Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Kat thinks all the criticisms are coming from one dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

inferis posted:

I'm just glad she knows how much the fans don't like her calls

I don't think she's internalized it at all. Also, I don't even mind her much normally but her Tom Can't Complain call was insufferable.

SoupyTwist posted:

I don't mind Kat from Raleigh that much but airing forum drama on the show.... yikes.
The thread in the group loving sucked too, everyone who expressed a negative opinion deleted their comments because the majority was so against any negativity

Know Such Peace posted:

Kat thinks all the criticisms are coming from one dude.
From the thread, it seems like she knows it's not one dude but she made some comment about PTSD, which was just ughhh

Also re: Tom Can't Complain, a couple people seem to think the last caller ("Connor"?) is Nathan Fielder. I definitely noticed during the calls that he sounded like Nathan but I just chalked it up to using a really neutral affect to be annoying

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

het posted:

Also re: Tom Can't Complain, a couple people seem to think the last caller ("Connor"?) is Nathan Fielder. I definitely noticed during the calls that he sounded like Nathan but I just chalked it up to using a really neutral affect to be annoying

Hahaha I didn't hear it the first time, but going back (~2:33) it really is pretty similar. There's more moments that sound like him than those that don't.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Talks about Nathan Fielder calling in on the Tom Can't Complain show makes me think about how great it would be if Paul F. Tompkins called in using a fake name. That would be an all time great show but probably for reasons most fans would not like.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

het posted:

I'm convinced it's Nathan Fielder. There were little joke details in his call that were too specific. Like having to turn the page to sing the rest of Podcast Heroes to read the lyrics.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
It makes sense. Tom and/or the Best Show crew usually include one or two fake ‘real callers’ in bits.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Is that a new record for T+ E-Cigarettes For Legs? That dude rules.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Not that anyone will but I'd like to take this time to ask those who are listening to not give any spoilers as to which call is E-cigarettes for legs guy. The surprise is the best part

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Vapetriloquism cracked me up good, loved Tom's commitment to a bit where neither element translates to audio.

Luckily, there are some video highlights: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYr2o3ejIdh/

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I laughed so hard the day I first learned that Gary the squirrel is an actual puppet and he uses it every time Gary is on the show

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

Dr.Radical posted:

Not that anyone will but I'd like to take this time to ask those who are listening to not give any spoilers as to which call is E-cigarettes for legs guy. The surprise is the best part

I just heard it. Tom was absolutely stunned.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

A Giant Dog and Sweet Spirit are two great bands and I thought Sabrina was better than most in studio guests. Good ep but not a mandatory listen imho

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The show peaked with the e cig call. I really wasn't a fan of the guests.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

The Berzerker posted:

A Giant Dog and Sweet Spirit are two great bands and I thought Sabrina was better than most in studio guests. Good ep but not a mandatory listen imho

I absolutely adore those bands but idk if she's just a weirdo or her head was somewhere else, it was a strange interview.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I like the way Tom says "pizza" and how it's almost always in an indignant manner.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I stopped by H&H on the way home from work and said hi to Mike yesterday, he's a real nice guy. The barflies seemed incredulous about this "radio show" he's supposedly on.

iamreading
Aug 29, 2017
julie klausner's speech was amazing i love her

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I bought a Massa's shirt from apmike.bandcamp.com like a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. I bought a headshot at the same time and it arrived promptly. Tried emailing Mike, no response. What should I do?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Binowru posted:

I bought a Massa's shirt from apmike.bandcamp.com like a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. I bought a headshot at the same time and it arrived promptly. Tried emailing Mike, no response. What should I do?

Call in next Tuesday to confront him on air.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CaptainPsyko posted:

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

iamreading posted:

julie klausner's speech was amazing i love her

She is the best. But the way her and Mike laughed at their own speeches, I suspect Tom wrote them and gave them to um. Hayes was also a delight.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

CaptainPsyko posted:

That'd be especially weird since Mike screens the calls.

"Hi, Best Show. What are you calling about?"
"I'm gonna complain about you to Tom."
"Ok, hold please."

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

I helped Mike recently with an Upcoming Bandcamp Product & I think he's just not the best at keeping up with electronic correspondence? Maybe try shooting him another e-mail.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Binowru posted:

That'd be especially weird since Mike screens the calls.

"Hi, Best Show. What are you calling about?"
"I'm gonna complain about you to Tom."
"Ok, hold please."

"I wanna talk about APMike.Bandcamp.com"

"Okay, you get through next."

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Is there a link out there to the Best Show theme song?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

get that OUT of my face posted:

Is there a link out there to the Best Show theme song?

https://themeweaversllc.bandcamp.com/

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I meant the song that plays to before the start of the show, but that's a good tune too.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

get that OUT of my face posted:

I meant the song that plays to before the start of the show, but that's a good tune too.

I have looked for this forever and can't find it. I know the current theme version is by Mr. and Mrs. Paycheck. Eventually I'll just wind up ripping it from an episode but Tom always talks over the beginning these days

This week's episode was excellent btw

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I'm about 75% sure that song is a cover of Action by Sweet

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Just call and ask.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Yea you call probably just email tom

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Liam is the best caller in the history of the show.

e: I would recommend listening to the episode until Rebecca Sugar comes into the studio. She's fine but feels like the rest of the show was just awkward dorks calling in to ask the world's dumbest questions about her cartoon. "What would [x character]'s favorite ice cream flavor be?" ughhhhh

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 4, 2017

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Liam was on fire. A little punchy, he was so great. I'm still laughing at "1MPH"

Rebecca Sugar was kinda amazing. Relentlessly positive, kept probing callers with great questions, gave really sincere answers. I'm not the biggest Steven Universe fan, it's pretty saccharin sweet, but she is great! I also got to twitter chat with that woman who runs that DIY rave scene in Cleveland, they're pretty great. Overall, an excellent ep.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
So that's two weeks in a row where Kazoo Man called in and Tom didn't lure him into being his normal antagonistic self. I'm not entirely sure if Tom noticed who it was either time.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Has e-cigs called the past two weeks?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Has e-cigs called the past two weeks?

Not gonna lie, at this point he's the main reason I listen these days. But I don't know.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

So that's two weeks in a row where Kazoo Man called in and Tom didn't lure him into being his normal antagonistic self. I'm not entirely sure if Tom noticed who it was either time.

Was he the guy calling about his girlfriend moving in? His voice drives me up the wall.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Toebone posted:

Was he the guy calling about his girlfriend moving in? His voice drives me up the wall.

That guy sounded like he had either been drinking all day trying to prepare himself for the move or he was just pulled out of a football game where he got severely concussed. He was trying to be snarky but came off like he had no idea what he was saying. But it was killing me why his voice was so familiar, he must be kazoo man.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Absolutely was Kazoo Man. I don't remember what his gimmick was last week, but he had some other cockamamie story. Tom's usually pretty good at sussing out bullshitters, especially repeat bullshitters (E-Cigs notwithstanding, probably because everyone loves him).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Yeah that was definitely Kazoo Man. His schtick is generally funny because there isn't a nice guest there to temper Tom's anger at him. Without Tom getting mad it's pretty terrible.

Also the cringey Stephen Universe fans calling in can sometimes be unintentionally hilarious. "And what grade are you in, Elizabeth?"
"Um, I'm in college..."