Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A lot of Spider-Man stories have him surviving due to his powers while he figures out how to stop a villain some other way. Newspaper Spider-Man stories have him taking a beating while some other person figures out a way to stop the villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Eh, in this storyline Spidey saved Mole Man from Lenny by sending him home in pieces.

And then he saved him from the police, albeit in the most ridiculous way possible.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

spidey you did hear the part where she was against this whole plan and tyrannus went behind her back to do it, right

I mean you were right there

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

With the number of concussions he's had, it's amazing he even knows who Tyrannus is.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey her hair matches Melvin's tie!

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Uh...are you sure you want to say that Spider-Man? :stare:

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Kala is going to realize she still loves Mole Man. The Mole Man Cucketh.

Edmund Lava fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 2, 2017

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
When's Aunt May going to crash the party and land in the fountain of youth?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Chinston Wurchill posted:

When's Aunt May going to crash the party and land in the fountain of youth?

Oh, and then Tyrannous is going to completely kick Kala to the curb after seeing young, svelte May.

And Peter's going to be confused by the resultant throbbing of his, uh, Spider Sense.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
May falls into the fountain of youth, becomes Marisa Tomei completing the marketing tie in.

Does this Kala and moleman engagement actually have any precedent or is it just something being made up for later plot purposes?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They have a surprisingly complex history in the comics. I'm not sure if they were ever formally engaged though.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

GILF Kala x Melvin is acceptable. Aunt May must die alone.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Somehow they'll lose the Fountain of Youth and Kala will age. Moleman will fall back for her and rule Subterrania by her side.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samuringa posted:

Somehow they'll lose the Fountain of Youth and Kala will age. Moleman will fall back for her and rule Subterrania by her side.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mole man's mole manhood is as hard as diamond right now

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Now I want May and Melvin to get married, then open a Bed & Breakfast in the Adirondacks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its actually more of a dialogue but sure

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

All I heard was "Waaaa, I am a big strong emperor man, I want my own kingdom, I don't want to share it with a ~giiiiiiirl~, waaaaaaa!"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Looking pretty orange there, Kala and Tyrannus.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pete is just determined to get executed by the last roman emperor today, isn't he.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Begemot posted:

Pete is just determined to get executed by the last roman emperor today, isn't he.

He's like that guard in Splinter Cell 3 that was really excited that a ninja is going to kill him.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

What if Kala is just a figment of Tyrannus' imagination?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

rare Magic card l00k posted:

What if Kala is just a figment of Tyrannus' imagination?

You know, that would explain the hat.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I feel like the timeline between Tyrannus ruling Rome, being deposed, and wanting to depose Mole Man is a bit wonky.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 3, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He spent a few centuries working on his screenplay.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

So all of this is just because Tyrannus, the immortal subterranean last true emperor of Rome, is insecure about the fact that his wife provides for most of their kingdom so he's gotta reassert his masculinity and prove he's still got what it takes to make it on his own. This is just a mid-life crisis and it's going to be resolved by Mole Man convincing them to go to an underground couple's therapist.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Turns out the only registered underground couple's therapist is Lenny, and he's in hospital having major skin grafts.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
But.. you already conquered the kingdom :psyduck: Moley left and you took over. You already won.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
A therapist will step in from behind a stalagmite.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

davidspackage posted:

A therapist will step in from behind a stalagmite.

And it's Doctor Bong

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Synthbuttrange posted:

Mole Man's just looking like someone straight put sunglasses and a wig on a blobfish there.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

well it's been a good run Spider-man

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
see that, moley? that is exactly how to not to talk to your wife. hope tyrannus likes his subterranean castle, because it's gonna be his swingin' bachelor pad soon.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

well, she got his name wrong but at least Kala remembered the hyphen!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I Bet that tomorrow Kala's gonna slap Tyrannus.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
What are the odds on Moley and Kala rekindling their love, Tyrannus ending up in a one-bedroom divorcee cave and Aunt May being left at the altar, again? Meanwhile Peter stands on the sidelines going "Yup, I helped."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If that happens, I predict a backlash from the reader like what happened when the strip tried to do Brand New Day.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Payndz posted:

What are the odds on Moley and Kala rekindling their love, Tyrannus ending up in a one-bedroom divorcee cave and Aunt May being left at the altar, again? Meanwhile Peter stands on the sidelines going "Yup, I helped."

I give the first part 50/50 and the rest 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
"I sleep in a race car bed!" - Tyrannus

• Locked thread