Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
n3wt
Dec 22, 2005
In unrelated news, did anyone watch The Night Shift finale last night? It had *the violent left* shooting up a college graduation ceremony because they didn't like the conservative guest speaker, oh and the lefties also infiltrated the police.
Yeah, so that stupid narrative is spreading.

n3wt fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Real talk: if you didn't join the forums to dunk on lovely people I don't want to know you

Like don't even breathe in my direction

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Battlestar did it first.

n3wt posted:

In unrelated news, did anyone watch The Night Shift finale last night? It had *the violent left* shooting up a college graduation ceremony because they didn't like the conservative guest speaker, oh and the lefties also infiltrated the police.
Yeah, so that stupid narrative is spreading.

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

Kale posted:

Well Mr. One Week Poster you seem to want this thread to be hot loving garbage so I can't say I'm remotely surprised to hear that.

Alright how about this. I'm gonna go away for 2-3 hours, I'll come back and we'll see if this thread has gotten anywhere even close to back on track and not just other people making GBS threads on other people just because. I'm more than happy to do this and lets see what happens okay. My guess is you just start attacking another poster and talk about anything but Donald Trump, his administration and tweets but I truly hope I'm wrong.

I suggest trying this kind of lecturing on people in real life and seeing how much respect you get.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Koalas March posted:

don't even breathe in my direction

good request to all goons

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Kale posted:

Well Mr. One Week Poster you seem to want this thread to be hot loving garbage so I can't say I'm remotely surprised to hear that.

Alright how about this. I'm gonna go away for 2-3 hours, I'll come back and we'll see if this thread has gotten anywhere even close to back on track and not just other people making GBS threads on other people just because. I'm more than happy to do this and lets see what happens okay. My guess is you just start attacking another poster and talk about anything but Donald Trump, his administration and tweets but I truly hope I'm wrong.

Alternatively, never come back

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

what the hell is Night Shift

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

glowing-fish posted:

I have on several occasions literally not seen race. I didn't know that my ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend was black, despite seeing pictures of him for two and a half years on Facebook.

I finally learned he was black because it was mentioned in a GBS thread, and then I was like "Oh, okay, I guess that means a lot of things make sense"

so you're loving retarded

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mr Interweb posted:

russian dracula movie

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Y'all are lucky I ain't a d&d mod anymore or I'd be changing the threads subtitle to "trigger warning: jokes itt"

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Koalas March posted:

Real talk: if you didn't join the forums to dunk on lovely people I don't want to know you

Is it fine to take notes while watching more capable posters dunk on others?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
If you're going to be ignorant or willfully stupid you need to be willing to be memed on or get the gently caress out tbh, life's too short to take internet discussion so drat seriously.

(Also cockflexing over how long you've been around and mocking new people just for being new is lame)

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

A pretty boss short story collection by Stephen King.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Koalas March posted:

Y'all are lucky I ain't a d&d mod anymore or I'd be changing the threads subtitle to "trigger warning: jokes itt"

Helldump wasn't around in 2007 though

e: oh I was wrong, it closed in 2009

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 2, 2017

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

ER with ex army medics. Not as much pathos as grey's anatomy.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Unpopular opinion: you guys dogpiling Kale for five pages sucks, even if he was guilty of saying some clueless white guy stuff and then getting huffy about it.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Trabisnikof posted:

But you assumed they were white because that's the default in ambiguous situations right? Or are you trying to say that sometimes race isn't determinable just through a photo?

I guess I thought briefly that he was probably of something other than Scandinavian origin, but I didn't really think about it. He was really handsome and unique looking, but I didn't connect it with a definite racial group. But then once it was mentioned in GBS (he was a goon), I realized why I had read some posts from him where he got really mad at racists.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

n3wt posted:

Seasons one and two of Grey's we're legitimately good TV, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Shonda Rhimes is my loving idol. I want to be her when I grow up. But that's probably a conversation for Misogynoir :shobon:

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Arglebargle III posted:

Unpopular opinion: you guys dogpiling Kale for five pages sucks, even if he was guilty of saying some clueless white guy stuff and then getting huffy about it.
he kept posting, you can't expect people to let him have the last word when he is so clearly an idiot

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I am still unaware of whether a lot of people around me are, in United States terms, black. Especially people from Venezuela or Colombia.

