Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alloran posted:

Another newb question, if you would.

Started as a healer in Gridania (because Windurst was the best fight me) and going through the story missions. Will I be able to, on another class, do the "starting quests" in the other cities? I don't really want to roll an alt to see that content, and I'm *assuming* they all come together in the end?

No, the starting quests are some of the few content you have to make an alt to see. They all end up at the same place though and mostly hit the same plot beats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Reiterpallasch posted:

running ACT while doing regular dungeons is depressing beyond belief, don't do it

But, to be honest i'm pretty pleased with my new Lost Allagan Rod.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I just binge watched the entire Dad of Light series.

I want to GIF everything.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is it actually good

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

cheetah7071 posted:

Is it actually good

I'm only a few episodes in, but it is very charming.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Is it actually good

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
God drat there is some good stuff coming out of the liver letter.

4.1 moves beast tribe currency and ventures from you inventory and into the currency tab like tomes, a new pvp type featuring cruise chaser, kojin beast tribe quests, a new custom delivery npc, and bards get special actions that let them play an instrument with individual notes assisgned to the hot bar!!

edit: oh also squadron level cap increase, the ability to glam squadron members, and something to do with them and dungeons?

If more of this sort of stuff what we get for only one dungeon I'm pretty happy.

Jehuti fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 2, 2017

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

i look forward to Coils ULT

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

So Ramza and Delita are on the 4.1 poster?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Wandering Minstrel: "What ho, warrior of light! I have discovered the strange concept known as "Death Metal." Let me pitch a song to you..."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm so loving hard right now.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I am so loving hard right now.

Edit: gently caress, beaten

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Fister Roboto posted:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oh my loving god
YES

Bahamut super savage is extremely good too but my boys are back :3:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I was out and missed the moment of the reveal. :saddowns: Hopefully they talk/show a little more of it though it seems they want to keep it tight under wraps.

Interesting that it's going to be the headline of the patch though, and that it'll apparently have story relevance?

edit: Hmmmm. (spoiler?) https://i.redd.it/oa6op7hfyejz.png

edit 2: oh my god the GARO designer is doing the Ivalice bosses? https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/903866130628046848

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Sep 2, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Apparently you need to have killed 04S to get into Ultimate Bahamut (makes sense) and Bahamut drops i345 weapon tomes

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
D'aww, we now have an FFXII reunion on stream, with both Minagawa and Matsuno on the couch :3:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
If you're unable to watch the stream, Nova Crystallis is live tweeting information.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Flying mounts are good. Heavensward is good. The main theme reminds me of MGS for some reason.

Also, I just met the Gnath, so I guess I'll be fighting Ravana soon.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Sugar bowls.

FFXIV is just a goddamn merchandise juggernaut at this point.

(the gimmick with the moogle pom is clever tho)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Apparently you need to have killed 04S to get into Ultimate Bahamut (makes sense) and Bahamut drops i345 weapon tomes

So the fight drops sidegrade gear to O4S, if I'm understanding right?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Matsuno and his Oldboy hair and ridiculously good shoes

Few extra info bits -

* Friends and tells functionality will be expanded to include all realms on a data center.
* Full 24-person alliance raids will be possible within a data center as well.
* They want Ivalice to be a part of the game world. Dalmasca's located above (either cardinal north or in the sky, probably the latter based on the art) Othard, and Rabanastre's inside Dalmasca.

isk fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Sep 2, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

The only reason you need to stay subbed.

isk posted:

Matsuno and his Oldboy hair and ridiculously good shoes

His hair gives me life

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

So now that I look closer, there's obviously Bahamut in the center, what I assume is Nael to the right, but what's the figure on the left? Is that Twintania's ring?

Also this is supposedly just one fight, right? Because the implications are :stare:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

So now that I look closer, there's obviously Bahamut in the center, what I assume is Nael to the right, but what's the figure on the left? Is that Twintania's ring?

Also this is supposedly just one fight, right? Because the implications are :stare:

It's Twintania on the left, yeah

isk
Oct 3, 2007

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dad of Light is loving incredible y'all

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I still have a huge crush on Lord Hien.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

Dad of Light is loving incredible y'all

I'm on the second episode now and I cannot stress enough that this is the best television show ever made

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

It'll probably be 'fight Twintania, then Nael, then Bahamut' but all three of them at once would be loving incredible. Can't wait to watch the streams.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Apparently they're adding Lyse's first outfit to the Mogshop (they're not ready to give away her dancer outfit or so they say or something).

I'd definitely be interested in that glamour, but only the jacket part. I want a shirt under it, not a boob tube.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Apparently they're adding Lyse's first outfit to the Mogshop (they're not ready to give away her dancer outfit or so they say or something).

I'd definitely be interested in that glamour, but only the jacket part. I want a shirt under it, not a boob tube.

Because of the way FFXIV armor works, it'll come with the boobtube, for better or worse.

Also the Edda outfit is live now. And yes DRKs can finally get their scythes.

I'll say this: the platform boots look really good on Roegadames.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Sep 2, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, it's a shame that they're not going to make a shirt version, but eh. I'll live.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Is the Edda outfit included in the anniversary sale?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

homeless snail posted:

Is the Edda outfit included in the anniversary sale?

It is not. Also, each job needs to buy a "different" weapon, which admittedly is the most gil-pincherly the Mogstation's been in a while.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah considering they're graphically identical that's pretty horrible. On the other hand it's like seven bucks for the set. :effort:

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Asimo posted:

Yeah considering they're graphically identical that's pretty horrible. On the other hand it's like seven bucks for the set. :effort:

It's a shame that the way the class/job system is coded it's probably not possible to make "class neutral" weapons that can't be equipped but can be glamoured over anything. Would solve a lot of problems.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

It's a shame that the way the class/job system is coded it's probably not possible to make "class neutral" weapons that can't be equipped but can be glamoured over anything. Would solve a lot of problems.

I think Monk alone would make that a nightmare logistically speaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I wish there were Emperor's New Knives, so when you're hitting someone as a NIN it just sort of looks like you're flipping at them.

And Assassinate just looks like you're smacking them upside the head.