Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarren
Apr 13, 2004
former p99 player here, just started up a druid on Agnarr named jturbonius. anyone wanna hook me up with a guild invite or some starter poo poo gear/$$?

ty gooners

Sarren fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

I think I have a thing you can use

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I just paid $25 for an account transfer so I could have more vet rewards, lol.

I feel dumb, but still happy I did it. I have so many more new buttons now!

I only have 12 years of vet rewards on this account for whatever reason. ZAM only lists 14 years of rewards. Have they stopped doing them, or ZAM out of date?

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

I just paid $25 for an account transfer so I could have more vet rewards, lol.

I feel dumb, but still happy I did it. I have so many more new buttons now!

I only have 12 years of vet rewards on this account for whatever reason. ZAM only lists 14 years of rewards. Have they stopped doing them, or ZAM out of date?

The last veteran reward is the one that reduces the timer on all of the others, after that, they stopped giving a poo poo. Perhaps not coincidentally, this is about the same year they were sold to Columbus Nova.

Sarren
Apr 13, 2004

Doggir posted:

I think I have a thing you can use

wow a thing? that sounds great man. what's yo name ingame?

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Sarren posted:

wow a thing? that sounds great man. what's yo name ingame?

xolotll

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Does Agnarr let you macro bard songs? I'm too old to be manually trying to twist.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
/melody 1 2 3 4

Yes.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

hamsystem posted:

Does Agnarr let you macro bard songs? I'm too old to be manually trying to twist.

I believe you get all the modern conveniences

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Guess I'll get sucked back in for a little while then.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Doggir posted:

I believe you get all the modern conveniences

Not all of them, for example no bandoleer.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Evernoob posted:

Not all of them, for example no bandoleer.

No, he said "band-leader," you know: a Bard.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
XP rate is really nice on Agnarr too. I think its just right.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Kinda wish they'd be less stingy with some of the QoL stuff on live on TLP, especially when most of the expansions that have them have been f2p for a long time. You let people buy mounts and buffs from the store, let me click poo poo from my bags.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I made it up to like 7 yesterday. I'm on Agnarr as Jendace if anyone needs some of those sweet, sweet low level bard songs. I'll probably try to bust out a few levels a night. It was kinda weird playing eq in a group and I wasn't controlling half the players.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
4 day double exp-weekend from tomorrow !

With luck and a following wind I may get some of my alts up to 65 on Phinny at this rate.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

new Agnarr people join the goon serverwide chat channel:

/join serverwide.gchat:fygm

I'll toss free poo poo in your direction just ask Librarian or Talking.

Double xp weekend starts today at noon PST. Come bash rats and then more rats and frogs probably

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
25% off the marketplace too. Good time to buy some of the new illusions or whatever other store crap you've been eyeing.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Is there anything storewise that's useful for Agnarr? I haven't looked into it much.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

hamsystem posted:

Is there anything storewise that's useful for Agnarr? I haven't looked into it much.

It's $25 but they sell 100% reduc bag

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Illusions just got unlocked on Phinny a few weeks back - are they on Agnarr? The buffs they give stick, so like the ghost frog gives levitate, which is useful if you don't want to fight for a Quillmane cloak.

I like to collect illusions (bard) so illusion keyring + slots are good for me.

Exp pots are always popular.

Also dumb familiar pets are fun.

Hero's forge so you can play pretty princess dress up and such.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
We have fairy form which gives 6hr lev, no other illusions give buffs atm.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Can you use a mount with the fairy form ?

Unrelated - Finally broke 10k hp unbuffed on Phinny as a non-meele. Didn't think I'd do it before OOW !

Baconroll fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Sep 1, 2017

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

FranktheBank posted:

We have fairy form which gives 6hr lev, no other illusions give buffs atm.

The ghost frog does the same, as I just said heh.

But ones with stats, like the snake one, has its buff disabled or whatever, yeah.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

oooooweee that double xp is good.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Only the fairy illusion of the two is currently available for Agnarr, though (regal vampire, siren sorc, fallen knight, forest fairy, only ones currently listed in marketplace when on agnarr). I picked the Fairy illusion up for my cleric this morning and having 6hr levitate is pretty nice for 500 and some change funbux.

FrankTheBank are you the Frank that I constantly run into on Agnarr?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

xZAOx posted:

The ghost frog does the same, as I just said heh.

But ones with stats, like the snake one, has its buff disabled or whatever, yeah.

Ghost frog is not available on agnarr.

onesixtwo posted:

FrankTheBank are you the Frank that I constantly run into on Agnarr?

"Frank" no. I wish. I offered him 2kr for the name and he said no.

I'm Frankdabank.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Ah, I'm on Phinny.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Got to 43 over the weekend, got into some camp drama in LGuk, and forgot what a pain leveling instrument abilities can be. That sweet, sweet nostalgia.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

hamsystem posted:

Got to 43 over the weekend, got into some camp drama in LGuk, and forgot what a pain leveling instrument abilities can be. That sweet, sweet nostalgia.

Start song, afk over night. Come back and have 20-30 skillups, and continue until all are good.

Just don't afk and attack something over night, no no that's unattended gameplay and that will net you a week's long suspension!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Is there some trick to not getting booted for inactivity? I've been doing the song overnight thing but I always come back to the login screen.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

hamsystem posted:

Is there some trick to not getting booted for inactivity? I've been doing the song overnight thing but I always come back to the login screen.

You on agnarr? what's your name?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Yeah, name is Jendace.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

hamsystem posted:

I did all mine this way, never got booted. I did use /melody though.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I've been using /melody and it still happens. Oh well, I just remote in from work to make sure everything's going during the day. They'll get there eventually.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

hamsystem posted:

I've been using /melody and it still happens. Oh well, I just remote in from work to make sure everything's going during the day. They'll get there eventually.

Everquest has never had an inactivity kick like WoW does. If this is happening, its probably something with your internet that resets at a time of day. EQ doesn't handle stuff like routers resetting very well.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Hoohah posted:

Everquest has never had an inactivity kick like WoW does. If this is happening, its probably something with your internet that resets at a time of day. EQ doesn't handle stuff like routers resetting very well.

Idk about that I leave my computer and I'll wake up to being logged out; I set a macro to level my skills and I'll wake up to being maxed out.

With that being said EQ got some weird poo poo that will make it crash though. I have a problem where my monitor disconnects and as crashes when it's forced to switch to the other monitor.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Hoohah posted:

Heh, semi-related - just last night I had to reboot my router while playing. I only lagged for a minute but never got punted. I've had this happen a time or two before.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Hoohah posted:

Not sure about the rest of live cause I haven't played there in years, but there is definitely an inactivity kick on Ag'narr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Gray Matter posted:

Not sure about the rest of live cause I haven't played there in years, but there is definitely an inactivity kick on Ag'narr

If there is, its unique to Agnarr because I've left characters on overnight very recently on both Phinigel and Vulak with no issues.