Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I mean they're both great and I'll probably dvr and watch both for the Nth time but decades old shows meaning anime isn't dead is just funny

e: WELL FINE if [as] can justify running "classic anime" in the dead of saturday night instead of whatever poo poo they were running I'll take that I guess

meh

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Cowboy Bebop is cool. I've probably seen it four times in total?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Nobody has to sit through Tokyo Ghoul

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Sure, bring back the show when the midnight run premiered. Cool. 3D Moltar was still a thing when this thing aired, right?

I've actually only ever seen one episode ever, so I think i'll actually try and watch it this time.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Dangerous Person posted:

Nobody has to sit through Tokyo Ghoul

I need to see where it goes. I have to know. I mean the answer has been loving nowhere so far in season 2 but we're apparently almost done? I think? Please?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Oh good, Logic is doing Truth ads now.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Momomo posted:

I need to see where it goes. I have to know. I mean the answer has been loving nowhere so far in season 2 but we're apparently almost done? I think? Please?

Son, it's been abundantly obvious since Episode 1 where this show has been going.

INTO A TRASH CAN

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Momomo posted:

I could just tell you were it goes if you are that curious.

Spoilers it won't resolve anything really.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
like they say, it's not the destination it's the journey

in this case the journey is a prolonged slow motion train wreck

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's not quite as inconclusive as "Kaneki eats Jason. Meanwhile, things are happening offscreen, but never mind that.", but it tries pretty hard to be.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Live from DragonCon any minute here: http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't expect any big announcements. Maybe a look at December's TIE, I'd guess.

E: I was right. Countdown begins November 4. They're showing the first episode at the panel, but not on the stream.

Okay, that was basically it, it's just a Q&A now.

According to Jason, Toonami basically makes a grab at every good action show that comes out, but 9 out of 10 it doesn't work out.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 1, 2017

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

What time you think you are gonna start Godzilla tomorrow Waffle

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Probably 11 or midnight. It depends on when/if Arist wants to do Samumenco. He's gonna be at a hotel so his internet may not be up to streaming.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I should be good to go tomorrow.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You wanna do it normal time or give the preshow an extra hour and go at 11?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK

Dragon Ball Super: Jaco and Bulma's Excellent Adventure

Dragon Ball Z Kai: No you idiots, don't use the Dragon Balls yet! GOD!

Stardust Crusaders: Avdol fights Polnareff to a defeat and Jotaro removes his DIO bud. Turns out Polnareff is on a revenge quest. He's with us now.

Hunter x Hunter: Oh no! There's a bomber! The guys better use their new nen skills to beat him!

Lupin III: Ishikawa Goemon XIII: The Professional

Samurai Flamenco: Goto, a police officer in Tokyo, fatefully meets Masayoshi, a model who idolizes tokusatsu heroes and desires to become a hero himself. After a bit of vigilante justice, Masayoshi starts making the news. Also it's very gay.

TONIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh-hNNad64g

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

You wanna do it normal time or give the preshow an extra hour and go at 11?

Normal time should be fine

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Then that means Gojira at 11. Maybe 11:30 to give me time to prep.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
mr.a is not friend to children

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't know what that means

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's Gamera, ya dingus.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://taima.tv/r/goonami https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Howdy.

E: We're moving to Cytube because Taima sucks in general.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Sep 3, 2017

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Today sucks. My college football team lost to Maryland, and Toonami is running a DBZ Kai marathon.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Today sucks. My college football team lost to Maryland, and Toonami is running a DBZ Kai marathon.

then get in here and watch samflam, nerd

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Weird, my day has been pretty good. My college football team beat Texas, and I'm about to see Shin Godzilla.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
WHO IS AND ISN'T SAMURAI FLAMENCO?!

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
my college football team lost to maryland and I'm gonna watch dub shin godzilla unless more people vote sub.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I'll be showing Ippo and Beck after Godzillas done, for those interested.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Yeah I can be super annoying. But aw man this movie is great. I knew I should've seen this as soon as it came out. It's literally... Godzilla Eva.

E-flat fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 3, 2017

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Promo for next Dragon Ball Super:

https://my.mixtape.moe/kgxlho.mp4

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

super is something

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://synchtu.be/r/DIrttoDirt
Ippo and Beck

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This New Year's Eve.

New Year's Eve is a tentative date, as it's the only remaining holiday this year that I can basically guarantee I'll be at my apartment and not home with the folks.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
If you're curious about Shin Godzilla's evolution here's the wiki page all about it: http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Godzilla_(SG)

It's really something.

Waffleman_ posted:

This New Year's Eve.

New Year's Eve is a tentative date, as it's the only remaining holiday this year that I can basically guarantee I'll be at my apartment and not home with the folks.

Also hell yeah!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Those are certainly some gigantic nipples.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

dungeon cousin posted:

If you're curious about Shin Godzilla's evolution here's the wiki page all about it: http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Godzilla_(SG)

It's really something.

I can't help but feel/think that that weird, hosed-up final shot was just meant as a signature to the film rather than anything else. Like, "I'm Hideaki Anno, and this was my Godzilla movie. Peace out."

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

HEY BY THE WAY I JUST REMEMBERED Remember that one Ghost in the Shell FPS game they made? First Assault?

They've announced that they're gonna shut it down the first week of December because, in their own words, "continued development wasn't going to help the game become what we all hoped it could become." So, y'know, if you wanna get in on 3 months of someone's not-very-well-conceived GitS FTP FPS that had inexplicably high production values, it's now or never!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/pregame-prognostifications-from-the-pigskin-wyzzard/week-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i have now read enough of the thread to know none of y'all mother fuckers have read jaco and should fix that

• Locked thread