Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

lol why are EMS people ticked off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
They weren't burning documents.

They were burning pee tapes.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

seiferguy posted:

Noooo! God drat them!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

WOW can't believe these fascists won't hold the American flag because they are offended by free speech

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

WOW can't believe these fascists won't hold the American flag because they are offended by free speech

Yeah I feel like there are a whole lot of mixed up people here.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

seiferguy posted:

I still believe in five simple words.

The piss tape is real.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The FBI and Homeland Security have classified antifa a domestic terrorist organization, six months ago they stopped tracking white supremacist organizations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
:nws: piss taaaaape :nws:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

loving finally!!!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Now I want cheese and crackers

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/AirDistrict/status/903731247586754560

https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/903737221202792450

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/IjeomaOluo/status/903753054620712964

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

:drat:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Someone tried to break into a salon to steal weaves a few miles from my house

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Like, I understand it's a horrible thing to say, but it's sorta the thing you say to calm someone down. My mom was worried when I was going to Occupy protests so I said "don't worry, I'm not black or a Vet."

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

...diplomatic immunity!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Like, I understand it's a horrible thing to say, but it's sorta the thing you say to calm someone down. My mom was worried when I was going to Occupy protests so I said "don't worry, I'm not black or a Vet."

He's being fired for telling the truth while being a cop.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

He's being fired for telling the truth while being a cop.

Meanwhile this guy still has a job
https://twitter.com/casiichandler/status/903683588159410176

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

On the upside, story of the crying Nazi keeps getting better.
https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/903755721388552192

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Intruder posted:

I'm sending one of my guys down there to help our local branches, there isn't Katrina levels of chaos is there?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/impeachdtnow/st...%3D1984%23pti17

:discourse:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Intruder posted:

"Someone...?" Yeah right. We all know it was you, Intruder.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

It's ok though, he's been reassigned off the blood drawing unit!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Flikken posted:

I'm sending one of my guys down there to help our local branches, there isn't Katrina levels of chaos is there?

Not that I've seen

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The thing that bothers me the most about this story is that I've got no doubt cops illegally arrest people and engage in false procedure constantly, and the only reason we're hearing about this one is because she's white, a nurse, and it was caught on video.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Intruder posted:

Not that I've seen

That makes me feel better about sending him down there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

The thing that bothers me the most about this story is that I've got no doubt cops illegally arrest people and engage in false procedure constantly, and the only reason we're hearing about this one is because she's white, a nurse, and it was caught on video.

Absolutely, but even more troubling is that she is specifically being arrested for her refusal to break the law (which probably also happens a lot).

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Glad those NFL players are kneeling for those white video nurses.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Absolutely, but even more troubling is that she is specifically being arrested for her refusal to break the law (which probably also happens a lot).

Yeah. I recall a couple three weeks ago, that cop who murdered a driver in front of his girlfriend (wife?) and 8 year old child, because he had a concealed carry permit and lawfully informed the officer of that fact while clearly not going for the gun or doing anything dangerous. Most likely if he'd chosen not to mention the firearm the stop would have been peaceful and he'd have gotten to drive away after getting a ticket or whatever.

I might be remembering the details wrong but basically if you're upsetting a cop, the law does not protect you at all. Maybe he'll get in trouble later, maybe not, but in the moment you should go ahead and obey a cop's illegal orders so you don't get shot. At least, if you're not white.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah. I recall a couple three weeks ago, that cop who murdered a driver in front of his girlfriend (wife?) and 8 year old child, because he had a concealed carry permit and lawfully informed the officer of that fact while clearly not going for the gun or doing anything dangerous. Most likely if he'd chosen not to mention the firearm the stop would have been peaceful and he'd have gotten to drive away after getting a ticket or whatever.

I might be remembering the details wrong but basically if you're upsetting a cop, the law does not protect you at all. Maybe he'll get in trouble later, maybe not, but in the moment you should go ahead and obey a cop's illegal orders so you don't get shot. At least, if you're not white.

Curiously that's also an incident the NRA never loving mentions when they talk about government infringement of 2nd amendment rights.

I'm glad the nurse didn't comply with the illegal order to draw blood from an unconscious person, I don't even understand why a cop would want a blood sample from someone not under arrest.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

BlindSite posted:

Glad those NFL players are kneeling for those white video nurses.

it's crazy that colin kaepernick came out and said "it's okay when police beat up white devils", and hell, i agree

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It's worse than that, the accident the truck driver was in was because a man was fleeing with his car from the cops and ran into him.

They still were trying to get his blood.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My wife bought me taking back Sunday tickets

I. Uh. I dunno man.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I. Uh. I dunno man.

some sort of peace offering?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
SHELL APOLOGIZE FOR BLEEDING ON YOUR SHIRT!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

gently caress if I know.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A capful of white vinegar with your floor cleaner gives your tiles a nice shine!

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

I. Uh. I dunno man.

Since you are a chiefs fan, I think this qualifies as domestic abusive for the divorce proceedings.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It's worse than that, the accident the truck driver was in was because a man was fleeing with his car from the cops and ran into him.

They still were trying to get his blood.

The stated justification was that proving he was sober would help his own case against I guess the estate of the deceased drunk who hit him. This is horseshit, of course: the presumption without evidence would be that he was not impaired, and without probable cause to get a blood sample, it's obviously against his interest to possibly test positive. Unable to get consent, and lacking probable cause to take blood, the nurse correctly protected his right to not volunteer to give a blood test that could only have possibly hurt any case he might have.

What is completely baffling is the behavior of the cop. It's not like he was trying to nail a suspect or something. The most obvious explanation for his insistence is that he didn't like being told no by some uppity civilian who thinks she knows the law better than he does.

Which, hmmm, hmmmmmm, someone decides to go into a career as a cop, turns out he kind of likes being in charge and really hates being not in charge, gosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i think she's going to kill you dude

• Locked thread