Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cobweb Heart posted:

Humiliated by his inability to escape beer, coffee, and finally Moe's lemonade stand, Barney once again begs Homer for help kicking his drinking habit. This time, they drive to Seth and Munchie's to try the hippie duo's new kombucha blend. But disaster strikes when Homer himself becomes addicted to the teas instead, going through so many he becomes even fatter than when he was drinking Duff. When Barney forces him to attend a hippie seminar for "kombuchaholics" he wanders next door and meets Radiohead who introduce him to the wonders of UrbEx. But disaster strikes when Homer and the whole band disappears into the power plant silos. Meanwhile Marge gets a crush on Grace Jones.

This one has to be real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Riptor posted:

they literally named the asian character "cookie" i mean holy moly

to be fair they named the other ones Master Sushi Chef, Yakuza Boss, Speed-E-Mart owner, and Kim Jong-Un.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

BattleMaster posted:

i don't remember any music in the show

That's how great score music works.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Scudworth posted:

That's how great score music works.

Now you sound like a Hollywood exec pushing temp music.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
"Jurrasic parkour": Bart gets into trouble when he is caught doing parkour over chief wiggums car in the krustyburger parking lot. The judge sentences him to coach a track team of underprivileged street kids who hoodwink Bart into teaching them parkour for nefarious purposes (known as "hardkour" ). Homer is jealous of Bart's cool new gang member friends, so he tries to get caught and sentenced in the same fashion but instead breaks his rear end and ends up in a YouTube fail compilation

Guest starring The Weekend as the lead street kid

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
he didn't write the main theme either that was Danny Elfman

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Tree Goat posted:

Holodo-Homer: The Simpsons win a contest to visit the Ukrainian SSR. Marge tries to moderate Homer's new addiction to salo. Bart finds that he has a talent for mining coal, and enrolls in a youth Stakhanovite contest. Lisa is concerned over grain shortages, but meets a boy (voiced by Maxim Litvinov) who reminds her that the US has problems too.

:ussr:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Tree Goat posted:

Holodo-Homer: The Simpsons win a contest to visit the Ukrainian SSR. Marge tries to moderate Homer's new addiction to salo. Bart finds that he has a talent for mining coal, and enrolls in a youth Stakhanovite contest. Lisa is concerned over grain shortages, but meets a boy (voiced by Maxim Litvinov) who reminds her that the US has problems too.

lmao

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i bet hes gonna kick himself when he reads this post

why not holo-d'oh! homer

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tree Goat posted:

Hahaha

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I saw the Simpsons/Family guy cross over for the first time today. It wasn't perticually funny but much better than many of the episodes I've seen in the last few years. When your desperation xover shows are the high point of the season, it's time to stop.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

BattleMaster posted:

i don't remember any music in the show except for the opening theme and the short version of the theme that plays at the start of the first scene of every episode so maybe they fired him for getting paid for doing nothing for 30 years

*Eye twitches*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOeUXEpxzcc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyh4i4dUDeo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyWVaZsUQjc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSpOjj4YD8c

Apart from this obvious stuff I think the Simpsons has had a very distinct musical identity that really gave the show a lot of character and atmosphere.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Cobweb Heart posted:

to be fair they named the other ones Master Sushi Chef, Yakuza Boss, Speed-E-Mart owner, and Kim Jong-Un.

Hey c'mon now, the chef/host guy is named Akira

Aahaaaa, ahaa, aha.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

khwarezm posted:

*Eye twitches*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOeUXEpxzcc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyh4i4dUDeo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyWVaZsUQjc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSpOjj4YD8c

Apart from this obvious stuff I think the Simpsons has had a very distinct musical identity that really gave the show a lot of character and atmosphere.

monorail

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Sadly can't find any indication that Clausen was involved in writing that one.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Former DILF posted:

i bet hes gonna kick himself when he reads this post

why not holo-d'oh! homer

ur right : (

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BattleMaster posted:

i don't remember any music in the show except for the opening theme and the short version of the theme that plays at the start of the first scene of every episode so maybe they fired him for getting paid for doing nothing for 30 years
he won an emmy for the maison d'erriere song

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

get that OUT of my face posted:

he won an emmy for the maison d'erriere song

lmao

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I can't believe they retconned how Homer and Marge met again. Having them meet on MyMace in the mid 00s was just lame. And I dunno why the Black Eyed Peas even bothered to do their own voices.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

SEX BURRITO posted:

And I dunno why the Black Eyed Peas even bothered to do their own voices.

For some reason I decided to look up if they've ever been on the show and instead read the plot of an ep called "Black Eyed, Please" from 2013.
Experience it for yourselves:

-----
Homer invites himself to Ned Flanders's house for breakfast and finds Ned's beatnik parents there. Flanders begins to feel uneasy when his parents begin to take a liking to Homer rather than him. After a morning jog, Ned comes home to find Homer and his parents smoking "medicinal" marijuana and watching TV. Flanders becomes so enraged he punches Homer in the face, giving him a black eye.

