Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Timby posted:

Speaking of Affleck, THR is saying that he absolutely is not doing The Batman.

The best part of it is that they go "sources say Affleck won't be Batman for Reeves" and they follow that with WB and Reeves' statements denying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

My favorite thing about Leto's Joker is comic book nerds having problem grasping that keeping Leto around as Joker is WB listening to the fans.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I really don't get all this Texas Two Step wrt to Batfleck. Like, something's up right?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
My completely unfounded, pulled-out-my-rear end guess is that Affleck won't commit until he sees the reception to JL.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

The MSJ posted:

My favorite thing about Leto's Joker is comic book nerds having problem grasping that keeping Leto around as Joker is WB listening to the fans.

Yeah. Leto Joker is almost as popular with kids as Harley.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Timby posted:

Speaking of Affleck, THR is saying that he absolutely is not doing The Batman.

Maybe coming in 2019 to a theater near you or not, Ben Affleck is or isn't Schrodinger's Batman

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

porfiria posted:

I really don't get all this Texas Two Step wrt to Batfleck. Like, something's up right?

I figured the media desperately wants all the DC movies to be production disasters and is pouncing on any half-imagined rumour they can.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Was it someone here who said it? "My favorite genre of entertainment news is interviewers trying very hard to get anyone involved in the DCU to say that Zack Snyder is bad."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Can't wait til Flashpoint is used to recast and retcon the DCU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

George Clooney should have been saved for Clayface.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

That's what will make DC comic book movies a success at last, opaque continuity based around the desire of writers to tell self-contained stories while desperately maintaining 'canon' because ???

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

BiggerBoat posted:

I always thought Prince would have made a great WIlly Wonka.

Michael Jackson would have been the best real life Willy Wonka. This has nothing to do with the allegations, he was just a really eccentric dude

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

josh04 posted:

That's what will make DC comic book movies a success at last, opaque continuity based around the desire of writers to tell self-contained stories while desperately maintaining 'canon' because ???

Copying the MCU formula is something "the fans" really want, so yes?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The MCU formula, as regularly gets pointed out in this thread, barely has any continuity at all in terms of plot or character. It has continuity... of costumes and actors.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Michael Jackson would have been the best real life Willy Wonka. This has nothing to do with the allegations, he was just a really eccentric dude

In retrospect, I feel MJ was probably innocent because Hollywood has shown that you can diddle kids and absolutely get away with it if you have the money and connections, MJ just had brain problems and a poor concept of boundaries. If he was guilty he'd have done a better job covering it up.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

bring back old gbs posted:

Leo does prestige movies, and maybe they're banking on Oscar nominations, but literally anybody else in the world is as likely to win an oscar as DiCaprio. The guy has a terrible track record with that award.

BiggerBoat posted:

I doubt that's a huge concern for a stand alone film about the Joker.

More I think on it, the more I like the idea. poo poo...bring Nicholson and Keaton back for cameos. Get a Pesci Penguin in there while we're at it. I'd love to see Scorcese's take on the Joker.

On the other hand, maybe there's a huge amount of internal pressure at WB to avoid making the first live action Joker film in decades that doesn't win an Oscar.

(Batman 1989 won Best Art Direction/Set Decoration, The Dark Knight won Best Sound Editing and Best Supporting Actor for Ledger, Suicide Squad won Best Makeup/Hairstyling)

Violator
May 15, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

My completely unfounded, pulled-out-my-rear end guess is that Affleck won't commit until he sees the reception to JL.

Yeah, this is it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He was super psyched about BvS and thought it was great, and then devastated that people hated it.

It's ok Ben, I liked it. And you know what Ben, I liked Paycheck. There's a bonus just from me

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He's the bomb in phantoms, yo.

:pgabz:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Best Affleck performance for my money:

"No, no. You know what? I have no idea what I'm doing. I have no idea. This button-- I don't know what that does, okay? All I know is that we just crashed back there, I lost two of my friends, we're 25 miles from Harry's shuttle. We don't know if he's alive. We don't know if he can fly. All I know is, there's a beep on this thing and I'm trying to get us there."

