Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Soda chat is back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

NBC called. They are suing you for unauthorized leaking of the new The Good Place spinoff.

Well I'll conter sue because I'm re-cycling my own joke I posted before which itself was probably already stolen from a source I forgot.

It's plagiarizing turtles tortoises McConnells all the way down.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Soda chat is back!

It's pop.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Grassy Knowles posted:

Unless the sons wear suits, I wouldn’t be willingly leaving them either.

This was a few pages ago, but I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciated it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Argas posted:

It's pop.

It's coke.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

empty whippet box posted:

super genius strong daddy president.

Oh god owlofcreamcheese's worst tic is infectious

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
People who say get me a coke but actually want a dr pepper are the worst human beings on earth

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

People who say get me a coke but actually want a dr pepper are the worst human beings on earth

they're called 'southerners' and you are correct.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hollismason posted:

You reply with 'what flavor' just like if they said soda and then you're good to go.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I actually just get them a coke and don't follow it up with any other questions because it infuriates my sister to much

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Hollismason posted:

You're from NO; you know the deal.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

You're from NO; you know the deal.

It still drives me crazy

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I only refer to sodas by their brand name because I am a bougie capitalist pig dog.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I thought Trump had appointed Clarke and Joe to head the "lets do 'something' about illegal immigrants and muslims" department, but nope.

There was a mention about Racism in Canada, and I feel like we don't look as racist as the US as we don't have a legacy of slavery or Jim Crow, and its not focused mostly on Blacks. Most racism I hear is about SEA people, North African, Middle Eastern, general brown peoples, but mostly immigrants. It's weird though because I've met people who are immigrants that are racist as gently caress. From what I can tell, its people who come to Canada and are doctors and laywers and other professionals seeing the lower classes from their home countries coming and old prejudices are being importated. I had a guy who was a Doctor from Lebenon tell me he is going to move to somewhere they don't have taxes because the lazy immigrants make them too high. Or The kid from India that was in one of my University Classes who refused to take a course because the teacher was from a Untouchable Caste. The gently caress?

Not we don't have regular rear end white racists. Wonderful group calling themselves Sons of Odin are wandering Toronto threatening anyone darker than a paper bag, because anyone who names themselves after something Norse is probably a racist. In the 90s there was a serious problem of neo nazis in Suburban Toronto, Jews and others were attacked, even on their own property. Ernest Zundle, one of the most famous Holocaust Deniers hide out here for a while and all the while whined about Free Speech while he laughed at people who would tell about their families that died in the camps.

Hell I see it at work; the cashiers i supervise are mostly women who are very diverse, and I've seen customers avoid the Afghani women or the West Indies girl, and come to me, the older white guy. It really pisses me off and I've seen it way too many times; white people avoiding none whites in service jobs.

Oh Doug Ford, the Late Rob Fords brother is going to run for Mayor of Toronto again and he was saying how he plans to "drain the swamp, like Trump Did" so put in a bunch of cronies, morons, racists, and generally the worst possible people for every job. Good luck with that.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 2, 2017

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Get the gently caress outta here.

Insurrectum
Nov 1, 2005

Why drink brown soda when you can drink pure, clear, crystal pepsi

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Hollismason posted:

It still drives me crazy

I'm so used to it I don't even notice anymore. When I bartend, I even ask people. The number of times the response has been, "Ummm...I said Coke" is pretty funny though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Carbonated drinks suck

Half and halves (ice tea and lemonade) are very good though

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Why drink soda when you can drink liquor, coffee, tea or water?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

PT6A posted:

More interesting than water and sometimes you don't want to have caffeine or alcohol.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PT6A posted:

You put the liquor in the soda PT6A

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

A brief, shining moment, and then...

Thank you for continuing to suck, Donald.

Ahahahaha, and this is right after Thrush was all "TRUMP THE GRANDPA :swoon:"

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Koalas March posted:

Agreed. Stop drinking soda/pop it is so bad for you. Also you will lose weight.

I have been trying to quit smoking but I'm at the point where I am both terrified and accept that I will probably die with a cig in my mouth. I really want to quit though because I bet my kickboxing sessions would be twice as long.

You have to go cold turkey. All three times I quit smoking, it worked for me.

Serious post: Two things that actually made a difference in succeeding on that third attempt, and I think are essential. First, have a serious and concrete reason to quit. "It's bad for me and I should" is a terrible reason that will lead to failing. Making goals around kickboxing lessons is good. Second, change up all your routines. Take a different route to work. Go to a different gym. Move your computer to a different floor. Smoking is a habit, and it's a lot easier to change everything up and not including smoking in the new routine than it is to keep to old routines but will your way through your normal smoke breaks.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Ogmius815 posted:

More interesting than water and sometimes you don't want to have caffeine or alcohol.

There's decaf tea/coffee, as well as tea-like things which naturally have no caffeine (rooibos comes to mind).

