Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Panamaniac posted:

I just want to know why David Bowie turned into a giant kettle

I think the kettle is feeding him and hes the floating transparent ball that poops numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
yeah he a guild navigator now :catdrugs:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Panamaniac posted:

its the true face of all british ""people""

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Vince MechMahon posted:

Black Lodge. At this point is further explanation really needed?

A wizard lodge did it.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Soup du Journey posted:

yeah he a guild navigator now :catdrugs:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Panamaniac posted:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I hope bad coop kills Audrey and her stupid weirdly shaped husband

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I hope you fix your heart or die

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It'll turn out that Audrey's husband is actually Bad Coop's penis grown to 65% human size.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

King Vidiot posted:

It'll turn out that Audrey's husband is actually Bad Coop's penis grown to 65% human size.

lol

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I am excited to see what twists and turns David Lynch brings us in the monumental conclusion to his magnum plus Twin Peaks, Over the course of its 27 years, the mysteries of the town have captivated audiences worldwide. Every day it seems a new person finds themselves drawn into the murky underbelly of intrigue that rides the small town as a ghastly shadow. At this point the only real question is what will he choose to truly conclude, or if new viewers will feel the same sense of terrifying openness that followed the end of that original series. That only way to find out is to tune in Sunday, to Showtime, when, after 27 years, David Lynch draws his magnum opus Twin Peaks to a twisting, turning monumental conclusion 27 years in the making, after captivating generations worldwide in the 27 years since its intriguing debut

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

I am excited to see what twists and turns David Lynch brings us in the monumental conclusion to his magnum plus Twin Peaks, Over the course of its 27 years, the mysteries of the town have captivated audiences worldwide. Every day it seems a new person finds themselves drawn into the murky underbelly of intrigue that rides the small town as a ghastly shadow. At this point the only real question is what will he choose to truly conclude, or if new viewers will feel the same sense of terrifying openness that followed the end of that original series. That only way to find out is to tune in Sunday, to Showtime, when, after 27 years, David Lynch draws his magnum opus Twin Peaks to a twisting, turning monumental conclusion 27 years in the making, after captivating generations worldwide in the 27 years since its intriguing debut

Heh.

*Nodding Jeremiah Johnson*

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
My hope and expectation:

In a final showdown at the Twin Peaks Sheriff's Department, Bad Cooper (Booper) and Good Cooper (Gooper) are gonna have a wobble-vision fight over Audrey and the Chittering Woman. Furthermore, someone's face is probably gonna get chomped in by a black lodger again.

Electricity has been the major malevolent "element" of this season (as opposed to the fire and water from earlier seasons), so I hope to see more of that kind of symbolism at play.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Electricity has been the major malevolent "element" of this season (as opposed to the fire and water from earlier seasons), so I hope to see more of that kind of symbolism at play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEqhiC4zcGA

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

i am the fbi :unsmith:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Maya Fey posted:

i am the fbi :unsmith:

PART time.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Egbert Souse posted:

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

SplitSoul posted:

gently caress GENE KELLY YOU MOTHERFUCKER

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

gently caress GENE KELLY YOU MOTHERFUCKER
still my favorite quote of the season.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Blind woman in jail is Diane.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Naido > Odian
maybe :confused:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Lynch's Mysterious Woman Triad:

Log Lady
Seer, mystic
Quote:"The owls are not what they seem."

Naido
Blind, otherworldly
Quote:*indistinct chittering, guttural nattering and shrieking*

Diane
Self-aware, tulpa
Quote:"gently caress you, Tammy."

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Woman playing FBI agent is catastrophically bad actress.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The Dennis System posted:

yeah... unfortunately.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

My hope and expectation:

In a final showdown at the Twin Peaks Sheriff's Department, Bad Cooper (Booper) and Good Cooper (Gooper) are gonna have a wobble-vision fight over Audrey and the Chittering Woman. Furthermore, someone's face is probably gonna get chomped in by a black lodger again.

electricity was a thing before, too. in fwwm samson from carnivale said that electricity allowed congress between the two worlds. it might be a theme with the bomb - elements of modernity are associated with the black lodge entering the world. maybe something could tie how a lot of the supernatural stuff is very mundane in how it comes about to that, too, though i haven't given that anymore thought. if it's saying anything i doubt it's a blanket 'look how evil modern science has made men' or anything - if that were the case the black lodge would've entered at hiroshima or nagasaki rather than just for a test, and nothing gives off any kind of luddite vibe. i mean it could just as easily be something lynch thought was neat and striking, i'm not going to pretend the motifs and themes have revealed any deep new intellectual vistas.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

My guess is woman from Mean Girls was killed by dude crying in forest with Alicia Witt. Although this would be catastrophic for Madchen Amick's character, so maybe not. That would be pretty dark.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

She's one of lynch's best friends and she knows she's bad and she was really nervous about doing it. She's also a not very good singer, which is what her day job is. I've softened up to her once I found that out. Doesn't make her any less terrible, but it explains why she's there at all.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

i like the one note sexy fbi agent.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'm watching on Showtime streaming and up to part 6.

Dementia Cooper keeps getting funnier.

Also, Jacoby's internet rants are the best.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Egbert Souse posted:

Dementia Cooper keeps getting funnier.
it's so loving awesome

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

a hole-y ghost posted:

it's so loving awesome

ya i quite literally feel bad for people who dont like every one of those scenes. when he hands bushnell the paper thats just got like a bunch of scribblings on it and bushnell is all ``hmmmmm interesting find, dougie!`` lmao

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Neurosis posted:

It was because she was dating Kyle Maclachlan. They wrote in Annie instead. Donna was not the primary sex appeal. Audrey was absurdly hot and the thought of Billy Zane laying a hand on her is enraging.

Huh, I swear I read the other version a few years ago but now I can't find anything to support it. I wonder where I got it from.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The Walrus posted:

ya i quite literally feel bad for people who dont like every one of those scenes. when he hands bushnell the paper thats just got like a bunch of scribblings on it and bushnell is all ``hmmmmm interesting find, dougie!`` lmao
And the bushnell handshake is so good

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
http://tv.avclub.com/sherilyn-fenn-talks-david-lynch-and-how-twin-peaks-shou-1798266317

Her take is that Kyle and Laura were dating and Laura got jealous.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

King Vidiot posted:

No wonder Booper's so angry all the time.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

If you watch the Q&A part of the TP panel at Comic-Con, you will see someone ask the question: Why not Coop-Audrey? Kyle deftly steps aside of that minefield and states that Audrey was a high school student and would be an inappropriate relationship. lol

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

The Walrus posted:

the Dougie, Bushnell, and Mitchum brothers power team is the best team.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

WaryWarren posted:

If you watch the Q&A part of the TP panel at Comic-Con, you will see someone ask the question: Why not Coop-Audrey? Kyle deftly steps aside of that minefield and states that Audrey was a high school student and would be an inappropriate relationship. lol

Uhm, he's actually right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

WaryWarren posted:

Audrey was a high school student and would be an inappropriate relationship.

Which was pretty much the same thing coop said when he found her in his bed at the hotel.

• Locked thread