Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Clitch posted:

I got pumped full of fluids and morphine and sent home with my prescriptions. If the knife twisting in my side is any indication, I am still working on it.

I feel you. Had one of those a couple months ago, barfed on the ER floor from the pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

A Proper Uppercut posted:

I feel you. Had one of those a couple months ago, barfed on the ER floor from the pain.

pro tip: dont get sent home with a knife in your insides

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Powaqoatse posted:

pro tip: dont get sent home with a knife in your insides

Yeah, the doctor's gonna want that back.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Second pro-tip: Don't get the surgeon who wears a watch in the operating room.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't have malignant hyperthermia, when you have no way of knowing about it until you get general anesthesia for the first time. :negative:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Randaconda posted:

Don't have malignant hyperthermia, when you have no way of knowing about it until you get general anesthesia for the first time. :negative:

I didn't even know that was a thing. Oh my.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Randaconda posted:

Wait what? You’re lucky you lived. You terrify me.

Hope you enjoyed draining the cities supply of dantrolene.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bum the Sad posted:

Wait what? You’re lucky you lived. You terrify me.

Hope you enjoyed draining the cities supply of dantrolene.

Yeah, they put me under after I got an infected wisdom tooth, and they were just gonna pull all of them, and it turned out I have it. Woke the next morning with my mother and sister in my room looking very concerned.

And since Shands is a teaching hospital, I had all these baby docs (and a few older docs who hadn't seen it) wandering by to look at my chart and make thoughtful sounds.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Did they get the teeth out at least?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They did!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Baronjutter posted:

I don't get poo poo like this. Why does it need to be online? It squeezes juice. I'm into laser cutting and there's this fancy new home laser cutter that came out but it's the same poo poo, it's over-priced for what you get and it requires and constant internet connection. Instead of just loading a file directly into the machine you have to go to their website, upload your file, and then have the company send your file to your machine. Why the gently caress does anyone buy poo poo like this and why do companies get such hardons for arrangements like that? It seems like way more overhead for them. Just give people the software to run your machine and no you don't need to deal with any wifi poo poo.

Every tech-bro dream of the future, no matter how grand or dressed up, basically boils down to every aspect of your life run on some sort of subscription service.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Randaconda posted:

Yeah, they put me under after I got an infected wisdom tooth, and they were just gonna pull all of them, and it turned out I have it. Woke the next morning with my mother and sister in my room looking very concerned.

And since Shands is a teaching hospital, I had all these baby docs (and a few older docs who hadn't seen it) wandering by to look at my chart and make thoughtful sounds.

Glad you aren’t dead bro! You made a lot of people’s buttholes pucker. I hope I never see that in my career.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Can't they blast that kidney stone poo poo with sound waves or gamma rays or some poo poo? It's 2017, the diagnosis of "strange horrible little rock in body" shouldn't have to come with a prescription of "just painfully ruin your dickhole and pee it out".

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bum the Sad posted:

Glad you aren’t dead bro! You made a lot of people’s buttholes pucker. I hope I never see that in my career.

Yeah, the docs told me it doesn't come up that often, thankfully.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Rough Lobster posted:

Can't they blast that kidney stone poo poo with sound waves or gamma rays or some poo poo? It's 2017, the diagnosis of "strange horrible little rock in body" shouldn't have to come with a prescription of "just painfully ruin your dickhole and pee it out".

Yes. You absolutely have access to that procedure.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

steinrokkan posted:

Why isn't he getting up, is he dead?
Not a mountain biker, but I'd imagine freezing where you land on getting thrown from your bike is best practice—let the disorientation pass and avoid accidentally stumbling off a steep incline.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

oh man that is so bad and great

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

It would have been bad enough just going in off the deflection, but the ball doesn’t cross the line until the keeper touches it and that makes it even more delicious :allears:

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
News bloopers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfpo9-ZvAkM

Today I saw somebody riding a hoverboard on the sidewalk. There was a lump of fabric and he ran right into and took a tumble. I finally got to see it happen in real life. :allears:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

LawfulWaffle posted:

This one has to be an art project. Sure once you've gotten you bike stuck in the wet cement you wouldn't just walk through it, you'd at least walk on the grass next to it. Right?

Bike and Sidewalk by Brad Downey

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

ekuNNN posted:

Never gets old :allears:

That's Chris "Crybaby" Cantwell, the Neo-Nazi who was all proud of his beliefs in a Vice documentary filmed at Charlottesville, but posted a youtube of himself crying because he was afraid to get arrested afterwards. He's in jail now :allears:

It gets even better.

Highlights from the article:

• his lawyer, Elmer Woodward (Cantwell's fourth choice, after three other attorneys turned him down) appears to be a complete nutjob
  • the lawyer "appeared in court wearing an early-1800s-style red waistcoat with gold buttons, bowtie, white muttonchop whiskers, black velcro shoes, and a a 1910s-style straw boater hat."
  • Woodard previously attempted to defend a client accused of sexual assault by a 15-year-old girl by claiming that the man’s sleepwalking caused him to rape her
  • "Woodard objected, claiming that videos of his own client speaking were hearsay evidence."

