Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Hey man, Virtue Signaling was originally coined to talk about Conservative Evangelicals being hypocrites and douchebags.

Fuckin' phrase needs to be reclaimed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

On one hand I feel bad for Kale because I was on the other end of this last weekend. And it can be really confusing, being dumped on but not understanding what you've done wrong. On the other hand it's just so clear that the thing to do is to just stop talking about it and let it go. Do more listening and less talking, nobody cares what we have to say on racial matters and to a very large extent that's with good reason. You're not going to have this big turnaround where everyone goes "Oh, you were right all along! We submit our will to yours!" Keep hating Nazis and doing what you think is right and listening and trying to be better and I think that's all you can do. But most of all just drop this one.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
“I wasn’t racist but now that you’re all being mean to me I’m starting to understand the Nazis” is up next if I remember this episode

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
my brother is visiting tomorrow. i bought him a plane ticket and i'm real excited. he's never been to my house either, the one i bought and own. he turned off the super nintendo in a fit of rage when i was 8 and he was 11 because i was beating the poo poo out of him in ken griffey junior baseball, playing as the white sox and he as the cubs. i can't wait to rub it in his face that i own a house and paid for his plane ticket and show him the impressive operation i run at work. i really love him.

anyways whats up with you guys

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kale posted:

Yes the arguing around in circles with no potential of a resolution thing really is stupid to me. The soul searching that America is trying to do in the aftermath of Charlottesville (that happened literally a day after ) and trying to figure it's poo poo out I made that post is something that I think definitely needs to happen though. Sorry I just don't think things get resolved and people's quality of life improves by flinging poo poo at each other on the internet and forcing discussions about identity politics into places where they have no place.

Hand-wringing over "identity politics" while America is soul-searching after a tragedy at a loving KKK rally is like complaining about livestock cruelty and then eating a cheeseburger.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Hand-wringing over "identity politics" while America is soul-searching after a tragedy at a loving KKK rally is like complaining about livestock cruelty and then eating a cheeseburger.

i mean it's already dead, someone has to eat it call it racists epitaphs

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

its a solemn but joyful experience to watch kale die, kind of like an aztec sacrifice. today you, tommorrow me

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
What's a million to a successful billionaire like trump

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

skylined! posted:

:420: / listening to kanye / dunking on goons every day

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Xae posted:

Hey man, Virtue Signaling was originally coined to talk about Conservative Evangelicals being hypocrites and douchebags.

No it was originally coined as some anthropologist thing that had nothing to do with anything the right wing decided it meant.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Hellblazer187 posted:

On one hand I feel bad for Kale because I was on the other end of this last weekend. And it can be really confusing, being dumped on but not understanding what you've done wrong. On the other hand it's just so clear that the thing to do is to just stop talking about it and let it go. Do more listening and less talking, nobody cares what we have to say on racial matters and to a very large extent that's with good reason. You're not going to have this big turnaround where everyone goes "Oh, you were right all along! We submit our will to yours!" Keep hating Nazis and doing what you think is right and listening and trying to be better and I think that's all you can do. But most of all just drop this one.

I really am honestly amazed myself at the level to which this escalated looking back over the last 5 pages. :stare:

In retrospect I would have probably done and said a few things differently because I just figured people would be like "Oh my bad I see what you meant by that post now" instead of doubling down and doubling down and doubling down until now we're concocting a narrative where I'm a racist and a /pol/ plant troll. I understand that's what happens now and will be making note of it in the future that that's just what happens no matter what you say or do. When people dig in they dig in loving hard here, it's almost admirable in a way.

Thanks for the advice, it definitely tracks now. I never asked that people submit to me though, just that people understand what is actually being implied but I realize now it doesn't work that way. Disappointing but that's the internet and when in Rome do as the Romans do I suppose.

Kale fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 2, 2017

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Calibanibal posted:

its a solemn but joyful experience to watch kale die, kind of like an aztec sacrifice. today you, tommorrow me

I have a Kale that was bred to help feed shipbuilders during WWII, pretty tasty all and all. If you let it grow it the stems can be over 6 feet tall.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Shot, dying, the sheriff slumps down, against the filthy bar.

I don't...deserve this...

I...was gonna watch Hamilton...

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

skylined! posted:

I would be playing the new XCOM 2 expansion but I just moved to a literal Civil War battlefield and I don't have wifi :argh:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Kale posted:

In retrospect I would have probably done and said a few things differently...instead of doubling down and doubling down and doubling down...When people dig in they dig in loving hard here, it's almost admirable in a way.

