Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Randaconda posted:

Yeah, the docs told me it doesn't come up that often, thankfully.

Neither does your dick now OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Compilation of short schad videos, there's some great ones in there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFAmOMyl3ZA

Edit: they just posted a new compilation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UcooP8wtPs

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 11:38 on Sep 2, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Rental Camera Gear Destroyed by the Solar Eclipse of 2017

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

How expensive is that damage? I expect something between "very expensive" and "really loving expensive", and since they're rental they'll have to refund the company :allears:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Mikl posted:

How expensive is that damage? I expect something between "very expensive" and "really loving expensive", and since they're rental they'll have to refund the company :allears:

Yeah, the 600mm Canon lens is at least eight grand.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Stoatbringer posted:

I'm seeing 11-12 grand, but I'm not really trying too hard to find a bargain.

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome

Stoatbringer posted:

Just looked it up. Right around $11,500. Goddamn.

efb

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Crikey, if you get that much damage to plastic and glass, imagine what it does to your actual eyes :stonk:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ms Boods posted:

Crikey, if you get that much damage to plastic and glass, imagine what it does to your actual eyes :stonk:

Literally those burns you see on the camera sensors and internal mirrors but inside your God drat eye balls. Lmao

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

MariusLecter posted:

Literally those burns you see on the camera sensors and internal mirrors but inside your God drat eye balls. Lmao

Love our brain-genius president

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://steamcommunity.com/id/huskySATAN/inventory/#730

He has $203,534.31 worth of CS:GO skins in his backpack. He is also trade banned which means he has no way of cashing these items out. They will forever sit in his backpack mocking him.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
No.

Just, gently caress no.

I refuse to accept I live in a world where some goober has spent over two hundred thousand dollars on computer game skins.

EDIT: On KNIVES! for a computer game.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 13:49 on Sep 2, 2017

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

They're for Skin Gambling, not personal use. Valve started to crack down it hard about a year ago. Some folks get banned outright, others get "trade banned" which strands all of their assets on the account.

Edit: Also, Skin Gambling is way too ominous a name for something so mundane and nerdy.

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 14:25 on Oct 14, 2017

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Randaconda posted:

Yeah, they put me under after I got an infected wisdom tooth, and they were just gonna pull all of them, and it turned out I have it. Woke the next morning with my mother and sister in my room looking very concerned.

And since Shands is a teaching hospital, I had all these baby docs (and a few older docs who hadn't seen it) wandering by to look at my chart and make thoughtful sounds.

Woah, good thing you didn't die there Rands! It's good to have you around.

:glomp:

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
only a man whos looked pale death in the eyes and lived to tell about it could possibly trawl through so many hundreds of pages of diaper furries and mlp nazi fruit loops to bring us our beloved AUG :patriot:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:yaycloud:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/obEUmCG.mp4

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=YlPkvH9B3j0
Gunman confesses crime to camera crew and proceeds to be a silly idiot.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

I was hoping for a cheeky Pickle Rick at the the end.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
poo poo gettin real on the dandenong line..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAX7HCYfjwU

e: the logical conclusion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_DDKo3yJ78

Slugnoid has a new favorite as of 14:56 on Sep 2, 2017

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slugnoid posted:

only a man whos looked pale death in the eyes and lived to tell about it could possibly trawl through so many hundreds of pages of diaper furries and mlp nazi fruit loops to bring us our beloved AUG :patriot:

Sometimes they're all those things at once.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What is it with cats and cucumbers? Seriously, some of those kitties near the end just disappeared off the screen :allears:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Snake detection system, bypasses cortical control and slams that eject button.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommissarMega posted:

What is it with cats and cucumbers? Seriously, some of those kitties near the end just disappeared off the screen :allears:

They kinda look like snakes.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You gotta hand it to cats though. They're mean motherfuckers. While all other mammals have evolved to go "gently caress!! SNAKE!!!!!!!!" and bolt cause all who didn't got et, there's a species of cat that evolved to go yay food instead and just wreck them cunts for snacks.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Hats.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Slugnoid posted:

poo poo gettin real on the dandenong line..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAX7HCYfjwU

e: the logical conclusion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_DDKo3yJ78

You could have told me that was Ringwood station and I would have 100% believed you

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Skippy McPants posted:

Edit: Also, Skin Gambling is way too ominous a name for something so mundane and nerdy.

There were actually youtubers with massive underage followings who owned gambling companies. They'd post rigged videos of them winning big and talk it up. It's really greasy.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Imagine being nationally known as "The Crying Nazi".

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

You gotta hand it to cats though. They're mean motherfuckers. While all other mammals have evolved to go "gently caress!! SNAKE!!!!!!!!" and bolt cause all who didn't got et, there's a species of cat that evolved to go yay food instead and just wreck them cunts for snacks.

I used to have a real rear end in a top hat of a cat and one time I saw him pull a five foot snake out from under a shed by biting it behind the head while its body was whipping around like crazy.

