Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Hi posted:

Ok so I feel like I'm probably very fortunate, I've been playing for about a week now and have 6* veritas of dark and earth, 6* Gilgamesh, and my half price pull today netted me an onion knight so now I wasted my left over money and energy pots and have a 6* ok.

I have a 5* agrias I'm pretending one day I'll unlock save the queen from, and a benched veritas of heavens (I think the jump/wind one)

Where do I start getting super cool weapons and items to trick out these characters ? I'm still grinding hein for ok's armor but feels silly having him use an enhancer sword and a sleep dagger cause I've got nothing better.

Likewise dark veritas is using a 35 atk store bought greatsword because Gilgamesh has my genji blade

The best weapons are TMRs.

In OKs case, his best sword is his own TMR. Other good swords are Moonblade and Brotherhood Delita & Tidus TMRs.

Veritas of the Dark's best one is from Dark Knight Cecil but there's another unit with one coming soon that's almost as good. You'll definitely want to get an Excalibur for him so he can elemental chain with friend Orlandeaus or your own Agrias; and that's Paladin Cecil's TMR.

Best Katana is 2B's TMR which is now unavailable so Genji Blade it is, but there's a base 3* with a Fire Katana that's very good coming in a month or so.

Best Axe is from 4* Mercedes.

Best Spear is Aileen's TMR. Reberta's is good too.

Best Fist is from the robot trial.

If you play through the story you'll get a 103 ATK Greatsword which is pretty nice.

Cobalt60 posted:

I'm sooo unfamiliar with mages... could anyone post a list of units that could oneshot/two-shot ELT? I think I have a couple Zyruses... is that good?

Yes, 2 Zyrus should be fine. Blood Pulsar doesn't do elemental damage and two of them casting it, two turns in a row should be enough. The boss doesn't have a ridiculous amount of HP.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

Never pulled the event 5*.

Ever.

Oh. Then you want this one.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Added five spots for the event! If you want a 100% bonus unit, here you go. He's a work in progress obviously.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 1, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Well uh.

I guess Dark Fina & Zyrus are getting retasked to clearing ELT with those defenses, gently caress.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

the threshhold attack is a magic aoe, pod 153 did nothing for you. the magic was inside you all along dangerous dot hotdog

God. Damnit. :( Was posting after a few drinks, knew some dumb poo poo would come out.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Hi posted:

Ok so I feel like I'm probably very fortunate, I've been playing for about a week now and have 6* veritas of dark and earth, 6* Gilgamesh, and my half price pull today netted me an onion knight so now I wasted my left over money and energy pots and have a 6* ok.

I have a 5* agrias I'm pretending one day I'll unlock save the queen from, and a benched veritas of heavens (I think the jump/wind one)

Where do I start getting super cool weapons and items to trick out these characters ? I'm still grinding hein for ok's armor but feels silly having him use an enhancer sword and a sleep dagger cause I've got nothing better.

Likewise dark veritas is using a 35 atk store bought greatsword because Gilgamesh has my genji blade

Do the story! It won't get you TM or event gear but it does give:

1) Espers! There's sidequests to unlock all of them except Siren. Check the Espers page on the wiki to see how to get them. Generally there's one per island, or two for the first two. They're free stats you can level up and get skills on and give an elemental resistance and weakness. It takes a long time to level them up though unless you grind events that give good magicite/megacite. They're pretty much equipment~

2) Open up stores! They do plateau off quickly at the start though. Felicitas Town on the third island is the first big one. They have attack hats and helms and decent early armor. You'll generally cap out around ~+40 ATK for weapons but it's all stuff you'll be doing anyways.

3) Start the vault quest! There's a wiki page for it here. It's basically find keys either via explorations or sidequests and you trade them in for a range of stuff from junk to nigh-TMR grade gear. The +103 ATK greatsword Payback Jack mentioned is from here. It doesn't cost anything besides energy.

