Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Norm probably couldn't think of any jokes Jerry would read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009
Who is Sebastian Mancow?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Vogler posted:

Who is Sebastian Mancow?

Sebastian Maniscalco?

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009
Anyway it was a great episode. I figured Jerry for a shallow and empty man, so I was surprised when he gave sincere answers to Norm's rambling musings. And Norm himself was both funny and compelling.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The last 2 episodes were very good. I like this

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
uhhhhh gentile

folder
Oct 9, 2016
One of my favourite Adam put downs

"The story's over."

Lemon
May 22, 2003

This one was great.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

He is an impressionist.

Yeah and most of the other comedians he has on don't spend large portions of the interview telling hit-or-miss jokes from their set. I was defending him anyway, chill out.

hog fat
Aug 31, 2016
my radical adherence to stoicism demands I be a raging islamophobic asshole. perhaps ten more days on twitter will teach me the errors of my ways
This season has been a real fuckin snoozer so far. Except for the Sarah Silverman episode. And Merchant
\

Okay, retards. Didn't want to have to resort to this but some cuckolfucks need to 'remove head from sphincter', per the adage.

Norm is not gay. Gau people are just inherently funny. This is what he meant when he said comedy is a live thing; and that there is nonthing cynical about replicating what makes people laugh.

hog fat fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Sep 1, 2017

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

hog fat posted:

This season has been a real fuckin snoozer so far. Except for the Sarah Silverman episode. And Merchant
\

Okay, retards. Didn't want to have to resort to this but some cuckolfucks need to 'remove head from sphincter', per the adage.

Norm is not gay. Gau people are just inherently funny. This is what he meant when he said comedy is a live thing; and that there is nonthing cynical about replicating what makes people laugh.

What?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

hog fat posted:

\

I'm not sure I believe you. he said he's a deeply closeted gay man for gods sake.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I liked the Seinfeld episode a lot, but I'm really missing the jokes from the past seasons. Even the jokes segments they've had have had a lot of misses/jokes from other stand ups/old jokes. Someone said (either here on Reddit) that the guy who wrote most of them isn't on the show this season, which would explain it.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I have a hard time believing that the heart of the jokes segment was a single writer, but I'm probably wrong and the guests this season avoiding jokes is to cover that up? I'm still hoping for a guest who isn't some long time comedy legend who can barely deviate from long stories.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tetramin posted:

I have a hard time believing that the heart of the jokes segment was a single writer, but I'm probably wrong and the guests this season avoiding jokes is to cover that up? I'm still hoping for a guest who isn't some long time comedy legend who can barely deviate from long stories.

I'm pretty sure the episodes shot last year are heavily edited because they had lots of no-longer-relevant election jokes

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
honestly gently caress the guests, I really just want to hear a podcast of Norm goofing on Eget

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Monday Bandele posted:

honestly gently caress the guests, I really just want to hear a podcast of Norm goofing on Eget

His audiobook is like at least four hours of that

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

I'm pretty sure the episodes shot last year are heavily edited because they had lots of no-longer-relevant election jokes

How are you so sure? Did you hear a rumor or something to this effect?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
They rarely talk about politics on there, I doubt that. And it's easy to just edit out one joke, why the whole segment? Silverman just wanted to talk to Norm and not do a bit and Seinfeld was probably the same way.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Norm loves to poke fun at the fact he's gay, just listen to his appearances on Denis Miller.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I struggle to thin of a person gayer than Norm MacDonald, except maybe Adam Eget

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Big fat Bruce Vilanch.

hog fat
Aug 31, 2016
my radical adherence to stoicism demands I be a raging islamophobic asshole. perhaps ten more days on twitter will teach me the errors of my ways

Odddzy posted:

Norm loves to poke fun at the fact he's gay, just listen to his appearances on Denis Miller.

Muted. Grow up.

steinrokkan posted:

I struggle to thin of a person gayer than Norm MacDonald, except maybe Adam Eget

Ditto.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

hog fat posted:

Muted. Grow up.

Ditto.

I'm happy that you decided to Ditto Norm being gay, it is important to be accepting.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

steinrokkan posted:

I'm happy that you decided to Ditto Norm being gay, it is important to be accepting.

I'm right there with ya man, It's weird how people are so insensitive to the plight of an aging old man only now coming to terms with his sexual nature.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I thought everybody knew Norm was gay? It's a pretty big hollywood "secret"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well, homophobia run deeps, as his story about jerking off at a movie theater proves.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Jesus Christ go back to r/opieandanthony you loving human garbage.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Tetramin posted:

I don't think guests avoiding it has been a cover up, I just think they've cut it a bunch and the stuff they've had has had a different tone overall and hasn't been as funny.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

GoldfishStew posted:

Jesus Christ go back to r/opieandanthony you loving human garbage.

Honestly man, I don't even get why you're mentioning that subreddit.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
I always assumed Norm wrote all the bad jokes himself.

Possibly while being gay.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I like when he reads the twitter comments, i'm pretty sure he writes those also but misdirects the guest by saying it's a person on the net asking the question. Some of those questions are really really arcane.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The twitter names he makes up are funny

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

If so, the twitter question for David Spade makes so much more sense than before.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I was always under the impression that he was doing it all. I can't imagine that many people working on this show, it's numbers aren't that big.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

FishBowlRobot posted:

If so, the twitter question for David Spade makes so much more sense than before.

What question was it?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Harminoff posted:

I was always under the impression that he was doing it all. I can't imagine that many people working on this show, it's numbers aren't that big.

I wish I could remember where I read this, but I'm pretty sure someone mentioned they have (had?) at least one writer helping

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Harminoff posted:

Well he used to always mention Steve O'Donnell being in the room who is a pretty big writer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_O%27Donnell_(writer) Plus there's camera men, sound guys, the producer, a make up artist and maybe more. He said in the Seinfeld episode that he doesn't make any money off the show but just the crew gets paid.

edit #3: There's a ton of people credited for the show: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6407712/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 3, 2017

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
I miss jokes, this is probably my favorite one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0dDWJOUeIA&t=2244s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Yeah, Steve O'Donnel was the guy I was thinking of. Think he's busy on another show.

• Locked thread