Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't know anything about this guy personally, but I would like to note that Virginia is one of the very few states where you can still earn a law degree by apprenticeship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Holy poo poo

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I honestly wonder how much of this sort of thing went on before the internet, and whether its only due to social media that so very many people are being revealed as being utterly bugfuck crazy.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gaben...?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
^lol gently caress

that is uncanny though

holy poo poo, this case might just be half life 3

Bryter fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 1, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bryter posted:

holy poo poo, this case might just be half life 3

gently caress you, I got you beat

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Should have invested in Vitamix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uklQOwygUiE

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

He also has an amazing office.

https://twitter.com/ThePenDrake/status/903725030185459712

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Matt's never looked better.

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/903773579166322688

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lol that lawyer looks like he's made of melted candle wax

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

lol. this guy is an Arrested Development character.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Thaddius the Large posted:

I honestly wonder how much of this sort of thing went on before the internet, and whether its only due to social media that so very many people are being revealed as being utterly bugfuck crazy.

I dunno man, I feel like there's always been some real freaks in the world. Usually they are only recorded by history when they are way cool, like Emperor Norton or Moondog. But there's no need to make public record "the jackass in town with the dumb 17th century cosplay gimmick", and the world is full of those types, especially in cities.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Imagine if Frank R. "Zonpower" Wallace or that guy who's obsessed with intellectual property were still alive and in the public eye. There have always been kooks, but knowing and being able to verify crazy stories about crazy people felt more weighty before the Internet made it easy.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Imagine Henry Darger with a DeviantArt account

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What episode had the "Do you live in a bubble" quiz that was just, like, "How many of your friends own trucks?"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

The Crotch posted:

What episode had the "Do you live in a bubble" quiz that was just, like, "How many of your friends own trucks?"

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

What do you think is the best episode to introduce someone new to? Free or paid. I was thinking the Reign Over Me review one might be a good way to get someone familiar with their sense of humor besides it just being loving funny

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I Before E posted:

Imagine Henry Darger with a DeviantArt account

Rock hard

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Lightning Lord posted:

What do you think is the best episode to introduce someone new to? Free or paid. I was thinking the Reign Over Me review one might be a good way to get someone familiar with their sense of humor besides it just being loving funny

That's a premium episode and while funny, not the most representative one to start with.

The 3 listed here are probably the best to start with:
Episode 3: Freeway Ross Douthat Sailboat Dope
Episode 58: We Live In The Zone Now
Episode 75: Mr. Chapo Goes To Washington

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

That's a premium episode and while funny, not the most representative one to start with.

The 3 listed here are probably the best to start with:
Episode 3: Freeway Ross Douthat Sailboat Dope
Episode 58: We Live In The Zone Now
Episode 75: Mr. Chapo Goes To Washington

I also usually say Reign All Over My Face or Caleb

E or Better Call Saul Alinsky, where they watch that Dinesh movie with Bill Corbett

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Sep 2, 2017

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
moondog was perfectly sane, just eccentric

wesley willis, now that dude was bugfuck

e: to contribute to "best starter episode" discussion, i think the west wing episode is probably the best representation of chapo's ethic/sense of humor

quadrophrenic fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 2, 2017

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

quadrophrenic posted:

moondog was perfectly sane, just eccentric

wesley willis, now that dude was bugfuck

e: to contribute to "best starter episode" discussion, i think the west wing episode is probably the best representation of chapo's ethic/sense of humor

second on the west wing episode; because it also demonstrates how delusional the dems are.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wrong thread

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Hillary's America one was what I used to introduce my Johnson voter mom to the podcast and she liked it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The James Adomian episode is what I've used

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
President Wario has the whole thing about spending 20k on locking mechanisms for Barron, and it's what I tell people to check out. Also, In the Zone Now. I've listened to it a couple times since I got into Chapo and it's just really interesting.

EDIT: I'm listening to this episode again but it's just really consistent and good throughout.

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 2, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it's a bit hard to recommend Pre-Zone just because the tone they have of 'ok Hillary sucks but yea of COURSE she's gonna beat this screaming idiot' is just kinda never not gonna be funny now. President Wario is fantastic though, it has good jokes and if I remember right that's the one where Matt goes on a genuinely very good rant about the rise of trump as the natural end point for the ages of anti-intellectual/hyper post-modernist views slowly getting more and more mainstream

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Lightning Lord posted:

I've always loved Uber for Ubermenschen.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

It's maybe not representative of the usual tone but Jezz In My Pants (the "Let's Hear It for the Boy" ep) is so joyous and infectious, and as far as wanting to hear these people talk and make jokes in your ears for hours that vibe feels like a good starting place.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

sexpig by night posted:

yea it's a bit hard to recommend Pre-Zone just because the tone they have of 'ok Hillary sucks but yea of COURSE she's gonna beat this screaming idiot' is just kinda never not gonna be funny now.
I think that's why Tomorrow Belongs to Them might be my favourite pre-Zone episode. The combined spectacle of the two conventions, unabashed revanchism countered by, "Uh, what if I told you that liberals could be patriots, too?" created the first real, "Holy poo poo, she could actually lose" moment for the Boys.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

What? Tons. People have always been insane, we just lacked the ability to instantly share each others' neuroses, compulsions, and mental illnesses with hundreds/thousands/millions of people instantly at all times.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Episode 38

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Controversial answer the unaired tradcath interview

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
125 and 129 are both really funny and good.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That interview was a painful slog right up until Amber pops up and dunks on him hard, which instantly redeems it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That's very sink or swim

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
The Michael Rappaport Dunking Hour

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Crotch posted:

I think that's why Tomorrow Belongs to Them might be my favourite pre-Zone episode. The combined spectacle of the two conventions, unabashed revanchism countered by, "Uh, what if I told you that liberals could be patriots, too?" created the first real, "Holy poo poo, she could actually lose" moment for the Boys.

yea that also was a very good one, though the whole 'actually I talked to trump supporters and found them mostly NOT white supremacists' aged poorly.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

misadventurous posted:

It's maybe not representative of the usual tone but Jezz In My Pants (the "Let's Hear It for the Boy" ep) is so joyous and infectious, and as far as wanting to hear these people talk and make jokes in your ears for hours that vibe feels like a good starting place.

Jezz in My Pants is part of my Chapo Trap House starter trio of We Live In the Zone Now, Mr. Chapo Goes to Washington, and Jezz In My Pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea optimistic dry boys are genuinely important to balance out the parade that starts with 'ugh another majorly flawed neolib democrat president that's gonna barely bandaid the reail issues' and goes to 'oh gently caress we elected the home alone 2 guy who wants to gently caress his daughter?!'