Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Both! Because I've only ever seen Ooo's. I'm gonna be watching the poo poo out of other seasons after I finish this, tho

I recommend, in order: Gaim, Den-o, Kabuto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am a pile of garbage. I replaced into a game and then could not play it.

I would like to sign up for a fresh game that isn't overwhelming as my comeback game.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hello i need two more people to be kind to newbies and also a cuddly cat https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3832143

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Captain Foo posted:

hello i need two more people to be kind to newbies and also a cuddly cat https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3832143

Great timing.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:yayclod:

that was amazing and bodes well for the game :cabot:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Podima posted:

I recommend, in order: Gaim, Den-o, Kabuto.
Gaim is great, but a bad first series. Den-O only has TV-Nihon subs, don't subject the poor bastard to that. Never watched Kabuto.

BUT THAT BEING SAID.

PMush Perfect posted:

HERE'S SOME OPINIONS ABOUT KARATE BUGMANS

Kamen Rider Decade

Kamen Rider Double/W
A wannabe noir detective and his boyfriend partner, Magic Google Man, fight drug abuse metaphors in Japanese not-Chicago.
Most-recommended entry point into the series. Likes to dip in quality right before another plot moment yanks it back up into being fantastic again.

Kamen Rider OOO
A hobo obsessed with underwear and his boyfriend partner, an evil talking arm, fight greed monsters made of money.
Has a filler-ific middle, but a decent ending and entertaining character interactions throughout, plus some great music. Somehow manages to be even gayer that Double.

Kamen Rider Fourze
A Grease cosplayer who wants to be friends with everyone has adventures in space with a squad of high school stereotypes.
High energy, very optimistic. The characters are the meat and potatoes of the series, so if they don't click for you, may not be enjoyable. Decent entry point.

Kamen Rider Wizard
A wizard who loves donuts Mary Sues his way through people's hopes and dreams.
Has a dragon that turns into a motorcycle and still somehow manages to be boring.

Kamen Rider Gaim
Ken Urobochi's Dancing Fruit Samurai. Starts goofy as poo poo, and then people start dying.
Doesn't really stick the landing, but the story has very little filler. Not a good starter series, unless the above description really stuck with you. Love-it-or-hate-it.
PS: Don't watch the last episode.

Kamen Rider Drive
A car-nerd police officer and his talking belt vs. the robot uprising.
Best villains in a Kamen Rider series bar none. Very strong cast, if in a slightly cartoonish way. Good entry point if you can get past the conceit of "sentient toy cars".

Kamen Rider Ghost
A dying guy with no personality uses the souls of legendary historic figures (and public domain characters) to punch ghosts.
Starts somewhat bad, gets good in the middle, then gets even worse. Good secondary rider is the only reason to watch it, and you'll still weep over the wasted potential.

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Doctors with retro game powers punch the Pac-Man Fever out of people. Starts goofy as poo poo, and then people start dying.
Has no right to be as good as it is. Takes a little while to spin up; the first dozen episodes are a bit slow.

Kamen Rider Build
Sports drinks and animals?
Not much info yet. Please be good.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

So many Kamen Rider fans :allears:

I'm pretty committed to OOO but I will definitely return to advice to branch out after I finish it! Sad the middle has a lot of filler, it's balls out great right now

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Quidthulhu posted:

So many Kamen Rider fans :allears:

I'm pretty committed to OOO but I will definitely return to advice to branch out after I finish it! Sad the middle has a lot of filler, it's balls out great right now
God, I love OOO so much. It was my first, too. My favorite is Fourze, but I'll always have a soft spot for Underwear Hobo and Feathered Hair

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
someone was watching fury road on the plane in front of me and I now want to do a fury road game

sirsamvimes already did one but it had vanilla characters in it

fury road game should not have vanilla characters

will open probably mid-October

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Did you know that some Mafia games need just four more players to start? One of those games is called Witches of Lychford. Strange, but true!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Somberbrero posted:

Did you know that some Mafia games need just four more players to start? One of those games is called Witches of Lychford. Strange, but true!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hey what's the deal with everyone trying to give me potato chips when I get a sandwich?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
they cant put them in the sandwich for you or theyd get all soggy, duhh

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it's mafia

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So, I discovered a fatal flaw in like a solid third of my puzzles (that flaw being "people created similar enough puzzles that Google broke the game"), so Room 19 may be a little delayed while I solve that issue. Coming up with unique puzzles is HARD.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

So, I discovered a fatal flaw in like a solid third of my puzzles (that flaw being "people created similar enough puzzles that Google broke the game"), so Room 19 may be a little delayed while I solve that issue. Coming up with unique puzzles is HARD.

As a D&D DM (who runs games online so Google is a thing) you're not wrong.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JUBY CHIRPS LIVES

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yes dear, of course she does.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It's really hot in CA today, I don't like it

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Quidthulhu posted:

Your complaint has been filed and we're working on it

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Quidthulhu posted:

I hate it here too

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
hot weather is the best, you're all wrong

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Quidthulhu posted:

Yo, where in CA are you? I'm in the bay. Well, east bay, where it is hell on earth.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mordiceius posted:

Yo, where in CA are you? I'm in the bay. Well, east bay, where it is hell on earth.

that's unrelated to the weather though

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Mordiceius posted:

I am in the northern Sac valley myself, where it was 112 and moderately on fire.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Yeah. I'm in Hayward which hit about 105 today. Good thing I bought a portable AC for my apartment.

Got into work today and had to shut down everything because my boss's computer was spazzing out because the raid was over heating due to no AC in the building. But SF is usually never like this.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
sf went up like 20c in one week

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Birdstrike posted:

sf went up like 20c in one week

what's a c

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

a measurement people can actually use

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

No loving way! I'm also in the East Bay, haha. It was really hot today, like 114!!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

No loving way! I'm also in the East Bay, haha. It was really hot today, like 114!!

Yeah. I moved out to Berkeley in 2014 and then moved down to Hayward last year because Berkeley got too expensive.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
It's always 70 and breezy on the Oregon coast :j:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

It's always 70 and breezy on the Oregon coast :j:

Oh, where at? I lived a majority of my life in North Bend/Coos Bay and still have a bunch of family there. I'd really want to move back to the coast of Washington or Oregon if I ever get my life in enough order to make it feasible.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Mithross posted:

Oh, where at? I lived a majority of my life in North Bend/Coos Bay and still have a bunch of family there. I'd really want to move back to the coast of Washington or Oregon if I ever get my life in enough order to make it feasible.

Whaaaat no way! I moved to Lincoln City in June and absolutely love it out here :)

After living my entire life in New England it's really kind of amazing to adjust to the beauty / space / cost of living /general chillaxed attitude (:350:) in the PNW.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jesus loving Christ. Potter Puppet Pals was ten years ago.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
so was 9/11, wow

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

so was 9/11, wow
September 11th was 16 years ago as of next week.

There are people who graduated high school last month who have only the fainted memory of it. Within a couple weeks, there will be people driving who were born after it.

Someone born the day that The Matrix came out in theaters would have turned 18 six months ago and probably just graduated high school.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
9/11 was picture day my junior year of high school. Not a happy yearbook.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Yo did this already start or are you still testing it? I'd love to participate in some sort of way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yo did this already start or are you still testing it? I'd love to participate in some sort of way
I'm still taking presigns. I'd hoped to open on September 1st but it might not be for another week or two.