Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

all this time and energy being dedicated to a basically meaningless sideshow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

babypolis posted:

Yeah whats the worst that could happen if you let Nazis scream hate speech unmolested

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That is by far not the worst that can happen when the group doing it are advocating for genocide
Yeah you can get your house firebombed, window bricked or a fusillade of gunfire coming through the walls. No joke.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
don't beat up people who aren't obvious fascists and especially don't break poo poo belonging to journalists

just don't, it never helps anything

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah whats the worst that could happen if you let Nazis scream hate speech unmolested

the nazis are not the real danger here

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i mean punching nazis is morally cool and good but it doesnt accomplish anything besides giving you some feel good points

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Fine, I'll redo my original post using ONLY the information we're absolutely sure of:

Antifa also beat the poo poo out of another unarmed man, and the reason they broke the author's camera was to destroy evidence of their crime. It's reprehensible.

Congrats on dropping the alt-right PR talking point. Too bad this new one is just as unsourced and made up.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

don't beat up people who aren't obvious fascists and especially don't break poo poo belonging to journalists

just don't, it never helps anything

Literally no evidence that the second thing has happened

Dingwick
May 3, 2007

This is always the highlight of my day.

babypolis posted:

i mean punching nazis is morally cool and good but it doesnt accomplish anything besides giving you some feel good points

i bet if i punch you it'd be morally good and cool

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Literally no evidence that the second thing has happened

good, let's keep it that way

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tokamak posted:

Congrats on dropping the alt-right PR talking point. Too bad this new one is just as unsourced and made up.

It's literally the same point except he doesn't call him a journalist this time, he's a piece of poo poo that would absolutely be snitching on people to the secret police

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Socking identifiable press isn't good. Neo-Nazis having their own camera teams are a thing.

This is why if you're press you should be sure to be identifiable and transparent. That's just standard journalistic practice in high-pressure situations.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Dingwick posted:

i bet if i punch you it'd be morally good and cool

nah it would not

punch nazis all you want but dont expect it will do anything useful as 99% of americans decry nazis while voting for right wing scum like trump or the useless democrats. meanwhile we are no closer to enforcing leftist demands politically

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

babypolis posted:

Completely factually untrue

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Crane Fist posted:

Completely factually untrue

if we punch enouhg nazis the american political system will stop being trash

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

babypolis posted:

so, you think the system will be better if nazis take over?? that's what they're trying to do, and that's what antifascists are trying to stop

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

babypolis posted:

nah it would not

punch nazis all you want but dont expect it will do anything useful as 99% of americans decry nazis while voting for right wing scum like trump or the useless democrats. meanwhile we are no closer to enforcing leftist demands politically

It means there's less Nazis about. The whole 'actually attacking Nazis is a meaningless sideshow' is the most comfortable middle-class white guy poo poo imaginable- of course it seems like its affecting nothing, you're not the one they're after. You're not in danger of getting jumped walking home, or getting a swastika spray painted on your house, or getting your store firebombed. Of course it seems like a meaningless distraction

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

babypolis posted:

Gonna say something real wild here but most people who are punching Nazis are not only punching Nazis

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also yeah punching Nazis is not my day job

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Crane Fist posted:

lol :sad:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Grand Prize Winner posted:

so, you think the system will be better if nazis take over?? that's what they're trying to do, and that's what antifascists are trying to stop

they are not taking over america lol, they are a bunxh of loser weirdos who everyone hates and they are only emboldened because the president is a idiot racist. they dont have the numbers or popular support to do poo poo

meanwhile the republicans control all branches of goverment, the opposition party is completely useless, and nothing shows any signs of changing. as satisfying as seeing richard spencer get punched in his stupid loving face is, its ultimately a meaningless sideshow to the destruction of america

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

babypolis posted:

nah it would not

Will punching Nazis solve racism? -babypolis

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Crane Fist posted:

