Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Unoriginal? Yes.

Played out? :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

weird Asian candy posted:

Unoriginal and played out jokes? Well I never!

Is this where I get the CAR LED BY 0 jersey?

Hey, I'm just relaying the memes. I mean, it's practically a rule of this thread.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I didn't mock Carolina or Cam much for being so bad in the Superbowl that the corpse of Peyton Manning beat them.

Karma doesn't exist.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

Hey, I'm just relaying the memes. I mean, it's practically a rule of this thread.

It's all good. This helps. I am preparing for a season of crap like this. It's going to be a long season folks.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

It's all good. This helps. I am preparing for a season of crap like this. It's going to be a long season folks.

I think you're through the worst of it. NEW SEASON!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Unoriginal and played out jokes? Well I never!

Is this where I get the CAR LED BY 0 jersey?

It's reactions like these that make the jokes worthwhile

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Joey Freshwater posted:

It's reactions like these that make the jokes worthwhile

I'm not even mad. I more find it pathetic and sad than anger worthy at this point :shrug: I appreciate good and original burns...like the Bucs twitter. Epic. I laughed.

Like to me, the only fans of teams that can talk crap are Pats fans. All the other fans are a bunch of bandwagon window lickers.

v

Sho nuff

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 1, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Never let 'em see you sweat bro!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Never let 'em see you sweat bro!

I already told him that, Swanson.

Nov 6, 2002

wandler20 posted:

I think you're through the worst of it. NEW SEASON!

Haha no. Now all the casual fans who don't pay attention to football during the off season get to make their own 28-3 jokes.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Haha no. Now all the casual fans who don't pay attention to football during the off season get to make their own 28-3 jokes.

Bingo. And they will think they are cool and original like the owner of that jersey. Window lickers!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bingo. And they will think they are cool and original like the owner of that jersey. Window lickers!

Gotta admire his dedication, though. If he bought that as a custom jersey form NFL.com, that cost him like 150 bucks.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The jokes will not stop until you win a Super Bowl. #VictoryFuel

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

p much.

Chili, wanna start a drinking game for this season? Whenever we see a "28-3" sign, we drink. Whenever we see a "Falcons lost a 25 point lead in the Superbowl" sign, we drink. Whenever the announcers bring up the Superbowl, we drink. Whenever they bring up Shanahan, we drink.

Nevermind, we would literally die by week 4.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

p much.

Chili, wanna start a drinking game for this season? Whenever we see a "28-3" sign, we drink. Whenever we see a "Falcons lost a 25 point lead in the Superbowl" sign, we drink. Whenever the announcers bring up the Superbowl, we drink. Whenever they bring up Shanahan, we drink.

was gonna say, nah, bro, I've got kids to feed.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

p much.

More like by halftime

Nov 6, 2002

WampaLord posted:

Seahawks fans probably would be really happy if they could reverse the order of their last two Super Bowls.

Just imagine how cathartic it would be to see your team completely annihilate their Super Bowl opponent after previously shooting themselves in the foot and losing in the final minute.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i need my old av back

:suicide:

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I'm not even mad.

Its easy to see how extremely not mad you are, don't worry.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well we've seen Saints fan and Panthers fan make fun of Atlanta via jersey, billboard, or other means. Bucs fan, where are you? You've got to pull your NFC South weight too.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

A Pale Horse posted:

Its easy to see how extremely not mad you are, don't worry.

You can think whatever you want. I'm not mad. As I said, it is just overdone and kinda sad to me now. I'm pretty apathetic to it and while I get it's probably super hilarious to others, it's just dumb to me at this point because it's been so overdone.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Well we've seen Saints fan and Panthers fan make fun of Atlanta via jersey, billboard, or other means. Bucs fan, where are you? You've got to pull your NFC South weight too.

Bucs fans had an actual legit burn via twitter which was cool, good and hilarious. They did a much better job than the Saints and Panthers tbh.

e: Speaking of the Bucs, they have their kicker! Folk won the battle of the bastards.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 1, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Goddammit Willie.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/903733230586576897

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Dummy

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

i hate myself, the panthers, and CMC most of all

CMac is going to own and you're going to like it.

Say it with me

"lunch pail"
"scrappy"
"grit"
"hard working"
"intelligent"

When the cold wind blows you'll hear his name "Christian" and your balls will start to tingle.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

CMac is going to own and you're going to like it.

Say it with me

"lunch pail"
"scrappy"
"grit"
"hard working"
"intelligent"

When the cold wind blows you'll hear his name "Christian" and your balls will start to tingle.

"My Christian-sense is tingling!...or maybe my balls just itch."

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

NFC South owns, all of our teams are hilariously flawed in some fashion, all of them are fun to watch and there's no way to tell which team is going to be poo poo, go 8-8 of have a shot at a ring.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BlindSite posted:

NFC South owns, all of our teams are hilariously flawed in some fashion, all of them are fun to watch and there's no way to tell which team is going to be poo poo, go 8-8 of have a shot at a ring.

Truth.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

:unsmith::respek::unsmith:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

Agreed.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Hell yes! NFCS >

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BlindSite posted:

I've got a pretty solid idea of which one is going 7-9.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

BlindSite posted:

Yep.

Also as a Falcons fan I've got tickets to see the Saints at Wembley Stadium. I feel I should be cheering the Dolphins on, but i'm having bizarre notions of South solidarity.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

big money big clit posted:

I've got a pretty solid idea of which one is going 7-9.

This is the year our offense clicks into overdrive and we set a eingl season touchdown record.

We finish 6-10.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Serotonin posted:

Yep.

Also as a Falcons fan I've got tickets to see the Saints at Wembley Stadium. I feel I should be cheering the Dolphins on, but i'm having bizarre notions of South solidarity.

What? No. gently caress the Saints, geaux the Dolphins!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Serotonin posted:

Yep.

Just switch teams....it'll be better for your health in the long run.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Serotonin posted:

Yep.

I will be legitimately dissapointed in you if you root against the dolphins.

NFCS solidarity is the same solidarity Goblins have for each other.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
NFCCS Goon: It's really great being fans of this dumb bad division:

Rest of NCFS Goons: Yeah, das tru. I love you guys *group hug*

a different NFCS Goon: Man, imma be pullin' for da Saints against the Fins in London

Rest of NCFS Goons: lol, what the christ? gently caress your team.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I'd be kind of strangely sad and confused if non-Saints NFCS fans started rooting for the Saints if it wasn't like a Superbowl or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

What? No. gently caress the Saints, geaux the Dolphins!

Lol. Nah I'm going with the Dolphins. They have a home town (tenuous) boy playing

• Locked thread