Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

eonwe posted:

what if u talk about ur steam controller

:gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

gently caress I never knew any of this and I played Dawnblade the whole beta.

Also speed boosting the jump is better than adding precision. I could go either way with the ward but I preferred the one that gives health. I found armor was better to boost instead of regen or agility, at least for me. I wonder how agility affects this dodge.

The Warlock dodge works like Twilight Garrison Titan Exotic from D1. However for the Warlock you can only use it in the air and it has a similar couple-second cool down between uses like Twilight Garrison. However, you get a powered up version of this during your Dawnblade super. You can expend super meter during it which lets you dodge further and faster than normal, and there is no cooldown associated with it. As long as you have super meter left to burn you can keep dodging.

In fact, with the exception of Sentinel (afaik), each roaming super has access to a form of dodge or bonus movement during the super. Titans can do that electric slide which is a forward slide a lot like you can do normally, but you can spam it by double-tapping the crouch button and moving forward. Hunter's Arcstrider get the dodge they normally get, but with no cooldown in between uses.

Waroduce posted:

God bless you and your family I am interested in titan Striker and the melee hunter can you perhaps vomit forth some further explanation of these classes

What I failed to find a way to fit in is that each class has a jump ability unique to them and each subclass have a set of grenades and jump-upgrades. Titan's jump is a jetpack that allows them to get smooth height boost into the air. Basically a jetpack, Striker lets you choose to upgrade the height, the horizontal speed, or Catapult which gives you a bigger initial speed boost for a shorter overall duration. I honestly never found much merit into using catapult, so someone with experience should comment on that. For the most part, Titan's choose between either more vertical or more horizontal movement.

Hunters get a double jump, through upgrades you can make the double give you more vertical or horizontal movement, like before. But the third upgrade for Gunslinger gives you a third jump to use, and Arcstrider's get a new movement ability called Blink. It's an upward teleportation ability that takes current momentum into account. So you can choose which direction you want to blink by the point in your jump you use the ability, and the direction you are going. Blink will teleport you ahead a fixed position, while making you invisible for a split second after arriving. It's hard to explain without a proper video but I can't find one without making you sit through some stupid youtuber BS.

Grenades are unique to the subclass, but they are split off by their damage type. So you may see the same arc grenade used by Titan and Hunter arc subclasses.

Striker Titan Grenades: gets the choice between a flashbang that you lob like a classic grenade where it will travel and bounce for a little bit before detonating, damaging and disorienting enemies. The second is Pulse grenade, which detonates on impact and sends out pulses of arc damage that hurts anything caught in its radius on each impulse, the damage area is a small sphere centered on where it impacts. Lastly you have the Lightning Grenade, it's a spike grenade that can stick on any surface. After it lands it will start sending out long electric arcs that damage anyone caught in them. You can think of the damage area like a cone coming out of the grenade. In D2 it also now has a small windup before it starts sending out damage, so time it accordingly.

Arcstrider Hunter Grenades: You get an Arcbolt grenade which on impact quickly scans the surrounding area before shooting out bolts of lightning that reach out to enemies caught in its radius. Think of it as Impact - Scan - Shoot. Because of this it is limited to only attacking up to 3 enemies at a time, and it will chain between them. However there is no actual aoe so if you have a ton of enemies only a set of them will be damaged. Next you have a Flux grenade, good old-fashioned sticky grenade. Note however that in D2 sticky grenades will no longer 1-shot other players in PvP. Finally you have a Skip grenade, a grenade that is tossed, and on impact splits into three homing projectiles that finds targets. This is good for bouncing around corners and cover, and you can throw it at the ground in front of you to get enemies close by.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Waroduce posted:

Is the kink tag similar to black ops cod like where it doesn't mean poo poo or do you get to play in team matchmaking or raiding poo poo.

Also I'm assuming this game is "instanced"? Social hubs with personal dungeon content a la torchlight or guild wars

There are Social hubs in the game, examples from Destiny 1 include the Tower, the Reef and the Iron Temple. They are where you go for various things like receiving rewards and gaining quests and talk to NPCs. The game will put you in a random lobby of players that you will see walking throughout the social space.

However, you will run into players while in the field. Destiny uses a design of open spaces where you can run into other players, separated or ended by tunnels that are private to just you and your fireteam. So you can spawn in an area that is just instanced for you and your fireteam, then move out into an open area where you can run into other players who are doing anything that can bring them through that area. So you can team up on the fly, without having to create or expand your fireteam, to take on Public Events.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Dope.

I think I will get flashbangs, max horizontal movement and punch people in the face

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Waroduce posted:

Is the kink tag similar to black ops cod like where it doesn't mean poo poo or do you get to play in team matchmaking or raiding poo poo.