TheKingofSprings posted:

You put the liquor in the soda PT6A

No, you put the liquor in your mouth, you silly goose!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Carbonated drinks suck

Excuse me but the preferred nomenclature is an Arnold Palmer.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ogmius815 posted:

I buy crystal light packets and previously bought a liter sized glass bottle for this exact reason. Water intake went way up.

WRT smoking. I started as a young Ensign (2nd LT in other branches), which going back a couple of pages, got me in good with a certain group of chiefs (senior NCOs in the Navy) who I'd meet on the smoke deck. As a consequence I smoked on and off again for about 6 years but finally quit cold turkey after I saw and felt a MEASURABLE difference in my run times for our semi-annual fitness test. That and I always felt like poo poo waking up. It got to the point where every time I smoked a cigarette I hated it, which made it easier to give it up.

Boon fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 2, 2017

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Boon posted:

I buy crystal light packets and previously bought a liter sized glass bottle for this exact reason. Water intake went way up

Perrier (and probably others) also make excellent 0-calorie flavoured sparkling water. It's a bit pricey I guess, but it's still a nice change from normal water.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Polar seltzer is best, although sometimes a bottle will just erupt like it's been shaken even though it's been on a fridge shelf for a week.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I've never gotten the whole 'everything's a Coke' in the South. I used to live down the street from the Coca-Cola headquarters and all my life people have asked for the specific drink they want, whether it's a clear Coke, Coke with Jitters, Fatty Coke, Yankee Coke, or Green Mountain Coke.

Coke-cola.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Carbonated drinks suck

Fun fact ice tea is according to my urologist even worse for your kidneys than soda.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

PT6A posted:

Perrier (and probably others) also make excellent 0-calorie flavoured sparkling water. It's a bit pricey I guess, but it's still a nice change from normal water.

Building a kegorator to dispense only carbonated water pays for itself pretty fast, doesn't violate BDS and as a bonus you can dispense beer too!

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005
I lived in an appartment block with three cambodian families as a tween, we were close friends with the ones on floor 6.
Everybody's low income, working class because of our jobs and and how we're treated by society at large (white privilege applies until you open your mouth and you're "ugh foreign").
So one day we're in the elevator with floor 6 and floor 3's cambodian couple gets in and they say hello to us but deliberately nothing to floor 6.
Turns out they're from different social statuses and floor 6 are filthy peasants or something.
They earn the same, live in the same crappy paper thin walled concrete junk housing but floor 3 won't even look at floor 6 because of imported predjudices.

In my sisters highschool class, 3rd gen maroccan kids (arabic) refused to be sat next to berbers (indigenous) so she'd be put in the middle.
¯\_(°_°)_/¯

Then again it's same with the whole expats vs immigrants debate: expats consider themselves better than immigrants so they came up with a whole new word for it.

And whether i'm among brit or french immigrants to europe I have to code switch to international business english with a limited accent vs my working class northerner patois in english in any situation where you'd want to be taken seriously (and it's obviously the same for french).

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Water

peengers
Jun 6, 2003

toot toot
If you're predisposed to kidney stones and drink iced tea you're gonna piss a stalagmite.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/904079016793165826

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

Rigel posted:

gently caress Diet Coke, Coke zero is the greatest

gently caress all ya’ll. Diet Coke with Splenda is the real truth. Green stripe 4 Lyfe!

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

n3wt posted:

I lived in an appartment block with three cambodian families as a tween, we were close friends with the ones on floor 6.
Everybody's low income, working class because of our jobs and and how we're treated by society at large (white privilege applies until you open your mouth and you're "ugh foreign").
So one day we're in the elevator with floor 6 and floor 3's cambodian couple gets in and they say hello to us but deliberately nothing to floor 6.
Turns out they're from different social statuses and floor 6 are filthy peasants or something.
They earn the same, live in the same crappy paper thin walled concrete junk housing but floor 3 won't even look at floor 6 because of imported predjudices.

In my sisters highschool class, 3rd gen maroccan kids (arabic) refused to be sat next to berbers (indigenous) so she'd be put in the middle.
¯\_(°_°)_/¯

Then again it's same with the whole expats vs immigrants debate: expats consider themselves better than immigrants so they came up with a whole new word for it.

And whether i'm among brit or french immigrants to europe I have to code switch to international business english with a limited accent vs my working class northerner patois in english in any situation where you'd want to be taken seriously (and it's obviously the same for french).
This episode of Backstory about Honor Cultures may be interesting, it talks a lot about how The South was heavily steeped in honor culture.

http://backstoryradio.org/shows/death-before-dishonor

Also this codeswitch/484785516/the-code-switch-podcast

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 2, 2017

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Argas posted:

It's pop.

It's tonic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Why do you guys like to argue about mixers so much?

• Locked thread