Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Zeroisanumber posted:

Got a friend who's an electrical engineer at a nuke plant who's been in the center of a slap fight between the union and management for the past three years. Management wants to fire him, but not bad enough to cross the union and the union wants him to stay on but it's complicated enough that actually getting him back into the plant would be a major operation. He's essentially been sitting on his rear end at home "on-call" collecting a paycheck for doing nothing since the whole mess started. Guy got a bullshit job at a club because they play good music and there are a lot of women who go there. I call him the luckiest motherfucker that I know.

Plant Vogtle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

its seems like its hosed up alt right "corruption" and hijacking of the aaron sorkin type bullshit that centrests liked to jerk off too. now the alt right has co-opted it hard.

Montasque posted:

Look at these nerds.

when did overwatch fans go so bad.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

*unreal tournment voice* MIIIIISTER DAPPERTON

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://mobile.twitter.com/Trevornoah/status/4081446354

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jesus why are their artistic personas always the same like 5 things or a combination of them.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Imagine basing your persona as a lawyer on the blue space chicken from Futurama.

http://i.imgur.com/FtatZi1.mp4

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Montasque posted:

Look at these nerds.

wow overwatch got weird

e: gently caress me, beaten

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Who wants to read some guy blubbering about antifa breaking his camera it's pretty funny, owned dipshit

I like the bit about how his black friend stepped in and was like YOU DO NOT DAMAGE PEOPLE'S PROPERTY

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
im seeing some rising backlash against media equivocation which is comforting, but if i know the media get ready for some um actually its not really equivocation becauseeeeeeeeeee

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al! posted:

im seeing some rising backlash against media equivocation which is comforting, but if i know the media get ready for some um actually its not really equivocation becauseeeeeeeeeee
can't wait for all the 100% genuine puff pieces about people who breed with their sisters

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

Who wants to read some guy blubbering about antifa breaking his camera it's pretty funny, owned dipshit

I like the bit about how his black friend stepped in and was like YOU DO NOT DAMAGE PEOPLE'S PROPERTY

They also beat the poo poo out of another unarmed, non-Nazi journalist and the reason they broke this guy's camera was to destroy evidence of their crime. It's reprehensible.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

and they will be written by this guy ^

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Al! posted:

"it's important to hold people accountable for their actions"

or maybe

"it's important to cover both sides equally"

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Zikan posted:

it's a continental European alt-right group which ironically is the hotbed for more normie fascist group since they have actual parties they can support beyond a clown like trump, such as the national front, alternative for germany, party for freedom, lega nord, swiss people's party, and the true finns

that's why I think a European country is more likely to go fascist then the USA in the near future, they've got better infrastructure then our fascists fwiw
is afd gonna matter in the next election?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Zikan posted:

it's a continental European alt-right group which ironically is the hotbed for more normie fascist group since they have actual parties they can support beyond a clown like trump, such as the national front, alternative for germany, party for freedom, lega nord, swiss people's party, and the true finns

that's why I think a European country is more likely to go fascist then the USA in the near future, they've got better infrastructure then our fascists fwiw

Weird how they have stricter speech laws than us yet more and better organized fascists. So weird. So goddang weird.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

They also beat the poo poo out of another unarmed, non-Nazi journalist and the reason they broke this guy's camera was to destroy evidence of their crime. It's reprehensible.

It was also awful how they stabbed that guy that wasn't even a Nazi.

Except he was a Nazi. And he actually stabbed himself. Huh, maybe I didn't think this argument out...

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Raiad posted:

It was also awful how they stabbed that guy that wasn't even a Nazi.

Except he was a Nazi. And he actually stabbed himself. Huh, maybe I didn't think this argument out...

I'm not talking about that incident, I'm talking about when they beat the poo poo out of an unarmed journalist then stole another journalist's camera to destroy the evidence.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

i love that the current way that nazis are letting libs lead them around by the nose is claiming everyone attacked by antifa is a journalist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i cant believe antifa attacked another peaceful journalist from kkkikesmustdie.com

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I'm not talking about that incident, I'm talking about when they beat the poo poo out of an unarmed journalist then stole another journalist's camera to destroy the evidence.

if there was no evidence then why do you believe this happened this way

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

a lot of journalists have the habit of going around shoving their cameras in people's faces without identifying themselves or explaining what they're doing when they get told to stop and then they wonder why they get treated like a hostile neo-nazi

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Al! posted:

i love that the current way that nazis are letting libs lead them around by the nose is claiming everyone attacked by antifa is a journalist