Also I'm assuming this game is "instanced"? Social hubs with personal dungeon content a la torchlight or guild wars

Some game modes are completely instanced, some are shared with other players, and some start out shared but become instanced once you get to a certain point.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Remember that while you have to pick a class, you have three character slots in total. So you can and will probably end up having one of each class. Just helps give you some more variety and gives you more things to chase for. And even though your class might be a permanent choice on the character you make, you subclass is not. You can and should be changing between your available subclasses no matter what situation you are in. Just be mindful that changing subclasses in the field, especially in combat, will reset your super meter and ability cooldowns. And some activities like the Raid or Nightfall will not allow you to switch subclasses once you get started.

If you have the time to watch some videos I'd recommend these ones by Datto. One of the few youtubers who aren't horrible obnoxious.

Hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulxZTBdPwNU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iVH9FJISIg

Titan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei04d29_yFI

Warlock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1w1aadjvpE

Also here's a Bungie/IGN video on the Sentinel,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6FYVuSDPT0

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Ularg posted:

Remember that while you have to pick a class, you have three character slots in total. So you can and will probably end up having one of each class. Just helps give you some more variety and gives you more things to chase for. And even though your class might be a permanent choice on the character you make, you subclass is not. You can and should be changing between your available subclasses no matter what situation you are in. Just be mindful that changing subclasses in the field, especially in combat, will reset your super meter and ability cooldowns. And some activities like the Raid or Nightfall will not allow you to switch subclasses once you get started.

If you have the time to watch some videos I'd recommend these ones by Datto. One of the few youtubers who aren't horrible obnoxious.

Hunter

I have decided yet if I will run all three types. Might just do two warlocks and a titan like before. Too much effort and time to get all the raid armour for all three types. But who knows. Maybe the grind is enjoyable enough to make it worth while.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Hamelekim posted:

I have decided yet if I will run all three types. Might just do two warlocks and a titan like before. Too much effort and time to get all the raid armour for all three types. But who knows. Maybe the grind is enjoyable enough to make it worth while.

A lot of people here in the early days did run duplicates so they would have more chances to raid armor each week. But having a duplicate won't make the grind any easier, you're just playing twice as much to get rewards twice as fast.

It's totally up to you though. I just personally prefer the variety having one of each provides and try to play them a lot. But once the game comes out I'm gonna lock myself down and play nothing but Warlock until I get to the point where I do want to shake things up and start from the beginning with a new class.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

eonwe posted:

because a fat sweaty man rubs his hands over them often

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Just don't over think it, class differences really aren't that important, 99% of the time they perform identically. You can roll with any combination of classes in the strikes and raids, even all six of the same one. It's like Diablo, there are no 'roles', just shooting the gently caress out of everything. The abilities are down to personal preference, anyone can kick rear end with them. They are so balanced and equally fun that virtually for all of Destiny's life, class representation polled at roughly the same 33% with a percent variation every now and then.

If you find yourself liking the game and spending lots of time on it, you will end up rolling one of each class in the end, as we all do.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 3, 2017

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Waroduce posted:

You can parasite clan rewards.If someone raids and gets an engram the entire clan gets a reward.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Just don't over think it, class differences really aren't that important, 99% of the time they perform identically. You can roll with any combination of classes in the strikes and raids, even all six of the same one. It's like Diablo, there are no 'roles', just shooting the gently caress out of everything. The abilities are down to personal preference, anyone can kick rear end with them. They are so balanced and equally fun that virtually for all of Destiny's life, class representation polled at roughly the same 33% with a percent variation every now and then.

If you find yourself liking the game and spending lots of time on it, you will end up rolling one of each class in the end, as we all do.

I had over 1000 hours in the original game, it was way too much work to grind everything. Hopefully it is better now. I never played anything after the original expansion.

I don't enjoy playing hunter that much but maybe I will spread it out and do all three over the lifetime of Destiny 2. No rush to do everything and get everything as soon as possible.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
don't worry only bads main hunter

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
so is there no self-res in D2? lol warlocks

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

This is posted infrequently enough that I am always delighted by the titan wearing oryx raid gear that you can only see for a split second when the stag warlock puts its hands on its head.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Waroduce posted:

Dope.

I think I will get flashbangs, max horizontal movement and punch people in the face

You can change any of this at any time so don't stress about it. Most players eventually make one of each class, which lets you play as anything in the game.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Balthesar posted:

so is there no self-res in D2? lol warlocks

It's good. I am not forced into Sunsinger for hardmodes.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
Somebody found the strategy guide in some store so, now some spoilers:

Max power level is 300, and to push past 260 you'll need to do milestones. sauce: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIwtPgLWsAAETgT.jpg:large

Exotic weapon sets: "Mida Multi-Tool grants additional benefits when the Legendary Submachine Gun Mida Mini-Tool is equipped in your Energy weapon slot. From: https://m.imgur.com/ztLAuXA

3718 minutes to go :f5:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

RIP D1

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I can't wait to fight some thicc rear end space turtles ahhhhh why can't it be Tuesday night ahhhhh

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KillTylerDurden posted:

Somebody found the strategy guide in some store so, now some spoilers:

Max power level is 300, and to push past 260 you'll need to do milestones. sauce: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIwtPgLWsAAETgT.jpg:large

Exotic weapon sets: "Mida Multi-Tool grants additional benefits when the Legendary Submachine Gun Mida Mini-Tool is equipped in your Energy weapon slot. From: https://m.imgur.com/ztLAuXA

3718 minutes to go :f5:

Oh for gently caress sakes they are going to make PvP players do mundane poo poo like Public events to get their Trials gear.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

DangerDongs posted:

Oh for gently caress sakes they are going to make PvP players do mundane poo poo like Public events to get their Trials gear.

