Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Church of Megumin is recruiting anyone who thinks it's really cool to cover up one eye, chuckle to yourself randomly, strike imposing poses at random times of the day, and use the word Nietzsche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Next season is gonna be the Megumin show starring Megumin

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Vengarr posted:

Next season is gonna be the Megumin show starring Megumin
I can't wait for the episode where Megumin uses Explosion.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

I can't wait for the episode where Megumin uses Explosion.
This can tide you over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wxg5qK5h8M

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just binged the show and reject all LN propaganda about Megumin being in the lead

Darkness is the strongest

attack the Darkness Kazuma

you neet piece of poo poo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rodyle posted:

I just binged the show and reject all LN propaganda about Megumin being in the lead

I agree with, and endorse this post.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Hate-Senpai posted:

The Church of Megumin is recruiting anyone who thinks it's really cool to cover up one eye, chuckle to yourself randomly, strike imposing poses at random times of the day, and use the word Nietzsche.
It has a nietzsche following.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

I agree with, and endorse this post.

if he could just stop kinkshaming, or learn to kinkshame harder, it really would be the perfect couple

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rodyle posted:

if he could just stop kinkshaming, or learn to kinkshame harder, it really would be the perfect couple

Agreed.

Kazuma is the only man lovely enough for Darkness.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Darkness will become an old slime lady. Living in a rundown house full of feral slimes who are terrified to get near her. The townsfolk will throw rocks at her windows, people will whisper rumours behind her back and she will grow old with contentment at the constant abuse.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Rodyle posted:

It's clearly aqua, fool.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kusoma doesn't deserve any of these girls.
The girls don't deserve Kazuma either.
They all deserve each other too though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jackard posted:

It has a nietzsche following.

:vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

drilldo squirt posted:

It's clearly aqua, fool.

First Girl is Worst Girl

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rodyle posted:

First Girl is Worst Girl

The girl who Kazuma killed himself for yeah

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The girl who Kazuma killed himself for yeah

Sometimes I bet she looks back on Kazuma and just feels bad. She wasn't responsible, but she still had to see it all happen. Isn't it sad, Kazuma?:nyoron:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Sometimes I bet she looks back on Kazuma and just feels bad. She wasn't responsible, but she still had to see it all happen. Isn't it sad, Kazuma?:nyoron:

To be fair, his death was hilarious.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Rodyle posted:

First Girl is Worst Girl

Aqua is cool as heck.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Can you imagine being responsible for a incredibly hilarious death so every time you remember it you heh a little?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
In the novel, Kazuma ends up badly breaking her leg when he shoves her. She probably isn't that upset that he died.

Also, the third novel just recently came out. It's a pretty good one too, covering the trial, the bit with Darkness' family, and the fight against Vanir.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kazuma achieves new trash heights during the Sylvia fight wow.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

quote:

She asked if I would want an excellent mage.
But there wasn’t any mage more excellent than our Megumin.
After all, she just need one explosion spell to make a fool of the bosses of the demon king army and defeat them.
:unsmith:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The light novels are insanely good, yeah

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Boy there's a scene in volume 7 which made me want to strangle Kazuma.

THAT'S LIKE THE BIGGEST OWN GOAL OF THE SERIES SO FAR (well besides Alderp's uh, thing at the end of 7)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Got an email yesterday that the Megumin nendo is delayed until September.

On one hand :negative: but on the other hand I've seen how detail oriented they are about their products so if Good Smile says they need more time, they need more time.

As someone who buys an unhealthy amount of figures (you guys got me into this after Madoka dammit) this happens a lot, nothing to worry about. It happens nearly every time, in fact.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Yeah, I was lucky that my only other purchase(Umaru and friends nendo petit) had no delay.

That being said, the delay was only a week. :dance:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
If only I didn't order bulk to save shipping costs. :negative:

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

If only I didn't order bulk to save shipping costs. :negative:

Yeah but bulk orders own and way less wasteful in number of stupid boxes

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Re: shipping garbage

as of V9 Megumin and Darkness are about even, slight lead to Megumin in that he is marginally less garbage to her in terms of frequency

Of course she has a massive lead in the character polls so rip

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Rodyle posted:

Re: shipping garbage

Kinda expected since Kazuma, although a huge perv, has very consistently been shown that he very highly values personality over beauty. Even though Darkness is his perfectly ideal perception of beauty, he just can't consider her more than a friend. Everybody would be screwed if Eris ever showed active interest, but that probably won't ever happen. At this point, it is going to be a race against time because once Iris becomes an adult, she would have the best shot.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nalin posted:

Even though Darkness is his perfectly ideal perception of beauty, he just can't consider her more than a friend.

I mean if he were that decisive there wouldn't be an issue!

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Nalin posted:

Kinda expected since Kazuma, although a huge perv, has very consistently been shown that he very highly values personality over beauty. Even though Darkness is his perfectly ideal perception of beauty, he just can't consider her more than a friend. Everybody would be screwed if Eris ever showed active interest, but that probably won't ever happen. At this point, it is going to be a race against time because once Iris becomes an adult, she would have the best shot.

I dont think Iris can survive an explosion, Darkness might be able to survive it so she is still a contender. :colbert:

Iretep fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 1, 2017

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Iretep posted:

I dont think Iris can survive an explosion, Darkness might be able to survive it so she is still a contender. :colbert:

Might?

We saw her take one at ground zero, after tanking a whole dungeon, while possessed by Vanir. No long term injuries.

She's definitely still in the race.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/s_patchoulol/status/903691417377222660

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
That car is certainly geared to explode off of the line!

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Can't unsee mirrored text on driver's side.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

If there's ever a decal I would want on my car, it would be "Exploooosion!!!"

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

That car is certainly geared to explode off of the line!

Don't worry, Darkness is driving.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Anime cars are a crime against everything good in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Unless than anime is about driving sweet rides then it should not be on any in my personal opinion.