference. And I might just call Jyn for Jan.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes: Deploy LAST, gently caress Platoons that want 4* Logray

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Inimicul posted:

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes: Deploy LAST, gently caress Platoons that want 4* Logray

And Millennium Falcon, and Cassian's U-wing. Thankfully we were able to get at least 4/6 on all the platoons.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

And Millennium Falcon, and Cassian's U-wing. Thankfully we were able to get at least 4/6 on all the platoons.

And Paploo.

We didn't finish platoons in any of the P3 zones.

reminder: the new Ewoks aren't even available in Chromiums yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
So, what should the new first zeta recommendation be for new players and alts? zFinn? One of the reworked rebels?