He wasn't dressed in a way that indicated he was alt-right, he had an expensive camera he was protecting, and there's no evidence that he was a right-wing protestor.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

He wasn't dressed in a way that indicated he was alt-right, he had an expensive camera he was protecting, and there's no evidence that he was a right-wing protestor.

what is his name and what website does he represent

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

SpaceGoku posted:

a lot of journalists have the habit of going around shoving their cameras in people's faces without identifying themselves or explaining what they're doing when they get told to stop and then they wonder why they get treated like a hostile neo-nazi

Probably because the antifa are rightly embarrassed about what they're doing. It's gross that folks are making all these excuses for them like "he must have been a nazi" or "he might not have identified himself, therefore his rights as a journalist don't exist" especially when antifa already demonstrated at this incident you don't need to do anything wrong to get your camera smashed by them, and there's plenty of other footage of them being hostile to the press at other places.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

still waiting on that name and publication

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Actually beating up nazis is cool

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Or perhaps since we still don't know if he has any media affiliation they didn't want a potential Nazi taking photographs of the crowd that could be used to doxx protestors

Which is a real thing to worry about

This has precisely as much info to support it as your "he was a journalist" theory

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Probably because the antifa are rightly embarrassed about what they're doing. It's gross that folks are making all these excuses for them like "he must have been a nazi" or "he might not have identified himself, therefore his rights as a journalist don't exist" especially when antifa already demonstrated at this incident you don't need to do anything wrong to get your camera smashed by them, and there's plenty of other footage of them being hostile to the press at other places.

I don't get why people who bother to mask up are hostile to people recording their images,

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Jeb! Repetition posted:

lmao this guy

if a person runs up to a left-wing demonstrator and shoves a camera in their face that is indistinguishable from a neo-nazi or far-right extremist trying to get identifiable face pictures so they can later target that individual (or friends and family) for harassment or threats or more surreptitious assaults

when neo-nazis get doxxed they get fired

when leftists get doxxed they get killed (sometimes their family too)

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
He had a history of doxxing, harassing and stalking leftists, he was not an innocent journalist but a ideological propagandist, he absolutely deserved to have his rear end beat.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Liberals are so loving gullible that they fall for the crocodile tears routine every loving time. The media is more than happy to oblige this guy and give hin the attention he craves, but that's a choice they made, as was the choice to not cover the way he provoked the attack.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Or perhaps since we still don't know if he has any media affiliation they didn't want a potential Nazi taking photographs of the crowd that could be used to doxx protestors

Which is a real thing to worry about

This has precisely as much info to support it as your "he was a journalist" theory

The only ones doing anything that they should be scared of being doxxed about are wearing masks anyway.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I don't get why people who bother to mask up are hostile to people recording their images,

I do. It's because they're breaking the law and ashamed of bad poo poo they're doing.

SpaceGoku posted:

lmao this guy

if a person runs up to a left-wing demonstrator and shoves a camera in their face that is indistinguishable from a neo-nazi or far-right extremist trying to get identifiable face pictures so they can later target that individual (or friends and family) for harassment or threats or more surreptitious assaults

when neo-nazis get doxxed they get fired

when leftists get doxxed they get killed (sometimes their family too)

Again you're assuming he "ran up and shoved a camera in someone's face" when it's been shown that's not a prerequisite for hostility.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
shut the gently caress up jeb!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

rudatron posted:

He had a history of doxxing, harassing and stalking leftists, he was not an innocent journalist but a ideological propagandist, he absolutely deserved to have his rear end beat.

i havent heard of a specific journalist who was attacked by antifa that wasnt this, plenty of fictional innocents have been attacked tho

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The only ones doing anything that they should be scared of being doxxed about are wearing masks anyway.

I do. It's because they're breaking the law and ashamed of bad poo poo they're doing.

Again you're assuming he "ran up and shoved a camera in someone's face" when it's been shown that's not a prerequisite for hostility.

what was his name and publication

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Al! posted:

what was his name and publication

That hasn't come out yet. Why do you keep asking this?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i know this guy is literally a liberal strawman here for our amusement but i still enjoy it

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Right wing extremist attacks leftists: ohh noo *wets pants* we need to not provoke them by never fighting back or doing anything

Leftists fight back: That's against the law and you should be ashamed of yourself Reeeeeeeee

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Jeb! Repetition posted:

sometimes they also conveniently turn their cameras away when neo-nazis instigate violence only to start recording when the victims of neo-nazi violence try to defend themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

That hasn't come out yet. Why do you keep asking this?

because thats the basic standard of evidence required to demonstrate that the attack indeed even happened