When Lisa tries to catch up to Cantwell before she drives off, Cantwell admits that she was only jealous because Lisa is pretty, and that pretty girls like Lisa have it easier than girls like Cantwell, who have to use their brains to get by in life. This is an idea that Lisa happily accepts — even after Cantwell splatters mud on her as she drives off.

The story ends with Homer having a barbecue with Ned and his parents, and Ned's father revealing to Marge that he got Homer and Ned to be nice to each other by slipping marijuana in their food.
-------

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Scudworth posted:

For some reason I decided to look up if they've ever been on the show and instead read the plot of an ep called "Black Eyed, Please" from 2013.
Experience it for yourselves:

-----
Homer invites himself to Ned Flanders's house for breakfast and finds Ned's beatnik parents there. Flanders begins to feel uneasy when his parents begin to take a liking to Homer rather than him. After a morning jog, Ned comes home to find Homer and his parents smoking "medicinal" marijuana and watching TV. Flanders becomes so enraged he punches Homer in the face, giving him a black eye.

When Lisa tries to catch up to Cantwell before she drives off, Cantwell admits that she was only jealous because Lisa is pretty, and that pretty girls like Lisa have it easier than girls like Cantwell, who have to use their brains to get by in life. This is an idea that Lisa happily accepts — even after Cantwell splatters mud on her as she drives off.

The story ends with Homer having a barbecue with Ned and his parents, and Ned's father revealing to Marge that he got Homer and Ned to be nice to each other by slipping marijuana in their food.
-------

:chloe:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Why is Ned Flanders punching people. :(

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I , I wish I didn't know these episodes were real

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
That's pretty bad but it's still by far the least-bad of the synopsis's posted

Also Ned's beatnik dad is funny and I won't hear otherwise :colbert:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

NiceGuy posted:

That's pretty bad but it's still by far the least-bad of the synopsis's posted

Also Ned's beatnik dad is funny and I won't hear otherwise :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oicDiFsW1_s

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Strudel Man posted:

Why is Ned Flanders punching people. :(

Why did the president kill everybody?

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Yeah that synopsis sounds bad but to be honest I always wanted to see more of Ned's parents. Not enough to watch it, but those bits sound better than, for instance, the time the Turkish sailors slipped marijuana into Marge's food.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Benny Harvey posted:

Why did the president kill everybody?

mr. smith.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

After Bart wins a contest at the comic book store for a Macrohard Zsquare, he decides to make his career streaming online games. However, Marge becomes concerned when he neglects all other parts of his life and is chair bound almost 24/7. PewDiePie guest stars as one of Bart's stream followers.

Meanwhile, Homer gets in a pickle when he allows Lisa's new friends to stay over for the weekend, but finds out they are associated with a protest group, and they convinced her to sneak out at midnight to help break up Mr. Burns's secret gathering of right-wing businessmen in Shelbyville. Kylie Jenner guest stars as a girl who brings milk and cookies to diffuse tensions.

Also, Lindsey Nagel and Gil are on a date because the writers can't make more than 12 minutes of script for the A and B plots.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

apparently homer smokes a lot of weed in modern day simpsons. is there any rhyme or reason to that other than "lol homer smoking weed so funneh!!"?

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

bucksmash posted:

After Bart wins a contest at the comic book store for a Macrohard Zsquare, he decides to make his career streaming online games. However, Marge becomes concerned when he neglects all other parts of his life and is chair bound almost 24/7. PewDiePie guest stars as one of Bart's stream followers.

Meanwhile, Homer gets in a pickle when he allows Lisa's new friends to stay over for the weekend, but finds out they are associated with a protest group, and they convinced her to sneak out at midnight to help break up Mr. Burns's secret gathering of right-wing businessmen in Shelbyville. Kylie Jenner guest stars as a girl who brings milk and cookies to diffuse tensions.

Also, Lindsey Nagel and Gil are on a date because the writers can't make more than 12 minutes of script for the A and B plots.

You can tell these are made up as there is no way PewDiePie and Kylie Jenner would star as anyone but themselves.

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011
"Wow, Pewdie Pie!" doesn't really roll of the tongue in any context but they'll use it anyway.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
I turned on the last few minutes of a newer episode last night from 8:22 to 8:26. In those four minutes, Homer was kicked out of a helicopter onto a mysterious island, brought to an automated house. The guy who brought him to that house wiped his memory by hitting himself in the head with a shovel. Homer then entered the house using a line from 1989 (which was actually funny), met a billionaire, and was introduced to Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Ken Jennings, Susie Ormon, and another guy I can't remember with explanations of who they are. Each guest star got no more than 3 lines in that episode.

Homer and the rest of them were told by the billionaire that they were geniuses recruited to teach Sally, a class of robots, so that they could go to college. It then became clear that the billionaire's reason for doing this was so they would take out student loans, thus pumping up his stock. Homer went undercover to college to stop these robots dressed as what's her name from Grease, only to stop the robots by putting on a cardboard box and pretending to be a robot, triggering the robots with microaggressions until they exploded. The billionaire lamented that he made the robots too human, then it cut to the credits.