My current cats panic and run if I give them a new kind of treat. You could say, they're real pussies.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

CommissarMega posted:

Every time I see your username I mentally read it out as CommissarMaga and have myself a lol. Just wanted to share.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Karate Bastard posted:

Back when my cats were indoor/outdoor (before keeping them inside full time due to one breaking a leg and the others wandering off way too far), one of them brought me a snake on my way out to work. Not a huge snake, but probably twice as long as she was. And it wasn't quite dead, just flopping around with its guts hanging out while my cat happily meowed at me with a mouth full of snake.

I shouldn't have been surprised, two of her sisters used to team up to take down birds. They'd sit far enough apart facing each other that if the bird managed to get away from one and start taking off, the other would jump up and smack it back to the ground. It was like bird tennis if you didn't go out there and chase them off.

Their oversized brother, on the other hand, just hunted butterflies.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

I have a new kitten; I have several cucumbers in the fridge. Just tried this experiment, and all he did was attack the cucumber, bite it several times, then snuggle up to it. He's also in love with the hoover.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Karate Bastard posted:

Every time I see your username I mentally read it out as CommissarMaga and have myself a lol. Just wanted to share.

Wow, talk about the schaden coming from within the thread :v:

Randaconda posted:

They kinda look like snakes.

Really? Because I don't know about what kind of cats you have in those strange foreign climes, but my cats hunt everything vaguely snakelike. Maybe I should introduce them to cucumbers too.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

CommissarMega posted:

Really? Because I don't know about what kind of cats you have in those strange foreign climes, but my cats hunt everything vaguely snakelike. Maybe I should introduce them to cucumbers too.
Do it and take a video for us.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I had a cat that was quite old, 22 years old or so. She was not good at hunting mousies or birdies any more so she would hunt dried up leaves and leave them on the back porch for me instead. Once she brought home a five dollar bill sat it by my feet and meowed. Best kitty ever.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think generally cucumbers are fine. It's surprise cucumbers that do a number on them. Like, throw one on them, see what happens.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
This is pretty hosed-up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-doing-her-job/

Suspect fleeing from the cops on the highway crosses into opposing traffic and crashes into a truck head-on. Suspect dies. Truck driver is injured, severely burned, and comatose. Medics take him to the hospital.

A nearby police department sends one of their cops, a trained phlebotomist, to the hospital to draw blood from the unconscious man. Who isn't suspected of a crime, who is the *victim* here, but the cops want his blood anyway, to "protect" him in some unspecified fashion. The duty nurse, quite sensibly, and following hospital policy, says basically "No loving way. We're not going to let you come in here and perform a medical procedure on an unconscious nonconsenting patient without a warrant.

The cop eventually freaks out and arrests the nurse, cuffing her and throwing her in the back of her cruiser. On the 19-minute long video of the incident he's basically a giant suppurating rear end in a top hat. Of course, the cop is still on duty. Of course, so is his supervisor who ordered him to arrest the nurse. Of course, so is his fellow officer who did nothing but stand there and watch him assault a woman who'd committed no crime.

Today brings a new revelation: the crash victim, who was laying there in a coma? He's a reserve police officer in a neighboring police department. That police department has released a statement:

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/09/rigby-police-chief-thanks-nurse-for-standing-firm-in-protecting-officers-rights/

quote:

Within the first hours of Officer Gray being admitted into the burn unit, an incident occurred between hospital staff and an officer from an agency in Utah who was assisting with the investigation.

The Rigby Police Department was not aware of this incident until Aug. 31, 2017.

The Rigby Police Department would like to thank the nurse involved and hospital staff for standing firm and protecting Officer Gray’s rights as a patient and victim. Protecting the rights of others is truly a heroic act.

The Rigby Police Department would also like to acknowledge the hard work of the involved agencies, and trusts that this unfortunate incident will be investigated thoroughly and appropriate action will be taken.

It is important to remember that Officer Gray is the victim in this horrible event, and that at no time was he under any suspicion of wrongdoing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I watched some of that video and that cop is a real disgusting shitstain. The nurse had printouts of the law and TEN supervisors backing her up and telling the cop that no, he can't do that. So the cop gets pissed off and arrests the NURSE. It's blatant intimidation and I doubt anything is going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

I think generally cucumbers are fine. It's surprise cucumbers that do a number on them. Like, throw one on them, see what happens.

Field report: snuck up behind kitten (who is currently having a mad half-hour, eye pointing in two different directions, &c) and threw down a fridge cucumber. He gave it a sniff and a lick, then ran off to attack the kitchen bin. Searched the fridge for other hostile fruit. Problem is, when he's not loving on the Dyson or sat in the sink with the tap running or doing that Linda Blair/Exorcist spider walk, he likes to play with apple peels and sticks his face into orange juice and fizzy drinks to partake if you don't police him. He just likes fruit, I guess.

He's currently running laps with a corn dolly in his mouth.