4) Do explorations! Obligatory wiki page here. You're doing them for vault keys or vault sidequests or to unlock espers anyways, check the wiki page for each one to make sure you can clean it out on your first run (if possible). There's some decent here in them once in a while.

One big thing is the locked chests you can open from keys you craft via fine alcyrsts and screamroots, all those chests are on explorations maps. Wiki page here again. The early ones are trash but on the 4th and 5th island is the ATK+10% and MAG+10% materia recipes (and SPR+10% is on the third island). Craft and use them until you can get better materia from other sources (events or trials, etc.).

Towns are basically explorations too with silver chests 'n poo poo.
Check the town wikis for maps so you can clean them out too.

5) With towns and explorations and sidequests and arena giving you star quartz it's time to spend it! Star quartz page. There aren't any big star quartz physical weapons except maybe the Holy Lance though. There's still good stuff, Cat Ear Hood is good for casters or healers, Genji Shield is a fantastic shield for Veritas of the Earth, Auto Refresh or Man Eater materia or so, and more.

6) Do the Coliseum! It's in the Arena->Coliseum in the upper right corner. It uses arena orbs as well so make sure you get your 5 arena fights in every day for the 40 lapis and 1 star quartz first. It isn't great gear like it used to be but it can fill out equipment slots or even just a source of lapis until you clean it out. It's also where you can get the DEF+10% recipe too. Wiki page on the rewards.

7) There's the three early trial bosses in the upper-left corner of the Farplane if you haven't done them already. The White Dragon gives a +61 ATK katana and the Demon Chimera gives +51 DEF & +13 SPR armor. The third gives a bow reward which is :geno: but he's a pushover now. Just use a farplane monument in town or from the home screen go Vortex->Exchange in the upper right corner to warp to king mog and just leave his castle to get to the farplane.

8) There's also the story character trials: Training the Soul. This is more for later since you need to level up the story characters to have a shot at these but they do level up fast at least and the rewards are good including a +90 ATK greatsword and +92 ATK katana. By the time you get the best characters to do these (Rain, Laswell, Fina, Sakura, and... Jake...?) you're in spitting distance of that +103 ATK greatsword from the vault though.

9) The rest of the trials basically. Surging Menace, Two Headed Dragon, and Parade of the Possessed shouldn't be too hard nowadays as iirc they were pre-6*s. Check the wiki page for each one to see what mechanics you have to deal with so you know how to build your party.

Focus on event stuff first since it's time limited and everything I posted above will always be there. It'll take time and energy to get it all out of the way at least.

e: Sounds like you don't have the Murasame, the White Dragon reward from #7. It doesn't cost any energy to do those and it's stronger than a sleep dagger. Go stab a dragon!

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 1, 2017

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

Yes, 2 Zyrus should be fine. Blood Pulsar doesn't do elemental damage and two of them casting it, two turns in a row should be enough. The boss doesn't have a ridiculous amount of HP.

Ah, guess I'll need to burn all the event cactuars getting both of them up to 6* then.

I should, I suppose, do the math on whether 4 bonus units + friend bonus + DPS on PRO keeps pace with ELT with two slots taken by Zyrus. Or just gently caress it I'm stickin with PRO for now.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I already miss the free daily ticket we had with our quests :(

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Armitage posted:

Added five spots for the event! If you want a 100% bonus unit, here you go. He's a work in progress obviously.

Request sent as ZottSA.

I'm soon to be an OK main myself as TG Cid is crippled by my lack of a Zidane. I am going to take the time to pot up his LB though.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

That was super comprehensive, thank you for that write up

I do has the masamune it's on agrias.

Also what am I missing that I can't awaken abilities ? Options blocked out on every character

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

8 tickets to get 1 Sara. I should've known that the game would make up for me getting a 5* on banner.

At least I can farm ELT this event with Delita doing SPR break and Summer Fina doing x2 Ultima. I should go ahead and switch over to her as my companion.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

AegisP posted:

I already miss the free daily ticket we had with our quests :(

:same:
I'd even accept a free pull for doing the dailies too, kinda like a second half pull.

