Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Jusupov posted:

It's always some stupid rng poo poo that I'll miss

How much time is left on these challenges? I hope to at least get the eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

NofrikinfuN posted:

How much time is left on these challenges? I hope to at least get the eyes.

Over 2 months? It's not that hard to get 36. Just hit 90 and level a gem to 20 and start looking at what you got left

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Is there a generally settled on way to build Sunder. I see a lot of builds are either 2H or Totem. Anyone know which of these is generally settled on as the go to?

honestly just go to the forums and follow a build if you're not sure

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I still have yet to see an Echoing Shrine for that challenge. I'm just happy to have hit 24 challenges the other night for the MSPaint crown. I've never done league stuff to such an extent before now so I like some free shiny trophies.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
If there are still slots open I'd love an invite, IGN: Sharia_Lawyer

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I'd also love a re-invite. SidoJuggEq.

Vorless
Oct 30, 2007
Is there a chance that this is actually worth something?

I see a similar one up on poe.trade for 280c but I have no idea if that's actually a price people are willing to pay.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vorless posted:

I see a similar one up on poe.trade for 280c but I have no idea if that's actually a price people are willing to pay.

It's worth some money.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Vorless posted:

undercut the guy by 5c and see whats up, check daily if he matches you

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Might be worth divining since I believe the swords mod can go to 16% and life can obviously hit 7%.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I started up a budget wander on a whim since I happened to get the leveling wand from a prophecy and also have a couple of high level wands on hand (though they aren't Piscator's) but uh... I hit 28 and got Kinetic Blast and it doesn't feel too good. Am I just making judgments too early? It kills things fine... kind of... when it feels like it. It just doesn't feel very enjoyable to use.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Does the game always have really spiky difficulty? I went from brainlessly sundering everything to death to "hey this boss is kind of challenging" to getting repeatedly shitstomped all within Act 5. I managed to plow through with dying repeatedly to bosses but now in Act 6 even the random elites just melt me.

I know I need more resistances and such but the difference in difficulty was basically immediate and a pretty stark contrast to what I was facing an hour ago. Just wondering if it continues like that.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ugato posted:

Does the game always have really spiky difficulty? I went from brainlessly sundering everything to death to "hey this boss is kind of challenging" to getting repeatedly shitstomped all within Act 5. I managed to plow through with dying repeatedly to bosses but now in Act 6 even the random elites just melt me.

I know I need more resistances and such but the difference in difficulty was basically immediate and a pretty stark contrast to what I was facing an hour ago. Just wondering if it continues like that.

the two times your resistances get lowered are the two major difficulty spikes, then there's a third one at the transition to high-tier maps. if you're dying to random elites then your resistances are probably the main issue - the game is really normalized around 75% elemental resists.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Jazerus posted:

the two times your resistances get lowered are the two major difficulty spikes, then there's a third one at the transition to high-tier maps. if you're dying to random elites then your resistances are probably the main issue - the game is really normalized around 75% elemental resists.

Additionally, sometimes you hit areas with enemies that are more likely to chill (and freeze) or stun you with big hits, and those kind of enemies are MUCH more likely to end up killing you when you get stunned an unlucky number of times.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I started up a budget wander on a whim since I happened to get the leveling wand from a prophecy and also have a couple of high level wands on hand (though they aren't Piscator's) but uh... I hit 28 and got Kinetic Blast and it doesn't feel too good. Am I just making judgments too early? It kills things fine... kind of... when it feels like it. It just doesn't feel very enjoyable to use.

What links are you using with KB? LMP (and GMP when you can) are very important, because they scale the number of explosions you get.

Positioning near walls is also important since it can force the explosions to be on top of each other.

Take a read on the mechanics if you haven't already.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kinetic_Blast

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

oh yeah flask setup is something you might consider too, if you've been picking up and selling yellows you should have enough alteration orbs to consider rolling your non-life/mana flasks (quicksilver, granite, stibnite, etc.) for immunity to freezing and immunity to bleeding. those are far more deadly status effects than the rest. make sure you have the best life flasks you can get at your level too.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
As a reminder, only having 50% resistance instead of the capped 75% means you're effectively taking double damage from that element. Even being close with 70% resist still means you're taking 20% more damage than expected.

Cap your resists, even if it means using a basalt flask in the short run.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

whydirt posted:

As a reminder, only having 50% resistance instead of the capped 75% means you're effectively taking double damage from that element. Even being close with 70% resist still means you're taking 20% more damage than expected.

Isn't this problem compounded by the fact that most elemental damage comes from spells, rendering blocking useless without specific passives? My gladiatior could dive into a pack of physical damage enemies and come out unharmed, but absolutely withered under fire from stuff like the goat shamans.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Devor posted:

What links are you using with KB? LMP (and GMP when you can) are very important, because they scale the number of explosions you get.

Positioning near walls is also important since it can force the explosions to be on top of each other.

Take a read on the mechanics if you haven't already.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kinetic_Blast

Yeah I have LMP in it at the moment but the spread make it awkward as hell to use. GMP will probably improve that aspect at least. As well as just getting into point blank range. I'll keep messing around with it a bit more but I'm not super keen on how finnicky the skill is to make use of. Things I should've researched ahead of time I guess, oops!

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

NofrikinfuN posted:

Isn't this problem compounded by the fact that most elemental damage comes from spells, rendering blocking useless without specific passives? My gladiatior could dive into a pack of physical damage enemies and come out unharmed, but absolutely withered under fire from stuff like the goat shamans.

