Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You know the XBOne was a trainwreck from the announcement date but it certainly wasn't helped along by all their console exclusive properties deciding to suck in unison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Some people in the Switch thread mentioned that the PS3 port of No More Heroes is pretty bad, is it actually bad or just Nintendo fanboys?
Assume I'd much rather play it on a proper controller rather than dumb waggle.

You should play the Wii version because the waggle is doing sword moves to behead people and stopping periodically to jack off which replenishes your energy meter

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Some people in the Switch thread mentioned that the PS3 port of No More Heroes is pretty bad, is it actually bad or just Nintendo fanboys?
Assume I'd much rather play it on a proper controller rather than dumb waggle.

The game itself is mediocre at best. The port is kinda poor though with bad load times.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Facebook told me that it is, or would have been, my previous cat's birthday today. Please join me in remembering him.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
A good cat is a dead cat.
Happy birthday!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

HoboNews posted:

A good cat is a dead cat.
Happy birthday!

Wow hella rude

My condolences about your cat, I don't know what your particular religious beliefs are but I want you to know that regardless of said beliefs, your cat is no longer in any pain and does not suffere and this is a sad occasion for sure, Lizard Wizard, but remember that your cat loves you very much and that nothing is going to change the memories and experiences you shared together. Your cat will always be your cat and you'll always be able to take comfort in knowing that for the brief period of time your cat was on this planet, that you were able to be his friend.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I dropped out of playing DA:I about six or seven hours in to start Witcher 3. I feel like I made a good decision, and I still haven't done Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine yet

:same:

except it was 6 or 7 minutes

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
That cat just wanted to game. Cats are great and I'm glad you gave him a good life. Hopefully you're ready to give another cat a good life.

Cats are some of the best friends.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

idk if I could live with myself if I paid money for a game and played it for 5 minutes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

glam rock hamhock posted:

I'm sort of interested in DR4 but that's because a ton the things that made DR unique didn't really appeal to me

i mean by far the best part of dead rising was the psychopaths and they've just entirely gotten rid of those so i don't know why you'd bother at this point even if you didn't like the time limit, dead rising's core combat isn't good enough to carry an entire game without anything backing it up

like with dr4 i can't even hate it for changing that stuff as much as i just can't imagine how loving boring the game must be without it

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 1, 2017

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

idk if I could live with myself if I paid money for a game and played it for 5 minutes

Is five minutes a lot of time or a little bit of time by your standards?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I've been holding out pretty well.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Wow hella rude

In his defense it's very true because he was nothing if not a good cat.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Update: U4 didn't glitch out. Found the thing I needed so I don't have to restart. It just didn't have the line of dialogue and restarting glitched the wall but the thing was in fact in an enemy crate.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
today i'm going to finish the second-to-last chapter in trails of cold steel and eat pizza

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm glad you got it. Cats are cool. Dogs are cool too.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/OhPoorPup/status/857131811717222401

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

exquisite tea posted:

You know the XBOne was a trainwreck from the announcement date but it certainly wasn't helped along by all their console exclusive properties deciding to suck in unison.

The Xboxone would be a hell of a console if it was still 2007/8.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dawn is breaking.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

It reads more like he's saying that the only good cat is a dead one

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I honestly don't really like animated depictions of cats, unless they are rather realistic. Don't know why, but real cats just seem cuter than cartoon caricatures of them.

Also, I figure this might be the place to ask, so are there any good browser games that were made this year so far?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I didn't play Nioh so until I looked that up on youtube with sound I never realized it was the man saying that and not the cat itself

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TftUoKFNKcg

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

I didn't play Nioh so until I looked that up on youtube with sound I never realized it was the man saying that and not the cat itself

I haven't played Nioh (and never will unless it gets a PC release because I don't have a ps4) and I found out that while it's the guy saying the words, it's the cat that causes him to say them.

Turns out that historically there's a thing about cats eyes being used as a sorta clock where you look at their eyes and you can tell very roughly what time it is based on how dilated their pupils are. So it's not just some random thing the game made up hahaha

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Lizard Wizard posted:

Facebook told me that it is, or would have been, my previous cat's birthday today. Please join me in remembering him.

I like your cat. I don't know if there's an afterlife but I'm going to imagine that your cat and mine are hanging out together somewhere. (Probably getting into fights because my cat was a dick.)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I have multiple games I've never even taken out of the packaging. Metaphorically in some cases since they're digital.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I haven't played Nioh (and never will unless it gets a PC release because I don't have a ps4) and I found out that while it's the guy saying the words, it's the cat that causes him to say them.

Turns out that historically there's a thing about cats eyes being used as a sorta clock where you look at their eyes and you can tell very roughly what time it is based on how dilated their pupils are. So it's not just some random thing the game made up hahaha

That probably only works if the cat isn't tucked under a shirt

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

That probably only works if the cat isn't tucked under a shirt

Probably, but I still love the idea of some serious medieval guy just opening up his coat to reveal a cat snuggled up in there so he can check the time.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I've read this about three times and each time I find something new to hate

https://twitter.com/textfiles/status/903663357210841088

there's some great DMs in his feed that he got from some like discord fan squad member? it's amazing

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nioh's combat mixed with Bloodborne's world/stage construction would be a great game. I couldn't finish Nioh because a lot of levels were very plain.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

an actual dog posted:

there's some great DMs in his feed that he got from some like discord fan squad member? it's amazing

TINGLE ASKED YOU NOT TO STEAL THEM, WHAT A CROOK

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

an actual dog posted:

I can't believe they stole Tingle's magic words, what the gently caress

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
I keep reading the thread title as Septembryo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

AM2R gets shut down but this gets to stand

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

quote:

I hope I get to see your beautiful face again. My magic is powered by your love.

Springle, that is inappropriate language.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

is the account @springle_sexts taken yet

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

an actual dog posted:

I refuse to believe a man who wears that kind of hat is a stranger to crushing rejection.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't mind the springle thing because, near as I can tell, that is a rejection letter for a partner position which is just a special kind of account thing and isn't an occupation or paid position or anything along those lines.

Though messing it up as "without further adieu" instead of "ado" is :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't mind the springle thing because, near as I can tell, that is a rejection letter for a partner position which is just a special kind of account thing and isn't an occupation or paid position or anything along those lines.

Though messing it up as "without further adieu" instead of "ado" is :laffo:

It's regarding a business relationship and should be written by an adult for an adult.

Phantasium posted:

TINGLE ASKED YOU NOT TO STEAL THEM, WHAT A CROOK

I hope someone reports it to Nintendo as a copyright violation.

• Locked thread