Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

This is a Bad Derail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Who do you think you are, to deny your Lord?

dalereed is dead and faith died along with him.

Here's Harriet Tubman may not be on $20 bill after all posted by freeper Trump20162020

quote:

To: Trump20162020

The picture on the proposed $20 bill looks like a homeless bag lady off her meds.

5 posted on 8/31/2017, 12:16:42 PM by Governor Dinwiddie

Who wouldn't want this picture on their money!?

quote:

Depends on the picture they would use.

Knowing the Treasury Dept. they'd use a sour faced grandma portrait.

9 posted on 8/31/2017, 12:18:12 PM by Snickering Hound

quote:

Maybe they could do a 50/50 split in future printings. A pro-gun Republican who shot Democrats isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

15 posted on 8/31/2017, 12:22:39 PM by Stevenc131

"How about one of the good ones?"

quote:

Oh please, please let this go by the wayside!

Trump is right; pure PC.

If you’re going to tear down all us white people, at least put on blacks who REALLY did something majorly impactful, not just ferrying a few slaves (which shows it really is just about PC). I’d prefer Booker T or George Washington Carver, even our own local Benjamin Banneker.

24 posted on 8/31/2017, 12:31:51 PM by the OlLine Rebel (Common sense is an uncommon virtue./Federal-run medical care is as good as state-run DMVs.)

quote:

They should put her on the twenty... in Liberia.

25 posted on 8/31/2017, 12:32:13 PM by SpaceBar

:psyduck:

quote:

Harriet Tubman was a Republican, she was a strong believer in the Second Amendment, and she was a Christian. That is why they don’t want to put her on the $20 bill.

47 posted on 8/31/2017, 1:06:01 PM by forgotten man

quote:

I sure hope she’s not; I’d hate to have to do all my commercial transactions only with 5s and 10s...

54 posted on 8/31/2017, 1:21:18 PM by Redbob (W.W.J.B.D. - What Would Jack Bauer Do?)

Oh gently caress you.

quote:

Good. Now let’s get Robert E. Lee on the 20.

58 posted on 8/31/2017, 1:32:08 PM by ProtectOurFreedom

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
A bit of freeper mindset insight from an otherwise boring thread on the rumors of Trump ending DACA.

quote:

To: miss marmelstein

Some heads on FR will be exploding as well - you know, the folks who think Ivanka and Jared are in charge of the president’s brain.

I've have several posts telling them. it may be as simple as this: Trump is the President father who knows best and they are the children. He makes the rules and the children don't.

37 posted on 8/31/2017, 12:03:48 PM by Red Steel

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ If he really was "our father", CPS would have rounded up the kids and shipped them off to foster homes all ready

McGlockenshire posted:

Harriet Tubman was a Republican, she was a strong believer in the Second Amendment, and she was a Christian. That is why they don’t want to put her on the $20 bill.

47 posted on 8/31/2017, 1:06:01 PM by forgotten man

Forgotten man sure is forgetful. Freep went apeshit when this was first announced,

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Are there Freep threads where some announcement causes Freep to swing in the opposite direction and confused people from the original thread crash into them and have to explain why it's actually bad?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

chitoryu12 posted:

Are there Freep threads where some announcement causes Freep to swing in the opposite direction and confused people from the original thread crash into them and have to explain why it's actually bad?

Nah, they're pretty hive minded. When something causes them to change direction, they all do and the previous ideas are forgotten. Just look at Trump. They hated his guts a few years ago, now they praise him like the second coming.
Compaction cycles in dictatorships are a motherfucker

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

"Ferrying a few slaves" "did something"

I get wanting people who impacted things to a great degree on your notes, but rescuing people from actual slavery sorta sounds important. I mean not to a Freeper, I get that, but still.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

evilmiera posted:

"Ferrying a few slaves" "did something"

I get wanting people who impacted things to a great degree on your notes, but rescuing people from actual slavery sorta sounds important. I mean not to a Freeper, I get that, but still.

The same thread suggested putting a literal slave owner who fought a war to maintain slavery on the bill instead. It's pretty obvious what they consider to be heroic.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

McGlockenshire posted:

Who wouldn't want this picture on their money!?

quote:

Is this really one of the proposed designs, because that may well be the most awesome bit of currency I've ever seen in my life.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

quote:

I’d prefer Booker T or George Washington Carver, even our own local Benjamin Banneker.

I'd be down for some cash with Booker T on it.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

quote:

I think you could almost sell this one to freep, if you made the argument that it puts a gun on our money.

It would come down to what is stronger: their love of guns, or their fear of minorities with guns.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I want a slavery terminator on my money.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
There are two big threads on the Utah cop that arrested the nurse for refusing to follow his illegal orders (one, two). Almost nobody defended the cop, and those that did were very quickly and loudly shouted down, and it's done in such a loud and thorough way that it's really not worth replaying here.