Hi posted:

That was super comprehensive, thank you for that write up

I do has the masamune it's on agrias.

Also what am I missing that I can't awaken abilities ? Options blocked out on every character

Ability awakenings are only for specific characters and only for specific abilities. For example Roselia can awaken her Curaja to improve how much it heals and reduce the MP cost but Fina can't do the same to her Curaja. There's no choice with how you upgrade an ability either, awakening Roselia's Curaja to +1 makes it heal +200 HP, +2 makes it heal another +400 HP and reduces the MP cost by 5 to 10 MP.
Another wiki post for all the characters who have had abilities awakenings.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

BGrifter posted:

Request sent as ZottSA.

I'm soon to be an OK main myself as TG Cid is crippled by my lack of a Zidane. I am going to take the time to pot up his LB though.

I just bumped OK up to 717 ATK, possibly sending Chiz into a temporary retirement, sadly :smith:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Does Fryevia work on this ELT event? I didn't even try honestly.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

hagie posted:

200% elemental resistance across the board.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Ok so Meteor/Comet/unmitigated non-elemental. gacha*

*pun

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

AegisP posted:

200% elemental resistance across the board.

It starts losing some of the resists each turn, though. I want to say Ice can be used in the second round.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Put my Trance Terra up as my Friend Unit. Buffed her MAG as best I could with what I have, and ended up with 410 MAG. I was able to 2 turn Hiney with her and Buttlord's Dark Fina Dualcasting Ultima. It probably help a lot that his Ultima is +2.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Armitage posted:

I just bumped OK up to 717 ATK, possibly sending Chiz into a temporary retirement, sadly :smith:

Yeah once I get him to max I should be able to have him around 800ish ATK with an element and more with Aigalon's Fist but it'll take a little while to max his LB at 5*. I've got moogles to max his TMR when he's ready too.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Ugly John posted:

It starts losing some of the resists each turn, though. I want to say Ice can be used in the second round.

Ah, I've just been blowing it up turn 1 with Dark Fina.

I should probably swap WoL for Elza for a better SPR break.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Are the four elemental Materia worth getting, or should I just get the Equipment, Character-Specific Materia, and then The Usual Loot?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Well I feel like I've committed treason. Benched Fryevia and stripped her gear to boost Zyrus...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Scrublord Prime posted:

3) Start the vault quest! There's a wiki page for it here. It's basically find keys either via explorations or sidequests and you trade them in for a range of stuff from junk to nigh-TMR grade gear. The +103 ATK greatsword Payback Jack mentioned is from here. It doesn't cost anything besides energy.

Im near the end of the current content and I found a black key that gives me an Amulet, which is +15% to both MAG and MP. Not too shabby! Easier to get than a TMR or from an event that ended before one started playing!

Kheldarn posted:

Are the four elemental Materia worth getting, or should I just get the Equipment, Character-Specific Materia, and then The Usual Loot?

There might be a circumstance where an extra 5% elemental resistance might be good... but there are many, far better materia.

Switching to Trance Terra for this event.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 2, 2017

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Kheldarn posted:

They're only 5k a set. If you're getting a ton of coins, why not? They're gonna be in my buy loving everything list. But if you're gonna have limited coins, they not anything too special.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hagie posted:

Well I feel like I've committed treason. Benched Fryevia and stripped her gear to boost Zyrus...

I stripped Rem to gear Trance Terra, and benched Orlandeau to level up Zyrus, so yeah, I feel the same way. I was literally going, "Do I want to do this?" as I was doing it.

jetz0r posted:

They're only 5k a set. If you're getting a ton of coins, why not? They're gonna be in my buy loving everything list. But if you're gonna have limited coins, they not anything too special.