And it goes on ... do yourself a favour and read the article, that little nazi poo poo's a gift that keeps on giving.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:psyduck:
I mean I'm glad the Nazi's lawyer is a loving loony, but god drat

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

At the nursing home where my mum works they were checking in a dementia patient who was being committed by his family against his will.

He grabbed a fire extinguisher off the wall and jumped into cover behind a couch, popping up only to blast c02 into the face of any nurse who got within 10 feet.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Clitch posted:

I got pumped full of fluids and morphine and sent home with my prescriptions. If the knife twisting in my side is any indication, I am still working on it.

As long as you don't have a fever you will(probably) be fine, your just passing a jagged rock out of your kidney into your bladder. I hope for your sake it breaks up by then, passing it out the urethra is a whole other adventure.

Randaconda posted:

You are a lucky fucker, we did a drill for this in my department the other day. The amount of reversal drugs they have to pump into you in a short time frame boggles the mind. There is several someones who's whole task is to stand there and mix giant syringes of drugs, you need several people because they will be mixing for 15 to 20 minutes as fast as they can. Meanwhile everyone else tries to prevent you from cooking yourself to death.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

and that is that.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Free Speech

by invitation only

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

.gifv files only work as a URL, not as an image, just like .MP4 files.

Also, did you mean to post that in here? All she does is succeed and look awesome.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The guy that created Juicero is partying at Burning Man while his $120 million dollar company is burning down

https://www.instagram.com/dougevans/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Memento posted:

.gifv files only work as a URL, not as an image, just like .MP4 files.

Also, did you mean to post that in here? All she does is succeed and look awesome.

It's just very meta, the schadenfreude is on all the people expecting schadenfreude

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Mu Zeta posted:

The guy that created Juicero is partying at Burning Man while his $120 million dollar company is burning down

If I bilked $120 million out of idiot venture capitalists, I probably would, too.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Mu Zeta posted:

IIRC, he sold a controlling share to an investor who then promptly forced him out of the company, he already got paid and got out, not surprising that he'd be partying.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He sure is into juices with his tags. Man I hate this guy.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

She's terrible at riding a bike

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

mcbexx posted:

• his lawyer, Elmer Woodward (Cantwell's fourth choice, after three other attorneys turned him down) appears to be a complete nutjob
  • the lawyer "appeared in court wearing an early-1800s-style red waistcoat with gold buttons, bowtie, white muttonchop whiskers, black velcro shoes, and a a 1910s-style straw boater hat."
  • Woodard previously attempted to defend a client accused of sexual assault by a 15-year-old girl by claiming that the man’s sleepwalking caused him to rape her
  • "Woodard objected, claiming that videos of his own client speaking were hearsay evidence."

Crazily, this has a basis in fact with sexsomnia

quote:

In extreme cases, sexsomnia has been alleged, and accepted, as at least a part of the cause of sexual assault, including rape.

"A man who was convicted of raping an underage girl after a DNA test showed he was the father of her unborn child has been cleared by an appeals court – because he was asleep at the time."

So I guess Woodward was hoping to get his client off on the same sort of thing. I have to hope that it is very hard to prove and you'd need a bunch of evidence to back it up. No idea what that might be.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I had a 7mm kidney stone about a decade or so ago and I was laid out on pain pills for about a month till that fucker passed. Lithotripsy basically just sort of made a small dent in the fucker and then I had to pass it which sucked massive amounts.

Went in for xrays for a back problem a couple weeks back, and discovered there's another one there. Bigger than the last one. It's like a sequel to the worst time in my life.

Got an appt in a few weeks to see if it's gonna move or if it's just gonna sit there, since I've had nil pain or anything from it.

I guess the schaden is that I discovered this about 6 weeks? or so after I decided no more sodas and I'm gonna eat and drink healthy and whatnot.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Gromit posted:

Crazily, this has a basis in fact with sexsomnia

"A man who was convicted of raping an underage girl after a DNA test showed he was the father of her unborn child has been cleared by an appeals court – because he was asleep at the time."

So I guess Woodward was hoping to get his client off on the same sort of thing. I have to hope that it is very hard to prove and you'd need a bunch of evidence to back it up. No idea what that might be.

Well, as a ex-polysom tech, I would think a proper sleep study, where the EEG array shows him ACTUALLY asleep as he is trying to hump random objects in the area might be a good place to start...

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I have a very sexy disease...sexlexia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I didn't have an issue pissing out my kidney stone, it was just a quick pinch in my dick and it was over. I did however pass the gently caress out in the bathroom and hit my head on the sink when it first came on.