That's a big reason people play Gladiators, the node that adds 100% of your block as spell block.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Cinara posted:

That's a big reason people play Gladiators, the node that adds 100% of your block as spell block.

Yeah, I was going to pick that up but went for the bleed passives first. Probably would have been smarter to get the spell block first.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

NofrikinfuN posted:

Yeah, I was going to pick that up but went for the bleed passives first. Probably would have been smarter to get the spell block first.

You can use respec points on ascendancy stuff.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
nothing wrong with taking the bleed passives before spell block

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

You can use respec points on ascendancy stuff.

Hell, I was just wondering about that the other day, but then I rolled a Marauder. Probably for the best anyway, I selected Standard when I made the Gladiator because I misinterpreted the Harbinger description as some kind of PvP. Now I'm on track to win glowy eyes, no time for looking back.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Jazerus posted:

So what are the preferred easy ways to aim for resistances? I haven't really purchased anything and I've done some basic crafting to get things like better weapons and the occasional outdated piece of gear but I haven't tried to fish for resist gear, etc. I'll try to get my hands on whatever that resist-all helm is since I do have probably 8 or so chaos orbs just from farming things.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ugato posted:

So what are the preferred easy ways to aim for resistances? I haven't really purchased anything and I've done some basic crafting to get things like better weapons and the occasional outdated piece of gear but I haven't tried to fish for resist gear, etc. I'll try to get my hands on whatever that resist-all helm is since I do have probably 8 or so chaos orbs just from farming things.

you go to poe.trade and type in 70 life 70 total elemental resists and buy something you can use for your level for like 1c.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Unless I'm like, exceptionally rolling in cash I get two sets of rares: stuff that does the job and gets me capped, and then a second set usually around 85 that's my ideal rares.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Just get a Goldrim and don't take it off until yellow maps

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I sold my skele mages stuff and made a dark pact occultist which is absurdly strong (a single right click explodes an entire screen up to t10 right now and I'm only level 68) but good lord is it easy to kill yourself when you cast 9 times per second costing 6% of your life with each cast. I keep dying during boss invulnerability phases where I can't leech from them because my reaction times are bad :(

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whydirt posted:

bismuth

Mover posted:

Just get a Goldrim and don't take it off until yellow maps
this is what i did with my blade blurry character

YoshiOfYellow posted:

that guide someone linked before says to just run bows until later on which is what ive been doing. been going decently so far. i just got into act 5 and the end of act 4 bullshit was a breeze (although the thiefs torment might have had a bit to do with that to be fair)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What is a good Bisco/exp farmer skill/class? got a surprisingly large amount of funds I could pour into something and I've already went with a namelock melee skill character which while strong is a bit frustrating when I want to move and the animation isn't done yet to get moving and a baron necromancer which is strong but needs a lot of exp farmed for empower gems to level.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

i've been having fun with a wander wearing bisco's fast as hell and kinetic blast is just fun.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What is a good Bisco/exp farmer skill/class? got a surprisingly large amount of funds I could pour into something and I've already went with a namelock melee skill character which while strong is a bit frustrating when I want to move and the animation isn't done yet to get moving and a baron necromancer which is strong but needs a lot of exp farmed for empower gems to level.

MOM ED/contagion is pretty cheap/easy

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Very few things beat a wander when it comes to fast clearing/bisco usage, especially if you have a large amount of currency to blow on it

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
Okay, am I missing something or is this bugged? Have Thaumaturgical History III prophecy. Says "You will inspect the Ancient Reverie Device in the Chamber of Sins." Prophecy doesn't pop up at any point in any level of Chamber of Sins even though the text always comes up for any part of a chain prophecy. Is Ancient Reverie Device same as the map device in the center? Because I click it, nothing happens. This is pretty frustrating so I hope I'm just being dumb.

edit: Nvm, it has to be Act 2 Chamber of Sins instead of Act 7 Chamber of Sins, even though I legit forgot that existed and they don't make it clear in any way.

dead in real life fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 1, 2017

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Isn't the ancient reverie device in act 2 while the map device is in act 7?

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
Yep, didn't realize. Thought I was losing my mind.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

MOM ED/contagion is pretty cheap/easy

Occultist or Trickster?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is there any value in Scorching Ray's Q20 increased beam length? Still leveling with a Q0 and I'm wondering if that was a mistake.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Occultist or Trickster?

I did trickster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys

please knock Mom! posted:

nothing wrong with taking the bleed passives before spell block

Spell block is such a huge survivability boost it's unreal. I went from a situation like his to being able to walk away from my computer only to return to a piles of corpses all around me. Anything with rapid fire/multi hit spells shreds itself. Firestorm is a complete joke if you're resists are maxed. I'm walking my way through act 9 and expect act 10 to go the same. Last time I died was act 5 on my first attempt at innocence. I plan on getting that bleed node too, but spell block trivialized most encounters. The only thing that kills me is bleeds I don't notice and chaos damage.

Speaking of bleeds, a lot of the damage nodes I'm picking up have increased damage to ailments. Does that mean I do increased ailment damage (bleeds, ignite, etc) or increased damage to enemies with ailments? I have the physical bleed support slotted with my retaliation skills (vengeance, riposte, and reckoning) and it seems to work well but I have no idea if this is ~optimal~