Like, to me, the racial thing is kind of less important than the linguistic thing.

I also find myself nodding at Haitians because we are both immigrants, but they don't know I am an immigrant, so they are probably just wondering why this (presumably Spanish speaking) Chileno is kind of looking at them.

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

Arglebargle III posted:

Arglebargle III posted:

It doesn't really help our case that more people have died at BLM events than Nazi events in recent history.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hmmmm.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

FizFashizzle posted:

just so we're clear, pence is dead in the water

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/903761835765227520

I mean, obviously he's full of poo poo, but is this enough to actually bring him down? I'd always figured that was going to be related to him lying about what he knew during the transition.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

n3wt posted:

That name sounded familiar and it made me wonder if it was the same show that had a poster with some dude in a motorcycle in the hospital, and HOLY poo poo IT WAS

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Isnt kale not even American?

Also your president is a big dumb poopy head.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

The Lord of Hats posted:

I mean, obviously he's full of poo poo, but is this enough to actually bring him down? I'd always figured that was going to be related to him lying about what he knew during the transition.

I don't know what crime has been committed, unless Pence has been questioned by the FBI about the Obstruction of Justice matter.
If he did, and lied, then it would be possible, but it would be really hard to prove.

But all this is, apparently, is him being in a meeting where a letter was written.

I think Pence will go down, politically if not legally, but for totally different things.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

That's still a fact in the heads of a large minority of the country and the fact that you guys think saying "wasn't related doesn't count" means anything to the general public's perception of the issue is a tactical problem.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

glowing-fish posted:

I think Pence will go down, politically if not legally, but for totally different things.

By things you mean horses.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Its not technically illegal to gently caress a horse though.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Mantis42 posted:

Mike Pence is that you?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Mantis42 posted:

The Mr Hands bill will pass eventually though.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Did I miss them uppity gifs?

Here's an assy video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lelLVq8aA4I

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

The Lord of Hats posted:

It would make him a co-conspirator to obstruct justice. Now if Trump and Pence both go down, and the Freedom Caucus unseats Ryan in the meantime, we'll be looking at President Orrin Hatch, the current President Pro Tem of the Senate. :monocle:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Isn't Hatch just a less electable Mike Pence?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kale posted:

I've learned that people in this thread really REALLY need to watch what they say dear loving god. To be honest it still has me debating whether I want to be a part of this thread anymore because you just have to be so loving careful it's insane.

otoh, just don't be a creepy loving shithead and folks generally do okay.

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

That name sounded familiar and it made me wonder if it was the same show that had a poster with some dude in a motorcycle in the hospital, and HOLY poo poo IT WAS

Yeah it's pretty silly wrt the wack rear end situations they get into and how the main cowboy somehow kept his job, licence and life . Very unrealistic but it's fun brain mush that's fairly upbeat for when you need some fiction to distract the mind.
Lately I've started watching MASH and some of the episodes hit home hard.

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

otoh, just don't be a creepy loving shithead and folks generally do okay.

My rule of thumb is that if people react unexpectedly to a post you gotta google what you might have missed on a cultural or offensive level and quickly apologise or delete if you messed up.
Ignorance isn't really an excuse if you keep doubling down without self examination.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Calibanibal posted:

Alright im gonna stop posting for 10 minutes and when i come back yall be over the fact that I have tasted human flesh

:laffo:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Koalas March posted:

Tbh I joined to read about tabletop games and current events, dunking on lovely people just sort of happens

e: like yeah this thread is super hair trigger because Trump's America is stressful as hell and if you're posting in this thread it's more or less universally not because you're good at dealing with that stress in a constructive manner out of doors, so we all deal with it by obsessively following politics, as though we can collectively atone for the sins of our fellows who failed to be informed last election, and by jumping on everything, all the time. It's just a thing. :shrug:

Quorum fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 2, 2017

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Mr Interweb posted:

One of Henry Winkler's finest movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
I now feel real weird about Kale being the only poster I remember replying to my last couple'a posts ITT. :smith: Gonna just take some time and really think about my life, up my post quality.

• Locked thread