Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I've been on team Pearl every time so far but I would have joined Marina for McNuggets if we had gotten that Splatfest. This time I had 21 wins, 7 losses and a highest Splatfest power of 2158 when I reached Flight Queen. Felt like I played well overall and had a fun time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Made it to King in 37 matches total. 23 wins, 14 losses, final rating for 1924.

It was interesting how the matches against 1900 and 2000+ ranked teams were so much different. Lots of strategies I hadn't seen before in regular turf wars.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I love Marina because she's stylish and cute. Neither of these traits are derived from her boobies.

All I'm gonna say is I've seen some questionable Splatverse art in the square and it wasn't for Pearl.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I made king, once I got to champion I went on a crazy win streak.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Ended up with a high of 1902 and a low of 1763

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I made it to king, but jeez man I will be surprised if team flight won the majority of solo matches

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Marina's breasts aren't even large at all.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Escobarbarian posted:

Got to King after 38 matches, of which my team won 20. The last 10 or so matches were absurdly stressful, the kind of match where everyone you run into outclasses you and there's ALWAYS someone waiting for you wherever you go on the map and even when you actually get the drop on an Aerosprayer or something OH NO LOOK they had another teammate super close by and they double team you. But hey, made it in the end.

This was me in Splatoon 2 until I was reunited with my first love, the .52 Gal. I now respect the point sensor much more than I ever did in Wii U Splatoon... Splatoon U?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

In Training posted:

Marina's breasts aren't even large at all.

Most certainly doesn't stop people from taking liberties.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Team Invisibility really sucks.:smith:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If you give fanartists an inch of neckline, they can and will draw a mile of massive highly-defined cleavage.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Point sensor is better now that it lingers in an area. Also cold-blooded being garbage now helps

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I keep getting put on teams that are 300+ less than my score and it is utterly loving infuriating. I'll 3-1 and go down and they're painting bare spots on the back line.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I'm done. 15-2 has turned into 18-10 and I'm tired or incompetent teammates. This is ridiculous.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Point sensor is better now that it lingers in an area. Also cold-blooded being garbage now helps

For real. Marking someone I can't really reach is just as good as shooting them myself cause generally someone else will

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PJOmega posted:

I'm done. 15-2 has turned into 18-10 and I'm tired or incompetent teammates. This is ridiculous.

Oh no a positive win ratio

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

In Training posted:

Oh no a positive win ratio

Three wins and eight losses that are probably mostly sequential is his issue :ssh:.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PJOmega posted:

I keep getting put on teams that are 300+ less than my score and it is utterly loving infuriating. I'll 3-1 and go down and they're painting bare spots on the back line.

Yeah why the gently caress are people inking the empty spots in your spawn???

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I figured I'd play some blow off matches as the splatfest winds down and they end this event with loving Moray and Mackerel...

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Three wins and eight losses that are probably mostly sequential is his issue :ssh:.

Pretty much. Since a lot of people have stopped playing (they hit their desired rank) the matchmaking is tossing high MMR into low MMR teams. You can carry a lot, but when the enemy team is at your MMR and your team is -200 it is pulling teeth.

I'm good for the splatfest. I'm sorry I let team invisibility down for 8 extra losses.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I keep getting timed out of the matchmaking screen. Is nobody playing this game?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
^^I'm playing!!^^

Representing Team Invisibility

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah why the gently caress are people inking the empty spots in your spawn???

No, it's stupid things like the walkways on Port Mackarel that somehow were left largely bare. I can't cover both sides of the map. If I do, then the middle gets pushed in so hard the walkways (and the blocks between the walkways) are the only thing we'll have painted. As 2 holds 3 down mid map.

Look, if a carbon roller can't even paint the walkways what are they doing?

Anyway, whatever. Cue the old memes about wanting my Splatoon teams as my pallbearers, etc, etc.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

The Bloop posted:

^^I'm playing!!^^

:yeah:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Bloop posted:

^^I'm playing!!^^

The Bloop posted:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I've been playing a new gun with splatfest, which was a terrible idea, but I love the bubble blower, especially using it when I'm facing someone who's seen me. Huge goofy bubbles block their shots and I can make a getaway. Haha, I beat you with something that looks silly, you should be ashamed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The bubble blower is a really insane special and I hope it gets added to a weapon I'm more comfortable with, or I may learn to love the splattershot pro.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PJOmega posted:

No, it's stupid things like the walkways on Port Mackarel that somehow were left largely bare. I can't cover both sides of the map. If I do, then the middle gets pushed in so hard the walkways (and the blocks between the walkways) are the only thing we'll have painted. As 2 holds 3 down mid map.

How about you ink your spawn at the start of the match so the rest of your team can actually help you hold down the middle? You're talking as if you are somehow exempt from inking the blank areas of spawn.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good splatfest everybody, good team good team. But now it's time to get angry and throw my controller about my rainmaker squad

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Splatfest is DUNZO

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Internet Kraken posted:

How about you ink your spawn at the start of the match so the rest of your team can actually help you hold down the middle? You're talking as if you are somehow exempt from inking the blank areas of spawn.

That's what you do once you respawn—it's uncontested territory, so better to save it for a chance to build up special for free while you return to the fray.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

A satisfying end to Splatfest.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I trust that Team Flight, the right and just, will have crushed Team Invisibility, the criminals and perverts.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Wow, you're singularly unpleasant and apparently illiterate. Go project your loust gameplay (and attitude) somewhere else.

off-key indie nonsense
Apr 22, 2010

It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us cybersinners.
Hit max on the last possible game I could play, feels pretty good. When do the results come out? And is there anywhere to get the soundtrack? I see it all over youtube but can you actually buy it?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Zoran posted:

That's what you do once you respawn—it's uncontested territory, so better to save it for a chance to build up special for free while you return to the fray.

Bingo. You build first special on the first approach to the front. Paint your pathway well, because most of it should be safe and you don't want to have to redo it. The spawn is an easy paint after a death before you jump into onto a teammate that's not in the middle of a firefight.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I went out for dinner tonight and came home real drunk. 15 losses 6 wins for team invisibility sorry

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Dr. Fetus posted:

I trust that Team Flight, the right and just, will have crushed Team Invisibility, the criminals and perverts.

The root of evil is immortal.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

inferis posted:

I went out for dinner tonight and came home real drunk. 15 losses 6 wins for team invisibility sorry

Eh, so long as you had fun it'll be worth it.

You'll never see us coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

off-key indie nonsense posted:

Hit max on the last possible game I could play, feels pretty good. When do the results come out? And is there anywhere to get the soundtrack? I see it all over youtube but can you actually buy it?

I think one hour from the end. Maybe two.

Whoops, I forgot there was one more rank after the 50 one. Oh well! Between last Splatfest and leveling, I still have like 25 snails I don't have any huge use for.