Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

iospace posted:

Lions Playoffs wins with Stafford: 0.

We'd have one if the refs hadn't picked up that goddamn flag :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Acebuckeye13 posted:

We'd have one if the refs hadn't picked up that goddamn flag :argh:

That's true, so that one isn't on him.

Maybe he should have thrown it in a better location :smuggo:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Stafford played absolutely phenomenal in the playoffs in 2011. The problem was Drew Brees kept shredding the D like a paper bag.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

VJeff posted:

Stafford played absolutely phenomenal in the playoffs in 2011. The problem was Drew Brees kept shredding the D like a paper bag.

tbf it's literally impossible not to shred the Saints defense

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Someone please Photoshop a big neck into that baby, or switch heads or something

Also, here is an article from the magazine: http://www.chicagoparent.com/learn/general-parenting/pros-and-cons-of-ditching-clothes-when-you-have-kids/

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

Stafford's 29. Even if you're going into a rebuilding phase, why would you want to tank? So you can draft another QB?

And really he is a top 10 QB, or at least has the talent to be one with good enough WRs. He ain't gonna be Aaron Rodgers but I don't think "2nd best QB in the division" is enough to do him justice in the NFC North dumpster fire.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

BGrifter posted:

Maybe I'm buying into the Vikings hype a bit too much, but I see them getting better and the Packers remaining the Packers. I might be overrating Minnesota and underrating Detroit.

Wait what Vikings hype is there? The offense is awful.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Fenrir posted:

And really he is a top 10 QB, or at least has the talent to be one with good enough WRs. He ain't gonna be Aaron Rodgers but I don't think "2nd best QB in the division" is enough to do him justice in the NFC North dumpster fire.

3rd best

Thread title

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Hand Row posted:

Wait what Vikings hype is there? The offense is awful.

Dalvin Cook bitch!!!!

But yeah, whatever attention they were getting for having "improved" the offensive line should be gone based on preseason performance. Especially since the defense didn't look as hot as it should, either.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

AsInHowe posted:

Someone please Photoshop a big neck into that baby, or switch heads or something

Also, here is an article from the magazine: http://www.chicagoparent.com/learn/general-parenting/pros-and-cons-of-ditching-clothes-when-you-have-kids/

Give him the baseball arm head

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Put Mitch as the baby

Edit:. And change Ditch to Mitch

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/MrCreative7/status/903295080668135424
https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/903311649947361280

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/903291582828380160

This is a good move.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy oh boy Laken flamed out in a hurry, didn't he.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

He was going to get cut, so how the gently caress did they pull that off.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
When you draft a football player from Duke in the 1st round, you're just asking for a bust.

Lions.txt

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Hizawk posted:

He was going to get cut, so how the gently caress did they pull that off.

There's gonna be a feeding frenzy on bubble players once teams have to cut down to their 53 man rosters, so it makes sense that a team like the 49ers would be willing to trade a cheap pick to make sure they get the player they want.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Laken Tomlinson. poo poo rear end draft pick

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I hope he retires and becomes a neurosurgeon like he said he would

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what week do you think they unleash the trubes

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

R.D. Mangles posted:

what week do you think they unleash the trubes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao John Fox just let Trubs take a meaningless hit in a meaningless game rather than like testing out the new longsnapper he had to sign.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Really? I was thinking the over/under was about 4.5, and that almost felt too high. Not even based on talent, either, just going by who he's trying to beat out.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So preseason is over. I've had a lot on my plate in August and missed all the Packers preseason games for the first time in several years.

How does the team look? The rookies? Hundley? Is Jeff Janis yet again a preseason superstar? Any major injuries or injuries that look like they'll be persistent throughout the season (Clay Matthews's famed hamstring)?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

So preseason is over. I've had a lot on my plate in August and missed all the Packers preseason games for the first time in several years.