It means there's less Nazis about. The whole 'actually attacking Nazis is a meaningless sideshow' is the most comfortable middle-class white guy poo poo imaginable- of course it seems like its affecting nothing, you're not the one they're after. You're not in danger of getting jumped walking home, or getting a swastika spray painted on your house, or getting your store firebombed. Of course it seems like a meaningless distraction

im mexican you dumbass

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Crane Fist posted:

I mean even politically, I help organize for another actual group as well as repping an alliance of antifa crews at a local coalition of leftist orgs where we plan other kinds of activism besides punching Nazis

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

babypolis posted:

they are not taking over america lol, they are a bunxh of loser weirdos who everyone hates and they are only emboldened because the president is a idiot racist. they dont have the numbers or popular support to do poo poo

meanwhile the republicans control all branches of goverment, the opposition party is completely useless, and nothing shows any signs of changing. as satisfying as seeing richard spencer get punched in his stupid loving face is, its ultimately a meaningless sideshow to the destruction of america

And yet the overwhelming take is that antifa are just as bad as Nazis

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

babypolis posted:

I get where you're coming from but really punching Nazis is its own reward.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I mean even politically, I help organize for another actual group as well as repping an alliance of antifa crews at a local coalition of leftist orgs where we plan other kinds of activism besides punching Nazis

thats cool, i never implied otherwise

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

babypolis posted:

thats cool, i never implied otherwise

Ok guy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

And yet the overwhelming take is that antifa are just as bad as Nazis

Is it? Or is that what a bunch of dumbass thinkpieces want you to think.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The only ones doing anything that they should be scared of being doxxed about are wearing masks anyway.

I do. It's because they're breaking the law and ashamed of bad poo poo they're doing.

Again you're assuming he "ran up and shoved a camera in someone's face" when it's been shown that's not a prerequisite for hostility.

you post in adtrw and defend nazi's

:thunk:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
By this thread's standards I'm a filthy liberal moderate but I fully support punching fascists because fascists should be punched and there's no real downside to punching them.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Antifa got declared a domestic terrorist org by the FBI so yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that yes people genuinely think that

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

babypolis posted:

im mexican you dumbass

So you're cool with being targeted for all that poo poo I mentioned because it lets you be the smart rational big picture guy?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

i'd be interested in seeing what the actual public opinion on this is, but yeah, it was as if all of a sudden the very same talking point instantaneously manifested itself within the minds of a whole bunch of lame rear end talking heads who don't warrant the attention they actually get because no one with any power wants to admit the fundamental dishonesty that is necessary to maintain the idea that there is parity between ideological groups in this country

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

babypolis posted:

cool lee fang I thought you had enough flailing about on that delete your account episode

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Antifa got declared a domestic terrorist org by the FBI so yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that yes people genuinely think that

that's not what happened

quote:

The two agencies also said in their April 2016 assessment that many of the activities the groups engaged in “are not within the purview of FBI and DHS collection” due to civil liberties and privacy protections, including participating in training camps, holding meetings and communicating online.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Oh I'm sorry it's just domestic terrorist violence, huge difference there in terms of how they're treating people who want to punch Nazis

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
This violence includes things like planning carpools and raising bail money

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Crane Fist posted:

So you're cool with being targeted for all that poo poo I mentioned because it lets you be the smart rational big picture guy?

i dont give a poo poo about it same as i dont give a poo poo about the possibility being randomly shot by some dude. its not a real concern, especially when there tons of other more important and harmful poo poo going on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Office Pig posted:

i'd be interested in seeing what the actual public opinion on this is, but yeah, it was as if all of a sudden the very same talking point instantaneously manifested itself within the minds of a whole bunch of lame rear end talking heads who don't warrant the attention they actually get because no one with any power wants to admit the fundamental dishonesty that is necessary to maintain the idea that there is parity between ideological groups in this country

non violence is a pretty standard response for libs, thats why. its comforting to believe in decorum and all that stupid bullshit