Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Shear Modulus posted:

you use it as an excuse to arrest anyone who looks suspicious op

all you have to do is calmly and rationally explain to the cop that you are not antifa, you are in fact a registered demAGHHHH MY FACE MY EYES I CANT SEE AGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Slugnoid posted:

how do you 'ban' antifa anyway? isnt it just the state of being anti-fascist? like a cop could walk up to you and say "are you antifa!" and you just say lol no im not.

unless they make protesting while wearing a black hoodie illegal, in which case you just turn up in a red one or something.

it'll be the hoodies and bandanas.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Al! posted:

all you have to do is calmly and rationally explain to the cop that you are not antifa, you are in fact a registered demAGHHHH MY FACE MY EYES I CANT SEE AGGHHHHHHHHHHH

wear tactical cammies and carry a gun and they'll buddy up with you in no time.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
show up to the next rally in white polos and tan pants just to confuse the poo poo out of everyone

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Instead of ignoring the victims of fascist violence, they're going to start arresting them

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Inescapable Duck posted:

Instead of ignoring the victims of fascist violence, they're going to start arresting them

and then they'll just arrest anyone who isn't a fascist because if you're not with them you're against them

oh dang that's the endgame isn't it

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Admiral Ray posted:

wear tactical cammies and carry a gun and they'll buddy up with you in no time.

time to dig out the red/black urban camo from my big boss cosplay

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Metal Gear Solid was a documentary.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
what if antifa, were president...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Montasque posted:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://theintercept.com/2017/08/31/antifa-violence-gives-far-right-provocateurs-crave/

lol the specter of a militant left terrifies even the intrepid gumshoes at the intercept. i wonder if pierre and jeff bezos chat on the reg?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Montasque posted:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Kjoery posted:

speaking of, does anyone here have some helpful statistics & graphs such as:

that help put into context the sheer absurdity of the "both sides" claim that keeps coming up?

i mean, im fairly certain that a couple smashed windows & that one limo that got set on fire don't compare at all to the history of prejudice-motivated murder & abortion clinic bombing/shooting that has, and still, occurs, but clean stats are really nice when arguing these things.

Someone would just argue that chart lacks relevant data because the rise in militant leftism happened after 2015.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

cargo cult posted:

https://theintercept.com/2017/08/31/antifa-violence-gives-far-right-provocateurs-crave/

lol the specter of a militant left terrifies even the intrepid gumshoes at the intercept. i wonder if pierre and jeff bezos chat on the reg?

lee fang's debate on delete your account was hilarious

it was just whataboutism after whataboutism ("what about the surveillance state!") and a demonstration that he has no idea about the background of most antifascist activists

"I know there are nazis marching in the street, but what about the sale of weapons by raytheon to the saudi government?"

libertarians are such boring worthless trash

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
say lets check in on Jake Paul and what he's doing lately

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/08/jake-paul-mobbed-by-fans-while-buying-harvey-supplies.html

quote:

Jake Paul Is Having a Hard Time Saving People From Hurricane Harvey Because His Fans Keep Getting in the Way
By Madison Malone Kircher

After bidding his friends and family a dramatic and tasteless farewell — Hurricane Harvey has killed over 30 people — and setting off on the “dangerous mission” of driving from California to Houston to “save lives,” Jake Paul arrived in Texas this week. But his attempts to buy supplies and load up U-Haul trucks to bring to Harvey victims were tempered by his legion of fans who showed up, in droves, at the San Antonio Wal-Mart where Paul was shopping. An army of Jake Paulers — which is, admittedly a slightly better stan name than the Logangsters, who are fans of Paul’s brother Logan — took over the store parking lot. (These are the same fans who often mobbed Paul’s street at his house in L.A., prompting his neighbors to file a formal complaint against the social-media star.)

Video from KENS-5 shows Paul standing on top of his truck and yelling at the crowd and telling them they are behaving like “animals.” “Everyone calm down, we’re not here for a meet and greet,” Paul said. “We’re here to get supplies to the people in Hurricane Harvey. How are we going to help them if you guys are like … punching each other.” His pleas for people to “evacuate” appeared to go completely unheeded.

A second video from KENS-5 — a Texas news outlet that certainly shouldn’t have to be covering a social-media star wreaking havoc amid a genuine crisis — also shows Paul leaning out the side of his truck trying to push fans out of the way so the vehicle could drive off. A different video, posted on YouTube by a Team 10 (Paul’s social-media incubator) fan account, shows the truck driving away with fans clinging to it and to the Jet Skis and trailer attached to the back. (The same video also claims Paul ran over several fans and later shows emergency services in the Wal-Mart parking lot.) KEN- 5 reports 20 police officers were called to the scene to control the chaos. The fire department was also called after someone started setting off fireworks.

DramaAlert, a popular YouTube account devoted to intra-YouTube drama, notes that the Wal-Mart was so inundated by Jake Paulers that the entire store was forced to shut down. Meanwhile, the latest from Paul himself is short clip on his Instagram Story of Jet Skis floating in floodwaters. “Update, still going,” Paul says in the video.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

cargo cult posted:

lol why is every media outlet pushing this line at once now, did orders come down from their paymasters or something

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Someone would just argue that chart lacks relevant data because the rise in militant leftism happened after 2015.

Weird that the number for 2016 is 0, and the number for 2017 is still 0, but you're going to whine about meanies making GBS threads on your toilet bowl arguments.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

how come dems arent condemning jake paulers?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

business hammocks posted:

It's that ghoul who made a career saying Millennials are too coddled and self-centered to live happy lives, I guess trying to turn a corner in her stalling career by ginning up some boomer terror at the new kids.

"Hmmm yes children experienced a rapid decline in mental health and general well-being in 2008 and haven't really recovered. What happened in 2008 that would affect a child's sense of safety and comfort? The iphone 3G! Of course! It's all so obvious!"

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/903387307402608640

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Al! posted:

lol why is every media outlet pushing this line at once now, did orders come down from their paymasters or something

news outlets follow trends. washington post started it now they're all doing it.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Darkman Fanpage posted:

how come dems arent condemning jake paulers?

Jake Paul is america's first warlord

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
doesnt jake pauls LA house just scream statutory rape?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Al! posted:

russian bots have been hammering "antifa are the real nazis" almost immediately after charlottesville happened and everyone who runs the media is a prime target for that kind of propaganda

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Montasque posted:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

oh man that y-axis :kisses fingers:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Al! posted:

american media is very excited to tell you the pros and cons about having an openly fascist government!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sG1oC4RG7E

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

as someone who clearly doesn't live in a world of fantasy, i

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Who the gently caress is Jake Paul?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

KomradeX posted:

Someone popular with the kids. He's on the YouTubes, ya see.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

*unreal tournment voice* MIIIIISTER DAPPERTON

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

KomradeX posted:

he's to trump as trump was to reagan

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Lot going on here

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

im the verified check mark next to his name

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://youtu.be/xMd_W4uzyYk

youtube was a mistake.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Over Easy posted:

I'm getting deep into my 30s and I don't get anything on this page but it seems to have a lot to do with this

we're the last generation that got ridiculed and stigmatized for living on the Internet

new generation is introverted af

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Admiral Ray posted:

american media is very excited to tell you the pros and cons about having an openly fascist government!

america was a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
2019: Jake Paul compound in Neo Los Angeles destroyed by CyberTrump