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

porfiria posted:

I'm spitballing here, but given that he's in early recovery, I'd bet that he doesn't want the attention.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
If Affleck doesn't do anything other than making weird cameos as Batman I'll be perfectly happy.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

He should also do that in films unrelated to the DCU that he stars in. Like just some scene is happening where he's offscreen where other characters are talking, you see Batfleck swing by just outside a window.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I want more stuff like him showing up to kiss someone else's girlfriend.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I thought Affleck pulled out, at least in part, to treat an alcohol problem?

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Poor Affleck, first J Lo and Gigli, and now the Gigli of psychoactive chemicals: alcohol.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

MacheteZombie posted:

Dicaprio should be Riddler or Professor Pyg

Clayface

I just saw The Accountant last night, affleck was amazing in that, he really nailed the mannerisms.

Inhumans imax is getting crap reviews, as expected.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 2, 2017

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Unlike Prince?

Prince basically WAS Willy Wonka only with music instead of chocolate. He even wore purple. Fans who toured Paisley Park (which looked like a factory from the outside) said he sometimes played "Pure Imagination" in the foyer. He once sold "3121" CD's with golden tickets in them to give away free trips to his concerts. gently caress...dude probably had an oompa loompa or two running around somewhere, his own crazy hallucinogenic boat on Lake Minnetonka. He made people sign non-disclosure forms constantly.

He died in an elevator (admittedly not made of glass).

Prince could semi act as well... Actually, no he couldn't, but if he just played himself and did some music I think the Wonka role would have really worked. No joke.

Semi on topic because both Prince and Wonka had comic books and did movies.

Also, gently caress Micheal Jackson. That would have sucked, especially surrounding him with kids in the wake of his trial. Thee creep factor would have been unbearable. Depp's portrayal actually reminded me and others of MJ and we saw how that turned out.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

porfiria posted:

Poor Affleck, first J Lo and Gigli, and now the Gigli of psychoactive chemicals: alcohol.

Gobble gobble.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Al Borland Corp. posted:

He was super psyched about BvS and thought it was great, and then devastated that people hated it.

It's ok Ben, I liked it. And you know what Ben, I liked Paycheck. There's a bonus just from me

Part of his job as an actor in BvS was to help sell the movie. We really don't know how he feels about the movie or working with Snyder and WB or if he was devastated that people hated it.

If he's not going to be in the Batman movie WB probably wouldn't want to release that info before JL comes out. My guess after JL comes out he's out officially.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I was under the impression that the issue was that nobody would stop asking him about Batman, while completely ignoring that movie he released that I don't even remember the name of because I don't care.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Really he just fuckin' hates Joss Whedon.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

wyoming posted:

I mean who doesn't

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I hate how he managed to make the battle of New York in The Avengers look so flat and grey and brown. And boring.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I was under the impression that the issue was that nobody would stop asking him about Batman, while completely ignoring that movie he released that I don't even remember the name of because I don't care.

Yeah, Live by Night. It was a huge flop that nobody saw and while he was desperately trying to promote it people just wanted to talk about The Batman. And then any time he seemed annoyed there would immediately be "Ben Affleck seems upset about The Batman movie" headlines and rumors that he had one foot out the door. It had to be an endless cycle of hell.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

wyoming posted:

Should've gotten Kevin Smith to write/direct The Batman

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Should've gotten Kevin Smith to write/direct The Batman

I'M SURE YOU GREW UP WITH YOUR PARENTS TELLING YOU YOU WERE SPECIAL, THAT YOU HAD DESTINY. *swings a weakened Superman through columns* I LEARNED A VERY DIFFERENT LESSON: making GBS threads MY PANTS WHILE TALKING TO SOME TWO BIT GANGSTERS *prepares kryptonite rounds*

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
There's a rumor going now that says WB is eyeing John Cena for Shazam.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

his PSAs and make a wish stuff are great, the guy's good-dudedness would make for a good Shazam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Yeah, the dude is pretty much already a live action PSA about not doing drugs and staying in school.

• Locked thread