Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I understand nobody has called me on my integrity yet, but I drat loving well know there's the spectre of doubt lurking in the shadows.

I started today, the 1st, with my final state assistance benefit of $120 electronically deposited onto my SNAP card as per usual. This is the first actual accessible cash I have had access to in a couple weeks. My life this past month has been able to continue in any fashion via the barter or trade econony and the foodbank/dumpster diving.

The first purchase was for a gatorade and $60 cash back, as i could not withdraw from an atm without penalty fees, and am not allowed to withdraw the full balance in one shot.

Next was nicotine, a first in far too long, a lighter, a soda, and a moon pie. No receipt, totalled to about $14 and change.

Second purchase, sorely needed Craigslist panniers. $20, no receipt.

Third purchase, a retail value $160 backpack, and sorely neded quality capacity increase. Totalled to $23.00 including rounding up Goodwill donation.

Fourth purchase, another drink and $55 cash back as the two purchases count against the balance and not taken out of my food benefit, also expiring at the end of the month.

Fifth purchase, $54 Identification Card replacement, as there was no place open today giving replacement vouchers, let alone close enough to reach in time after my 3 hour wait and discovery. Checking the dollar totals and pocket change on hand, i am short less than $1.50.

When the chips were down, i chose to leave behind my cat, my life, everything i had and chance it that severely unsupplied and unprepared without sneaking off anything to "save for later." I was unable to get the cyclocross tires i was actually on time to meet for, and not even breaking full line of sight at under 30 yards someone managed to open and inspect both pannier bags for valuables without me noticing.

Now i sit in my squalor, enthroned by my trash i have no heart to clear out, with my cat glued to me and knowing i caused all of this and know not one person ive told what happened today believed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I think you still have people here rooting for you and willing to believe man. Get on that bus tomorrow.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah dude, don't give up this close to the finish line. I mean, as long as you can get yourself there, the other issues can be worked out.

Supplies? I'm sure we can find an Amazon locker to ship things too. Worst case scenario I'm sure you can find a bike out there. I'm sure someone is willing to take care of Rosie for you too.

But you have a free ticket out of there man, take it.
Also those tickets are non-refundable, so dude. Seriously

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

It's the buzzer I love the most. Makes me feel alive. Makes the V8's dead.
Agreed, don't give up this close. Take a breath, and hop on that lovely bus.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Get on the bus. You'll survive and this is a good step. Anybody in Seattle about able to take Rosie?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Why ride a bike when you could not die on a bus

Well you PROBABLY won't die someone might have a sword

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Get on the goddamned bus.

What town are you getting off at?

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Get on that bus! I'll throw down to whatever paypal scheme is in place to help you in Valentine.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

gently caress it, get on the bus.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Deteriorata posted:

Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry if there was any confusion, this

quote:

When the chips were down, i chose to leave behind my cat, my life, everything i had and chance it that severely unsupplied and unprepared without sneaking off anything to "save for later."

Was meant to specifically highlight that i had one of two choices, all in or fall off. A meant full commitment no matter what, roll the loving dice and see if they come up fourteen, B either meant letting go of the last real hand still holding mine as i dangle over the abyss and watching everything suddenly getting further and further away, or spinning some insurmountable conflict and a story of no seriously lets do this and hope AI manages to absorb the total loss i just decided to toss Larry's way

The world I find myself immersed in hasnt stolen that much from me yet. But holding myself to a higher standard and letting it take the little nothings i managed to scrape back up over and over while society paints me wifh the exact same brush can only possibly go on for so long. Somethings eventually going to give. And i really dont have anything left worth giving any more.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
IN A FUKKIN NUT SHELL FROM THIS MOMENT ON ANY HANDS NOT ACTIVELY IN USE FOR POSTING BETTER BE ON COCKS OR KALISHNIKOVS BECAUSE SOON, THE WHOLE WORLD IS GONNA BE OUR JEEP JUST BEGGING TO BE SET ABLAZE

WAAUUUUGH BOYZZZZZ

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Autosaving slot 1: please do not turn off reality.

Story event: player <14 INCH> has gained character sheet attribute - "Posessed (unbound)"

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

wait I missed something what happened to Rosie?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You bring 18 pounds of raccoon-detonating, anxiously neurotic, vocal to the point i have threatened her with being stuffed in a pillow case and thrown from fhe ballard bridge if she didnt stop linebackering my door open AT FOUR loving THIRTY IN THE MORNING, will only eat whatever wasnt on sale at the store that week (how??) On half a continents worth of Graühünd and expeft both of you to somehow make it functioning and intact to Valentine

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
:f5h::stare:

Godspeed Dick and Cat.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

So you're bringing the cat? And the bike is in greyhound cargo? Am I keeping up?

