Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

...! posted:

Some things are there just for the sake of being silly. That's like asking for an explanation for Wally Brando or the plot significance of the Andy/Lucy chair argument.

For me that was a lot more terrifying than silly. Brando and Andy/Lucy parts are comedy relief, but that scene seemed to have some significance and connection to the Black Lodge stuff, to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

If it ever turns out Audrey is a tulpa (or there is one of her running around), can we officially name it Aubrey?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
auudrey

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
if u get that reference know that i feel ashamed for making that reference

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Cromulent posted:

I think those chairs will come back. Lynch's message to Twin Peaks Fest this year was "Does one chair lead to another?" Also, Mike appeared in Cooper's hospital room over the chair. Bobby's mom kept The Major's capsule hidden in the chair in her living room.

Not only that but David Lynch himself has been known to sit in chairs. In fact, almost everyone on the show uses a chair at some point in the series. What could it all mean??!?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Baloogan posted:

if u get that reference know that i feel ashamed for making that reference

wait is that that "two lukes" star wars poo poo

if so, you should know I probably feel worse for recognizing that than you did for posting it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
remember billy's chair thing too
and andy and lucy arguing about chairs

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

wait is that that "two lukes" star wars poo poo

if so, you should know I probably feel worse for recognizing that than you did for posting it

yes

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
RIP me 2017 Auudrey killed me

Maybe there really is something to this tuulpa thing

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Baudrey is canon,

with a straight face, no one can tell if he means what he said or if he is joking

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

god dammit

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

heres a new crackpot theory i found on a conspiracy youtube. hell yeah.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
i guarantee its unrelated but i like the coincidental thematic tie-in of electricity manipulating human behavior.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Martman posted:

If it ever turns out Audrey is a tulpa (or there is one of her running around), can we officially name it Aubrey?

Audrey II. There is no other option.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

And More posted:

Audrey II.

I'm slain.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Vikar Jerome posted:

all that talk of product placement reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ZRHjC5wGI

Season 2.5 right here, holy poo poo

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
So I saw an interesting theory that the painting Laura was given in Fire Walk With Me that led her to the Black Lodge ended up with her being replaced with a Tulpa, like Diane was.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I was kind of afraid of this. Some people need to wedge a single plot element into every space. Tulpas are going to be Twin Peaks' Secret Targ.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

cis autodrag posted:

I was kind of afraid of this. Some people need to wedge a single plot element into every space. Tulpas are going to be Twin Peaks' Secret Targ.

That sounds like something a Tulpa would say.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

...! posted:

I still remember shows from the '90s that had things like "Chips"-brand chips and "Beer"-brand beer.

I was very happy to see in the second episode that the Roadhouse still had their Miller-shaped "BEER On Tap" neon sign. There's actually a couple neon signs in this and the original series that are common beer signs but stripped of the brand names.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

...! posted:

I still remember shows from the '90s that had things like "Chips"-brand chips and "Beer"-brand beer.

Generic no-brand stuff was a real thing you could buy in stores and I miss it.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

cis autodrag posted:

This happened when someone posted that article that ended up saying "what if ALL these characters are tulpas?!?"

E: Lol, here it is. And my favorite part:

IndieWire posted:

But what of Evil Cooper, who’s a double of Agent Cooper? Is Evil Cooper a tulpa himself? And if so, can a tulpa create its own tulpa?

TheMaestroso fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 2, 2017

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/aedison/status/903702404960591872

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i dont really read this thread but saw the 25yrs derail n just lol

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

kaworu posted:

And incidentally, I want to say how much I *adore* the Georgia Coffee commercials. Whomever directed those did put s *lot* of effort into getting the details right and giving the commercials a strong internal logic and consistency!

It was this guy called David Lynch, not sure if you've heard of him.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
It's going to end with everyone suddenly realizing they are tulpas and then pan out to David Lynch directing the last scene and saying "CUT!" through a megaphone. But he will slowly look around and realize that all the actors and crew ARE tulpas, except for him. And it will pan out further to a circular city floating in space. STARRING KYLE MACLACHLAN

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i desperately want to buy some of that canned georgia coffee now

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
cooper hits his head getting out of the limo at the airport and reverts to dougie STARRING KYLE MACLACHLAN

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Vikar Jerome posted:

all that talk of product placement reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ZRHjC5wGI

How the gently caress am I only seeing these now. Someone please make gifs for each of the thumbs ups.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Baloogan posted:

cooper hits his head getting out of the limo at the airport and reverts to dougie STARRING KYLE MACLACHLAN
It all comes back to The Flintstones again.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A thought: Tomorrow we could conceivably be surprised by seeing David Bowie's last filmed appearance before he died, or else we'll have to accept that he was reincarnated as a teapot

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

A thought: Tomorrow we could conceivably be surprised by seeing David Bowie's last filmed appearance before he died, or else we'll have to accept that he was reincarnated as a teapot

I don't think that's going to happen. There's not going to be any secret Bowie show. There's not going to be a 4th season. We're going to see the end of this story, but it's not going to feel 100% complete. It will be less of a cliffhanger than Cooper smashing his head into a mirror and saying "How's Annie!?" but it's not going to answer all the questions. It will end in a way that none of us have even thought of. It's going to be wonderfully incomplete so that we can ponder it for years to come.

(Edit: If there is a secret Bowie show or a 4th season I will explode, but it's not going to happen.)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
there would be alot more bowie hype if it were a secret bowie

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Baloogan posted:

there would be alot more bowie hype if it were a secret bowie
I'm not counting on it, but what if the lack of hype makes it more plausible? What if Lynch just springs it on everyone? That'd be wild. I'm not counting out the possibility completely.

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

I've been hoping for it all season, but I think the fact that they got a new voice actor for the teapot and phone calls, even going so far as to redub the flashback to his fwwm scene means they didnt't really get anything out of Bowie.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm sure something was planned before Bowie's death.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

eshock posted:

I've been hoping for it all season, but I think the fact that they got a new voice actor for the teapot and phone calls, even going so far as to redub the flashback to his fwwm scene means they didnt't really get anything out of Bowie.
Yeah pretty much. They got Warren Frost's performance over Skype, if they couldn't even get audio from Bowie they sure as hell didn't get a musical performance. The Jeffries motel scene was clearly where Bowie would have made his appearance and if they'd been able to do anything with him I'm sure they would have gone for that. Harry Goaz has also gone on record saying they wanted to film with Bowie but it didn't work out.

If I'm completely honest I think it's a little bit in bad taste to think of one of the 20th century's most iconic artists dying of cancer in the context of "maybe they still got him on TV and it's a big surprise."

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm sure something was planned before Bowie's death.

Lynch actually put all of his special effects budget into the final Bowie performance. Check it out.

By the way, I noticed another one of those random inconsistencies that seem to crop up all over this season:

The POV shot of Diane looking into her bag before she pulls the gun is clearly from earlier when she's at the bar. It's particularly obvious because the cigarettes are supposed to be on the table next to her.

And More fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 2, 2017

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i thought she just carried two packs :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

The Walrus posted:

i thought she just carried two packs :shrug:

Maybe she doesn't have to because her purse resets as soon as it's closed. Typical item duplication bug.

And More fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 2, 2017