How does the team look? The rookies? Hundley? Is Jeff Janis yet again a preseason superstar? Any major injuries or injuries that look like they'll be persistent throughout the season (Clay Matthews's famed hamstring)?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Thaddius the Large posted:

Really? I was thinking the over/under was about 4.5, and that almost felt too high. Not even based on talent, either, just going by who he's trying to beat out.

4 games for Glennon, 1 for Sanchez

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Seems like they are finally making scheme changes on both sides of the ball, for the better. Burnett is going to see a lot of time at linebacker, so maybe the team won't be so awful at covering the middle of the field. The DLine looks strong enough that teams won't run all over it either.

Offense looks like it will run a lot of New England two TE stuff with Bennett and Kendricks. If the other team goes small, run, otherwise split them out on linebackers.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

GeneX posted:

4 games for Glennon, 1 for Sanchez

Huh, either I completely forgot about Sanchez or combined him and Glennon into some amorphous blob of inaccuracy, in my head Trubes was 2nd string. Yeah, I'd even give Sanchez 2 games, might hit the halfway mark on the season before they completely panic.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Thaddius the Large posted:

Huh, either I completely forgot about Sanchez or combined him and Glennon into some amorphous blob of inaccuracy, in my head Trubes was 2nd string. Yeah, I'd even give Sanchez 2 games, might hit the halfway mark on the season before they completely panic.

Mitchell "I love to kiss tittiess" Trubisky should be 2nd string right now, but I refuse to trust that John Fox has even the slightest desire to do the smart thing here

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

You tell 'em I'm coming! And Hell's coming with me you hear! Hell's coming with me!

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/903643845824524288

Not surprising but will be very interesting to see if the Vikings attempt to toll his contract for 2018, since this will keep him from playing past the Week 6 deadline.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Huh, didn't see this coming:

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/904005632759656448

He certainly wasn't good last year, but it's still pretty surprising all the same.

Edit: This one is less surprising but it's personally a bit disappointing, since I graduated from EMU and was hoping he'd succeed:

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/904003796543709184

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/adamjahns/status/904012366748282882

Rip great white Bears WR hope

Enjoy your career on the Pats.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/adamjahns/status/904012366748282882

Rip great white Bears WR hope

Enjoy your career on the Pats.

All the bears beat writers wouldn't shut up about how great he was in camp

Amazing

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WRs Max McCaffrey, Malachi Dupre, and DeAngelo Yancey all cut, hope they make it to the practice squad.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

WRs Max McCaffrey, Malachi Dupre, and DeAngelo Yancey all cut, hope they make it to the practice squad.

Not too surprising, Davis and Janis are too valuable on ST. And if they had kept a 6 WR whoever it is would be released once Geronimo is back after his suspension.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Lions announced their final round of cuts.

Unfortunately, the incredibly named Storm Norton didn't make the team.

Edit: Other highlights:

-5 Receivers (TJ Jones and Jared Abbrederis ended up making the cut)
-3 Tight Ends (RIP Cole Wick)
-5(!) Running Backs, including game 4 standout Tion Green
-11 Defensive Backs
-Antwione Williams and Brad Kaaya gone

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 2, 2017

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Lions announced their final round of cuts.

Unfortunately, the incredibly named Storm Norton didn't make the team.

I wouldn't be shocked if they stashed Norton on the practice squad for a year to get bigger/stronger. Dude is 6'8", but only 310 pounds listed.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

GeneX posted:

All the bears beat writers wouldn't shut up about how great he was in camp

Amazing

He really has been good. The Bears are taking a risk that he'll clear waivers so he can get signed to the practice squad. But I don't understand why they'd take that risk. They're far and away the worst receiving corps in the league and they're already lost Meredith for the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Emanuel Collective posted:

He really has been good. The Bears are taking a risk that he'll clear waivers so he can get signed to the practice squad. But I don't understand why they'd take that risk. They're far and away the worst receiving corps in the league and they're already lost Meredith for the year.

yeah I'm incredulous not at the journalists but at John Fox and Ryan Pace

I think they might need to keep meredith on the roster to put him on IR, so maybe they intend to re sign gentry? I dunno

• Locked thread