There is probably more stuff I either forgot or didn't catch.

All of this took place over four minutes.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

OutOfPrint posted:

I turned on the last few minutes of a newer episode last night from 8:22 to 8:26. In those four minutes, Homer was kicked out of a helicopter onto a mysterious island, brought to an automated house. The guy who brought him to that house wiped his memory by hitting himself in the head with a shovel. Homer then entered the house using a line from 1989 (which was actually funny), met a billionaire, and was introduced to Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Ken Jennings, Susie Ormon, and another guy I can't remember with explanations of who they are. Each guest star got no more than 3 lines in that episode.

Homer and the rest of them were told by the billionaire that they were geniuses recruited to teach Sally, a class of robots, so that they could go to college. It then became clear that the billionaire's reason for doing this was so they would take out student loans, thus pumping up his stock. Homer went undercover to college to stop these robots dressed as what's her name from Grease, only to stop the robots by putting on a cardboard box and pretending to be a robot, triggering the robots with microaggressions until they exploded. The billionaire lamented that he made the robots too human, then it cut to the credits.

There is probably more stuff I either forgot or didn't catch.

All of this took place over four minutes.
STOP, STOP! HE'S ALREADY DEAD!

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
I really am amazed by The Simpsons' ability to constantly dive further and further into the abyss of awful writing, soulless animation and almost robotic voice acting. It always feels like it's gonna tap out but somehow, the team keeps finding ways to make it worse which is actually quite extraordinary when you think about it.

I mean, just think of a series - it could be a book, a game, a TV show, whatever - and then think of how you could make it as bad as you possibly could. Maybe kill off the characters? Maybe have them change in dreadful, boring ways that bear no resemblance to their original forms? You cannot possibly top The Simpsons team.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I know people are saying it as a joke, but I honestly cannot tell the real episodes apart from the made-up ones.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My friend and I were talking about how lovely Simpsons is these days and he even randomly made up a fake episode where Bart played Pokemon Go and I had to tell him they did it a few weeks ago. This show disappoints even when you're prepared for disappointment.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
After watching those four loving minutes, my wife and I both shouted out "What the gently caress was that?!"

Seriously, I would've thought that was something made up in this thread had I not seen it. It all happened at such a breakneck speed that we could barely follow it. It was insane.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
The episode begins with Homer knocking down a load of Domino's pizza boxes as though they were dominos. It's this huge thing that ends with nuclear pizzas being dropped into the mouths of himself, and his friends. Mr. Burns then comes in and tells them that because Homer won a button counting contest, they're all free to take the rest of the day off. Homer drives back home, wanting to celebrate his happy day with his family, but then he realizes that Patty and Selma's cars are parked in his driveway, much to his dismay. Patty and Selma make the family go to the 24th annual DMV awards, which is a car-related award show that they'll be hosting. Homer leaves the place in rage and leaves his family behind. He tries going to Krusty Burger, but they've taken all the meat off the menu and replaced it with vegan food. Homer drives around town, seeing that all restaurants have done this too. He comes across a rusty old trailer, where everything is unhealthy and disgusting.

The next day, Homer tells his family everything about it. Grandpa tells him that when Homer was a boy, he used to take him there all the time. When he and Mona argued with each other, they went to a marriage counselor, which was next to the hot dog stand. They left Homer there and the guy who worked there gave him hot dogs, which made Homer start eating away his misery. Back in the present, Patty and Selma had lost all their money in a bet at the DMV award show as well as their jobs by spending $100,000 on a $43 budget, so they're going to live with the Simpsons for a while. Meanwhile, Springfield Elementary has a radio show, run by the 4th graders and Lisa is included. Everyone else on the show is acting ridiculous and Lisa's the only normal one.

Eventually, Homer's attendance at the hot dog stand brings popularity to the stand, meaning that the Krusty Burger is losing customers. Lisa does an interview at the detention and the radio station gets shut down by Principal Skinner. Lisa feels bad about it, so Homer brings her to the hot dog store to cheer her up. When they get there, Homer learns the stand had been shut down by the health department, due to Krusty ratting them out. Krusty then buys out the stand. Homer denies this and he ties the restaurant stand chain to his car and drives off, taking the hot dog store with him. Homer ends up on the news. When the fat people hear about this, they side with Homer and help him achieve his goal, when Krusty tells the other restaurant mascots about it, an army of mascots, led by Colonel Sanders goes against them. On their drive, the stand, with Homer in it, goes off a bridge and is dangling from the chain. The man who used to run the stand comes back to Homer and saves him, telling him that he doesn't need the stand, and that the only reason why he thought it was so sacred is because it helped get him through some tough family times, not because of the content of the restaurant.

Homer gets back up and lets the stand go overboard and he doesn't get arrested for what he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

OutOfPrint posted:

After watching those four loving minutes, my wife and I both shouted out "What the gently caress was that?!"

Seriously, I would've thought that was something made up in this thread had I not seen it. It all happened at such a breakneck speed that we could barely follow it. It was insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va5_rn3vG3A