Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Never act like KM ain't got the receipts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

FizFashizzle posted:

just so we're clear, pence is dead in the water

Near the horse?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Oh my god, it's all in cursive.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
What the gently caress KM, that's not dogge tax

Now we've truly crossed the event horizon, where is Trump with them tweets

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I have no dog in this fight, which I find an apt metaphor because dog fighting like the posting here is a barbaric practice, but haven't you said you're leaving like six times before now?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Near the horse?

so he's not the horse? oh...

EDIT: Paying KM's dogge tax

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Kale posted:

Here we go again? :stare:

I've learned that people in this thread really REALLY need to watch what they say dear loving god. To be honest it still has me debating whether I want to be a part of this thread anymore because you just have to be so loving careful it's insane.

Just don't talk about "big booty gyarus" and we're fine.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Rick Ross is a dog

He knows what he did

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Domestic Amuse posted:

DnD's Trump thread is becoming indistinguishable from C-SPAM's Trump thread. Should I be worried? :ohdear:

No, but it would really help not to engage people who can't understand the basics of race relations even with dozens of posts explaining it. Sometimes you have to move on and write them off as a lost cause while you pursuit more fruitful avenues. If they come around in their own time that is fine.

Anybody here who plays the centrist or "Both sides" card should be the forum equivalent of punched in the face because you do not negotiate with that kind of poo poo.

How many A4s of the map does Donald give out a day? Who does he give it to and does he repeatedly do so to the same person? Is he still using his first run or has he "Upgraded" to stone paper or a heavier gloss? Does he keep smaller version to pull out of his pocket or does he fold the A4s. How many does he have framed and where are they?

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

oohhboy posted:

Is Donald still giving out A4's of his 2016 electoral map? This is important.

Letter size. What kind of commie foreigner uses A4 in America?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Bush 1, Clinton and Obama should start sending him their electoral maps.

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005
It's also considered bad form to use MLK snippets without serious consideration of the whole thesis of the speech.
There is a long history of white people cherry picking quotes to justify passivity in the face of social injustice because you have nice thoughts in your heart. MLK called such behavior out himself.
Needless to say that "I have a dream" is so much more than hey guys, life without skin tone bias sure would be swell.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Mulva posted:

I have no dog in this fight, which I find an apt metaphor because dog fighting like the posting here is a barbaric practice, but haven't you said you're leaving like six times before now?

Trying to let sleeping dogs where they lie yes. I mean if people want to discuss the whole Trump issue again instead of just absolutely making GBS threads on users for sport again then great I'm happy to be here, but if this is the angle people plan on taking then I don't see how me leaving or saving is going to salvage this thread any time soon either way to be honest.

And yeah the posting has gotten absolutely ridiculous hasn't it. It definitely wasn't like this when I first started posting in the thread, but then again congress wasn't in recess and Trump was on daily rather than weekly twitter tears.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I never actually thought I'd be hoping for this but here we are. If he's not tweeting or generally being a poo poo human being the posters really do turn on each other here fast as lightning for what I guess is entertainment. It makes me question how many people are here to discuss the issues somewhat seriously versus having someone to poo poo on which up until Kelly Trump was good for on a daily basis.

Ague Proof posted:

Just don't talk about "big booty gyarus" and we're fine.

I love it when things are easy for a change.

n3wt posted:

It's also considered bad form to use MLK snippets without serious consideration of the whole thesis of the speech.
There is a long history of white people cherry picking quotes to justify passivity in the face of social injustice because you have nice thoughts in your heart. MLK called such behavior out himself.
Needless to say that "I have a dream" is so much more than hey guys, life without skin tone bias sure would be swell.

Come on dude really? You think I don't get that. Am I not allowed to have a favorite quote that I've taken to heart from the guys speech now that just happens to be in the body of the most famous part of the address. Maybe there's a reason it's the most well remembered by the world at large. Not everything needs to be an issue or something to soap box about.

Kale fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 2, 2017

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Kale posted:

Also worth mentioning the brand of "civil rights" I so utterly loathe to discuss is that co-opted version of it places like the KKK use to try to inject their inability to view the world through anything other than racist and baleful terms into every conversation they can. loving hate it. I don't want to be looking for information on the ball game or something and have to hear some loving assholes latest diatribe on why they want to be pissy about a black player or non-Christian male managers being in the league and horseshit about an Zionist Agenda etc. etc. It's painful to me. That's the "civil rights" I utterly loathe and seek to avoid entertaining conversations about for any length of time, not the kind whose end goal seeks equal rights and civil liberties for people of all walks of life that came out of the sufferage movements. Hopefully for the writers that are publishing from a position of good faith that clears a few things up.