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

All hands on dicks and kalashnikovs, now I can't :f5:

Godspeed DICK

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

cakesmith handyman posted:

So you're bringing the cat? And the bike is in greyhound cargo? Am I keeping up?

I think the cat is staying in Seattle

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I there a way to feed dick phone data? Not that there is reception where he is headed.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

I am as rigid and unyielding at this point as a titanium girder. If the world trade center had been made of my erection, the death toll of 9/11 would have been limited to the passengers and crew of the planes and the poor rear end in a top hat running the sabrett cart on the sidewalk.
God's speed, 14, we have absolute faith that you will outshine the very sun.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

If my inlaws can ship two paranoid cats halfway across Australia, Im pretty sure we can organise to get Rosie shoved into a cat carrier and shipped across the US when dick gets to florida. Its only someone else who has to listen to her bitch and moan.

Rooting for you man, If you can manage to get a beanie to Australia just in time for summer, im sure you can pull this off!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

sounded tp me like rosie is going on greyhound with dick, and all I can think of is: what happens when she has to poo poo?

Anuvin
Jan 10, 2008
Death to the False Emperor!
I am not sure what to say, but I am very excited and wish to express gratitude to all involved with this heinous chicanery. Hail Satan, god save the trukk.

underlig
Sep 13, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

sounded tp me like rosie is going on greyhound with dick, and all I can think of is: what happens when she has to poo poo?
The smell inside the bus improves?

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Godspeed, you mad bastard. I'm pulling for ya.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Elephanthead posted:

I there a way to feed dick phone data? Not that there is reception where he is headed.

Yeah if anyone wants to pay my metro bill but ive already asked for a lot.

Never did fix that rear light issue.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I wish I got laid off so I could join this party.

Also, it just occurred to me that Rosie being on the bus is going to mean that this thread has come full circle from last time AI's holy warriors rode Greyhound. Before, they were the Disturbed, now they are the Disturbers.

Someone is going to have a life story of why not to ride Greyhound and it will involve a Seattle to Nebraska ride with a fellow passengers cat.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Have just returned from 14's place with a couple of Jeep souvenirs, and some other bric-a-brac Dave can't take with him, all of which is going on the walls of my garage. I'm also holding onto his toolbox and what's left of his tools, which we'll use to get him some cash once the itch goes away.

You made a good choice by not selling or trading the tools, Dave. Happy for you. Goonspeed!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Is there an online account/gofundme type dealie available here?

I'm pretty broke as gently caress, but not so broke that I can't afford to donate 20 bucks to the cause. That'll at least get Dave a hot meal or a couple packs of smokes.
When I'm slightly less broke as gently caress, should the saga be still ongoing, I can probably toss in another 20 or so....

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

wesleywillis posted:

Is there an online account/gofundme type dealie available here?

I'm pretty broke as gently caress, but not so broke that I can't afford to donate 20 bucks to the cause. That'll at least get Dave a hot meal or a couple packs of smokes.
When I'm slightly less broke as gently caress, should the saga be still ongoing, I can probably toss in another 20 or so....

Standing order from the mods - and frankly, pretty important to recovery plans - was that we're not sending Dave any more cash. Adabiatic, I assume this remains the case?

I'm happy to help organize food / supply drops and / or prepaid cards though, if that's going to be ok.

e: to be clear, I'm not asking folks to donate anything. If people want to help out and mods are alright with it I'm volunteering to do some coordination, is all.

ee: step 1 is Dave getting on that Greyhound tonight, which despite my utter lack of religion, I am close to praying for.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's excellent news. Dave, I'm glad this is happening.

Still not clear on the catte though. She going along? Goonspeed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Come on Dave, please get on the bus.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Let Us know when 14 is bus-bound!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am fine with paying to keep the cell phone on but i want videos of the crazy seatmates telling us all about how they are bitcoin millionaires.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I ask that mod rule that was rightly put in place gets rethought if Dave gets on the bus.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Eat the drat eggs Smashmouth Get on the drat buss Dave.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

He pinged me about bike issues half an hour ago and I haven't heard back from him. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Dios mio I can't :f5: hard enough

• Locked thread