I think the guide does not talk about trials, Iron Banner or raid.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The person taking those photos should rot in hell for not rotating them before uploading

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

limaCAT posted:

I think the guide does not talk about trials, Iron Banner or raid.

It says "Currently the only way" to get past the 260 plateau is to do milestones. Some of those included crucible, but others were things like Public Events. I just want to grind out some PvP games and rank up that way. Oh well.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
D2 mechanics spoilers.

For D2, you cannot do the campaign missions with a Fireteam until you complete the whole campaign once.

16 campaign missions, 29 adventure missions, 4 world quests, 5 strikes.

Max power level is 300, but poo poo only drops up to 260. The only way to get higher than 260 power is weekly milestones.

Certain exotic weapons can be paired with other exotic weapons, allowing you to equip both as they're a "set"

Legendary shards only used to buy exotics from Xur.

Different materials can be turned into vendors for rep.

Weapon mods are cosmetic or change element type only. Armor mods much more important and can change stats.

Bright dust replaces silver.

Sparrows and the Tower unlock post-campaign.

Edit: Taken from reading the Prima guide. Could all be wrong YMMV.

Edit 2: Citing my sources (which are probably bad sources) http://imgur.com/a/gDnQO

qbert fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 3, 2017

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The coop thing was debunked by Bungie this morning. Its just like D1 - a couple of intro missions aren't coop, then the rest of the campaign is coop from the start.

NEOGAF already went through the drama cycle with it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

qbert posted:

D2 mechanics spoilers.

For D2, you cannot do the campaign missions with a Fireteam until you complete the whole campaign once.

16 campaign missions, 29 adventure missions, 4 world quests, 5 strikes.

Max power level is 300, but poo poo only drops up to 260. The only way to get higher than 260 power is weekly milestones.

Certain exotic weapons can be paired with other exotic weapons, allowing you to equip both as they're a "set"

Infusion no longer exists in D2.

Legendary shards only used to buy exotics from Xur.

Weapon mods are cosmetic or change element type only. Armor mods much more important and can change stats.

Sparrows and the Tower unlock post-campaign.

Uh infusion is still in, you could see that in the beta.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

qbert your poo poo is all wrong lmao log off reddit already

qbert posted:

D2 mechanics spoilers.

For D2, you cannot do the campaign missions with a Fireteam until you complete the whole campaign once. i cant believe this was even floated

16 campaign missions, 29 adventure missions, 4 world quests, 5 6 strikes.

Legendary shards only used to buy exotics from Xur. -> also for infusion and select bonus gear

Sparrows and the Tower unlock during the campaign.

ftfy

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

DrNutt posted:

Uh infusion is still in, you could see that in the beta.

Sorry, my bad if that's the case. It was an assumption I made from reading the materials section of the strategy guide and there was literally no mention of infusion for their uses.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I ended up preordering it.

I know you start fresh in This game but do you get anything at all for being a D1 vet, like maybe even an emblem or shader?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I know you start fresh in This game but do you get anything at all for being a D1 vet, like maybe even an emblem or shader?

They've said there is something if you're playing on the same console as what you played D1 on but haven't said what it is.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Except for pvp where hunters dominated y1, warlocks y2 and titans y3

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Partial completion and completion of record books give emblems, having a grimoire of over 5000 gives one. 7 possible emblems is all.

Plus possible surprises.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

AAB posted:

qbert your poo poo is all wrong lmao log off reddit already

ftfy

Rookie mistake, I believed anything by Prima.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

you can carry over your character's likeness aka their custom head and their creation date.
in june they announced the emblems that you can get that would carry over. if you got to rank 2 in each of the books you should be getting 3 emblems and a special something or other at launch

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

wait so am i reading these spoilers right? every titan subclass is now going to have its own version of the striker shoulder charge mechanic?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Requested to Join KINK, Bigger and dumber goons sounds like the only goons I know.

Look forward to doing some Crucible and raids with you guys.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

rip destiny, I played what I'm guessing is my last game today, using the vex and the siva helm

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/904384592534261761

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/904384918448476161

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Happy Sisyphus posted:

wait so am i reading these spoilers right? every titan subclass is now going to have its own version of the striker shoulder charge mechanic?

Yeah and u get what you deserve if u try to use it in PvP. It's no d1 shoulder charge for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Sancho posted:

Yeah and u get what you deserve if u try to use it in PvP. It's no d1 shoulder charge for sure

:rip: my kdr