It strikes me as very trendy at the moment. Trendy doesn't specifically mean something new and hip to me, just what's currently hip. I went from never really seeing the term to seeing it used several times constantly in these papers this week. Perhaps that's one of those matters of perspective though.

Here we go again? :stare:

I've learned that people in this publication really REALLY need to watch what they say dear loving god. To be honest it still has me debating whether I want to be a part of this newspaper anymore because you just have to be so loving careful it's insane.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
ahahaha wow

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

n3wt posted:

There is a long history of white people cherry picking quotes to justify passivity

This also happens to the Bible so I'd say MLK is in good company.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Time to shut up Kale. It is a simple statement that requires no reply simply implementation.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Homeboy sent me an angry pm too lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Koalas March posted:

Post it, immediately

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Kale posted:

Trying to let sleeping dogs where they lie yes.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Jesus it seems like there's enough Trump news around that you guys can take this stupid poo poo to another thread

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

kale is laying on the floor bleeding to death and yall are telling him to stop groaning

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Google Butt posted:

Post it, immediately

People are being too pissy about fun itt

Pm me 😂😂😂

Kale
May 14, 2010

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Jesus it seems like there's enough Trump news around that you guys can take this stupid poo poo to another thread

If Trumps being a poo poo in Texas tomorrow like he almost certainly will be and making headlines and people are still just making GBS threads on each other for no reason and calling out posts people made in other forums to poo poo on them and reacting to those instead of talking about the news and Trump that's when I say gently caress it to this thread and chalk it up as a lost cause. I think that seems fair. If people want this thread to be gifs and just attacking others for poo poo that isn't even close to the topic than majority rule but it's going to be a really lovely thread for it. This is already really starting to remind me way to much of how 4chan works at the moment anyway. Like just poo poo on people, attack them, hate the other users and avoid talking about what's in the actual thread header at all costs.

Kale fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 2, 2017

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

Kale posted:

If Trumps being a poo poo in Texas tomorrow like he almost certainly will be and making headlines and people are still just making GBS threads on each other for no reason and calling out posts people made in other forums to poo poo on them and reacting to those instead of talking about the news and Trump that's when I say gently caress it to this thread and chalk it up as a lost cause.

Glad to hear it.

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005
Kale was told to stop sealioning and couldn't bother to google it before sealioning about being called a sealion.
It's not complicated.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

When people are embarrassed about a dumb post and trying to save face they always start posting a mile a minute.

Step away from the computer, Kale!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Koalas March posted:

i love that every gbs shitposter who talks about my gifs uses the word "sassy"

not a dogwhistle

fun fact: if you search the forum for "sassy gif" it's 3 pages of people talking about me all using the same term :allears:

Except for the one truly dedicated Homeward Bound fan who just doesn't understand the objections. :negative:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Koalas March posted:

The problem with this is you're essentially saying "I don't see race". I would be happy to explain why this is a problem if you are actually going to listen but I expect it will be a futile exercise.

also re: MLK

I have on several occasions literally not seen race. I didn't know that my ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend was black, despite seeing pictures of him for two and a half years on Facebook.

I finally learned he was black because it was mentioned in a GBS thread, and then I was like "Oh, okay, I guess that means a lot of things make sense"

Kale
May 14, 2010

William Contraalto posted:

Glad to hear it.

Well Mr. One Week Poster you seem to want this thread to be hot loving garbage so I can't say I'm remotely surprised to hear that.

Wendell posted:

When people are embarrassed about a dumb post and trying to save face they always start posting a mile a minute.

Step away from the computer, Kale!

Alright how about this. I'm gonna go away for 2-3 hours, I'll come back and we'll see if this thread has gotten anywhere even close to back on track and not just other people making GBS threads on other people just because. I'm more than happy to do this and lets see what happens okay. My guess is you just start attacking another poster and talk about anything but Donald Trump, his administration and tweets but I truly hope I'm wrong.

Kale fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 2, 2017

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

glowing-fish posted:

I have on several occasions literally not seen race. I didn't know that my ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend was black, despite seeing pictures of him for two and a half years on Facebook.