Well, I just steamrolled an ELT with a Bonus monster in it. No idea which one, because I wasn't looking, and only realized it when Hindquarters came up as Battle 6.

So, I'll probably just get them last.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
it's the sea lion that's the bonus one

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cry Havoc posted:

it's the sea lion that's the bonus one

I think it's either Sea Lion or Orobourourusurs.

Edit: Sea Lion and Ouroboros will spawn in ADV, PRO, and ELT. Each may spawn solo, double, or one of each, dropping 100 and 500 extra Wind Fangs, respectively.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 2, 2017

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Well, I got two Onion Knights. :shrug:

306,642,775 for anyone that doesn't have me yet.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i heard they're difficult to chain with each other is that true

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Cry Havoc posted:

i heard they're difficult to chain with each other is that true
In the way that tidus is- you need to use a macro or one of the other timing tricks ( e.g magnification gestures) because the frame window is too narrow to hit manually.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So Ace is good for this event? I guess I should level one of the two I have up.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So Ace is good for this event? I guess I should level one of the two I have up.

A fully leveled and enhanced Ace with the right equipment can annihilate the event, yeah. Although having someone to SPR break definitely helps.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How should you equip him? He can't hold swords I think, so Letters and Arms is out.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

TMR's out the wazu
put on Odin for extra undead killer.
Use Wild card on Hein
Use tri beam laser for other mobs.

Also the Wiki has BiS lists for most 5 stars.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Best_in_Slot/Ace

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

My Trance Terra with 879 Mag is able to drop two deadly ultimas on the end boss, every one before that dies to chaos wave. However I am using a leveled Desch for his 45% spr/mag break, leveled and with a bunch of mp boosting stuff to let him use that relatively costly move every turn with no mana battery

When I tried before having a good break, I found her mag to be just a hint too low to finish the job on her own. I also make sure to let the bonus characters attack for LB crystals so I can use Sara's and get T.Terra's magic that extra bit higher still in one turn.

Would have been cool to get some more mage enhancements by now!

Agreed fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Sep 2, 2017

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
They must be throwing onion Knights out all willy nilly because it's been ages upon ages since I've seen a rainbow crystal but with I managed to pull him too on my daily half price pull. Only time I've ever pulled a 5 star off that. On the plus side I think I have enough moogles socked away to come pretty close to getting his tm. Would people want him as a friend unit?

Right now I have my somewhat lackluster noctis with dual wield and Excalibur up there. Comes in at 715 Atk but if onion knight turns out to be a decent unit I'll happily try and level him up quickly and get him up there

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

hagie posted:

Actually yes. Hein has 200% resists across the board on turn 1, but on turn 2 he always drops down his ice resists to non-ridiculous levels and I heard Fryeva can kill him somewhat easily at this point.

As an aside, I'm using a pretty cheap team to run the ELT thing: Desch to apply his ATK/SPR break thing, Sara to use her LB to boost MAG, and 2x Spark-Chaining Ashes to kill Hein in 2 turns. I gave both Ashes a Black Choker to avoid confuse, one of which I bought from the Fat Chocobo for 20 star quartz which was probably super dumb but oh well. I also slapped on all my best Story/Event MAG gear to bump them up to 400-500 MAG each. I have zero TMR gear for this team.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 2, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Am I correct that Imperil won't increase the damage of non-elemental magic, and if so when people say to use an esper to imperil Hein are they using the specific spell as a generic term and actually mean deshell?

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 2, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Add me to the half priced Onion Knight crew. Have him just shy of 800 attack, but Hein caught me off guard. Guess Trance Terra is the way to go over Reberta as my other hitter for the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Well, I have my TTerra up for people unable to ELT easily.

But 7 10+1s, 35 tickets, 1 fourstar ticket, 2 fourstar EX tickets, 2 fivestar EX tickets later.... I still don't have an actual damage unit for my party.

My entire screenshotted list of units, glory in the absolute garbage.
http://imgur.com/a/kEMgE

• Locked thread