:ironicat:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kale posted:

So we're actually doing the whole "he's a racist" thing straight up now which is cool cause now I really can treat this whole tangent as a complete and utter joke and be done with it. Thanks thread.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

@Koalas March.

Please use some gifs with white people in them. Your gif affirmative action is robbing me of my innocence.

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

Kale posted:

I really am honestly amazed myself at the level to which this escalated looking back over the last 5 pages. :stare:

In retrospect I would have probably done and said a few things differently because I just figured people would be like "Oh my bad I see what you meant by that post now" instead of doubling down and doubling down and doubling down until now we're concocting a narrative where I'm a racist and a /pol/ plant troll. I understand that's what happens now and will be making note of it in the future that that's just what happens no matter what you say or do. When people dig in they dig in loving hard here, it's almost admirable in a way.

Thanks for the advice, it definitely tracks now.

No, no, keep telling us about the identity politics and how racism isn't relevant to discussing the KKK and Nazis. I insist.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Koalas March posted:

:420: / listening to kanye / dunking on goons every day

e: WAIT I GOT A BETTER ONE

skylined! fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 2, 2017

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Trabisnikof posted:

I have a Kale that was bred to help feed shipbuilders during WWII, pretty tasty all and all. If you let it grow it the stems can be over 6 feet tall.

oh please you know drat well they ate spinach. you've seen popeye (first american antifa BTW)

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Kale posted:

In retrospect I would have probably done and said a few things differently because I just figured people would be like "Oh my bad I see what you meant by that post now" instead of doubling down and doubling down and doubling down until now we're concocting a narrative where I'm a racist and a /pol/ plant troll.

Kale posted:

instead of doubling down and doubling down and doubling down

Kale posted:

and doubling down and doubling down

irony is loving dead

No Butt Stuff posted:

@Koalas March.

Please use some gifs with white people in them. Your gif affirmative action is robbing me of my innocence.

Kale
May 14, 2010

William Contraalto posted:

No, no, keep telling us about the identity politics and how racism isn't relevant to discussing the KKK and Nazis. I insist.

Nope I'm burying the hatchet now. I don't like it but since somebody finally made a convincing argument after like 5 pages it's time. Go attack someone else and get them to tell you about it now.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Koalas March posted:

irony is loving dead

THANK YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
[quote="“Kale”" post="“475987110”"]
Nope I’m burying the hatchet now. I don’t like it but since somebody finally made a convincing argument after like 5 pages it’s time. Go attack someone else and get them to tell you about it now.
[/quote]

“What is dog whistling?” 10 pages later “Well I’m done trying to teach you all anything”

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Its too late now kale, we're on you like maggots on a bone

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Kale posted:

Nope I'm burying the hatchet now. I don't like it but since somebody finally made a convincing argument after like 5 pages it's time. Go attack someone else and get them to tell you about it now.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/903795618673504256

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

Kale posted:

Man, dude, if someone asking to discuss what you believe makes you feel attacked, never, ever, for the love of Christ, leave your apartment. You won't last five minutes out there.

SuperMarrio
Mar 26, 2005

Those who live by capitalism must be prepared to die by it.

I absolutely love this place

edit:

Koalas March posted:

irony is loving dead

SuperMarrio fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 2, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kale posted:

You don't bury the hatchet by ripping it out and swinging it in again.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
My connecting flight to Lihue has arrived. I ascend.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You guys doing hot dogs for the labor day weekend? I think I'm gonna do brats and hmong style chicken wings because i've met some lovely ethnic people in Wisconsin.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Calibanibal posted:

oh please you know drat well they ate spinach. you've seen popeye (first american antifa BTW)

I y'am what I y'am!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

You don't bury the hatchet by ripping it out and swinging it in again.

Indeed.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

marshmonkey posted:

They aren't saying there isn't going to be a million bucks donated, they just don't know if it's coming out of the Trump Foundation, or from Trump personally. (hey, it's the same thing right?)

One comes from Trump's pocket, the other from Russia's and other sources of dark money.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

You guys doing hot dogs for the labor day weekend? I think I'm gonna do brats and hmong style chicken wings because i've met some lovely ethnic people in Wisconsin.

I'm doing "pretend everything is cool while your wife is leaving you" ribs.

They should be spicy.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

thank you for being terrible Kale, this derail brought some much needed levity

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'm doing "pretend everything is cool while your wife is leaving you" ribs.

They should be spicy.

Beef or Pork?

edit: i mean the ribs

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

I y'am what I y'am!

popeye carries a certains pinach

aaa ga ga ga

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

Beef or Pork?

Pork. I'm gonna pretend but I've still gotta save a bunch of money to give her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Arglebargle III posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI74fQE--Rs

• Locked thread