I finally learned he was black because it was mentioned in a GBS thread, and then I was like "Oh, okay, I guess that means a lot of things make sense"

But you assumed they were white because that's the default in ambiguous situations right? Or are you trying to say that sometimes race isn't determinable just through a photo?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Domestic Amuse posted:

Dog whistles are not supposed to sound like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHc288IPFzk

more like a rapid fire of small quacks. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q38Y5FLK63k

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Kale posted:

I've learned that people in this thread really REALLY need to watch what they say dear loving god. To be honest it still has me debating whether I want to be a part of this thread anymore because you just have to be so loving careful it's insane.

Nah.

If you are actually dedicated to the cause, then I'm not sure why you're complaining about people calling you out.
People called you out for using white privilege language and you said you sort of understand that thing a bit better now, and that's actually pretty good, but here you are again taking issue with people calling something out, undermining your own admission and the validity of your previous statements.

You're basically putting your foot in your own mouth with such a frequency that it makes people assume you might be a troll.

And now you're claiming that "OH MY GOD, THIS IS SO DIFFICULT", implying the fault lies with them, except it isn't difficult for a lot of the posters in this thread to not be like that. Several immediately pointed out the issue with your earlier "colourblindness" post in quick succession and the explanation aligned. So it isn't really a weird irrational overreaction to harmless statements, but an actual common issue that many people are acquainted with.

Covok or some of the other posters get a lot of poo poo for other reasons.
You get a lot of poo poo because you have a talent for looking disingenuous.
And that is due to the way you present your own arguments.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 2, 2017

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Kale posted:

Alright how about this. I'm gonna go away for 2-3 hours, I'll come back and we'll see if this thread has gotten anywhere even close to back on track and not just other people making GBS threads on other people just because. I'm more than happy to do this and lets see what happens okay. My guess is you just start attacking another poster and talk about anything but Donald Trump, his administration and tweets but I truly hope I'm wrong.

dude you are rapidly proving to be an enormous piece of poo poo

you are not a victim

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Hey guys, good news. Seems that crying nazi was just JOKING about killing Jews. GET IT?

quote:

Chris Cantwell’s new lawyer claims the infamous “Crying Nazi” was joking about killing Jews — like he did in his failed stand-up career.

According to The Daily Beast, ‘Crying Nazi’ Cantwell‘s new lawyer called Cantwell as a “shock jock” and compared him to the (Jewish) comedian Jackie Mason.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/lawyer-for-crying-white-supremacist-chris-cantwell-insists-client-was-just-joking-about-genocide/

IT'S JUST AN PRANK BRO!! :qq:

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Kale posted:

If Trumps being a poo poo in Texas tomorrow like he almost certainly will be and making headlines and people are still just making GBS threads on each other for no reason and calling out posts people made in other forums to poo poo on them and reacting to those instead of talking about the news and Trump that's when I say gently caress it to this thread and chalk it up as a lost cause. I think that seems fair. If people want this thread to be gifs and just attacking others for poo poo that isn't even close to the topic than majority rule but it's going to be a really lovely thread for it. This is already really starting to remind me way to much of how 4chan works at the moment anyway. Like just poo poo on people, attack them, hate the other users and avoid talking about what's in the actual thread header at all costs.

yes, yes, it's the thread. not you, not your incessant posting of your own flagrant ignorance.

we would all be thrilled if you left and several others will likely be telling you the same. this is not groupthink in action, it's is ostracism because of you're constant stupidity and inability to shut up

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Kale posted:

No. People are calling you out specifically because you're an idiot and an rear end in a top hat and you STILL keep pretending that you're smarter than you think you are instead of listening to people and self-reflecting. You are the worst kind of self-centered centrist liberal trash. Grow up. Learn to admit when you're wrong instead of playing the victim card like a child.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Koalas March posted:

lol

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Mr Interweb posted:

Hey guys, good news. Seems that crying nazi was just JOKING about killing Jews. GET IT?

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/lawyer-for-crying-white-supremacist-chris-cantwell-insists-client-was-just-joking-about-genocide/

IT'S JUST AN PRANK BRO!! :qq:

Those bullets in his gun were just JOKE bullets!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Alright im gonna stop posting for 10 minutes and when i come back yall be over the fact that I have tasted human flesh

• Locked thread