Freep is amazingly aware of how abusive cops can be, and yet they'll back the cops completely if it's them against BLM.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

McGlockenshire posted:

There are two big threads on the Utah cop that arrested the nurse for refusing to follow his illegal orders (one, two). Almost nobody defended the cop, and those that did were very quickly and loudly shouted down, and it's done in such a loud and thorough way that it's really not worth replaying here.

Freep is amazingly aware of how abusive cops can be, and yet they'll back the cops completely if it's them against BLM.

It was a shitshow early on to be fair. These posts are just 😳:

quote:

Nurse needs to be fired and lose her credentials as soon as possible.

Possibly charged with aiding and abetting a crime after the fact as well.

8 posted on 01/09/2017, 18:41:43 by ifinnegan (Democrats kill babies and harvest their organs to sell)

This is just precious.

quote:

Did you know there are Democrat cops? There are cops that hate you, Trump, and everything you believe in but they’re still cops. I call these leftist cops who refuse to follow the law or make their own.

9 posted on 01/09/2017, 18:42:07 by lucky american (Progressives are attac Iking our rights and y'all will sit there and take it.)

quote:

Did you know there are Democrat cops?
Yes, they are government union employees.

Any demand to cut government spending, limit gold-plated benefits or increase accountability is a threat to these guys.

27 posted on 01/09/2017, 19:04:08 by Fido969 (IN!)

quote:

> Are you insane? The cop needs to be fired. <

What’s wrong with you?

Every command issued by a government official must be instantly obeyed! Instantly! It doesn’t matter if that order is confusing, or even illegal. It doesn’t even matter if the order violates the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution.

Warrants? Not necessary. Just obey.

29 posted on 01/09/2017, 19:05:45 by Leaning Right (I have already previewed or do not wish to preview this composition.)

I think this really brought out some of the freepiest freeps

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

jojoinnit posted:

quote:

Nurse needs to be fired and lose her credentials as soon as possible.

Possibly charged with aiding and abetting a crime after the fact as well.

8 posted on 01/09/2017, 18:41:43 by ifinnegan (Democrats kill babies and harvest their organs to sell)

I like this one a lot considering that the cop was just there because the department was looking to cover their rear end in case they got hit with damages for causing the car crash that put the bystander in the hospital.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

Well of course, she was a blond white lady. That's why the cop was wrong now, but wouldn't be while bashing the skull in of her colored/minority equivalent.

jojoinnit posted:

Did you know there are Democrat cops? There are cops that hate you, Trump, and everything you believe in but they’re still cops. I call these leftist cops who refuse to follow the law or make their own.

9 posted on 01/09/2017, 18:42:07 by lucky american (Progressives are attac Iking our rights and y'all will sit there and take it.)

This one's trying too hard. From his super original clever smart "leftist cops" to his hosed up sig line. I'd suspect the guy to be no more than 13 years old or a troll

quote:

What’s wrong with you?

Every command issued by a government official must be instantly obeyed! Instantly! It doesn’t matter if that order is confusing, or even illegal. It doesn’t even matter if the order violates the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution.

29 posted on 01/09/2017, 19:05:45 by Leaning Right (I have already previewed or do not wish to preview this composition.)

Lol, this one was mysteriously quiet for the past eight years...I wonder why

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 2, 2017

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Depending on Utah's state laws, resisting an unlawful arrest with force is completely legal. If you go back to the early 1900's, case law was made in Indiana that (and this is under some debate) you could go as far as taking the life of the officer. State to state, the resisting an unlawful arrest with force has different parameters, but no matter what, you're still rolling the dice, because cops are trained to kill subdue suspects that are resisting, so YMMV.

Slate Article

quote:

“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed.”

“An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. lf the arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.” Housh v. People, 75 111. 491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v. Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v Rousseau, 241 P. 2d 447; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

Sourced from: http://www.constitution.org/uslaw/defunlaw.htm

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

chitoryu12 posted:

Marijuana Laws seem to actually have a pretty firm split with them. On one side you have either "It's the devil's weed corrupting people into sin" and on the other you got "no government gonna tell me what to put in my body!"

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
What Criminologists Don’t Say, and Why
City Journal ^ | September 2, 2017 | John Paul Wright and Matt DeLisi

Only took two replies:

quote:

what they don’t say is that most crime is committed by certain groups....

3 posted on 9/2/2017, 9:49:04 PM by cherry

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Criminals????

(Obviously not what they meant.)

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

SocketWrench posted:

Well of course, she was a blond white lady. That's why the cop was wrong now, but wouldn't be while bashing the skull in of her colored/minority equivalent.

