Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's dope that all Midoriya needed was a leg up and otherwise he's been studying heroes so long that this stuff is coming naturally to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Much like Goku, it seems like Deku is firmly a Blue Mage, he just copies techniques from other people :v:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Moltrey posted:

sadboy deku owns and mt lady should've been the protag.

a lazy mid-late 20's woman who just wants money and fame is a great lead

It was stated she was original the role Uraraka has so you wouldn't have gotten that either way.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

CharlestheHammer posted:

It was stated she was original the role Uraraka has so you wouldn't have gotten that either way.

I also seem to remember it being stated that she would have been kinda brooding because of feeling guilty about all the property damage she would cause by using her powers. It makes me think that Mt. Lady in our story has already gone through that and came out the other side by coping with a defensive sort of detachment that comes across as laziness.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

GRAPE JUICE is somehow a fittingly disgusting name for that creepazoid

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hargrimm posted:

That is his hero name.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Hargrimm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZoiJM1vlfc

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I like how Bakugo is basically unchanged.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/903190166948290560

Not just outfits, the Quirks too
:3:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

And the personalities! I think Jiro as Alien Queen Pinky is my favorite. She just looks so excited!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Electric Froppy :3:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love angry momo!!!

also the key to making me love tokoyami was giving him todoroki's head, what a shock

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

Eela6 posted:

And the personalities! I think Jiro as Alien Queen Pinky is my favorite. She just looks so excited!

The fact I can't tell the difference between Todoroki and Tokoyami is incredibly telling.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

theGrooseofLegend posted:

The fact I can't tell the difference between Todoroki and Tokoyami is incredibly telling.

They're both very serious and brooding so swapping them without a context doesn't do much for their designs. I would've killed to see Tokoyami with a Bakugou or Kirishima since it is funny when birds smile.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Just realized Sero has the best hero name (Cellophane), because, if you take into account japanese r/l ambiguity, it's got his name in it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Just realized Sero has the best hero name (Cellophane), because, if you take into account japanese r/l ambiguity, it's got his name in it.

It's not just the R/L, even. The Japanese word for Cellophane is 'Serohan.' Sero Hanta. It's just the word full stop with a 'Ta' added on to make it a Japanese name.

HeroAca names. :allears:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

PMush Perfect posted:

Electric Froppy :3:

:hai:

Also, you can see Bakugo's leg there, so he's totally wearing Yaoyorozu's mini beltskirt. :allears:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pokemons
https://twitter.com/CopyQuirk/status/903632934770540544

https://twitter.com/CopyQuirk/status/902889767125307394

https://twitter.com/CopyQuirk/status/901834906413793280

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
There is a criminal lack of fast pokemon on Iida's, but most of those are spot on.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I love Kaminari and his Pikachu Army

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Especially the derpy one :allears:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Subterfuge posted:

There is a criminal lack of fast pokemon on Iida's, but most of those are spot on.

I was going to say, Skarmory's look fits but he needs a Ninjask or something.

Still, those are nice.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

:allears:

That's Some Froppy!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
BEST

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I don't get it, what's so good about her?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Today's episode had a good ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Ibblebibble posted:

Today's episode had a good ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA
Too bad it was MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
"Yao-momo". Never change, Mina. :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wanna see how mouse principal fights :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Petiso posted:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ooooh. This actually deviates from the manga. In the manga, all the fights were fought in different locations at the same time. I was kinda confused when they started numbering them as "first fight" and "second fight", but I like this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like that they adapted the Midnight/Mt. Lady omake for the cold open.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
during OP shitpost: I think that cold sequence was just for the gifable bit at the nd

at eyecatch: :tviv:

ED time: so hype right now

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 2, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Petiso posted:

thank you

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Mt. Lady is such a great superhero name. It cracks me up every single time.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I want to see All Might beat the poo poo out of a child.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I forgot Kirishima failed his final exam :(

I like this deviation from the manga a lot though; anything that gives the other students more exposure is fine by me

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I hope they saved enough of their budget for Aoyama sparkling effects. In case you don't know he's a man who will never stop twinkling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I love that Bakugo and Kirishima really are friends. Bakugo is genuinely trying to help Kirishima here, even if he's being the usual rear end in a top hat about it.

• Locked thread