This one's trying too hard. From his super original clever smart "leftist cops" to his hosed up sig line. I'd suspect the guy to be no more than 13 years old or a troll

Lol, this one was mysteriously quiet for the past eight years...I wonder why

One of the less-rabid pro-cop posters pointed out that a blood draw is required by Federal law for commercial drivers. He almost has a point, but the legal requirement is for the employer to have the test done as soon as practicable (or else be subject to... writing down why they didn't and keeping it on file). There's no enabling clause to allow LEOs to draw blood. Even then, I'm pretty sure the detective had no idea about this law since he never cited it. If he had, the hospital might have acquiesced.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/382.303

edit: oooh, the detective was wearing a bodycam ! Ouch, he's got her arm pulled way back and up, that's painful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihQ1-LQOkns

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 3, 2017

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

This poo poo seriously makes my blood boil.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

What’s wrong with you?

I can no longer tell if a freeper is being sarcastic or if they are holding an opinion earnestly.
Send help.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Holy loving poo poo, how can this dude think this is ok.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

Holy loving poo poo, how can this dude think this is ok.

He's got a badge.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Erenthal posted:

He's got a badge.

Oh, nvm carry on then. :cop:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh, nvm carry on then. :cop:

It does make me glad that there is near universal condemnation this time of abusive police behaviour, with likely consequences for the piece of poo poo police officer and a review of their operating policy. But then the circumstances was not the usual, with the victim being white, in her total legal rights, and in a profession that everyone respects.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
And the body cam was on. Yeah for many people that doesnt matter but combined with the other factors I think it leaves an impression on people. That scream :(

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Erenthal posted:

It does make me glad that there is near universal condemnation this time of abusive police behaviour, with likely consequences for the piece of poo poo police officer and a review of their operating policy. But then the circumstances was not the usual, with the victim being white, in her total legal rights, and in a profession that everyone respects.

The body cam essentially turning the entire encounter into Bizarro Cops was what clinched it for a lot of people. I've never personally had to deal with that kind of situation since I only worked in a lab and hospital for a few months as part of my training but we were briefed several times on our patients rights (also since we dealt with dementia patients in one workplace we had to learn them in a different way since we had to know what to tell police when one went missing and how much we were allowed to divulge for their own sake). It is always a tricky subject especially when the personnel are not briefed on the procedure when handing out information. This time she was briefed but it didn't help because either the cop wasn't briefed or he just didn't give a poo poo.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

RagnarokAngel posted:

And the body cam was on. Yeah for many people that doesnt matter but combined with the other factors I think it leaves an impression on people. That scream :(

This genuinely looks like a scene from a found footage horror movie.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Hey freep how's it going it's such a beautiful Sunday and I hope that you're doing well because oh man I'm just so

quote:

To: lastchance

but the so-called autism link has been investigated and debunked by science over and over again.

Is this the same "science" by the same scientists that claims that "climate change" is a proven fact????

42 posted on 9/3/2017, 9:36:57 AM by 2nd amendment mama (Self defense is a basic human right!)

Okay well I'm sure that

:yikes:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Sounds like the California state cops need an info dump

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

evilmiera posted:

The body cam essentially turning the entire encounter into Bizarro Cops was what clinched it for a lot of people. I've never personally had to deal with that kind of situation since I only worked in a lab and hospital for a few months as part of my training but we were briefed several times on our patients rights (also since we dealt with dementia patients in one workplace we had to learn them in a different way since we had to know what to tell police when one went missing and how much we were allowed to divulge for their own sake). It is always a tricky subject especially when the personnel are not briefed on the procedure when handing out information. This time she was briefed but it didn't help because either the cop wasn't briefed or he just didn't give a poo poo.
My mom worked for years as a librarian in a public library and talked sometimes about the information that librarians could/are required to refuse to give to the police and other government agents, especially after 9/11. I don't know that she ever had to refuse to provide information herself but this has kind of hit home for me.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

McGlockenshire posted:

Hey freep how's it going it's such a beautiful Sunday and I hope that you're doing well because oh man I'm just so

Okay well I'm sure that

:yikes:

Reminds me of that freep post where they described a literal armed convoy plan to traverse the wildlands of Wiltshire.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

jojoinnit posted:

Reminds me of that freep post where they described a literal armed convoy plan to traverse the wildlands of Wiltshire.

:911:

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Man, liberals are such pussies! ...if I fill my truck bed full of guns will I be safe to drive to in and out?

yorkinshire fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 4, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Wonder how many would poo poo themselves if they knew liberals own guns too.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

jojoinnit posted:

There was a thread not long ago talking about plans for walking through downtown Houston, which detailed moving in a squad formation with 360 degree surveillance in case of threats as if it was a post-apocalyptic wasteland before Harvey.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah that's what it reminded me of too. They even advised to have at least one or two scouts that march in front of the group to check if the streets are clear of nig- ferals thugs dangers.

As well as one dude constantly checking no one is creeping up from behind as you said.

The most tacticool family trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Freep LARP:ing is the best